Southampton FC Women

Dr Who?

50 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Saints kick off against United in the FA cup at 14:00, big big test for them today. Be amazing to see them get to the final. 

Can't get FA Player working again, unsurprisingly. One of the worst services out there, honestly. 

Might be a blessing in disguise that I couldn't get it working, United 1 up 8 minutes in.

52 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Saints kick off against United in the FA cup at 14:00, big big test for them today. Be amazing to see them get to the final. 

Can't get FA Player working again, unsurprisingly. One of the worst services out there, honestly. 

FA Player is shit

14 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

1-3 but that hides just how well we played. We’ll be going away from this feeling like we’ve been mugged, especially after that second half.

Same as the Arsenal league cup game then. I think there's absolutely a bias towards the big clubs in the womens game from the FA since they're the big draws at the moment. Southampton vs Bristol City cup final isn't quite as marketable as United v City.

4 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

It wouldn't let me sign in either, just kept sending me back to the login screen and wouldn't let me log in as a guest. Really annoying.

Saints away to Birmingham today. Sunderland currently losing at home to Lewes - if that stays the same we can go above them today with a win. 

Can technically go top today with a win, Charlton don't play and we have the same goal difference as them.

Well it's all gone tits up. 

Sunderland came back to win late on, Saints losing and Palace 1 up as well.

Honestly something a little iffy about Sunderland getting two goals in two minutes right at the end of injury time. 

Edited by Saint_clark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beat Reading 5-0 today!  It was live on FA Player.  I only watched half of the first half but we looked great going forward, albeit Reading were equally inept defensively 

• Like 4

That makes it 6 points from last 5 games... This was a game we really should've been winning. 

Still, 4 points off top with a game in hand shows we're not out of it, but got to put a great run together now (sounds remarkably similar to the men's team ATM!)

1 hour ago, Barsiem said:

That makes it 6 points from last 5 games... This was a game we really should've been winning. 

Still, 4 points off top with a game in hand shows we're not out of it, but got to put a great run together now (sounds remarkably similar to the men's team ATM!)

Actually Saints have played 19 and some others have played 18. For example Crystal Palace have played 18 and have 3 more points than Saints. And there are only 22 matches in the season.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Picard said:

Actually Saints have played 19 and some others have played 18. For example Crystal Palace have played 18 and have 3 more points than Saints. And there are only 22 matches in the season.

Thanks for clarifying.  Table I looked at had saints on 18 games still...  Ah well maybe next year.  

• Like 1