Israel

egg

1 minute ago, whelk said:

It is comical how simply he sees things. Same on terrorism thread. Completely wet  reasoning and clear he always thinks he is on the moral high ground

Soggy = good, wholesome, top of the ivory tower.

Everyone who doesn't agree with Soggy = right wing scum.

It's very simplistic, but not surprising.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, whelk said:

It’s genocide if you don’t know the meaning of the word

It's genocide when it happens. It hasn't yet, but make Gaza completely uninhabitable/unsafe, herd the people to the border and across, give them nothing to come back to, and I'm not sure what else you'd call it. A free permanent holiday in Sinai perhaps? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Another question. Assuming we all agree that Jewish Israelis have every right to live in peace and security in Israel, 

Another question.

Are 26% of the Israeli population that aren’t Jewish  entitled to live in peace & security, or is it just the jews?

Another question. 

Why do you automatically assume anyone Israeli is Jewish. Isn’t that a bit like assuming a non white minister is an immigrant? 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

16 minutes ago, egg said:

It's genocide when it happens. It hasn't yet, but make Gaza completely uninhabitable/unsafe, herd the people to the border and across, give them nothing to come back to, and I'm not sure what else you'd call it. A free permanent holiday in Sinai perhaps? 

It appears to be ethnic cleansing.  Egypt didn't want to open up the border, they forsaw that this could be the plan, either Israels plan all along or as mission creep.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

It appears to be ethnic cleansing.  Egypt didn't want to open up the border, they forsaw that this could be the plan, either Israels plan all along or as mission creep.

Which begs the question, why not?

As a signatory of the 1951 refugee charter, aren't they obliged to accept refugees?

59 minutes ago, whelk said:

It is comical how simply he sees things. Same on terrorism thread. Completely wet  reasoning and clear he always thinks he is on the moral high ground

Seen this type many times before. The moral high ground of a blinkered, deluded middle class older people who spent their entire lives living in white middle class areas looking down their nose at the rest of the world piously telling everyone else what they should do, how things need to change and how terrible the world is whilst living in their very own little smug bubble miles away from it all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Everything on this place is utterly irrelevant

So is whinging about losing football matches or playing out from the back, but people spend hours doing that too. Perhaps we should do away with all social media as it is pretty much all utterly irrelevant ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whelk said:

I reckon it's an act. I think he's retired and lonely and likes a bit of jousting on here. It's why he moans about being bullied and putting everyone on ignore but keeps responding to people who disagree with him. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

They fear that the small minority of fanatics that would be found in the mass of refugees would boost the insurgency that is already underway in northern Sinai.

Also  I guess they don't want millions of people stranded on their side of the boarder, and don't want to make it an easy job for the Israelis.

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

I reckon it's an act. I think he's retired and lonely and likes a bit of jousting on here. It's why he moans about being bullied and putting everyone on ignore but keeps responding to people who disagree with him. 

Mods, when are we getting a yawn reaction emoji thingy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Also  I guess they don't want millions of people stranded on their side of the boarder, and don't want to make it an easy job for the Israelis.

Ah right, maybe we should send every refugee back who are here in the UM, you know, to not make it easy for the oppressor?

33 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

What section was that in the 1951 refugee charter?

Is it just Egypt that has that get out clause or does it relate to everyone that signed it?

Why wouldn't they want millions of innocent, oppressed people in mortal danger?

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

What section was that in the 1951 refugee charter?

Is it just Egypt that has that get out clause or does it relate to everyone that signed it?

Why wouldn't they want millions of innocent, oppressed people in mortal danger?

I'm not saying I'm right, do your own analysis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Hallelujah. Its nice to see from Turkish's reaction to this post that the penny has finally dropped and he realises that SOG is posting to wind people up. He refused to believe that for several months. 😁😁

Edited by Tamesaint
  • Haha 1

This is an interesting article.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/17/gaza-invasion-israel-west-crisis

I had forgotten how many unsavoury regimes various Israeli governments have supported over the years.

And if I am lonely, what does that make the people who spend all day on here looking for an argument? You spend far more time here than I do hypo so I am guessing you have nothing better to do with your time?

I post opinions. No one holds a gun to your head and forces you to “joust” with me. It’s telling that the only people who “joust” are always the same old posters that would find others to argue with even if I didn’t post here.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/17/gaza-invasion-israel-west-crisis

I had forgotten how many unsavoury regimes various Israeli governments have supported over the years.

And if I am lonely, what does that make the people who spend all day on here looking for an argument? You spend far more time here than I do hypo so I am guessing you have nothing better to do with your time?

I post opinions. No one holds a gun to your head and forces you to “joust” with me. It’s telling that the only people who “joust” are always the same old posters that would find others to argue with even if I didn’t post here.

I thought you had me on ignore? You mentioned it multiple times for over a year yet you keep looking at what I've posted. Bizarre behaviour. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Hallelujah. Its nice to see from Turkish's reaction to this post that the penny has finally dropped and he realises that SOG is posting to wind people up. He refused to believe that for several months. 😁😁

The greatest wind up merchant of all time. Was he winding us up when he told us about his trips To the priory or how he was arrested for domestic violence or his illustrious career as top filer at the CPS and Guardian? All part of the big joke, yes?

33 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The greatest wind up merchant of all time. Was he winding us up when he told us about his trips To the priory or how he was arrested for domestic violence or his illustrious career as top filer at the CPS and Guardian? All part of the big joke, yes?

No idea. You will have to ask him. It's nice to know though that you agree with Hypo and with me that he posts in order to joust and wind up you and the gruesome twosome. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

No idea. You will have to ask him. It's nice to know though that you agree with Hypo and with me that he posts in order to joust and wind up you and the gruesome twosome. 

He doesn’t post to wind me up, he’s got me on ignore. 😇

• Haha 1

I think the only attempt at a "wind up" going on is this slightly misguided routine.

I'm not sure that pretending the SOG doesn't really mean any of the stuff he writes, he's just making it all up to get a bite from particular posters, is the slam dunk win you think it is lads.

If you come out at say that to SOG in a single sentence - come off it, you don't really think that - you're very likely to get a 500 word lecture in return, probably mentioning Tommy Robinson. 

The sheer effort to churn out the verbiage/horseshit he comes out with makes it impossible for him to be the master puppet maker some are desperate for him to be. The supposed "wound up" half of the bargain are applying a tenth of the effort in contrast.

It's a cute little idea, but doesn't really hold up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

I think the only attempt at a "wind up" going on is this slightly misguided routine.

I'm not sure that pretending the SOG doesn't really mean any of the stuff he writes, he's just making it all up to get a bite from particular posters, is the slam dunk win you think it is lads.

If you come out at say that to SOG in a single sentence - come off it, you don't really think that - you're very likely to get a 500 word lecture in return, probably mentioning Tommy Robinson. 

The sheer effort to churn out the verbiage/horseshit he comes out with makes it impossible for him to be the master puppet maker some are desperate for him to be. The supposed "wound up" half of the bargain are applying a tenth of the effort in contrast.

It's a cute little idea, but doesn't really hold up.

So what you are saying is basically you want to kill all Muslims?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

????

Unless you have him on ignore he will be winding you up. 

So he’s posting to wind me up in his role as the greasiest wind up merchant ever, but doesn’t know if he’s winding me up or not as he can’t see my replies by his own choice. Yeah makes sense 

You haven’t thought this through have you. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So he’s posting to wind me up in his role as the greasiest wind up merchant ever, but doesn’t know if he’s winding me up or not as he can’t see my replies by his own choice. Yeah makes sense 

You haven’t thought this through have you. 

Come on now. You know and I know that he does not have you on ignore. You often point this out. 

Just man up and admit that you now agree with me that he enjoys the furore that he creates with you and the gruesome twosome. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Come on now. You know and I know that he does not have you on ignore. You often point this out. 

Just man up and admit that you now agree with me that he enjoys the furore that he creates with you and the gruesome twosome. 

So you’re saying he’s a liar then? 

49 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Stop wriggling. Stop deflecting. Just admit that you now agree that he is winding you lot up. 😁😁😁

As I’ve said before it might carry some weight if it weren’t for the fact that he’s spouting the shite over several other forums the fact he’s shared so much personal information with us and also as CB Fry so well put it, the sheer effort he goes to. This isn’t some puppet master wind up merchant brilliantly manipulating everyone, it’s a bitter old man desperate to use this place as a platform to show how virtuous he is. And thanks for confirming you also think he’s full of shit been saying it for years  👍

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

No need to go to so much trouble to explain, we all know how you feel about Israelis and Jews ;) 

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

It appears now that the IDF killed many innocents civilians themselves in the Hamas attack of 7th October.

https://new.thecradle.co/articles-id/13111

As for this very strange obsession that a small group of long standing posters on here develop for others, I just want to put this on record.

I do have the small group of usual suspects on my ignore list but as I have stated several times -

1. If you come onto the forum without logging on the ignore function does not work so all of the posts are visible.

2. If another poster quotes a post from someone on the ignore list, that post is visible in their quote so visible anyway if they are in your ignore list.

3. The ignore function gives you the option to view any post from posters on your ignore list if you decide you want to read that particular post. I have said many times that I do read some of the posts sometimes if  i want a better idea of why a thread goes where it does. That doesn’t mean that the individuals concerned are not on my ignore list.

I hope that makes sense and that I don’t need to repeat it yet again.

If I was going to make up stuff just to impress complete strangers on an internet football forum I would make up much more exciting stories. I don’t see the point of telling lies on forms, there are enough fantasists around as it is.

These are facts and all easily provable if I could be bothered.

I was arrested for allegedly assaulting my ex wife. The case was thrown out in court and even her brief admitted that the CPS should never have taken the case to court.

I started treatment at The Priory in Hayes, Kent in December 2013 and was referred there by the company doctor whilst working for The Spectator.

I was never a “top flier” at the Guardian or CPS and have never claimed to be so. I ended up in middle management jobs in both organisations. He is just making stuff up as he usually does.

My first job was with the then HM Customs & Excise. I then joined The Times for 5 years, then The Guardian/Observer for 22 years where I was made redundant and from there went to The Daily/Sunday Telegraph and The Spectator. I didn’t work for 3 years after my stint at The Spectator before joining the Crown Prosecution Service where my then partner, now wife, also worked. I left after deciding to take early retirement.

i do not post deliberately to wind up the usual suspects although occasionally do as they sometimes leave the door open for a bit of fun at their expense. It doesn’t seem unreasonable  as I have taken so much crap from them over the years.

The vast majority of my opinions fall in what they would call the left of centre/woke area and anyone posting anything against right wing dogma for this small group of posters is fair game.

There are one or two who will immediately reply so I guess they have some kind of notification that I have posted and you can guarantee, whatever I say, they will find fault with it. Usually I am on my own so it has made a pleasant change on this thread to have other people posting similar things although the usual suspects still hone in on my posts, bless ‘em.

I suppose I should be proud in some ways. I have always said if my posts wind up a certain type of poster I must be doing something right 🤔. People who support the likes of Farage, Johnson, Robinson, Hopkins,Trump, Patel, Braverman, etc and are xenophobes, misogynists, homophobic etc ( you get the picture) deserve to have their views called out. I am sure they are old enough and ugly enough to handle it. It does make me chuckle to be called “lonely” though when these people have nothing better to do with their lives than attack a complete stranger on social media. Just off to have lunch with friends 😉.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

It appears now that the IDF killed many innocents civilians themselves in the Hamas attack of 7th October.

As for this very strange obsession that a small group of long standing posters on here develop for others, I just want to put this on record.

I do have the small group of usual suspects on my ignore list but as I have stated several times -

1. If you come onto the forum without logging on the ignore function does not work so all of the posts are visible.

2. If another poster quotes a post from someone on the ignore list, that post is visible in their quote so visible anyway if they are in your ignore list.

3. The ignore function gives you the option to view any post from posters on your ignore list if you decide you want to read that particular post. I have said many times that I do read some of the posts sometimes if  i want a better idea of why a thread goes where it does. That doesn’t mean that the individuals concerned are not on my ignore list.

If I was going to make up stuff just to impress complete strangers on an internet football forum I would make up much more exciting stories. I don’t see the point of telling lies on forms, there are enough fantasists around as it is.

I was arrested for allegedly assaulting my ex wife. The case was thrown out in court and even her brief admitted that the CPS should never have taken the case to court.

I started treatment at The Priory in Hayes, Kent in December 2013 and was referred there by the company doctor whilst working for The Spectator.

I was never a “top flier” at the Guardian or CPS and have never claimed to be so. I ended up in middle management jobs in both organisations. He is just making stuff up as he usually does.

My first job was with the then HM Customs & Excise. I then joined The Times for 5 years, then The Guardian/Observer for 22 years where I was made redundant and from there went to The Daily/Sunday Telegraph and The Spectator. I didn’t work for 3 years after my stint at The Spectator before joining the Crown Prosecution Service where my then partner, now wife, also worked. I left after deciding to take early retirement.

i do not post deliberately to wind up the usual suspects although occasionally do as they sometimes leave the door open for a bit of fun at their expense. It doesn’t seem unreasonable  as I have taken so much crap from them over the years.

The vast majority of my opinions fall in what they would call the left of centre/woke area and anyone posting anything against right wing dogma for this small group of posters is fair game.

There are one or two who will immediately reply so I guess they have some kind of notification that I have posted and you can guarantee, whatever I say, they will find fault with it. Usually I am on my own so it has made a pleasant change on this thread to have other people posting similar things although the usual suspects still hone in on my posts, bless ‘em.

I suppose I should be proud in some ways. I have always said if my posts wind up a certain type of poster I must be doing something right 🤔. People who support the likes of Farage, Johnson, Robinson, Hopkins,Trump, Patel, Braverman, etc and are xenophobes, misogynists, homophobic etc ( you get the picture) deserve to have their views called out. I am sure they are old enough and ugly enough to handle it. It does make me chuckle to be called “lonely” though when these people have nothing better to do with their lives than attack a complete stranger on social media. Just off to have lunch with friends 😉.

Re the ignore function. I have 1 poster on ignore purely because I find him/her irritating af. I do it so that when I join a thread I don't see loads of that posters shite. If it's quoted I see it, and if I fancy a laugh, I look at posts as and when I choose to. Nowt wrong with using the function selectively. 

I do reckon you're on a bit of a wind up though SoG, and if you're not, it seems to do the job anyway. 

49 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

House!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Spoken like a wind up merchant extrodinare 🤣🤣🤣

By the way regarding the ignore fiction, yes you can view people you’ve got on ignore if you come onto this forum without logging in. However you can’t reply to them. To do that you’d need to login, take them off ignore, find the post, reply then put them back on ignore  again. Which would be a very Strange thing to, so either you’ve done that on multiple occasion to me and hypo, or you’re lying about having us on ignore, which is even stranger, either way you don’t come out of it looking good. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Spoken like a wind up merchant extrodinare 🤣🤣🤣

By the way regarding the ignore fiction, yes you can view people you’ve got on ignore if you come onto this forum without logging in. However you can’t reply to them. To do that you’d need to login, take them off ignore, find the post, reply then put them back on ignore  again. Which would be a very Strange thing to, so either you’ve done that on multiple occasion to me and hypo, or you’re lying about having us on ignore, which is even stranger, either way you don’t come out of it looking good. 

You don't do that. Just click under a post if you want to take a look, press to see that post, and reply if you want to. They still stay on ignore, their posts /comments stay hidden, and you don't get loads of their drivel populating a page. Works a dream.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Nearly two thirds of the posts on this page have absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

(  Naturally including this one ).

Sorry I didn’t bother clicking the link to some bs anti-Semitic site SOG posted. His point probably being IDF killed people on 7/10 and he doesn’t like killing, Don’t give a shit about semantics of Israel v Jews. He has antisemitism in his bones.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Oh dear, wrong again :mcinnes:

4 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

i do not post deliberately to wind up the usual suspects

I guess that just leaves the alternative that we have been telling you for several months and he really is thick as shit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, egg said:

You don't do that. Just click under a post if you want to take a look, press to see that post, and reply if you want to. They still stay on ignore, their posts /comments stay hidden, and you don't get loads of their drivel populating a page. Works a dream.

I am certain Sog won’t know that. 

12 hours ago, CB Fry said:

If you come out and say to SOG in a single sentence - come off it, you don't really think that - you're very likely to get a 500 word lecture in return, probably mentioning Tommy Robinson. 

5 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

The puppet master supreme.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

By the way just as point of order I said you were a “top filer” not “top flier” 

Edited by Turkish