Coronavirus

whelk

Has the Dic posted any football related posts on Saintsweb, or is he just a monomaniac troller?

In Covid news closer to home one of my football team colleagues has tested positive, but luckily she didn't come to the signing on session this week as she was feeling so rough. She's a teacher, and although the kids are now off I imagine a lot more contact with non-vaccinated people than many of us vaccinated oldies on here. It's still out there, so I haven't relaxed my guard completely.

21 minutes ago, whelk said:

I got quite a lot to do trying to learn how to play this flippin harp

whelk, I'm so sorry. Particularly after pointing out your punctuation errors on a football thread earlier.  Rest in peace.  But do remember your full stops.  Luckily ouija boards don't need punctuation.

14 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

whelk, I'm so sorry. Particularly after pointing out your punctuation errors on a football thread earlier.  Rest in peace.  But do remember your full stops.  Luckily ouija boards don't need punctuation.

Wait 3 days and we may see a miraculous resurrection. ( And an MLG melt down ).

18 hours ago, CollinsDic said:

How childish can u be. There is no chance of you giving me £1,000 after I answer. If you can pay it into my lawyers escrow tomorrow and he sends me proof, I will answer right away. You won't. When I answer you will make up some silly excuse as to why the deal is null and void. Jeez how old are you?

No details have been sent to me for your lawyers escrow account so I haven't been able to transfer the £1,000.

Looks like you've bottled it once again.

Jeez, you've certainly nailed it when it comes to making yourself look silly.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, egg said:

You're a properly shit troll mate. 

So, someone promises me a grand and I am the troll? LOL.

23 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You asked for a guarantee, I gave you a cast iron guarantee, you can't get a better one than that.

I'm guessing that your reluctance to answer the question put to you has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of money in my bank account and everything to do with the fact you've realised you're a complete plank and have made yourself look particularly silly (again), and now you are tring to back track....

You simply can't answer the question because you know there is no logical answer.  It's fine, no one thinks any worse of you for your inability to answer the question because everyone already thought you were an utter bell end anyway.

You know and I know you will never pay up in a million years. So, can you explain why you made such a silly claim?

21 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Sure, give me the details of your lawyer's escrow, I'll transfer the money this afternoon.

OK, so send me a private message so we can exchange emails and i will give you the account details.

22 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

It's quite simple - ca!! his bluff and answer the question. What have you got to lose ?

Why should I? Will you call him out as a liar and troll if I answer and he does not pay up? No, you will just laugh.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

So, someone promises me a grand and I am the troll? LOL.

You know and I know you will never pay up in a million years. So, can you explain why you made such a silly claim?

OK, so send me a private message so we can exchange emails and i will give you the account details.

Why should I? Will you call him out as a liar and troll if I answer and he does not pay up? No, you will just laugh.

If you answer the question then kudos to you.

But you can't. You do more ducking and diving than Frank Bruno.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

OK, so send me a private message so we can exchange emails and i will give you the account details

I tried to send you a private message and I got this response (looks like you are going to have to cough up a fiver if you truly want to send me your lawyer's escrow account details) :

CollinsDic cannot receive messages

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I tried to send you a private message and I got this response (looks like you are going to have to cough up a fiver if you truly want to send me your lawyer's escrow account details) :

So, put up your email address so i can email you account details. Bottom line. Be honest in front of all your peers, or you are going to look an utter idiot. Would you send me £1,000 (one thousand UK pounds) to my bank just for answering a question? No if, but maybe. Simple yes or no.

Every single person on this forum knows you will NOT. So why bother pretending?

9 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

So, put up your email address so i can email you account details. Bottom line. Be honest in front of all your peers, or you are going to look an utter idiot. Would you send me £1,000 (one thousand UK pounds) to my bank just for answering a question? No if, but maybe. Simple yes or no.

It’s dick swinging on both sides. Neither of you were ever going to pay so what was the point of throwing down that particular empty gauntlet? 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

Tell us, do you think we should be signing players that have been vaccinated?

39 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

What does it matter if he pays or not ? You win, big time by simply posting an answer. But you won't, because you can't, so who is the real idiot for continuing this farce ?

42 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

I'm really nervous about dying here.

I'm so scared. Why can't you see it in your heart to help us?

7 minutes ago, Trout-Tickler said:

Tell us, do you think we should be signing players that have been vaccinated?

Only if we can get watertight life insurance. The mind control thing could hamper tactics too, unless Bill Gates supports Saints   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You can't expect him to have fivers just laying around. He's got Lawyers to pay.

1 hour ago, CollinsDic said:

Yep, absolutely.

Feel free to post your email address - or pay the fiver to receive DMs as the ball is in your court...

Until then, we can all see that you've bottled it. Again.

23 hours ago, Turkish said:

Mrs has covid, Yesterday we moved the holiday to Crete we were meant to be going on next week to Mexico in October. Today Mexico goes on the red list. FFS

The good Lord is trying to tell you something 

have you avoided it?

Edited by whelk

9 minutes ago, whelk said:

The good Lord is trying to tell you something 

have you avoided it?

Incredibly both me and Turkish junior are still negative. Despite us isolating together in the same house for over a week now.

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

What does it matter if he pays or not ? You win, big time by simply posting an answer. But you won't, because you can't, so who is the real idiot for continuing this farce ?

Dear me. And above we have another of the merry clique band of idiots saying I am dick swinging when in fact it is clearly him not me. 

I can and will answer every thing but only when I get the money. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

Dear me. And above we have another of the merry clique band of idiots saying I am dick swinging when in fact it is clearly him not me. 

Alas, the information you have could have saved us all.

If only you had a change of mind.

And were still able to post here.

57 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Alas, the information you have could have saved us all.

And were still able to post here.

Probably for the best

Edited by Plastic

1 hour ago, CollinsDic said:

You are the living proof that arseholes are the source of all shit.

3 hours ago, Jimmy_D said:

Alas, the information you have could have saved us all.

And were still able to post here.

Probably for the best. I think it had run its course.

Now, on to business.

Can everyone email their sort code and A/C numbers to 

cedric-barabas.fry@wannadoo.net

I'll sort you out for a grand each.

First ten responses, mind. I'm not mental.

Edited by CB Fry

3 hours ago, CollinsDic said:

Selfish cunt, can save humanity, but only for a grand! 

5 hours ago, CollinsDic said:

Is this some pyramid thing? Don’t tell me someone has taken advantage of a gullible fool such as yourself by selling you ‘the truth’ and now it’s a pass it on thingy?

1 hour ago, Raging Bull said:

I feel like I need to ask, who do you all think CD is? 

Seeing as some of you think it’s a persona of another poster. 

I think it's a very prominent and frequent poster, usually on the main board. 

46 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Hhhmmm, very convenient that RB turns up now.... :suspicious:

it’s not me…

No No No GIF

10 minutes ago, whelk said:

Send me money and I will answer

Animated GIF

5 minutes ago, egg said:

I think it's a very prominent and frequent poster, usually on the main board. 

MLG???? 

All I know for someone to act out a persona on a separate account would be incredibly sad. Overthinking the importance as all pretty anonymous so seems bit pointless creating a separate anonymous account as couldn’t give a fuck what account stuff comes from.

10 hours ago, whelk said:

All I know for someone to act out a persona on a separate account would be incredibly sad. Overthinking the importance as all pretty anonymous so seems bit pointless creating a separate anonymous account as couldn’t give a fuck what account stuff comes from.

Check out JellyBaby on the Ugly Inside forum.
Same person I reckon

1 hour ago, suewhistle said:

Yes, makes you pause for thought. Everybody thinks it can never happen to them, only other people. It should be compulsory reading for anyone who’s not sure about getting vaccinated.

11 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Yes, makes you pause for thought. Everybody thinks it can never happen to them, only other people. It should be compulsory reading for anyone who’s not sure about getting vaccinated.

CD would have a different story to tell.

How the fuck can they change the traffic light system of a country whilst people are there and expect them to stump up the cash for hotel quarantine? Why do they even need hotel quarantine? Surely it’s equally as safe to drive or get a taxi and stay home for 10 days rather than be forced to spend £1700 per person on this farce. How many people have a space £5-£6k laying around to pay for an enforced rule like this at no notice??

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

How the fuck can they change the traffic light system of a country whilst people are there and expect them to stump up the cash for hotel quarantine? Why do they even need hotel quarantine? Surely it’s equally as safe to drive or get a taxi and stay home for 10 days rather than be forced to spend £1700 per person on this farce. How many people have a space £5-£6k laying around to pay for an enforced rule like this at no notice??

The whole traffic light and quarantine system is a joke. For example the UK classifies some countries with open borders as red and some as green. Want to visit a red country without penalty? no problem either just get a flight to a place close to the border and drive your hire car over or get an indirect flight, changing places in somewhere green or amber. At immigration at Gatwick I got asked a couple of cursory questions with no check on my answers. Nobody looked at my PCR tests. When I got home I simply got two calls on my mobile asking if me if I was quarantining at home  - to which the answer could easily have been 'yes' whilst you were sat in football game or crowded club.       

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

Couldnt agree more.

The fee for hotel quarantine is going up very soon to over £2,300. Absolutely criminal.

18 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Couldnt agree more.

The fee for hotel quarantine is going up very soon to over £2,300. Absolutely criminal.

Isn’t it a Travel lodge or similar as well? For 3 of us that would cost us £6900, more than a 5 star all inclusive for two weeks. Absolute rip off. If you deliberately go to a red country then i guess you know what you’re in for but if you’re in one and they change it with just a few days notice how can anyone be expected to stump up that sort of money? Why is it any safer than quarantine at home?

26 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Couldnt agree more.

Isn't that more than the fine for not quarantining?  I'd head home and put my feet up.

Just now, Manuel said:

Isn't that more than the fine for not quarantining?  I'd head home and put my feet up.

Just looked into it further, £2300 for first adult, £1430 for second and £325 for kids 5-12 so would cost us nearly £4K. Still absolutely scandalous. It was a £10k fine for no hotel quarantine 

33 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Isn’t it a Travel lodge or similar as well? For 3 of us that would cost us £6900, more than a 5 star all inclusive for two weeks. Absolute rip off. If you deliberately go to a red country then i guess you know what you’re in for but if you’re in one and they change it with just a few days notice how can anyone be expected to stump up that sort of money? Why is it any safer than quarantine at home?

You pays your money you take your chance. Anyone going abroad for a holiday should know they are taking a gamble and makes me laugh those grumbling about having to rush back. We all want to travel but if you want to take the risk don’t bleat about ‘unforeseen’ consequences when there is so much evidence of things changing at v short notice.

Don’t agree with the hotels thing as seems a farce.

1 minute ago, whelk said:

You pays your money you take your chance. Anyone going abroad for a holiday should know they are taking a gamble and makes me laugh those grumbling about having to rush back. We all want to travel but if you want to take the risk don’t bleat about ‘unforeseen’ consequences when there is so much evidence of things changing at v short notice.

A lot of people are in a similar situation to us though. Booked a holiday pre covid, can’t get a refund but can get a free change to a new date and location. We are now on the 4th time of rescheduling our holiday, we were meant to be going to Crete next week but Mrs got Covid so pushed it back to Mexico in October which is now red list. Obviously we will move it yet again if things stay the same. It’s all very well to say you know the risk but What are you meant to do just write it off and walk away from the money? If you go to a red country I get it, you know what the circumstances are but to change it while people are there and expect them to find thousands for a ridiculous rule when it’s no safer in a hotel as it is at home Is a disgrace. What happens if you can’t afford it? 

Just now, Turkish said:

A lot of people are in a similar situation to us though. Booked a holiday pre covid, can’t get a refund but can get a free change to a new date and location. We are now on the 4th time of rescheduling our holiday, we were meant to be going to Crete next week but Mrs got Covid so pushed it back to Mexico in October which is now red list. Obviously we will move it yet again if things stay the same. It’s all very well to say you know the risk but What are you meant to do just write it off and walk away from the money? If you go to a red country I get it, you know what the circumstances are but to change it while people are there and expect them to find thousands for a ridiculous rule when it’s no safer in a hotel as it is at home Is a disgrace. What happens if you can’t afford it? 

I do get that and was going to say feel for those that are trying to rearrange holidays booked preCovid

16 minutes ago, whelk said:

It’s not as though these random changes are an act of God though, is it? The changes in a country’s status are down to the whims of incompetents in which logical thinking takes no part.

Last August we came back from France and had to quarantine at home for two weeks. Our daughter and her family who had been with us were caught by the sudden introduction of restrictions by less than 24 hours and had to do the same. Yet we had been in a region of France that had only had three infections in total up to that point.

What have we done so wrong that we deserve this shower of wet drips in charge?

I don't get why there is anyone in these quarantine hotels. The rule applies if you've been in a red list country in the last ten days, for which the quarantine is also ten days. So why not fly from the red list country to somewhere else on the amber/green list who will let you in and stay there for ten days? £2,300 would cover your flights and a pretty awesome hotel, depending on where you go.