Brighton 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

Pamplemousse

32 minutes ago, captainchris said:

Well let’s start with Ballard and let’s think about our worst player or if you disagree one of our very worst at best and the teachers pet Moi…. 
On what planet does Moi get picked ahead of Stuart Armstrong…. Or anybody come to that…

At least one of the good kids should start. The problem with Keeping Selles on is that he will persist with crackpot team selections and want to do things he thinks will enhance his own reputation rather than planning for next season when he will not be here.

Ultimately this all comes from the top though and it is effectively Ankerson picking the team… 

None of use have any idea how good Ballard (or Doyle) is. He could very easily be the new Vokins, Hesketh or Gallagher, so I’m not going to call Selles out for that.

Moi or Stu…. Meh. Like I said, the players on the bench have all been dreadful for 95% of the season, Stu included. I can’t say I’m in anyway upset about a decision like that; the fact that nobody is able to make a case for being an obvious choice, ahead of a player as bad as Moi, says a lot about all of them.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brighton vs Saints - Match Thread
1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

None of use have any idea how good Ballard (or Doyle) is. He could very easily be the new Vokins, Hesketh or Gallagher, so I’m not going to call Selles out for that.

Moi or Stu…. Meh. Like I said, the players on the bench have all been dreadful for 95% of the season, Stu included. I can’t say I’m in anyway upset about a decision like that; the fact that nobody is able to make a case for being an obvious choice, ahead of a player as bad as Moi, says a lot about all of them.

Maybe re. Ballard and Doyle, but we're never going to know if they are not tried.  COuld they be any worse than the w****rs Eli or Aribo?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, washsaint said:

Maybe re. Ballard and Doyle, but we're never going to know if they are not tried.  COuld they be any worse than the w****rs Eli or Aribo?

Yes. In 2008 a lot of people said Wright, Makin, Euell, Saganowski etc. are useless, the kids can’t possibly be worse, play them instead. The following season we did and got relegated, because they were worse.

They’ll get tried when they’re ready, which will be next season, in a worse league, with a new team, manager and hopefully a more positive environment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Good chance there. Wrong option taken in the end by Theo. You could see what he was trying, but Alcaraz blazed it.

Wonder if he looked at the two options and thought 'one of these two can score goals and the other one is Aribo'...

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brighton 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic