Coronavirus

whelk

I'm starting to lose patience with the continuing of the lockdowns, but it feels like potentially it is a necessity IF the numbers quoted by whitty stack up. As we discussed before it does pose a risk to those waiting for treatment by the NHS

What irks me however is how exempt for any form of long lived scrutiny these absolute c*nts in power are. Other than their vaccine gamble (which has turned out fantastically for them, but it felt like a gamble at the time) every way they have turned has been brought with an entourage of deceit or incompetence.

They fucked the message to the masses when they failed to adequately address the DC barnard castle trip, and now have already shot themselves in the foot by having a party at the G7. I refuse to believe that this cabinet is genuinely this incompetent, which leads me to believe they are just happy to treat us with contempt safe in the knowledge that the opposition is non existent and they have a core following of idiots that would happily allow Boris to murder their nan.

• Like 6

What worries me, is that they extended it as cases were rising under the current restrictions.  Yes, increase vaccines will help but they need to go hard on things like self-isolation/big indoor meet ups in the next month or we'll be extending it another month.

14 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

You can also argue that the government have been wanker than wank at debunking the vaccine myths... similar to mask wearing etc

There has been basically zero spend on an advertising info campaign on any of these things which is surely a bigger need than something as arbitrary as fucking brexit (I don't want to get involved in a brexit chat, just comparing the two)

They should have just brought out vaccine passports and opened everything up to the vaccinated. The bell-ends who refuse will soon go get a jab if it means they can go to the boozer.

• Like 5

I'm confused about the figures.  Last week Public Health England announced that of the 42 people known to have died from the delta variant 12 were fully vaccinated and had their second jab more than two weeks prior to death.  That's 29%.  They're now saying that two jabs of AZ is 92% effective against serious disease (hospitalisation and death).  Where did that come from then?  Appreciate it's an estimate but I can't get my head around these two figures.  Surely if two jabs was 92% effective then we should have seen something like 3-4 (or lower) deaths of vaccinated people out of 42?

12 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

I'm confused about the figures.  Last week Public Health England announced that of the 42 people known to have died from the delta variant 12 were fully vaccinated and had their second jab more than two weeks prior to death.  That's 29%.  They're now saying that two jabs of AZ is 92% effective against serious disease (hospitalisation and death).  Where did that come from then?  Appreciate it's an estimate but I can't get my head around these two figures.  Surely if two jabs was 92% effective then we should have seen something like 3-4 (or lower) deaths of vaccinated people out of 42?

You're looking at it the wrong way.

Taking those figures at face value and supposing for simplicity's sake that AZ is 92% effective against death (ignoring hospital admissions) - 12 people is 8% of the people who would have died with no vaccine. In other words 12/8x100 = 150, plus the other 30 unvaccinated people.

In other words, roughly speaking, the jab is the reason we had 42 deaths instead of 180.

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

You're looking at it the wrong way.

Taking those figures at face value and supposing for simplicity's sake that AZ is 92% effective against death (ignoring hospital admissions) - 12 people is 8% of the people who would have died with no vaccine. In other words 12/8x100 = 150, plus the other 30 unvaccinated people.

In other words, roughly speaking, the jab is the reason we had 42 deaths instead of 180.

Yeah, cheers, that works although still feels strange to have a third of deaths in fully vaccinated people.  

6 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Yeah, cheers, that works although still feels strange to have a third of deaths in fully vaccinated people.  

It sounds counter intuitive but when you think about it, it actually makes sense. The ratio will continue to look worse and worse, the more people that get vaccinated. We will reach a point we’re something like 85% of the people dying have been fully vaccinated. The antivaxxers will look upon this with triumph as look, "see we told you they don’t work, you’re all brainless sheep!" They will completely fail to understand that 15% of fatalities coming from 3% of the population is actually terrible for them.*

*figures pulled straight out the hole in my arse but you get the principle.

4 hours ago, revolution saint said:

It can take up to four weeks for the vaccines to reach their full effectiveness (90+%). Plus those figures don't indicate how old the people who died were, what was the reason for their death (it just means they tested positive before they died), nor does it factor in 'false positives' (although you would hope they would have double checked with a dead person, but you never know!).

So we are kept being told we are leading the world in vaccine rollout how come Hungary can have a full stadium and ours are quarter full? Have they just got shit modelling as presumably they are not ahead of us in terms of protection?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, whelk said:

So we are kept being told we are leading the world in vaccine rollout how come Hungary can have a full stadium and ours are quarter full? Have they just got shit modelling as presumably they are not ahead of us in terms of protection?

Vaccine passports according to Radio 5, plus the guy who runs the country is a football nut.

The logical thing to do IMO. Get the economy moving again and give the vaccine hesitant a nudge at the same time.

Edited by aintforever

1 hour ago, whelk said:

A combination of high vaccination rate, a more cavalier president, (probably) much lower prominence of the Indian variant and, going by that BBC chart, a much lower BAME population.

7 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

A combination of high vaccination rate, a more cavalier president, (probably) much lower prominence of the Indian variant and, going by that BBC chart, a much lower BAME population.

How come Hungary have such a high vaccination rate? I thought the Brexit fans told us EU countries were going to lag miles behind the UK because we'd sailed off into some sort of world beating vaccine utopia?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Cat said:

How come Hungary have such a high vaccination rate? I thought the Brexit fans told us EU countries were going to lag miles behind the UK because we'd sailed off into some sort of world beating vaccine utopia?

Because the cut a side deal with the Russians for the Sputnik vaccine. Another brexit myth busted.

Texas, New York and others open as normal now with no restrictions. Still statistically we are leading the world so there is that regardless that many other countries seem ahead of us in no restrictions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

It was 5 years ago, move on for crying out loud. 

It was just last year that people said the reason we advanced so well with the vaccine was because we weren't teather to the EU, because the EU wouldn't allow individual deals. Brexit can't be held up as a force for good if people aren't allowed to challenge it.

1 minute ago, RedArmy said:

Tards? Really classy. 

Fed up cowtowing to you lot. You were the ones with the name calling. Remoaners, snowflakes, woke, libtards. Shall I go on. The breximorons are destroying a once great country, a country now regressing to chump status.

Just kicked off the ICC, super trade deal with Aussies and their fab welfare policies. What’s next GM food and selling orphans. It’s pitiful and you still defend it. 

I will always challenge the little Englander mentality. Simpletons, the lot of them. Go watch Gbeebies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

This is why there won’t be vaccine passports, because most of the anti vaxers aren’t white British. 

Fuck me, is there nothing you gammons won’t blame on people of colour.

If we had a government that actually understood the pandemic and planned properly we might actually be able to have a full Wembley Friday.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/06/tony-blair-calls-for-vaccine-passports-ahead-of-june-21-reopening-14723316/

11 hours ago, The Cat said:

I've followed the below website for a while.  Only recently have Malta gone ahead of the UK in terms of vaccinations given by %.  The tiniest country in the EU, who I understand base their healthcare on the NHS.  

https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-vaccination-europe-by-the-numbers/

3 hours ago, Manuel said:

I've followed the below website for a while.  Only recently have Malta gone ahead of the UK in terms of vaccinations given by %.  The tiniest country in the EU, who I understand base their healthcare on the NHS.  

https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-vaccination-europe-by-the-numbers/

It has to be easier to do a smaller country, there will be diminishing returns when you scale up.

4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

This is why there won’t be vaccine passports, because most of the anti vaxers aren’t white British. 

No, it's because Boris won't be the man to have a bit of paper stand in the way of an English mans inalienable right to buy a pint.

6 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Facts dear boy, facts.

DD438090-A914-4E2E-B47A-F499B36BAD58.png

Vaccine hesitancy also varies between Countries, Socio-economic groups, sex and age groups but it's not suprise to see an old gammon like you focus on people's skin colour.

Anyway the low take up by BAME communities is no excuse for the governments shambolic handling, I fail to see why 90,000 fully vaccinated people shouldn't be able to go to Wembley tomorrow.

Edited by aintforever

29 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Anyway the low take up by BAME communities is no excuse for the governments shambolic handling, I fail to see why 90,000 fully vaccinated people shouldn't be able to go to Wembley tomorrow.

I agree entirely.  

400,000 Germans go on holiday to Majorca in May. 5,000 Brits go there.

What is going wrong here? With our "world class" vaccination programme and Government relief that due to "wonderful Brexit" we are not part of that nasty EU vaccination scheme you would have thought that we would already have enjoyed "freedom day."

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Vaccine hesitancy also varies between Countries, Socio-economic groups, sex and age groups but it's not suprise to see an old gammon like you focus on people's skin colour.

I can only assume its because a proportion of them would have included the large proportion of non white people who haven't had the vaccine. There's nothing wrong in pointing out statistics, but everything wrong labelling someone a "gammon" when they do. 

16 minutes ago, egg said:

I can only assume its because a proportion of them would have included the large proportion of non white people who haven't had the vaccine. There's nothing wrong in pointing out statistics, but everything wrong labelling someone a "gammon" when they do. 

I didn't label Duck man as a Gammon because he pointed out the stats, just said it was typical of a gammon like him to do so - there is a difference. He has made his gammon status obvious through his previous ramblings.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I didn't label Duck man as a Gammon because he pointed out the stats, just said it was typical of a gammon like him to do so - there is a difference. He has made his gammon status obvious through his previous ramblings.

You didn’t label him a gammon because he pointed out a stat. you called him a gammon because people liken him point out things like stats 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Welcome to the world of aintclever 👏👏👍👍👍

• Haha 1

It’s funny isn’t it. When he started this line of the thread by calling anti Vaxers bell ends, he was clearly referring to white people like Piers Morgan & Matt Le Tiss.

Unfortunately for a wokie  like him, it was pointed out that the vast majority of these “bell ends” were from the BAME community. Instead of then posting that maybe bell ends was a bit harsh and his dig about “going down the pub” didn’t apply to certain sections of the anti vax community, he doubled down by attacking the white person who pointed out the actual facts. 

No wonder he’s known as Ain’t clever by some on here. 

Like him, I wish the anti Vaxers fitted into a nice little white tin foiled hat bag, all white and middle class. That way the Government would exclude them from holidays, pubs, even jobs, whilst the rest of us got on with our double vaccinated lives. However,  it won’t happen for reasons that are obvious to everyone and even if it did the first people complaining about discrimination would be the Ain’t forevers of this world. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s funny isn’t it. When he started this line of the thread by calling anti Vaxers bell ends, he was clearly referring to white people like Piers Morgan & Matt Le Tiss.

Unfortunately for a wokie  like him, it was pointed out that the vast majority of these “bell ends” were from the BAME community. Instead of then posting that maybe bell ends was a bit harsh and his dig about “going down the pub” didn’t apply to certain sections of the anti vax community, he doubled down by attacking the white person who pointed out the actual facts. 

Like him, I wish the anti Vaxers fitted into a nice little white tin foiled hat bag, all white and middle class. That way the Government would exclude them from holidays, pubs, even jobs, whilst the rest of us got on with our double vaccinated lives. However,  it won’t happen for reasons that are obvious to everyone and even if it did the first people complaining about discrimination would be the Ain’t forevers of this world. 

I never referred to any colour, it was you that brought skin colour up on a thread about a virus.  

We all know someone like you - the classic Daily Mail style racist, never say anything outrageously racist but the narrative is obvious.

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You think you've got a gotcha.

Boris doesn't want a vaccine passport full stop, nothing to do with who it might affect. Ideologically he doesn't want his Tory party to impose this anti-libertarian messure. Nothing to see here.

22 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

You think you've got a gotcha.

Boris doesn't want a vaccine passport full stop, nothing to do with who it might affect. Ideologically he doesn't want his Tory party to impose this anti-libertarian messure. Nothing to see here.

So by opposing an anit-libertarian measure he has restricted the liberties of part of the population.

49 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

So by opposing an anit-libertarian measure he has restricted the liberties of part of the population.

That appears to be the case, he would rather a blanket ban. It's all about the optics with this government, they must think a blanket ban is preferable to big nanny state document option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aintforever said:

I never referred to any colour, it was you that brought skin colour up on a thread about a virus.  

We all know someone like you - the classic Daily Mail style racist, never say anything outrageously racist but the narrative is obvious.

I didn’t call 37% of black folk aged between 50-54 “bell-ends”, you did.

Had I made such a sweeping statement against certain communities in this country, you’d be the first to shout racist. 

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I didn’t call 37% of black folk aged between 50-54 “bell-ends”, you did.

Had I made such a sweeping statement against certain communities in this country, you’d be the first to shout racist. 

Except I, unlike you, never gave a moments thought to skin colour.

Anyway, even if your little graphs are correct then as only around 13-14% of the UK is BAME then by far the biggest group of people I called bell-ends were white.

Just now, aintforever said:

Except I, unlike you, never gave a moments thought to skin colour.

Anyway, even if your little graphs are correct then as only around 13-14% of the UK is BAME then by far the biggest group of people I called bell-ends were white.

Apart from when it comes to having a pop at white people, right.

3 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Nothing I’ve seen from Boris the past 2 years indicates that he’s a libertarian at all. The Boris who said he’d eat his ID card if asked to produce it, is a million miles away from the one we see nowadays.

If the behavioural scientists present him with models that show restricting freedoms will  increase vaccine take up to near 100%, you can’t seriously believe libertarian ideology will stop him. The only thing that’ll stop him is the outcry from lefties over “discrimination “. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Nothing I’ve seen from Boris the past 2 years indicates that he’s a libertarian at all. The Boris who said he’d eat his ID card if asked to produce it, is a million miles away from the one we see nowadays.

Are you really so naive as to believe that Boris is consistent in his thoughts? As Cummings said, he is like a shopping trolley veering all over the place. He will do whatever the Daily Mail tells him to do.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If the behavioural scientists present him with models that show restricting freedoms will  increase vaccine take up to near 100%, you can’t seriously believe libertarian ideology will stop him. The only thing that’ll stop him is the outcry from lefties over “discrimination “. 

In your strange world only mate.

Boris who delayed lockdowns and border controls despite the scientists advice because he didn't want to curtail freedoms or be seen to ban Christmas. And the Boris who is pushing ahead with voter ID despite the discrimination outcry from lefties. Seems to directly contradict your take, you are looking LD but not seeing.

36 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

And the Boris who is pushing ahead with voter ID despite the discrimination outcry from lefties. Seems to directly contradict your take, you are looking LD but not seeing.

Firstly, it hasn’t been enacted yet and secondly the whole Tory party is behind it. 

41 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Are you really so naive as to believe that Boris is consistent in his thoughts? As Cummings said, he is like a shopping trolley veering all over the place. He will do whatever the Daily Mail tells him to do.

No. Which is why I wrote that we’re a million miles away from the ID card eating libertarian. It wasn’t me that claims he won’t enact ID passports because of his libertarian beliefs. It’s Government by focus group, anything is possible. But my belief is the only thing that would stop him is the outcry due to “discrimination “. Disagree, if you want, but it’s hardly “naive”