Southampton FC Women

Dr Who?

6 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

2-1 up now, another good move and header against admittedly poor keeping. 

I'll post on my own, i'll post on my ownnn...

Whereabouts are you watching it? I could only see audio commentary via the saints website. 

2-2 at the break. We had chances, but look a little tired against Palace. They are a little sharper, get forward in numbers and we're struggling to get a spell of control. We're just about getting it clear. But it's more where it goes that determines if we're doing anything with it.

It didn't lead to a goal, or even a chance but Palace's Hopcroft nearly made a lovely through ball for a great chance.

7 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

We finished very strongly. Clever subs really helped, but we looked to have more in the tank towards the end, and that could have been more. The worked hard, had to come back from losing a lead twice away from home at a decent team towards the top.

She does feel like a tactically savvy manager, I know she's highly rated by those that have worked with her.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2023 at 17:44, Saint_clark said:

Promotion possibly a season too soon for the girls. In the women's game generally you can only afford to drop points in 3 or 4 games if you're going for promotion.

All the teams have dropped points in at least 4 games so far (Saints on equal least).

Erin Bloomfield signs for Bournemouth.

Bloomfield signed for Saints in October 2019 and had scored 12 goals in just ten games when the season was abandoned due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Bloomfield then spent three years studying in the United States, turning out for Troy University, in this spell Bloomfield stood out in a struggling team, earning 'Sun Belt's Offensive Player of the Week' in her second season. Following a return to English football Bloomfield, again signed for Southampton, netting 3 in 7 games. 

Edited by Master Bates

5 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

I'll post on my own, i'll post on my ownnn...

Sorry mush, I was playing, on a soggy Southampton rec pitch with tufts of grass that a cattle farmer would look on with avarice, a fine sea fret and a cross wind that a tea clipper skipper would have exploited for a record passage.. Plus I pay subs for the privilege! LOL

55 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Continental Cup tomorrow (League Cup) at St Mary's tomorrow with more than 10k tickets sold apparently. £5 for adults, with no ticket tax, which swayed me to go along. Just be aware of the early kick-off for an evening match at 18:30.

I'm working which is annoying, would have loved to head up for that. Is it being shown anywhere?

4 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Continental Cup tomorrow (League Cup) at St Mary's tomorrow with more than 10k tickets sold apparently. £5 for adults, with no ticket tax, which swayed me to go along. Just be aware of the early kick-off for an evening match at 18:30.

Would've been bang up for this, but that kick off time kills any chance.

Seems they've marketed it as a 'family friendly' time; even just half an hour later and I might have been able to get down.

21 minutes ago, Streaky said:

Doesn't go to pens anyway 🙄

Yes it does if tied at full time.

Winners get 2pts, 1 for the draw, 1 for the penalty win and the other team get 1pt for the draw.

That's why we have 5pts from a win and a draw.

Screenshot_20231123-210307_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Master Bates
  • Like 3