Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Do they have a hospital bed quota to fill ?

Its funny you should say that, they have there own hospital in the main stand over looking the pitch. Or they did when I went there around 1990 for Bobby Robson 1st game and also when Romario broke his leg in a game he didn't have far to go..as I remember it. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Master Bates said:

Trabzonspor president Ertugrul Dogan has started negotiations with Saints over Onuachu.

I can already imagine it "I'll give you 3 million euros over 15 yrs and the rights to onuachu's first born son", these turks are dodgy as fuck when it comes to transfers, look at the lyanco fiasco where they tried to change the offer when he was in turkey about to sign.

• Haha 1

On 11/02/2024 at 12:56, Master Bates said:

Juventus want €40m for Matías Soulé

I doubt we’re ever swapping one Argentinian for another. 😂

Soule was a bizarre rumour from the start, never any legs, just absolute bollocks. As if any Championship club was spending that kind of money.

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

How does FFP work in the U.S.A.? If there is any?

I’m aware of the “designated player” rule where three players essentially are allowed to be paid over the salary cap; but you can’t tell me Inter Mia are sticking to this. 

Surely? 😅

The last time I looked there were various wheezes for deferring costs. Everything from allocation money being used to reduce designated costs, offsetting costs, trading costs with other clubs. At least at one point, you could trade a designated player spot. I'm fairly sure that only a set amount of the likes of Messi will go against their salary cap. The rest of the squad will fit within the many salary related rules.

36 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

Bye Jason, enjoy the £££

You're such a strange, bitter man. Anyone in their right mind would leave a championship side, whom if dont go up will remain a championship side for years to come for an exciting project at the biggest club in the world. 

If it was ££ he was interested in, he wouldn't have left city for us. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dman said:

You're such a strange, bitter man. Anyone in their right mind would leave a championship side, whom if dont go up will remain a championship side for years to come for an exciting project at the biggest club in the world. 

If it was ££ he was interested in, he wouldn't have left city for us. 

The biggest club in the world is of course Real Madrid, the most commercially successful so far is Man United. 

Nothing to do with Jason Wilcox but just needed to point out that Real is still the club every player would leave their club for, and historically always have. And I prefer Barca. 

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/waterfords-teen-attacker-romeo-akachukwu-17-seals-500000-move-in-the-summer-to-championship-side-southampton/a979771622.html

Summer signing agreed according to this. Possibly the one Andy Goldie refered to in his recent interview.

Was previously linked with Man City and Arsenal but the report says we will being him straight into the first team setup whereas those clubs would sign him for their U21s.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/arsenal-and-man-city-join-hunt-to-land-17-year-old-waterford-star/a39238394.html&ved=2ahUKEwjc-vHOo7OEAxUcWkEAHdVYBZgQFnoECDAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw03xzR8citDXk499Uk9TnCF

Edited by Dusic

6 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Believe it's not done, but def on the list.  Quite complicated.

9 hours ago, Dusic said:

20240218_063759.jpg

Has anyone seen any of Romain Perraud's games at Nice this season? 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/romain-perraud/profil/spieler/318523 Transfermarkt has his value down 25% since the loan. He'd have a year left on his contract at the start of next season.

Wondering if HCDAJFU in the PL if we won promotion. We've four, maybe five loanees that we'd be really keen to buy, and would need money for at least one striker to replace Che, so the opportunity to get in a LB who is a known quantity might be handy.

I always appreciated his efforts, and the only time he played under RM he was hung out to dry at LCB against Gillingham: He looked like a fish up a tree, I felt really sorry for him.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Has anyone seen any of Romain Perraud's games at Nice this season? 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/romain-perraud/profil/spieler/318523 Transfermarkt has his value down 25% since the loan. He'd have a year left on his contract at the start of next season.

Wondering if HCDAJFU in the PL if we won promotion. We've four, maybe five loanees that we'd be really keen to buy, and would need money for at least one striker to replace Che, so the opportunity to get in a LB who is a known quantity might be handy.

I always appreciated his efforts, and the only time he played under RM he was hung out to dry at LCB against Gillingham: He looked like a fish up a tree, I felt really sorry for him.

We certainly could fucking use the chap right now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sfc4prem said:

We certainly could fucking use the chap right now.

Perraud would be more than handy for the run in.    For that matter, he's already demonstrated that he handles the LB role at Prem level quite well.  Whose decision was it to farm him out on loan?      I think we have a gem in Meghoma, but he won't be ready for first team Football (in August) if we go up.    The Jack Clarke rumour sits well with me too.   Just looks like a young player who will make the transition.

On 15/02/2024 at 15:14, Master Bates said:

Samuel Iling-Junior being scouted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/11/samuel-iling-junior-the-young-englishman-on-the-rise-at-juventus

Another young Juve target in th 30 mil range, along with the Soule rumor it is very exciting......but realistc??

Charlie is on loan there, a realtionship is building with Juve, lets hope it benifits SFC.

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

That was always going to happen, the high 'future fee' advertised in the loan was just to appease some figures/numbers, it was never being activated. 

We'll probably negotiate an obligation in the region of £20ishm, with a loan deal for one of their wide players thrown in. (if we get promoted, they won't come here if we don't).

What will happen is that some players will leave and others will join while there's a 276 page thread about it all, a lot of which will be the usual bollocks which has already been discussed to death on other threads.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Cat said:

What will happen is that some players will leave and others will join while there's a 276 page thread about it all, a lot of which will be the usual bollocks which has already been discussed to death on other threads.

And nobody has any idea what will happen.

Well, I say nobody...

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Osvaldorama said:

I’ve had a groundbreaking idea. 

Why don’t we try signing a striker who can run AND finish. 

We’ve got one Ross Stewart.

2 hours ago, Osvaldorama said:

I’ve had a groundbreaking idea. 

Why don’t we try signing a striker who can run AND finish. 

2 hours ago, Master Bates said:

Can he/she/it/they not be injured too.

Oh, come on. Just where are a top level scouting department supposed to find this fantasy player with 2 working legs who can do his job half decently?

And that's before SR's left field hiring smugness gets applied.

I hope you guys don't hold your unrealistic expectations against SR rolling out our recently deceased, uniped zonal attacker next season. 🙂