Taking the knee

whelk

The sun's shining down south, Saints have made some interesting signings, the season is here and stadiums are opening!!.....yet there are still people frothing at the mouth and bickering on here about whether knee should be in a capital letter or what colour fucking grass should be if it's going to be knelt upon.

For the casual observer there is no longer anything to be achieved by making any point via this lame and asthmatic donkey of a thread - it's just become noise....of varying shades.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

"unaffected white people". Goodness me the way these people talk is insane. Critical race theory is like a woke religion. 

Yep. It's like they've been indoctrinated. Cannot say anything against it or you are against the cause. Soggy with his preaching we should support every anti racism gesture whatever it is or what we think of it. Mental.

On 08/08/2021 at 21:19, whelk said:

Unlike all the others here whose friends gathering are just a hotbed of multiculturalism and all non-white friends just condemn BLM?

Sadly I have just seen this odd post from an odd poster as it was quoted.Why would someone who doesn’t know me or anything about me write such childish nonsense? I wouldn’t normally bother to respond to his usual Wummery but as I have nothing better to do, here we go. For my first 10 years I lived a stone’s throw from Brixton. My infants class at school was mixed race and my best friend who lived opposite was black. All of the jobs I have had have involved working with BAME people. The guy who cuts my hair is a Muslim. The landlady until recently of the pub opposite to where I live has a mixed race family, all of whom I know. I could go on but I can’t be bothered.He really needs to grow up and stop talking bollocks.

9 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Sadly I have just seen this odd post from an odd poster as it was quoted.Why would someone who doesn’t know me or anything about me write such childish nonsense? I wouldn’t normally bother to respond to his usual Wummery but as I have nothing better to do, here we go. For my first 10 years I lived a stone’s throw from Brixton. My infants class at school was mixed race and my best friend who lived opposite was black. All of the jobs I have had have involved working with BAME people. The guy who cuts my hair is a Muslim. The landlady until recently of the pub opposite to where I live has a mixed race family, all of whom I know. I could go on but I can’t be bothered.He really needs to grow up and stop talking bollocks.

Don't lie you've been responding for years and you read every post. 

32 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Like i'm on ignore!! Even funnier is your saying i'm on ignore but responding!!

So you currently know 2 non white people, one cuts your hair the other one pulled your pints!!! This is brilliant!! 🤣

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Like i'm on ignore!! Even funnier is your saying i'm on ignore but responding!!

So you currently know 2 non white people, one cuts your hair the other one pulled your pints!!! This is brilliant!! 🤣

You're making an assumption with the hair cutting one though, not all Muslims are non white...

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

So in summary, you lived in a multicultural area, like most of the UK's urban population; went to a typical urban school; have had a job that brought you in contact with a range of ethnic and socio econmic groups - like every body has; and in your day to day life you know "a muslim".

Aren't you the special one !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So in summary, you lived in a multicultural area, like most of the UK's urban population; went to a typical urban school; have had a job that brought you in contact with a range of ethnic and socio econmic groups - like every body has; and in your day to day life you know "a muslim".

Aren't you the special one !

Dont forget the mixed race barmaid 🤣

Honestly I keep chuckling to myself about this latest revelation. The guy who spends his days piously preaching to everyone about anti racism knows a muslim barber and a mixed race barmaid in his local. 🤣

26 minutes ago, whelk said:

Why do you all gang up on SOG? Yes he can be sanctimonious but gets an unfair battering from you lot IMO.

Agree. He opens himself up to criticism but the ganging up says some unflattering things about the people who do it 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Dont forget the mixed race barmaid 🤣

Honestly I keep chuckling to myself about this latest revelation. The guy who spends his days piously preaching to everyone about anti racism knows a muslim barber and a mixed race barmaid in his local. 🤣

And he preaches to me about Islam when I'm married to an Arab! 

• Confused 1

Just now, buctootim said:

Agree. He opens himself up to criticism but the ganging up says some unflattering things about the people who do it 

I think I had a rather more uncharitable opinion of him when he started making incredibly serious accusations against other posters like calling them rape apologists and part of the far right. 

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

And he preaches to me about Islam when I'm married to an Arab! 

Erm slightly disingenuous. You're married to a British woman who has one Iraqi born parent and who isnt religious according to your previous posts  

Edited by buctootim

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I think I had a rather more uncharitable opinion of him when he started making incredibly serious accusations against other posters like calling them rape apologists and part of the far right. 

I dont think i've ever said anything about him that's untrue. Like this latest thing he's got all upset about. I said he will hardly see any POCs as he lives in a 98% white town. He then comes back and confirms that as he currently knows a muslim barber and a mixed race barmaid, so its true. The fact he doesn't like it is irrelevant. he also said on TUI that he used clap for carers as an excuse to speak to his neighbours not for the purpose intended. Then there are the constant accusations of everyone being right wing racist, Trump, Tommy Robinson supporters if they dont prescribe to his pious preaching. throw in the condescending arrogance in most of his posts then it's no wonder he gets a bit of grief. 

12 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Erm slightly disingenuous. You're married to a British woman who has one Iraqi born parent and who isnt religious according to your previous posts  

I have close relationships with a number of family members who are religious including my father in laws partner. I'd wager that's a step up from getting my hair cut by Muhammed. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

For me it was all but calling people who don't support taking the knee as racist or racism apologists. Bang out of order. Prior to that I was very tolerant of the bloke but I became very unforgiving after that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, egg said:

For me it was all but calling people who don't support taking the knee as racist or racism apologists. Bang out of order. Prior to that I was very tolerant of the bloke but I became very unforgiving after that. 

That's essentially what he means every time he talks about the far right in relation to posters on here. By contrast people have mocked him relentlessly on here but no one to my knowledge has ever slurred him in such a manner with falsehoods repeated as truth. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

That's essentially what he means every time he talks about the far right in relation to posters on here. By contrast people have mocked him relentlessly on here but no one to my knowledge has ever slurred him in such a manner with falsehoods repeated as truth. 

Indeed. People have differences with others sometimes (you and I have), but there's lines not to be crossed. Sadly SOG will cast very serious aspersions in his desperation to make his point. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Lots of very angry people in this thread. Can’t you just get behind the very positive message? 

Its really weird how many people consider others to be angry as if someone is shouting at their screen. I'm typing on here in between sorting out my sock drawer I can't imagine anyone is particularly angry. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a good article that makes a mockery of claims that hate crimes are growing. Particularly this bit: 

In contrast, measures of hate crime that are unaffected by changes in policing or recording methods, such as the Crime Survey for England and Wales, show a ‘long-term decline in hate crime’. Between March 2008-09 and March 2019-20, the number of hate crimes actually fell by an extraordinary 38 per cent.

Looks like those saying how much more tolerant and accepting the UK is than even a few years ago were entirely correct. 

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/08/23/the-manufacturing-of-a-hate-crime-epidemic/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

On 11/08/2021 at 17:18, buctootim said:

They are a strange bunch Whelk but they clearly have an agenda a gang up on anybody that speaks out against it. It’s being going on for years with one particular poster who gets his panties in a bunch if ever I post anything calling out a right winger or posting in supporting of normal people who are getting it in the neck because of their skin colour  or religion. He has been joined by a bunch of like minded people with the same issues. Apparently my views (which I think are shared by many on here) don’t count because I don’t have a bunch of besties who are black or follow Islam? By that logic my views about right wing extremists or megalomaniac dictators count for nothing either because I am not friends with any of them.It is truly bizarre that people who claim that they are not racist or Islamophobic call out people who post in support of people on the end of abuse.The fact that they form little cliques and gang up on posters speaks volumes about them but they have outed themselves over the years so that isn’t a bad thing and it is good to see more people calling them out for what they are. I’d rather be a sanctimonious poster than an online right wing bully with zero self awareness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hysterical that soggy claims others have no self awareness. It's just poor old innocent soggy just speaking out against racism and sexisn and getting called out for it by all those far right wing extremists posting on a saints forum. Absolutely nothing else to it how could anyone object to being called nazis or rape apologists I just don't understand it. 

32 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

They are a strange bunch Whelk but they clearly have an agenda a gang up on anybody that speaks out against it. It’s being going on for years with one particular poster who gets his panties in a bunch if ever I post anything calling out a right winger or posting in supporting of normal people who are getting it in the neck because of their skin colour  or religion. He has been joined by a bunch of like minded people with the same issues. Apparently my views (which I think are shared by many on here) don’t count because I don’t have a bunch of besties who are black or follow Islam? By that logic my views about right wing extremists or megalomaniac dictators count for nothing either because I am not friends with any of them.It is truly bizarre that people who claim that they are not racist or Islamophobic call out people who post in support of people on the end of abuse.The fact that they form little cliques and gang up on posters speaks volumes about them but they have outed themselves over the years so that isn’t a bad thing and it is good to see more people calling them out for what they are. I’d rather be a sanctimonious poster than an online right wing bully with zero self awareness.

How's your barber pal? Did you tip him extra today as you are obviously in a speaking out mood?

28 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Hysterical that soggy claims others have no self awareness. It's just poor old innocent soggy just speaking out against racism and sexisn and getting called out for it by all those far right wing extremists posting on a saints forum. Absolutely nothing else to it how could anyone object to being called nazis or rape apologists I just don't understand it. 

He doesn't have any black friends (apart from his barber and bar maid in his local) but those that do on here are racist nazis, it's frigging hilarious :lol: 

Interestingly i see he claims more and more people are "calling them out" When  this thread seem to once be absolutely in agreement each other, that being what an absolute whopper Soggy is. 

Edited by Turkish

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

He doesn't have any black friends (apart from his barber and bar maid in his local) but those that do on here are racist nazis, it's frigging hilarious :lol: 

Interestingly i see he claims more and more people are "calling them out" When  this thread seem to once be absolutely in agreement each other, that being what an absolute whopper Soggy is. 

I wouldn't worry. He has us on ignore so won't be seeing any of these replies :)

12 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I wouldn't worry. He has us on ignore so won't be seeing any of these replies :)

Yes unfortunate as i'd like to see his response to your post about the drop in hate crime. I'm sure he's got plenty of real life experience of how this is incorrect what with knowing a muslim barber.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Yes unfortunate as i'd like to see his response to your post about the drop in hate crime. I'm sure he's got plenty of real life experience of how this is incorrect what with knowing a muslim barber.

You've been pointing out his hypocrisy for years lecturing others about racism whilst having virtually no interactions with black people himself. The fact that his response to that was a self-own that highlighted what a trifling amount of interactions he has with non white people is incredibly amusing. 

3 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Looks like those saying how much more tolerant and accepting the UK is than even a few years ago were entirely correct. 

That's what I have been saying all along. We are getting more and more Woke every year, it won't be long before the traditional gammon type attitudes will be confined to a few old codgers moaning into their Daily Mails in care homes.

It's called progress, glad you agree its a fantastic thing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aintforever said:

That's what I have been saying all along. We are getting more and more Woke every year, it won't be long before the traditional gammon type attitudes will be confined to a few old codgers moaning into their Daily Mails in care homes.

I suspect you already know that's not what woke means. But good to know that we agree that far from what some like to claim we aren't getting more and more hateful and are in fact one of the most tolerant countries in the world. 

28 minutes ago, aintforever said:

It is fantastic, but it's not being more Woke though. It wont be long before all the fuckwits screaming about how everyone and everything is racist is confined to a few old codgers that never seen black people in the middle class white villages and a few gutless cheerleaders who still applauded from the sidelines every single cause there is even though it's not needed and probably doing more harm than good.

Edited by Turkish

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I suspect you already know that's not what woke means. But good to know that we agree that far from what some like to claim we aren't getting more and more hateful and are in fact one of the most tolerant countries in the world. 

dont bank on it

15 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Woke means to be alert to injustice in society, especially racism. being more tolerant and accepting is pretty much the same thing.

If you were sent back a few decades you would be super woke. It's all good.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Woke means to be alert to injustice in society, especially racism. being more tolerant and accepting is pretty much the same thing.

If you were sent back a few decades you would be super woke. It's all good.

Untrue. Time to open your mind and educate yourself: 

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

What aintforever posted is the dictionary definition. I’ve no doubt what you’ve posted is a viable definition too. Interesting to see a modern word change meaning so quickly. I first became aware of it in Childish Gambino’s “Awaken My Love” album, then later that year it was used in Jordan Peele’s “Get Out,” which is a very racially charged and angry film, that reflects the African American origins of the word. 

4 minutes ago, percy windham said:

What aintforever posted is the dictionary definition. I’ve no doubt what you’ve posted is a viable definition too. Interesting to see a modern word change meaning so quickly. I first became aware of it in Childish Gambino’s “Awaken My Love” album, then later that year it was used in Jordan Peele’s “Get Out,” which is a very racially charged and angry film, that reflects the African American origins of the word. 

I could quite you the dictionary definition of a woman and some people believe that doesn't mean adult human female and some people believe racism is prejudice plus power. 

7 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I could quite you the dictionary definition of a woman and some people believe that doesn't mean adult human female and some people believe racism is prejudice plus power. 

You could, yes. Which only backs up what I said in the post about the malleability of words - and the speed in which “woke” has been co-opted/changed etc. Notice that in the post I also say yours is a viable definition. 

Edited by percy windham

3 minutes ago, percy windham said:

You could, yes. Which only backs up what I said in the post about the malleability of words - and the speed in which “woke” has been co-opted/changed etc. Notice that in the post I also say yours is a viable definition. 

My point is that it isn't some benign definition the way aintforever claims. It's used in all manner of insidious things so to pretend it's just what aintforever posted is dishonest. 

13 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

My point is that it isn't some benign definition the way aintforever claims. It's used in all manner of insidious things so to pretend it's just what aintforever posted is dishonest. 

I’m unsure if you’re still arguing with aintforever here or me, but I agree with you - as I have said. It has many meanings And has changed quickly for such a modern word. It’s interesting to plot its use from its African American origins, using Get Out as a guide. I’m unsure if you’ve seen it so I’ll briefly go through it. There it meant the African American lead character staying alert to racism against him, which turned out to be from people who we might now describe as performative and virtue signalling about how much they love black people. Now, we might describe these people as “woke”. In the context of the film, and when it was made, the lead African-American character is ‘woke.’ 

Edited by percy windham

5 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Words obviously carry connotations and mean different things to different people and but essentially that definition is not wrong, wether you agree with what is done in its name or not.

My point about us being more and more woke is also correct, we are way more alert to social injustice now that we were 20, 30 or 40 years ago.

When my Mum went to school we were castrating war heroes for being gay. When I went to school being gay was seen as negative, abnormal or something to poke fun at. To my daughter’s generation being gay is as normal as fish and chips on a Friday. Similar progress has been made in racism, when I was a kid football players were having bananas thrown at them, today players take the knee and are applauded by all four stands.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

Words obviously carry connotations and mean different things to different people and but essentially that definition is not wrong, wether you agree with what is done in its name or not.

My point about us being more and more woke is also correct, we are way more alert to social injustice now that we were 20, 30 or 40 years ago.

When my Mum went to school we were castrating war heroes for being gay. When I went to school being gay was seen as negative, abnormal or something to poke fun at. To my daughter’s generation being gay is as normal as fish and chips on a Friday. Similar progress has been made in racism, when I was a kid football players were having bananas thrown at them, today players take the knee and are applauded by all four stands.

That’s how we need to look at things. It is all relative. Things are getting more woke, as you say people (the minority) are booing taking the knee, but they are not throwing bananas on the pitch. The mindset has shifted big time and this is a good thing. But people should not be called racist for booing, as they are not doing anything racist. If booing the knee is as bad as it gets then great, we are moving forward. 

Oh and fish and chips on a Friday. I get an Indian take away every week and get this the bloke who owns the place is my mate 😂 

On 10/08/2021 at 11:38, hypochondriac said:

"unaffected white people". Goodness me the way these people talk is insane. Critical race theory is like a woke religion. 

Soggy is an unaffected white person, he doesn’t ever see anyone who isn’t white!