Southampton FC Women

Dr Who?

8 minutes ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Hopefully we take confidence from the performance against Arsenal in the league cup. With the right setup, we can trouble them for sure

For some reason I thought we ended up losing that game 4-1, forgot they only narrowly beat us in the last minute. Maybe we'll do ok.

I only live a stone's throw from Bramall Lane so I'm taking my 9yo daughter to watch our game there tomorrow. I see there's an outside chance of going top if we win and other results go our way.

I'm trying to look up the teams' relative recent form, but it's evidently hard to find info about the women's championship outside of the clubs' OSs. And we've only played 3 league games in the last 2 months anyway.

Looking forward to it though. Anybody who watches regularly got any thoughts on chances/prediction for the game?

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I only live a stone's throw from Bramall Lane so I'm taking my 9yo daughter to watch our game there tomorrow. I see there's an outside chance of going top if we win and other results go our way.

I'm trying to look up the teams' relative recent form, but it's evidently hard to find info about the women's championship outside of the clubs' OSs. And we've only played 3 league games in the last 2 months anyway.

Looking forward to it though. Anybody who watches regularly got any thoughts on chances/prediction for the game?

Google Womens Championship, tables, results and fixtures available on many sites, including the FA, Sky, BBC. Not sure about form but more tables available here for instance

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/womens-championship/league-table/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I hope your daughter enjoys the game.

50 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

2nd in the league now unless Charlton or Palace can find a late winner.

Charlton got the late winner, but still have promotion in our hands. Don’t think we will quite have enough and with the juggernaut that is Newcastle on their way up, it could be a couple of years unless we do it this season. 

19 hours ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Shame to see that the next FA cup round is at Silverlake Stadium instead of St Marys. 

We had 14,000 for the Arsenal game, I would think we'll easily sell out Eastleigh

Probably to do with the fact it's being played the day after a mens home game. I'd imagine there's some kind of recovery/repair routine that begins immediately after the game which would be ballsed up by another game being played on the sunday. 

25 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Crystal Palace's goal difference suggests this will be tough.

Araya Dennis is on loan there from Arsenal I think, she's looked quality every time I've seen her play. Still young so will probably go back to Arsenal and make it there.