Breakfast With Le God - Tuesday 10am-2pm

Jazzfunk

Hey everyone. 

My restaurant the Culture Caff at 281 Shirley Road are hosting a Q&A with none other than Matthew Le Tissier this Tuesday from 10am til we close at 2pm.

We will be serving our amazing breakfasts throughout and it is a great opportunity to have some excellent food and mingle with our greatest ever player.

Hope to see some of you guys there.

Thank you

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Will the discussion be about football or covid and tin foil hats?

To be honest mate I think Matt is happy to discuss anything, he is as laid back as they come.

• Like 16

On 27/01/2024 at 23:31, Jazzfunk said:

Hey everyone. 

My restaurant the Culture Caff at 281 Shirley Road are hosting a Q&A with none other than Matthew Le Tissier this Tuesday from 10am til we close at 2pm.

We will be serving our amazing breakfasts throughout and it is a great opportunity to have some excellent food and mingle with our greatest ever player.

Thank you

Hope the event goes well mate. Can't make it due to work, has your restaurant recently opened? Got a link to the breakfasts? Will give it a try soon, maybe on a match day. 

• Like 3

Arguably our greatest ever player. A idol to thousands of Saints fans 

Respect what he did for your club and keep your sarcastic virtue signalling comments to yourself -because supporters like me will defend his right to say what the fuck he likes that’s not illegal EVEN If we disagree with the views. 

• Like 14
  • Haha 4

On 28/01/2024 at 07:41, Weston Super Saint said:

Will the discussion be about football or covid and tin foil hats?

What a great question although his outlier views on the vaccine / covid don't seem so mad in hindsight unless of course you are on booster number 54 and still listening to the Tory government? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Respect what he did for your club and keep your sarcastic virtue signalling comments to yourself -because supporters like me will defend his right to say what the fuck he likes that’s not illegal EVEN If we disagree with the views. 

"Defend his right to say what the fuck he likes", but you object to people calling him out for it?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

"Defend his right to say what the fuck he likes", but you object to people calling him out for it?

Turn up and ask him yourself about tin hats etc - entirely valid. It’s a democracy. I can disagree with the content, tone the implication whatever but it’s your and my right. 

Just to give an alternate pov -  Question I would ask is - how much money do yuu reckon you raised for charity in your lifetime and through your auspices and How many hospital visits how many good causes have you supported in your lifetime? And what do you think is the value of the happiness you gave to millions of football supporters around the world by your play? 

Edited by gio1saints
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Turn up and ask him yourself about tin hats etc - entirely valid. It’s a democracy. I can disagree with the content, tone the implication whatever but it’s your and my right. 

Just to give an alternate pov -  Question I would ask is - how much money do yuu reckon you raised for charity in your lifetime and through your auspices and How many hospital visits how many good causes have you supported in your lifetime? And what do you think is the value of the happiness you gave to millions of football supporters around the world by your play? 

He was just a footballer mate, not fucking Gandhi

• Haha 17
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Marsdinho said:

He was just a footballer mate, not fucking Gandhi

Well he wasn’t was he. You could go to the farthest reaches of the world and if you told someone where you came from, they would regularly reply, ah, Matthew Le Tissier. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Well he wasn’t was he. You could go to the farthest reaches of the world and if you told someone where you came from, they would regularly reply, ah, Matthew Le Tissier. 

Said many many times, I couldn't give a shit what he says now. The guy was my footballing hero. Always will be. No other player has given me so much joy watching my club than him. And no other player ever will. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

I find you still get the same reaction...this time though its more like "oh dear, Matthew Le Tissier". Shame really.

• Like 1

Regardless what you think of his views, it is a bit of a shame a post about from a local business advertising an opportunity to put your view to him in person has descended into sarcasm and the usual squabbling...

Good luck with the event op.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Regardless what you think of his views, it is a bit of a shame a post about from a local business advertising an opportunity to put your view to him in person has descended into sarcasm and the usual squabbling...

Good luck with the event op.

Well, that’s what happens when you try to rebrand yourself as some great, free-thinking liberator of the sheeple, standing up to big pharma and big government with conspiracy theorist drivel you find on X.

He hasn’t scored a goal for us in a quarter of a century and thanks entirely to his own efforts, he is now more famous as a man who puts children’s health at risk by telling their thick, ignorant parents not to vaccinate them. As such, most threads about MLT will tend to drift this way.

• Like 5

• Lighthouse changed the title to Breakfast With Le God - Tuesday 10am-2pm
1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Well, that’s what happens when you try to rebrand yourself as some great, free-thinking liberator of the sheeple, standing up to big pharma and big government with conspiracy theorist drivel you find on X.

He hasn’t scored a goal for us in a quarter of a century and thanks entirely to his own efforts, he is now more famous as a man who puts children’s health at risk by telling their thick, ignorant parents not to vaccinate them. As such, most threads about MLT will tend to drift this way.

I prefer to remember him for his huge footballing ability and the immense joy he brought to me and my generation of supporters. I consider myself lucky to have been able to watch him live in a Saints shirt. As a club we will not ever have a player like him again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gio1saints said:

While its admirable you are defending free speech there should be questions asked when what is being preached is potentially dangerous and irresponsible. People are still dying of Covid having been persuaded not to have the vaccination. (Oh and falling off a high horse can be painful as well).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I prefer to remember him for his huge footballing ability and the immense joy he brought to me and my generation of supporters. I consider myself lucky to have been able to watch him live in a Saints shirt. As a club we will not ever have a player like him again.

Remember him however you like. I’m not sure how many children in hospital a 20 yard half volley against Crystal Palace equates to but you’re free to decide however you like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gio1saints said:

How many hospital visits?

WTF?

Will that be one of the pertinent questions come judgement day?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

There are already numerous threads on this board about the stupid things MLT has said...  and this thread wasn't made in relation to any of them.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Marsdinho said:

I cant go, but can someone ask him if thinks a Q&A at a greasy spoon in Shirley is just reward for opening the eyes of the sheeple?

No greasy spoon it’s immaculate. I’ve always liked the vibe of The High Street it’s sort of becoming gentrified lots of reliable cool pubs and eateries. 
it’s becoming hip.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, manji said:

No greasy spoon it’s immaculate. I’ve always liked the vibe of The High Street it’s sort of becoming gentrified lots of reliable cool pubs and eateries. 
it’s becoming hip.

First time since the 1920s. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, manji said:

it’s becoming hip.

Yep. Quality place. Sean and Aaron have done a brilliant job, and the food is top notch. Best curried goat around. 

It's a sad state of affairs when people can't see the good in Matt going along to help a fledgling business get up and running. 

An yep, Shirley road has a few decent places these days. 

• Like 6

I used to go tofrannies cafe in Portswood ( opposite the big sainsburys and is some kind of vegan place now I think) and order liver egg bacon chips two buttered toast mushrooms tomato cup of tea and loads ketchup for about £2 pre match on Saturdays early eighties. Play the pinball a bit there then stroll on, sometimes via the Mitre but not always. Greasy spoons are the epitome of cool nowadays.😎

1 hour ago, egg said:

Yep. Quality place. Sean and Aaron have done a brilliant job, and the food is top notch. Best curried goat around. 

It's a sad state of affairs when people can't see the good in Matt going along to help a fledgling business get up and running. 

An yep, Shirley road has a few decent places these days. 

Thanks mate, for your kind words. I guess you know me as well lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, manji said:

it’s becoming hip.

Thanks mate. Be nice to see you in soon for a bit of scran and a chat.

7 hours ago, wild-saint said:

What a great question although his outlier views on the vaccine / covid don't seem so mad in hindsight unless of course you are on booster number 54 and still listening to the Tory government? 

really ? We should all be living in communism accoring to him and bill gates has the key lol !

As for the vaccine stuff, the amount of fake garbage he believes on social media esp from america is beyond logic, to the degree i think hes on the spectrum.

• Confused 1

On 28/01/2024 at 07:31, Jazzfunk said:

Hey everyone. 

Thank you

Bit of a coup for your restaurant that, good luck! 

Perhaps the next event could be Talking to Water with Rickie Lambert ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Said many many times, I couldn't give a shit what he says now. The guy was my footballing hero. Always will be. No other player has given me so much joy watching my club than him. And no other player ever will. 

Amen to this. If he has views you don't subscribe to, then a simple acknowledgement is necessary, or don't pay it any further mind; he's a f*cking club god, show more respect!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

really ? We should all be living in communism accoring to him and bill gates has the key lol !

As for the vaccine stuff, the amount of fake garbage he believes on social media esp from america is beyond logic, to the degree i think hes on the spectrum.

Brilliant! The irony!

Edited by Toussaint
  • Like 1

The problem with inviting people like him to promote a business is that the business can pick up a reputation and you can limit your customer base. 

I think more people see him as a cretin than a hero nowadays.  I was around when he played and he was a lazy player, it has to be said. There's a reason he never reached top level, and it wasn't some great Venables conspiracy.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

19 minutes ago, pingpong said:

The problem with inviting people like him to promote a business is that the business can pick up a reputation and you can limit your customer base. 

I think more people see him as a cretin than a hero nowadays.  I was around when he played and he was a lazy player, it has to be said. There's a reason he never reached top level, and it wasn't some great Venables conspiracy.

Yawn. 

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, pingpong said:

Speak for yourself mate. He has views that I don't agree with, but he's still a lovely bloke, and arguably the best footballer I've seen in the flesh. 

He'll draw a crowd, and if people who think like you stay away, then all the better. 

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, pingpong said:

Jesus Christ. You sure you are a Saints fan? That lazy player as you call him is/was the best Saints player ever. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JRM said:

Yawn. 

Loved watching this, thanks! Side note, but I wish we could see these in a better video quality, shows how spoilt we are ;)

Hope anyone turning up has a good chat, hope the business does well Jazzfunk and a reminder to some that we don't have to agree with everyone, all the time, on everything, life would be boring. Enjoy the vid, chat about about better football times! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Jesus Christ. You sure you are a Saints fan? That lazy player as you call him is/was the best Saints player ever. 

And for anyone with an objective eye and a brain the most technically gifted English player of his generation…

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, pingpong said:

Worst post of the year award has been won, and we're only in January.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1