Brighton 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

Pamplemousse

46 minutes ago, fanimal said:

They play Newcastle Thursday evening so will be knackered against us on Sunday easy win

Not sure it matters, they could put a team of exhausted OAP's out and they'd still turn us over without breaking sweat.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We will lose. The score matters not a jot. Our lot will be sauntering around with no care about the club they’re about to leave or the manager about to be shown the door. I don’t know whether I can stand to watch it, although there’s some macabre part of me that lives in hope that somehow, something clicks and we win a game of football.

13 hours ago, LaptopSaint said:

Might have been posted on another thread, but this is genius from David Squires on Saints this season

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2023/may/16/david-squires-on-the-travails-of-arsenal-southampton-and-jordan-pickford

Bobson Dugnutt looks like exactly the kind of player our midfield has been missing since Romeu left...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, david in sweden said:

Now that we have officially been relegated............isn't this the point in time where we start to play like Brazil and turn over Brighton

and then Liverpool will never forgive us if they don't get all 3 points ......and fail to get that last CL spot ......

We previous for denying Liverpool a Champions League slot with a last game of the season 0-0 at Anfield in May 2000. They finished 4th, 2 points behind 3rd placed Leeds who went into the Champions League instead.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Victor said:

Poll:

I have been bought tickets for the match for my birthday.  Do I say 'Thankyou'.

I'm going to use one of my daily three posts to say that I just read that and inelegantly snorted with laughter..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cabrone said:

Bring in the kids, good chance to take a look at them as we prepare for a tough championship campaign.

Keep the kids as far away from this poisonous bunch of cunts as possible. 

Take a look at them pre-season, don’t destroy their confidence now. 

• Like 2

Doubt Adams will play bearing in mind his fitness issues. No point risking that now. Based on Brighton playing high up I suspect Alacarez and Sulemana as a front two will be back in an attempt to break quickly when we get it. 

On 17/05/2023 at 18:09, Victor said:

Poll:

I have been bought tickets for the match for my birthday.  Do I say 'Thankyou'.

We're relegated, the usual moment teams start showing form. We'll probably win this handsomely and you'll be delighted. 

Hell if we win our last two games by a big margin, we could even catch 19th place Leicester. 😁

Looking to next season....

Bazunu

Bree   Bednarek   DCC    KWP

Lavia    JWP

Sulemana    Alcaraz       Stu

Mara

Selles has likely been told hes being binned off so hes unlikely to pick a team like this. We will still see Walcott, Moi and AMN ffs!!

1 hour ago, woodsaint1 said:

Looking to next season....

Bazunu

Bree   Bednarek   DCC    KWP

Lavia    JWP

Sulemana    Alcaraz       Stu

Mara

Selles has likely been told hes being binned off so hes unlikely to pick a team like this. We will still see Walcott, Moi and AMN ffs!!

In what way? At least three of those players wont be here next season and neither will the manager. I really don't see why you'd be annoyed, even if those three did play. They're all more likely to be here than KWP, JWP or Lavia.

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

In what way? At least three of those players wont be here next season and neither will the manager. I really don't see why you'd be annoyed, even if those three did play. They're all more likely to be here than KWP, JWP or Lavia.

How do you work that out - Walcott and Moi are both out of contract and I'd be flabbergasted if AMN signed after his loan.

I appreciate that JWP, Lavia and KWP are unlikely to be here, but we dont have any other options in those positions with the injuries to Perraud, Larios and Diallo being dogshit. The rest of the lineup is a nod to next season

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I haven't seen enough from Larios to call him "dogshit." I would like to see him given another opportunity. He has too good of a pedigree by coming through Man City and being a young Spanish international. Unless I missed something...

Edited by St. Ciervo
  • Like 3

We have nothing to play for so it’s the perfect chance to give a few youngsters a chance. Payne, Doyle and Ballard need to be given a chance, either starting or 20-30 mins off the bench. 

Those we won’t be here next season have no purpose now, Moi, AMN and Walcott can be benched/given the weekend off. 

Walcott deserves to be given the send off next week but not so the others.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

How do you work that out - Walcott and Moi are both out of contract and I'd be flabbergasted if AMN signed after his loan.

I appreciate that JWP, Lavia and KWP are unlikely to be here, but we dont have any other options in those positions with the injuries to Perraud, Larios and Diallo being dogshit. The rest of the lineup is a nod to next season

Because they’re Championship level players and the others aren’t. If I had to bet my own money, I’d say there was more chance of those three signing a new deal than JWP, Lavia and KWP sticking around.

Nothing we do in the last two games will be of any relevance to next season. In much the same way as the teams Wotte put out with Saeijs, Skacel and DMG had no bearing on Pardew’s team.

Just to put the cherry on top of a shite season.. we will win this game and lose the next allowing Spurs and Liverpool to stroll into Europe.

Our season is done so hopefully our remaining games can screw one of those two up. I would be happy to lose this one and turn up with a surprise win against Liverpool.

9 hours ago, St. Ciervo said:

I haven't seen enough from Larios to call him "dogshit." I would like to see him given another opportunity. He has too good of a pedigree by coming through Man City and being a young Spanish international. Unless I missed something...

I didn't say he was dogshit, I said Diallo was

• Like 1

If we are to be brutally frank, it doesn't matter a fishes tit whether we win, lose or draw at Brighton or against the Scousers, it'll be totally meaningless. The sooner this miserable season is wound up and filed under Trash the better. What masochistic pleasure one will derive from travelling to Brighton to watch this bunch of cretins making complete arses of themselves is beyond me.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, warsash saint said:

For us saddos going on Sunday, how is everyone getting there?  Trains f**ked as usual!

For train go via Clapham Junction (depending where you're travelling from) 

4 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

You did, you said Larios and Diallo were DS

"with the injuries to Perraud, Larios and Diallo being dogshit"

If I had've put 'and' after the comma you might have had a case. Plus Larios is currently injured as I said

Good effort though. Determined to be the forum pedant now MLG is gone 👍🏻

The fixture computer knows his stuff. Got here last night & it’s the  Brighton Fringe comedy event. There’s loads of comedy acts on different stages around the town. Some pink haired bloke gave me & snap dragon a leaflet to see 69 comedy sketches in an hour. “It’ll be the funniest thing you’ll see in Brighton this weekend” he enthusiastically told me. “I guarantee it fucking won’t be” was my reply. 

• Haha 4

Suspect Russell Martin will be here in Brighton tomorrow, not least as his academy is based in Brighton. Wonder if he’ll be at the ground. And wonder if the players who have clearly already been sold will play or that their new clubs insist not lest they get injured. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Wonder if big Russ will be in the crowd tomorrow. He’s from Brighton so may be an old member of their ultras, the Fudge Express. 

The fudge express? Is that really the best you can come up with in 2023? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Have you ever visited the Fudge Lanes in Brighton, prior to 2023? Not all of us on here have juveline filthy minds like you! 

Lived here for 15 years and never heard of that

On 18/05/2023 at 21:42, saint lard said:

I’ll be brutally honest…I couldn’t give a toss about any Premier league games for the rest of the season. 
be it us or anybody else. 🤷🏻‍♂️

im just pissed off that Everton will probably survive AGAIN......................SHIT HEADS.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brighton 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic