Coronavirus

whelk

8 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

So, are we going to do the same for smokers, heavy drinkers, those who speed? Let's be honest, all of them take up space in NHS due to their own idiocy? I wonder how many of them are rich, have great jobs etc? Or it is only those who refuse an injection? Are you going to be a hypocrite like many others on here, or are you going to agree it has to be the same for anyone irresonsibly putting their own health at risk? 

Edited by Weston Super Saint
Duplicate

1 hour ago, SalmonSi said:

So, are we going to do the same for smokers, heavy drinkers, those who speed? Let's be honest, all of them take up space in NHS due to their own idiocy? I wonder how many of them are rich, have great jobs etc? Or it is only those who refuse an injection? Are you going to be a hypocrite like many others on here, or are you going to agree it has to be the same for anyone irresonsibly putting their own health at risk? 

Your comparison has not worked I’m afraid because the latter groups aren’t taking up most of ICU space like the unvaccinated are. If you don’t believe me, here’s someone at the coalface dealing with it first hand https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/21/icu-is-full-of-the-unvaccinated-my-patience-with-them-is-wearing-thin

Also because there isn’t a vaccine available for those other issues free of charge and access, although severe and persistent speeders are bloody dangerous, and smokers stupid to start. Alcohol addiction is a different thing, complex and socio-psychological to resolve, although the person has to want to stop as well. Same with smoking once people are hooked on nicotine.

If you are unvaccinated, simple message from society - go to vaccine centre and get it done today. Very easy. No valid excuses not to, and no whataboutery on a football forum necessary. There’s a good chap. 

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Should have introduced vaccine passports earlier on. Some friends of my in-laws were these thick anti-vaccine types but as soon as they realised they would need a jab to go on holiday they couldn't get it done quick enough.

These selfish cunts will soon get it done if it effects their way of life.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SalmonSi said:

We aren’t going to have the corpses of people who’ve had 10 Benson & Hedges pilling up in the corridors of hospitals. Nor is there a pandemic of people doing 34 in a built up area. You do have a valid point in that some people need to get a grip of their own unhealthy lifestyles but it is not relevant to this debate.

Every credible medical source has been saying it all along - we all need to get vaccinated for the protection of everyone. Now we’re saying exactly this being played out. The supreme irony in it all is that the countries with the lowest vaccination rates, where more people bleat on about their rights and their freedoms, are the ones who are going to need more restrictions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-59255165

"Members of an online movement infected with pandemic conspiracies are shifting their focus - and are increasingly peddling falsehoods about climate change."

Good article. It’s got the thumbprint of Trump’s and the Republicans far right idiots all over it. Sooner the centre right in America dump the Republicans fascist husk and form their own party the better. Of course, all of Trump’s 64 million zealots are in turn having their strings royally pulled by Putin - who has stayed out of COP - and big oil/fossil fuel companies. The lack of basic education to critically assess online material is painful. It’s why it’s imperative the current government isn’t allowed to get away with waging culture wars and trying to frame a binary choice between investment in higher vs technical education. It HAS to be both if there’s any prospect of a post Brexit UK making its mark in the world for innovation, new green start ups/spin outs and countering the growth of public stupidity using online platforms seen in that article. 

Edited by saint1977

6 hours ago, SalmonSi said:

Works for me :)

Any insurance company would increase their premiums for such risks. 

Isn’t Pfizer the one that has to be stored at -43 degrees or something? 
haven’t had booster yet but had AZ at big old operation that didn’t have any freezers. Still they have done 15 mill so can’t be struggling that much to find suitable venues

Edited by whelk

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

anyone had a booster yet? got mine next week. I hear they aren't doing AZ anymore is this true?

Had my booster a few weeks ago. First two jabs we're AZ, this one was Pfizer.

(Pfizer or Moderna are particularly recommended as booster jabs for immunosuppressed people such as myself - something to do with them being mRNA type vaccines - but, as others have said, AZ (non-mRNA) seem to have been sidelined somewhat overall anyway)

Edited by trousers

10 minutes ago, trousers said:

(Pfizer or Moderna are particularly recommended as booster jabs for immunosuppressed people such as myself - something to do with them being mRNA type vaccines - but, as others have said, AZ (non-mRNA) seem to have been sidelined somewhat overall anyway)

Everyone round here is getting Pfizer. I wondered if the sideline of AZ has been due to the reaction abroad, had AZ originally in March second one in May. 

2 hours ago, trousers said:

All vaccines will be used for boosters but predominantly the mRNA ones as there is growing evidence mixing is best, but for those that cannot tolerate the mRNA based vaccines, AZ will be used.  

So after receiving the Pfizer jab, I get the Moderna booster! 

9 hours ago, Doctoroncall said:

All vaccines will be used for boosters but predominantly the mRNA ones as there is growing evidence mixing is best, but for those that cannot tolerate the mRNA based vaccines, AZ will be used.  

So after receiving the Pfizer jab, I get the Moderna booster! 

As you say all the boosters are mRNA vaccines, but I don't think that mixing up is the driver. Loads of people have had 3 Pfizer jabs, suggests that it's something else, also your Pfizer and Moderna are both mRNA so its not really mixing it up. It is because the JVCI have rated that mRNA vaccines give a better boost.

1 minute ago, SalmonSi said:

It is hard to get information now on the internet as Google is censoring/burying all scientific noted people and their research that debate or question the narrative. The problem is that people searching can only find the narrow controlled narrative and then naturally they believe it in the absence of any conflicting opinion.  They tend to use this in debating friends and families or other forums and this end in dividing all and polarizing views. 

This is happening to all of you. 

Not you though eh? You're smarter than the average bear. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

More of that pesky misinformation.

https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4915/13/10/2056/htm?s=07

Nothing wrong with damaging self repair. Totally normal. We all knew this and believe in it. 

You’ve shared an unverified ‘study’ by an unknown person, on an open online publishing site, which talks about how the virus (not the vaccine) is inhibiting "DNA repair". Now I may be wrong on this but I was under the impression that DNA wasn’t repairable, it’s sort of fundamental to make up of all living cells.

Putting that aside, what exactly is it you think you’ve ‘proven’ here?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

More of that pesky misinformation.

https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4915/13/10/2056/htm?s=07

Nothing wrong with damaging self repair. Totally normal. We all knew this and believe in it. 

16 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

It is hard to get information now on the internet as Google is censoring/burying all scientific noted people and their research that debate or question the narrative. The problem is that people searching can only find the narrow controlled narrative and then naturally they believe it in the absence of any conflicting opinion.  They tend to use this in debating friends and families or other forums and this end in dividing all and polarizing views. 

Are you Scally,

Are you Scally,

Are you Scally in disguise ?

Are you Scally in disguise ?

17 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

You’ve shared an unverified ‘study’ by an unknown person, on an open online publishing site, which talks about how the virus (not the vaccine) is inhibiting "DNA repair". Now I may be wrong on this but I was under the impression that DNA wasn’t repairable, it’s sort of fundamental to make up of all living cells.

Isn't it something to with 5G masts cause global warming ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

He’s proven that;

- He’s as gullible and thick as the output from the biggest, fattest pig in Hampshire. Probably David Icke under a different username, he’s about as coherent

- Too much social media rots the brain cells which people of limited intelligence do have 

- Facebook, Instagram, Trump and the Republicans, Putin’s bots and Piers Corbyn have a huge amount to answer for to the rest of humanity

- Another user for the mods to ban, who will no doubt pop up again just like various others like unwanted knotweed

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

I don't see any polarizing views. I think we all agree that you are as thick as pigshit.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Now I may be wrong on this but I was under the impression that DNA wasn’t repairable, it’s sort of fundamental to make up of all living cell.

Actually, DNA repair is occurring all the time within our body. Don't have time for a full summary presently but Wikipedia has a reasonable description (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_repair). Probably not for Scally, sorry SalmonSi as no doubt Wiki are in on the conspiracy!

32 minutes ago, Trout-Tickler said:

Actually, DNA repair is occurring all the time within our body. Don't have time for a full summary presently but Wikipedia has a reasonable description (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_repair). Probably not for Scally, sorry SalmonSi as no doubt Wiki are in on the conspiracy!

Ah, well I’ve learned something today, not that it changes my argument in any way. I think Si might be out old friend Collins Dic, who someone else had banned without me realising. 

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Ah, well I’ve learned something today, not that it changes my argument in any way. I think Si might be out old friend Collins Dic, who someone else had banned without me realising. 

Oh yeah forgot about him. Although why ban them? Brings a sort of unity amongst bickering posters

• Like 1

A player in the Reading vs Sheff United game collapsed tonight adding another number to the bizarre increase of athletes being taken ill lately, many dying as a result. A five fold increase apparently and no major news outlets reporting those stats.

Don’t want to pour fuel on the anti vax fire but it’s a bit of a fucking coincidence isn’t it?

4 hours ago, bpsaint said:

A player in the Reading vs Sheff United game collapsed tonight adding another number to the bizarre increase of athletes being taken ill lately, many dying as a result. A five fold increase apparently and no major news outlets reporting those stats.

Don’t want to pour fuel on the anti vax fire but it’s a bit of a fucking coincidence isn’t it?

Fivefold increase in athletes being taken ill and / or dying huh? Being hushed up eh?  Go on then tell us where we can find those stats because it would indeed be a stonking coincidence if it ever happens.  

3 hours ago, buctootim said:

Fivefold increase in athletes being taken ill and / or dying huh? Being hushed up eh?  Go on then tell us where we can find those stats because it would indeed be a stonking coincidence if it ever happens.  

There's a blog post that can be found by googling "five fold increase athletes collapsing" or similar. Based on Wikipedia data on footballer deaths.

I imagine that is the source of it.

9 hours ago, bpsaint said:

John Fleck collapses so it must be vaccine related! Bit of a stretch that mate. 

In May Valtteri Bottas had a tyre failure at the Monaco Grand Prix. 2 days later Erikssen suffers a cardiac arrest during a game.

On Sunday Valtteri Bottas had a tyre failure at the Qatar Grand Prix. 2 days later Fleck collapses during a game.

Makes you think, doesn’t it.

6 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

So, another one who has time traveled from 1930's Germany. @you disagree with me, so you are thick' whilst not reading the factual inforamtion i posted and retorting debating it in anyway. Yep. 

What i can do for you is promise you two things.

I am never, ever going to read any of your darkweb nutcase Facebook "research" you post up. Ever.

And secondly I will take the piss and laugh at you whenever I want to, whatever guff you post. 

bEcAusE i aM jUSt LiKe tHe NaZiS i aM

Edited by CB Fry
  • Haha 1

If this is all about fear and control, why are all our favourite crackpot dictators the ones downplaying it so much? China, last time I check, had a rather hilarious official death toll of around 5,000. Russia are keeping it all hush hush, no crisis here, uncle Vlad has everything under control. Bolsonaro (okay he’s elected but he’s a fascist crackpot) saying everything’s fine, no need for restrictions, crack on. North Korea - nope doesn’t exist, we have zero cases.

No, it’s the west European liberal democracies, they’re the ones desperate for absolute control.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

I know you don't read it, partly as you do not have the mental capacity to understand it. But mainly due to fear. You only listen to opinions to help your confirmation bias. 

Yeah, I suppose that's one theory.

Or maybe, I think it is that you are just a massive fucking plank.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

In May Valtteri Bottas had a tyre failure at the Monaco Grand Prix. 2 days later Erikssen suffers a cardiac arrest during a game.

On Sunday Valtteri Bottas had a tyre failure at the Qatar Grand Prix. 2 days later Fleck collapses during a game.

Makes you think, doesn’t it.

Both failures were on Pirelli tyres - probably the same tyre brand used by members of Erikssens and Flecks families. Type Pirelli backwards and you get RIP.   

I'm sharing my original research with you guys so you can comment and that makes it peer reviewed.   

Edited by buctootim
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SalmonSi said:

Ah ha, so you now admit you are not so clever as you think as you had no idea DNA was self reparing. For some one who claims to have such a grasp and in depth knowledge of science while knocking me for having none, it would seem quite the reverse hey.

For somebody who has such incredible abilities to understand things, you seem to struggle to understand things.

On 23/11/2021 at 12:11, Lighthouse said:

Now I may be wrong on this

20 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

not that it changes my argument in any way

As an actual scientist (not in this field) I thought it was a really interesting paper, with good methodology. What it was saying is that the spike proteins of the virus will concentrate in a cell nucleus and interfere with DNA in such a way it reduces the ability to produce immune responses. AND because this in a known effect we should design vaccines which lead to shortened spike proteins that were unable to have this same effect. Doing so would make the vaccines more effective particular in people whose immune system is not as robust.

So this paper is not fear mongering about the danger of vaccines but looking at one small aspect of how a part of the corona virus effects cells, and then using this information to suggest how to design more effective vaccines in light of this new knowledge. Yeah science, this is exactly how it works!

8 minutes ago, Mystic Force said:

As an actual scientist (not in this field) I thought it was a really interesting paper, with good methodology. What it was saying is that the spike proteins of the virus will concentrate in a cell nucleus and interfere with DNA in such a way it reduces the ability to produce immune responses. AND because this in a known effect we should design vaccines which lead to shortened spike proteins that were unable to have this same effect. Doing so would make the vaccines more effective particular in people whose immune system is not as robust.

So this paper is not fear mongering about the danger of vaccines but looking at one small aspect of how a part of the corona virus effects cells, and then using this information to suggest how to design more effective vaccines in light of this new knowledge. Yeah science, this is exactly how it works!

That was the point of ridicule though. Not that the paper wasn't meaningful - but that the anti vaxxer had totally misunderstood what it was saying and instead thought it was somehow proof that vaccines were bad / a hoax.