Brighton 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

Pamplemousse

8 minutes ago, Viking Saint said:

Wonder if he looked at the two options and thought 'one of these two can score goals and the other one is Aribo'...

18 in 92 for Rangers and she's not a striker, although had to play up front a fair bit. So, he's got as much chance, if nto more, than our usual band of bottlers.

Just now, Boris Karloff said:

Really, what is the point in playing McCarthy? Last week he dived out of the way of Mitro's header. This week he lets Ferguson's shot straight through him. 

I know Bazanu wasn't great but he was nowhere near this bad. 

He is, I’d rather see Willy

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

18 in 92 for Rangers and she's not a striker, although had to play up front a fair bit. So, he's got as much chance, if nto more, than our usual band of bottlers.

Aribo had worse numbers in Scotland than Elyounoussi. Let that sink in. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Bednerak is right up there with Titus Bramble as one of the worst ever PL CB's.

McCarthy is the worst goalkeeper in the league. He'll be the worst in the Championship next season too as we're going to be stuck with him, aren't we? Absolutely no chance of promotion with him in goal.

Edited by Nordic Saint
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Lynaco doing the 'turn away and put your hands behind your back' thing. Whatever happened to the days where defenders actually try and block.those sort of shots...?

Not part of the manual. Don't commit. Control the space. FOrce them into making an error.

Or as we do, take up a space regardless of the threat/ position, allow shots to go in and hope our 'keepers are up to it, or they blaze over.

Just another reason why RalphBall2.0 and SellesBall go wrong. Drop back to hold and break, allows a lot of very good finishers to have chances with a lighter ball at closer ranges.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint WGC said:

I’ve had £3.50 on us to win from behind at 60/1, now Brighton have scored, that means……I lose £3.50 😪. No chance of this gutless shower even scoring one let alone however many we need to win!

Surely you needed Brighton to score first to win that bet. 

• Like 1

Selles puts me in mind of a bright thing who’s just got his MBA, who  is pretty sure he knows “everything”,then some visionary has seen fit to put him in charge of a PLC. I’m sure Selles is dumbfounded why nothing he tries ever works.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brighton 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic