Super Cold

spyinthesky

Wonder if anyone on here is suffering?

Seems like I am and it is not a pleasant experience.

We have all had colds, some heavy, at some stage in our lives but I have never experienced anything like my current affliction.

Constant hacking cough bringing up loads of mucous, sore throat, really runny nose, with obligatory mucous, constant background headache, tiredness etc etc.

All this over the past 8 days and no sign of abating.

Made me realise how much picking up such an infection could adversely affect performance levels, although Premiership players should be more capable to fight off the illness than us old geezers.

54 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

Interesting,

How long did it last and did you suffer from a hacking cough plus loads of mucous.

about a week, really bunged up, eyes running, fatigue, in fact it was exactly the as when i had covid in August and lasted the same amount of time but i felt a bit worse with this. No cough though.

Been off the last two days with it; the missus, me our four year old and now our 3 month old. 

GF's temperature shot up to 39.2 two nights ago, worst thing is I feel like I've been hit by a truck one minute and then okay the next. 

Spent a small fortune on decongestants, vapour rub and the usual crap. 

Testing negative for COVID too. All a bit shit really. 

5 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

Wonder if anyone on here is suffering?

Seems like I am and it is not a pleasant experience.

We have all had colds, some heavy, at some stage in our lives but I have never experienced anything like my current affliction.

Constant hacking cough bringing up loads of mucous, sore throat, really runny nose, with obligatory mucous, constant background headache, tiredness etc etc.

All this over the past 8 days and no sign of abating.

Made me realise how much picking up such an infection could adversely affect performance levels, although Premiership players should be more capable to fight off the illness than us old geezers.

Could be AIDS?

2 hours ago, Monk said:

Been off the last two days with it; the missus, me our four year old and now our 3 month old. 

GF's temperature shot up to 39.2 two nights ago, worst thing is I feel like I've been hit by a truck one minute and then okay the next. 

Spent a small fortune on decongestants, vapour rub and the usual crap. 

Testing negative for COVID too. All a bit shit really. 

Your wife and girlfriend have it, you must be the carrier.

2 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

Has anyone wondered or considered this super cold is a direct result of the vaccine? Happens alot this kind of thing. Over medicate, create s new super bug.

Me and my wife were talking about this last night. Everyone I know who's had it bad has been double vaccinated with the Oxford vaccine. My wife has had it since we were at the iow festival, it disappeared for a week or so, but has bounced back with a vengeance. Weird stuff. 

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Is this super cold you all talk off keeping you off work?

No, jobs still need doing and deadlines need meeting, but those inclined to put their feet up and still get paid could fill their boots. 

2 hours ago, egg said:

Me and my wife were talking about this last night. Everyone I know who's had it bad has been double vaccinated with the Oxford vaccine. My wife has had it since we were at the iow festival, it disappeared for a week or so, but has bounced back with a vengeance. Weird stuff. 

But plenty of people who are double vaccinated have not had this cold. Given that so many the population have been fully vaccinated you might expect that more of those who suffer from this cold would have been vaccinated than not.  Correlation is not causation. You would need a lot more information before coming to any conclusions.

12 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

Being that these are totally new and different to normal vaccines, how can we be so sure?

How can we be sure the vaccines don't make you grow an extra head, change sex and sing Waltzing Matilda after five years? What you're saying has no basis in any science, it's just random speculation. Vaccines train our immuse system to recognise spike proteins, they have nothing at all to do with super bacteria being resistant to antibiotics. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SalmonSi said:

I am sorry but as much as you think what I say has no basis in science, neither does your statement

Yes it does. Vaccines train our immune system to identify the spike proteins of coronavirus and trigger an immune response. That’s the proven science of how they work and has nothing to do with super-resistant bacteria.

8 hours ago, whelk said:

Is this super cold you all talk off keeping you off work?

Interesting question.
Fortunately I can work from home but even then have postponed Zoom meets at the moment as it is embarrassing to have to continually stop to bring up a load of mucous and the hacking cough is not too clever to listen to.
I very much doubt if I would be fit to work in any front facing job, a phone related job, hospitality, driving (as I am regularly sneezing) and anything that required physical exertion.
Like most people, I have previously had 'Heavy' Colds' which have lasted perhaps 3-4 days and have been able to work through them.
This 'Cold' is on a different level and, according to my GP, could last 2-4 weeks!!
I feel utmost sympathy for anyone in a similar situation who doesnt have the opportunity to work from home.
One annoying thing is I have failed my fitness test for the Villa game.

Edited by spyinthesky

7 hours ago, egg said:

No, jobs still need doing and deadlines need meeting, but those inclined to put their feet up and still get paid could fill their boots. 

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

No because i am warrior

That's why we need lockdowns, as people don't otherwise worry about infecting others.

16 minutes ago, Picard said:

That's why we need lockdowns, as people don't otherwise worry about infecting others.

I don't have covid!! Are you seriously saying that we should lockdown because there's a nasty cold going around?! 

It’s pretty simple. Our immune systems function by being continually topped up by regular small dose exposures to virus particles and bacteria. The sheltering and other protective measures people have taken against covid have reduced exposure and consequently reduced immunity against a whole host of person to person infections.

It’s a milder version of the way South American Indians were wiped out by common diseases brought over from Europe 

Edited by buctootim

On 07/11/2021 at 11:51, Lighthouse said:

I wanted to ignore that, based purely on the words in the hyperlink but against my better judgement I clicked on it.

Im glad I did. The vaccine kills 15% of people and gives you AIDS. Wonderful. 

The previous forum nutcase was banging on about 15% of the population being exterminated back in the summer, so this guy is way behind the curve. 

I remember discussing this insight at the time. Nutcase said 15% dead in a year, it's the government plan, wait and see you'll see I'm right. Etc. 

It basically means ten million people dropping dead in a single year in this country. Just the 200,000 people a week, every week for a year. A city the size of Reading dying again and again and again.

It's pretty weird that this massacre hasn't started yet: I mean I had my vaccine in like June so by rights I should be dead by now, surely? 

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

On 07/11/2021 at 11:18, SalmonSi said:

https://theexpose.uk/2021/11/06/uk-gov-lying-and-hiding-the-fact-covid-19-vaccinated-are-developing-ade/

Wasting my time I know. But perhapas you will read it and learn a little more about the difference in this VACCINE. 

The fact that the author of this article chooses to remain anonymous should tell you all you need to know about its credibility.

It's a load of speculative, conspiracist horseshit that displays a fundamental misunderstanding of how Covid vaccines work.

What on earth has any of this got to do with people getting a nasty cold?

(clue... nothing).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For those who  think vaccines are without problems have a look at the Dingue vaccine.

Wiki Dingue vaccine

Evidence indicates that CYD-TDV is partially effective in preventing infection, but may lead to a higher risk of severe disease in those who have not been previously infected and then do go on to contract the disease. It is not clear why the vaccinated seronegative population have more serious adverse outcomes.