Brighton 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

Pamplemousse

4 minutes ago, Saint WGC said:

I’ve had £3.50 on us to win from behind at 60/1, now Brighton have scored, that means……I lose £3.50 😪. No chance of this gutless shower even scoring one let alone however many we need to win!

Next time you want to spunk away £3.50 on something, I suggest you have a flutter on something more likely to happen like, hmm, Christ's next resurrection or me getting a blowy from Megan Fox. 😁

• Haha 3

Lovely goal. But boy, did we mess it up. I was just typing away about the rawness of Alcaraz results in ruining attacks by sloppy passing. Then Lavia is brushed aside and we can;t get back quickly enough to prevent a really good ball, and haven;t tracked the scorer, because we'd all moved up field.

Incredibly sloppy, and a clear example of where wer'e tactically naive. We don;t comit numbers when we're in a good attack. We are sloppy in passing, and our coaches never compensate for those risks, and we are absolute suckers on the counter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

Next time you want to spunk away £3.50 on something, I suggest you have a flutter on something more likely to happen like, hmm, Christ's next resurrection or me getting a blowy from Megan Fox. 😁

She was ok, but I’m glad she was paying me, otherwise not really worth the effort 

• Haha 1

Just now, davefizzy14 said:

Same old tactics from Selles. Not playing with an out and out striker. Chopping and changing again. Why?

There has been lots of shots of him passing on information to the players during the game. Showing them a tablet etc. And the end result has been we've actually become worse... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Scored in a European final 12 months ago. Maybe it's a Saints problem...

Quite probably. Doesn’t change the fact that currently he shouldn’t be anywhere near a football pitch. 
Regardless of who your employer is, in any job, there’s no excuse to not at least pretend to try. 

Just now, davefizzy14 said:

Same old tactics from Selles. Not playing with an out and out striker. Chopping and changing again. Why? 

Because he's an idiot who's been around the block 'coaching' getting nowhere, and thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

Just now, BotleySaint said:

There has been lots of shots of him passing on information to the players during the game. Showing them a tablet etc. And the end result has been we've actually become worse... 

Show them the tablet. Look lads, I got Darlington into Europe with these tactics, what is wrong with you?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

I do the bet on both teams each week, funnily enough it comes in much more often the other way around!!  Also on Brighton to score over 3, 4, 5 and 6 goals which is probably more realistic!!  Most sensible bets were on us to get relegated and finish bottom, not great prices unfortunately. Next season is going to be fun if we don’t get rid of at least the majority of this squad.  Credit to all the fans who have gone today.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brighton 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic