Coronavirus

whelk

Must know about 20 people who have been told to self isolate this week. One guy was meant to be going to Malta tomorrow on holiday. Alerted by the app for coming in contact with someone. None of them have had any symptoms and all done tests which we negative. Seems very over the top to me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Must know about 20 people who have been told to self isolate this week. One guy was meant to be going to Malta tomorrow on holiday. Alerted by the app for coming in contact with someone. None of them have had any symptoms and all done tests which we negative. Seems very over the top to me 

It’s the app, it’s a frigging joke. Until it’s a legal requirement or needed to get into the ale houses I visit, I won’t be downloading it. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s the app, it’s a frigging joke. Until it’s a legal requirement or needed to get into the ale houses I visit, I won’t be downloading it. 

Nah, pandemic doesn’t apply to you. Im alright Jack eh? People like you are  the reason we won’t be opening up.

Hang on isn’t the app a product of your wonderful Tory govt. surely they can’t be blamed eh?

Nope. I follow the regulations. I leave my name & contact details  at the boozers I frequent, and if they contact me, I’ll self isolate. I’m not a Tory FYI 

Perhaps you should write to the Government with your theory of why we haven’t opened up yet. Perhaps they’ll take your advise and make using the app mandatory. More likely, they’ll just ignore you. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 2

Chatting to my accountant today. His wife has to have regular tests on account of her job. Last Saturday three successive Lateral Flow tests showed positive so she arranged a PCR test which came back negative. He has tested negative all throughout using the Lateral Flow tests.

There is something about his Mrs that is causing positive results despite not being infected, no symptoms, nothing. Meanwhile whole classrooms are sent home because a couple of kids have got sniffles (not my words).

1 hour ago, Antrimsaint said:

Nah, pandemic doesn’t apply to you. Im alright Jack eh? People like you are  the reason we won’t be opening up.

Hang on isn’t the app a product of your wonderful Tory govt. surely they can’t be blamed eh?

People who haven’t caught the virus and aren’t going to catch it are not the reason we haven’t opened up. Blame the control freaks.

4 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

People who haven’t caught the virus and aren’t going to catch it are not the reason we haven’t opened up. Blame the control freaks.

I think 130000 dead and an incompetent govt are the reason but numptys not following the rules don’t help

6 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

These rules from the Gov website?

765BB33D-D616-4C52-9E06-0766CD0B4E63.jpeg

Note that the EU digital passport scheme was switched on yesterday for Europe wide travel for the double jabbed. 
Another Brexit bonus eh?

So much better than those pesky Europeans eh?

You voted for this lot snowflake 

We make our own rules now Cuckie. Who you going to blame for this eh?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Stick to the point chump. 

What rules are not being followed? 

You don’t have to use the app provided you provide your contact details. You either don’t know or you're taking the mick, which is it? 

Lol, stick to the point 😂 You like to pick and choose don’t you. Bit of a hypocrite aren’t you.

Go and shout at the sea you racist.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

There is something about his Mrs that is causing positive results despite not being infected, no symptoms, nothing. Meanwhile whole classrooms are sent home because a couple of kids have got sniffles (not my words).

My wife tells me that the kids at school have worked out that pouring one of the drinks from the vending machine on a lateral flow test results in a positive result, which they think is hilarious. 

I googled it and found this:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/covid-19-kids-are-using-soft-drinks-to-fake-positive-tests-ive-worked-out-the-science-and-how-to-spot-it-163739

Edited by Plastic

9 hours ago, Plastic said:

My wife tells me that the kids at school have worked out that pouring one of the drinks from the vending machine on a lateral flow test results in a positive result, which they think is hilarious. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/covid-19-kids-are-using-soft-drinks-to-fake-positive-tests-ive-worked-out-the-science-and-how-to-spot-it-163739thanks. I will pass it on to him.

Watched 2 England games in pub so far. Track and trace not really being applied and tbh from lack of masks on anyone not really a pandemic feel. Will be back there tonight as feels like all behind us. I know many will be condemning but even all 3 of my kids are first vaccinated now so seems mental now trying to control by self isolating.

And will lay a bet with anyone that post-July 19th we will still be told to wear masks in shops. 

10 hours ago, Plastic said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/covid-19-kids-are-using-soft-drinks-to-fake-positive-tests-ive-worked-out-the-science-and-how-to-spot-it-163739

It’s true. My mate poured Pepsi onto one and got a positive result.

On 03/07/2021 at 10:42, Turkish said:

It’s true. My mate poured Pepsi onto one and got a positive result.

You don’t have a mate but I’ll still be wearing a mask so covidiots still have a chance at their mouth breathing lives.

BTW must be 120% now.

On 03/07/2021 at 10:39, whelk said:

Watched 2 England games in pub so far. Track and trace not really being applied and tbh from lack of masks on anyone not really a pandemic feel. Will be back there tonight as feels like all behind us. I know many will be condemning but even all 3 of my kids are first vaccinated now so seems mental now trying to control by self isolating.

And will lay a bet with anyone that post-July 19th we will still be told to wear masks in shops. 

The point is by relaxing now when only half the population is covered allows mutations and variants to evolve. Only two solutions, over 90% compliance with vaccinations and containment or letting it loose. You can’t have a halfway house. 

Even now the politicians are saying we have to live with it. With the live with it approach the politicians will be able to pick and choose restrictions and we can never get back to a pre Covid life.

If everyone complied with vaccinations and suppressed this thing we would have had more chance of a pre covid life. It has been squandered because we love a pint without masks. Truly sad. There needs to be an enquiry so we can learn the many lessons from this debacle.

And I will still wear a mask. Proved that it suppresses all manner of respiratory illnesses, especially over winter. When was the last time anyone had a cold?

18 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

The point is by relaxing now when only half the population is covered allows mutations and variants to evolve. 

Source?

As of yesterday, 85.7% of the adult population have had 1 vaccination and 63.4% have had two. source

Given the number of vaccine refusers and the fact that the 1 vaccine figure has only risen marginally from 83% in the last 3 weeks, it is unlikely that more than 86% of the adult population will ever receive 2 jabs.

3 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Source?

As of yesterday, 85.7% of the adult population have had 1 vaccination and 63.4% have had two. source

Given the number of vaccine refusers and the fact that the 1 vaccine figure has only risen marginally from 83% in the last 3 weeks, it is unlikely that more than 86% of the adult population will ever receive 2 jabs.

What's the significance of 86%? 

16 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Source?

If thats the current projections then that might do it. I would say 63% is closer to half than 100% but who’s quibbling?

IMO I would rather relax restrictions after we had 86% fully vaxed. Thats the only real way to prevent variants running amok

24 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Source?

Nearly 1 million first vaccines in last week doesn’t suggest it is dropping off. It will not reach earlier day rates as these are being managed along with administering the second vaccine. I suspect the anti Vax lot are not a huge proportion.

39A5EBC2-463F-4529-83F1-44377FFF6B5B.jpeg

1 hour ago, egg said:

What's the significance of 86%? 

The significance being around 14% vaccine refusers (down from around 25% originally), meaning we are unlikely to achieve 100% of the (adult) population being fully vaccinated, so the total number with 2 jabs isn't likely to get above 86%.

On 02/07/2021 at 21:52, Whitey Grandad said:

He won't blame himself. Far rather just disrespect and generally name call anyone who agrees with his own viewpoints. 😅

Edited by Saint86

9 hours ago, Antrimsaint said:

And I will still wear a mask. Proved that it suppresses all manner of respiratory illnesses, especially over winter. When was the last time anyone had a cold?

I haven’t had a cold for well over ten years so wearing a mask has made no difference to me. I don’t think I’ve ever had influenza.

12 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I haven’t had a cold for well over ten years so wearing a mask has made no difference to me. I don’t think I’ve ever had influenza.

This is as much a lie as "the government are stopping me seeing my Mum" but carry on. You be you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

Im happy for you, that obviously negates the point I’m making

Wearing a mask is primarily to protect others rather than the wearer. There is an argument that restricting exposure to pathogens reduces immunity to them.

14 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Wearing a mask is primarily to protect others rather than the wearer. There is an argument that restricting exposure to pathogens reduces immunity to them.

True, there is that argument that its likely we’ll face a larger outbreak this winter. All the more reason for us all to keep wearing masks.

I really don’t understand the fuss being made.

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

I think we can be a bit more civilised than all of that.

Anyway, first jab of Pfizer yesterday. Only a sore arm and very mild feverish symptoms during the night, aside from my horrendous phobia of needles.

Mate, I have just had a kidney out, you have noooooooo idea of how many needles and I am also needle phobic.

Double jabbed also and will still wear a mask. I just hope when the restrictions relax the toxic masculinity that comes with scoffing at those who wear masks will be absent but somehow I doubt it.

15 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

That's true. Picking up a few virus particles at a time will boost immunity. Picking up thousands at a time will likely lead to infection. Its all about dosage and length of exposure.   

1 minute ago, buctootim said:

That's true. Picking up a few virus particles at a time will boost immunity. Picking up thousands at a time will likely lead to infection. Its all about dosage and length of exposure.   

Which is okay because the masks only provided limited pathogen protection anyway.

Just now, Lighthouse said:

Which is okay because the masks only provided limited pathogen protection anyway.

Of course, that's the point. You wear it when it might make the difference between getting infected and not. Walking in the woods you don't need it.  Sitting in a packed Victorian theatre with bad aircon for three hours, it wont offer you sufficient protection to be useful. On a tube for ten minutes, sure I will.      

9 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I absolutely guarantee that CollinsDic will not read this and will tell you it's nonsense and keep covering his eyes.

I know. The factcheck link is more targeted at anybody who hasn’t read a Collins Dic post before and might think there is some truth in it 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

Where does Dr Cole sit in the grand, 'problem, reaction, solution' scheme?

He seems to be suggesting that CoVid is actually real, but I thought it was all made up to ensure everyone is frightened and has the vaccine?

Or is that a completely different 'problem, reaction, solution'?

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Boris on BBC now. Mask wearing, SD and limits on indoor meetings to be removed on 19th. Scratching my head now, what’s left of project global reset? Or is it just about the 5G microchips now?

It's too late now!  The vaccine has been rolled out and that is what will kill the mugs that have had it, maybe in 5 or 10 years or so, but not really sure how long or how it will happen, but it's definitely coming, you mark my words, nurse, nurse, nur.....

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Boris on BBC now. Mask wearing, SD and limits on indoor meetings to be removed on 19th. Scratching my head now, what’s left of project global reset? Or is it just about the 5G microchips now?

They have reached the threshold Bill Gates needs for control in the UK. Just watch other countries follow suit with these announcements once they have got to their "vaccines" up to this level.