Coronavirus

whelk

3 hours ago, JRM said:

Not sure if that's the best ethical argument to come up with! 

Anyway the BBC have had another crisis actor on pretending to be ill encouraging young people and Gareth Southgate has put a video out encouraging the young to just get a jab, so I'm sure they'll all be queueing up now 😉

I don’t think that ethics entered the mind of these youngsters who choose not to have a vaccine. It seems to me to be a self-centred choice, but that is there prerogative.

2 hours ago, CollinsDic said:

Hilarious stuff but at the same time all very sad that you all queue up for an untested medicine with no come back if you get messed up or killed by it. I guess some people just cannot be helped. 

Can you name me a medicine which doesn't have any side-effects?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I had the Pfizer jab but I kind of want to get the new iPad mini when that comes out. A bit worried something may have gone wrong.

If the current situation was actually a conspiracy to inject everybody with mind control chips why make it so convoluted? Would it not just be easier to put chips into over the counter medicines like aspirin or ibuprofen which people the world over take all the time? Hell, why not start putting chips into beer or even the water we drink. No, they decide to invent an entirely new virus, wreck the world economy and generally cause as much disruption as possible.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Trout-Tickler said:

If the current situation was actually a conspiracy to inject everybody with mind control chips why make it so convoluted? Would it not just be easier to put chips into over the counter medicines like aspirin or ibuprofen which people the world over take all the time? Hell, why not start putting chips into beer or even the water we drink. No, they decide to invent an entirely new virus, wreck the world economy and generally cause as much disruption as possible.

If they ever saw the size of needle that you need to microchip a dog then these idiotic rumours would soon stop. I blame science fiction film writers myself.

Besides, who needs microchips when Apple and Google already know every step of your life anyway?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

If they ever saw the size of needle that you need to microchip a dog then these idiotic rumours would soon stop. I blame science fiction film writers myself.

Besides, who needs microchips when Apple and Google already know every step of your life anyway?

But but, that liquid in the vial has to be kept really cold so that the microchip becomes a transparent liquid. It then morphs becomes a microchip once inside the body.

Or some other batshit theory. 

• Like 2

When the COVID passport tech gets ironed out, this is the next thing on the agenda

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/07/23/families-could-get-rewards-healthy-living-new-war-obesity/?WT.mc_id=tmgliveapp_iosshare_AxgCq827TjCN

on another note, cases (people testing positive, vast majority with a runny nose), take another big drop

I sure we will hit the fabled 100k a day.  Any time now!

Edited by AlexLaw76

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

When the COVID passport tech gets ironed out, this is the next thing on the agenda

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/07/23/families-could-get-rewards-healthy-living-new-war-obesity/?WT.mc_id=tmgliveapp_iosshare_AxgCq827TjCN

on another note, cases (people testing positive, vast majority with a runny nose), take another big drop

Forget the gamma variant at your peril!

13 hours ago, CollinsDic said:

Here's an easy question for the mass media brainwashed.

Do you not find it at all strange or worrying that this is the first medicine exempted from malpractice type cases?

If this vaccine harms you are kills you, you have zero legal rights. 

Any alarm bells? 

It doesn’t cover wilful misconduct which is what you are talking about. There is the CICP in the US and the VDA which can cover some cost. 

Also to get companies interested in developing a vaccine, governments used this to help kick start the pharmaceutical involvement. But remember that in the UK, Oxford University  developed one vaccine. 

You stated in a previous post about a medicine being untested. Which medicine are you talking about?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Cases will go down because the kids aren't at school, so that will be hundreds of thousands of LF tests that were being completed twice a week by all those kids now not happening.

So it is probable that the gap between the cases and hospitalisations will narrow over the summer, the hospitalisation numbers will go up while cases look like they are going down.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CB Fry said:

If it is your alarm bells question, answer is no.

Right, you turn.

He cannot answer questions until the alien lizard peoiple controlling him feed him with a response, and they are too busy pulling BoJo's, Putin's, and Joe Biden's strings at the moment.

From real medical people not idiots on facebook etc.

Background

There is growing concern about possible cognitive consequences of COVID-19, with reports of ‘Long COVID’ symptoms persisting into the chronic phase and case studies revealing neurological problems in severely affected patients. However, there is little information regarding the nature and broader prevalence of cognitive problems post-infection or across the full spread of disease severity.

Methods

We sought to confirm whether there was an association between cross-sectional cognitive performance data from 81,337 participants who between January and December 2020 undertook a clinically validated web-optimized assessment as part of the Great British Intelligence Test, and questionnaire items capturing self-report of suspected and confirmed COVID-19 infection and respiratory symptoms.

Findings

People who had recovered from COVID-19, including those no longer reporting symptoms, exhibited significant cognitive deficits versus controls when controlling for age, gender, education level, income, racial-ethnic group, pre-existing medical disorders, tiredness, depression and anxiety. The deficits were of substantial effect size for people who had been hospitalised (N = 192), but also for non-hospitalised cases who had biological confirmation of COVID-19 infection (N = 326). Analysing markers of premorbid intelligence did not support these differences being present prior to infection. Finer grained analysis of performance across sub-tests supported the hypothesis that COVID-19 has a multi-domain impact on human cognition.

Interpretation

Interpretation. These results accord with reports of ‘Long Covid’ cognitive symptoms that persist into the early-chronic phase. They should act as a clarion call for further research with longitudinal and neuroimaging cohorts to plot recovery trajectories and identify the biological basis of cognitive deficits in SARS-COV-2 survivors.

So you selfish anti-vaxxers do you still not want the vaccine????

10 hours ago, Saint in Paradise said:

From real medical people not idiots on facebook etc.

Background

There is growing concern about possible cognitive consequences of COVID-19, with reports of ‘Long COVID’ symptoms persisting into the chronic phase and case studies revealing neurological problems in severely affected patients. However, there is little information regarding the nature and broader prevalence of cognitive problems post-infection or across the full spread of disease severity.

Methods

We sought to confirm whether there was an association between cross-sectional cognitive performance data from 81,337 participants who between January and December 2020 undertook a clinically validated web-optimized assessment as part of the Great British Intelligence Test, and questionnaire items capturing self-report of suspected and confirmed COVID-19 infection and respiratory symptoms.

Findings

People who had recovered from COVID-19, including those no longer reporting symptoms, exhibited significant cognitive deficits versus controls when controlling for age, gender, education level, income, racial-ethnic group, pre-existing medical disorders, tiredness, depression and anxiety. The deficits were of substantial effect size for people who had been hospitalised (N = 192), but also for non-hospitalised cases who had biological confirmation of COVID-19 infection (N = 326). Analysing markers of premorbid intelligence did not support these differences being present prior to infection. Finer grained analysis of performance across sub-tests supported the hypothesis that COVID-19 has a multi-domain impact on human cognition.

Interpretation

Interpretation. These results accord with reports of ‘Long Covid’ cognitive symptoms that persist into the early-chronic phase. They should act as a clarion call for further research with longitudinal and neuroimaging cohorts to plot recovery trajectories and identify the biological basis of cognitive deficits in SARS-COV-2 survivors.

So you selfish anti-vaxxers do you still not want the vaccine????

Brilliant. I can show u many articles saying the opposite to this. It's a bit like a left leaning chap posting links to a story in the guardian and telling everyone it is fact, while denouncing anything said in any other media outlet. Pathetic stuff.

Copied from another forum the below perfectly describes what is happening to you all. 

So the prisoners have become the prison guards. Some of you on here are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and will never want to reclaim your freedoms, as it is more comfortable being told what to do than to make your own intelligent decisions.

Audlos Huxley foresaw this long ago - " A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude". Welcome to Brave New World.

Fast heading towards a communist Chinese credit system, some of you may regret your slavish conformity then

17 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

Brilliant. I can show u many articles saying the opposite to this. It's a bit like a left leaning chap posting links to a story in the guardian and telling everyone it is fact, while denouncing anything said in any other media outlet. Pathetic stuff.

Copied from another forum the below perfectly describes what is happening to you all. 

So the prisoners have become the prison guards. Some of you on here are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and will never want to reclaim your freedoms, as it is more comfortable being told what to do than to make your own intelligent decisions.

Audlos Huxley foresaw this long ago - " A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude". Welcome to Brave New World.

Fast heading towards a communist Chinese credit system, some of you may regret your slavish conformity then

Have you come up with the name of a medicine which doesn't have any side-effects yet?

41 minutes ago, Trout-Tickler said:

Have you come up with the name of a medicine which doesn't have any side-effects yet?

Placebo works a treat. The GP gives it to my ex for a quiet life.  

Edited by buctootim

49 minutes ago, Trout-Tickler said:

Death is not a side affect. 

Have u ever wondered why they do not take into account medical allergies when dishing out the Vax to all and sundry? 

Stockholm syndrome for u. 

2 hours ago, CollinsDic said:

Someone posts up factual information about the impact of this disease that millions of people have been impacted by and all you've got is parroting drivel about how we're all living in a dystopian novel yes we are. 

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Is this the sort of stuff CollinsDic agrees with? Worth reading the whole thread as he details what all the speakers say.

Read that last night. Pretty soul destroying, its pretty obvious at least half of those speakers don't believe a word of what they're parroting out, but they can see a few quid in it for them (Hopkins, the Icke child, Vernon Coleman). I'm a pretty decent public speaker, I genuinely think I could get a front line gig at one of those gatherings within a month.

Funny really- we're supposedly living in a totalitarian police state, but here we are yesterday there was a packed Trafalgar Square of people gathering to celebrate alternative views. Don't believe anyone got hauled off to a death camp after it, did they?

iTs jUsT LiKe ALdoUs HuXLeY nOvEL AinT iT

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, CollinsDic said:

Death is not a side affect. 

Have u ever wondered why they do not take into account medical allergies when dishing out the Vax to all and sundry? 

Stockholm syndrome for u. 

Have you yet answered a single question that you have been asked ?

( And if you respond to this with "no" it won't count ).

Edited by badgerx16

16 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Have you yet answered a single question that you have been asked ?

( And if you respond to this with "no" it won't count ).

The blokes on a wind up mate. He's doing well to be fair. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CollinsDic said:

Jesus wept. Just get vaccinated and bore off. 

I know new infections being weather related isnt news but a huge drop in new infections - by almost half compared to previous week - coinciding with much sunnier weather and people being outside more. Autumn is going to be messy.  

2 minutes ago, buctootim said:

I know new infections being weather related isnt news but a huge drop in new infections - by almost half compared to previous week - coinciding with much sunnier weather and people being outside more. Autumn is going to be messy.  

I still think a lot of it is just thousands and thousands of schoolkid flow rests just not happening. If anything it just shows that the sky high numbers a couple of weeks ago were equally meaningless.

The key thing is keep people out of hospital. Which was and is going okay.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I still think a lot of it is just thousands and thousands of schoolkid flow rests just not happening. If anything it just shows that the sky high numbers a couple of weeks ago were equally meaningless.

The key thing is keep people out of hospital. Which was and is going okay.

Ah yep, that too. I forgot as my daughter hasnt been at school since she finished her GCSEs in May. Agree hospitalisations is what really counts. I'm grateful for the five years before 90% of us die, leaving the elite do their own washing up and laundry.   

2 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Ah yep, that too. I forgot as my daughter hasnt been at school since she finished her GCSEs in May. Agree hospitalisations is what really counts. I'm grateful for the five years before 90% of us die, leaving the elite do their own washing up and laundry.   

No, CD and his ilk will be there to do it for them.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

Sorry, you clearly did not read my post and ignored all the questions. I will reciprocate.

Come on then, answer my question instead; are Fox News and OANN part of the dreaded MSM, and if so, which media outlets should we trust ?

On 16/07/2021 at 19:56, LGTL said:

I'm double jabbed but have it at the moment. Luckily no more then a sniffle. Javid clearly stated we could be getting up to 100,000 cases a day, it appears the news agency either weren't listening or didn't believe him, as I can't see any other reason why this is coming as a surprise. 

100k a day shouldn't be a surprise?

On 25/07/2021 at 05:40, alehouseboys said:

Anti-vaxed all the way to the grave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57958358

“Despite his struggle with the virus, Mr Harmon still said he would reject being jabbed, saying his religious faith would protect him. Prior to his death, had joked about the pandemic and vaccines, sharing memes saying he trusted the Bible over top US disease expert Dr Anthony Fauci.”

Idiot that believes in fairytales over science ends up dying. Perhaps he should have picked up a textbook rather than a bible.

Don’t know who is the most dangerous, anti-vaxxers or religious folk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bpsaint said:

“Despite his struggle with the virus, Mr Harmon still said he would reject being jabbed, saying his religious faith would protect him. Prior to his death, had joked about the pandemic and vaccines, sharing memes saying he trusted the Bible over top US disease expert Dr Anthony Fauci.”

Idiot that believes in fairytales over science ends up dying. Perhaps he should have picked up a textbook rather than a bible.

Don’t know who is the most dangerous, anti-vaxxers or religious folk.

A nominee for a Darwin Award.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trout-Tickler said:

Be interested to know how he intends on collecting after you've snuffed it from your death jab!

I reckon Collins Dic is 'Jelly Baby' on the Ugly Inside Forum.

Either a proper 'Dic' or a windup merchant.

Suggest either 'person' is ignored.

It doesnt deserve the attention just a bit of sympathy!!!

33 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

I reckon Collins Dic is 'Jelly Baby' on the Ugly Inside Forum.

Either a proper 'Dic' or a windup merchant.

Suggest either 'person' is ignored.

It doesnt deserve the attention just a bit of sympathy!!!

Can't see that. Jellybean is coherent and I'm not sure is a persona. I'm a pretty sure Collins Dic is a persona of one of the regulars, ditto the other anti vaxer JRM. Both aren't ever seen in the same room as likely candidates.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Yep about 50/50 most places I’ve been as well.

brother and sister in law and niece just tested positive we are due to go on holiday with them in 11 days!

8 hours ago, whelk said:

The survey was done in the days between 21 and 25 July.  It'll be dropping like a stone as people either forget or see others without a mask and think why bother.  Also I think there are many shop staff that used to wear a mask the whole day have decided no longer to carry on as it was so irritating/annoying.

15 hours ago, Doctoroncall said:

The survey was done in the days between 21 and 25 July.  It'll be dropping like a stone as people either forget or see others without a mask and think why bother.  Also I think there are many shop staff that used to wear a mask the whole day have decided no longer to carry on as it was so irritating/annoying.

Yeah think you are tight and many may feel uncomfortable not ‘doing the right thing’. but now gained confidence.