Coronavirus

whelk

2 hours ago, alehouseboys said:

Been a few of these stories popping up recently where someone dies and just before they do, despite being on a ventilator presumably unable to talk, start urging people to get vaccinated. Meanwhile their grieving partners first thought is also to urge people to be vaccinated rather than comfort their kids who’ve just had their dad die 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Article published on Monday with the quote, "died on Friday." I'm fairly sure this was NOT their first thought on the situation.

Another BBC article where the dying man urges people to get vaccinated whilst the grieving wife does the same. Reminds me of 90s football violence articles where the scenes always resembled a scene from brave heart with a heavily pregnant woman and 80 year old man seen ruining for their lives 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

Been a few of these stories popping up recently where someone dies and just before they do, despite being on a ventilator presumably unable to talk, start urging people to get vaccinated. Meanwhile their grieving partners first thought is also to urge people to be vaccinated rather than comfort their kids who’ve just had their dad die 

Crisis actors? You’ll be in Pap conspiracy theory territory soon pal. 

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

Another BBC article where the dying man urges people to get vaccinated whilst the grieving wife does the same

The very real and ultimately correct fear that you may be about to die from severe respiratory failure, when you’re barely into your forties, tends to do that to people. When you’re a 35 year old widow and single mother, you probably start to wish you could go back in time and get a free, ten minute vaccination. You may also start to doubt that some of those pictures with text on Facebook are 100% accurate.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Turkish said:

You cynical bastard!

12 hours ago, Turkish said:

I expect the feeling of regret is running pretty high before they reach the stage of needing to go to hospital, let alone being put on a ventilator.

Why don't you just stick to your thread poking fun at people trying to stop racism - that's about your level.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I expect the feeling of regret is running pretty high before they reach the stage of needing to go to hospital, let alone being put on a ventilator.

Why don't you just stick to your thread poking fun at people trying to stop racism - that's about your level.

Fantastic contribution as usual. Well done. 

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Fantastic contribution as usual. Well done. 

Just trying to help as you're clearly struggling again.

People obviously don't always go from having no symptoms at all to suddenly being on a ventilator, there is plenty of opportunity from them to talk when they are clearly very infected with Covid and know they are facing possible death.

11 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Just trying to help as you're clearly struggling again.

People obviously don't always go from having no symptoms at all to suddenly being on a ventilator, there is plenty of opportunity from them to talk when they are clearly very infected with Covid and know they are facing possible death.

Thanks for that mate, I’m glad you’re around to help us all, I don’t know we’d do without you. I guess it must have been the period between not having symptoms and going on the ventilator when they were a little bit poorly that they all decided independently of each other to contact the media to urge other people to get vaccinated before they went down hill and without exception all died. I’m glad you’re here to point this out. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

If you are "anti-vax" that is your choice, but it isn't an excuse for public protest/disorder.

But it's alright if you're a climate change activist?

https://news.sky.com/story/extinction-rebellion-activists-begin-two-weeks-of-london-protests-targeting-root-cause-of-climate-crisis-12388712

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

If it is a peaceful protest then OK, trying to storm an office block and injuring the Police, no. I can to a certain extent understand the XR position, in highlighting a situation of concern and asking for more immediate action, but what are these anti-vaxxers protesting about ? Nobody is strapping them to a gurney and forcibly innocculating them.

Anybody known to have particated in this latest event should have a marker set on their medical records, and then if they present at hospital with Covid, should be denied treatment until they agree to the jab as part of their treatment.

( I wonder if that bang on the head has turned me into a reactionary old fart ).

Edited by badgerx16

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Hospitals in Oklahoma saying that their emergency treatment rooms are so full of Covid patients and people overdosing on Ivermectin, an animal wormer that some think will cure Covid, that gunshot victims can't get in.

Fake news

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Hospitals in Oklahoma saying that their emergency treatment rooms are so full of Covid patients and people overdosing on Ivermectin, an animal wormer that some think will cure Covid, that gunshot victims can't get in.

Sometimes Darwinism gets a little help, it would seem. Perhaps we should start a rumour about rat poison or petrol curing Covid but ‘they’ don’t want you to know that, might move this pandemic on a little.

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Somewhat bizarre that people don't want a vaccine which has received FDA approval yet seem quite happy to take an anthelmintic drug which isn't licenced for the treatment of SARS-COV-2 infection. From what I've read, it hasn't even been tested in vivo against SARS-COV-2 and with a IC50 of around 2.5uM in-vitro it's not exactly pulling up any trees with its anti-viral activity. 

In the past month my son has had it, along with several of his friends. Now my daughter has it - again one of a group of friends - so its a pretty virulent strain. Unfortunately Ive been double jabbed by the fake news so called 'vaccine' and haven't got it. I want to assert my right to take horse de-wormer tho.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

It was fake news. 

Therefore : "Strange how the New York Times is so easily taken in.". Whilst I appreciate how dodgy news and conspiracies can spread quickly through social media, you would expect a degree of professionalism from what Scally would call the MSM - they all seemed to be happy to put this story up, apparently without verification.

Edited by badgerx16

17 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Therefore : "Strange how the New York Times is so easily taken in.". Whilst I appreciate how dodgy news and conspiracies can spread quickly through social media, you would expect a degree of professionalism from what Scally would call the MSM - they all seemed to be happy to put this story up, apparently without verification.

Apologies I thought you were being sarcastic. 

11 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Apologies I thought you were being sarcastic. 

I originally saw the story on the BBC, but checked it online and saw that the Guardian and other sources including the NYT, and even Rolling Stone were running with it, so assumed it had been verified. When Red Army posted his response I saw that the whole thing seemed to have feet of clay. I expect to be fallible myself on occasion when passing on "news" stories, I don't expect a whole raft of 'serious' outlets to be so easily taken in en masse.

I'm worried that Scally may be right.😟😷

Edited by badgerx16

15 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Because it fit their agenda. The left has a habit of gobbling up and regurgitating any and everything that advances their narrative, often in a hurry without checking the facts e.g. the Covington schoolboy case.

17 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

I originally saw the story on the BBC, but checked it online and saw that the Guardian and other sources including the NYT, and even Rolling Stone were running with it, so assumed it had been verified. When Red Army posted his response I saw that the whole thing seemed to have feet of clay. I expect to be fallible myself on occasion when passing on "news" stories, I don't expect a whole raft of 'serious' outlets to be so easily taken in en masse.

😆😆

On 05/09/2021 at 19:42, badgerx16 said:

21 hours ago, scally said:

😆😆

Don't get too cocky. I had a bad crash on my bike last week and suffered unconciousness and memory loss, which might explain my above comment.

4 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Don't get too cocky. I had a bad crash on my bike last week and suffered unconciousness and memory loss, which might explain my above comment.

Sorry to hear that but I'm glad you're coming around to my way of thinking 😁

On 06/09/2021 at 10:49, Singapore Saint said:

Because it fit their agenda. The left has a habit of gobbling up and regurgitating any and everything that advances their narrative, often in a hurry without checking the facts e.g. the Covington schoolboy case.

And the right wing don’t? Wind your neck and take a good look at this country the last ten years. Have the Tories  really made it better for all of us?

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Sorry to hear that. Are you sure it’s not long Covid?

Bloody strong virus if it can snap a bike chain and bend 4 teeth on a chain ring by 45 degrees. Plus I have not seen that the symptoms include a shoulder bruise that looks like a map of Africa, and is pretty near the same size.

21 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Bloody strong virus if it can snap a bike chain and bend 4 teeth on a chain ring by 45 degrees. Plus I have not seen that the symptoms include a shoulder bruise that looks like a map of Africa, and is pretty near the same size.

It is a sign that you should become a missionary 

2 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

One thing I have learned about this government is that if they deny they are planning something, you can pretty much guarantee it will actually happen.

Best start planning for more restrictions soon everyone.

100% this. I plan 50% of my business decisions on the opposite of what they say with regards to covid and the impact their decisions have on me. Haven’t failed me yet. 

Meanwhile, in Australia, soon you can only participate in the economy if you’ve had the shot

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTh1d2bpaEG/?utm_medium=copy_link

This is not cool, and I fully expect this nonsense over here at some point  

5 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

One thing I have learned about this government is that if they deny they are planning something, you can pretty much guarantee it will actually happen.

Best start planning for more restrictions soon everyone.

What, like getting everyone vaccinated and opening up he country on schedule so that we can pretty much go about life as normal?