Summer Transfer Window 2024

Master Bates

5 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

You'd think a lower-ish Prem team would take a punt on him. Burnley signed Redmond ffs...

Start of this season? Pretty ambitious to think he'd join a Championship club!

He'd be a good shout for a newly promoted side next year.

47 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

You'd think a lower-ish Prem team would take a punt on him. Burnley signed Redmond ffs...

I'm sure we could fulfill that brief if we're unfortunate enough to be promoted... ;)

54 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Been out injured since December with thigh muscle tear. 

4 hours ago, Master Bates said:

Head scout Michael Cairney leaves for Dundee

Thought that was Mowbray? We seem to have a load of transfer guru’s and never seem to sign anyone any good. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dman said:

Thought that was Mowbray? We seem to have a load of transfer guru’s and never seem to sign anyone any good. 

Crossed my mind as well, but I think Mowbray was titled Head of Recruitment, which presumably means the scouts such as this bloke report into him. 

Shame to read of one leaving but with our record over the last couple of seasons I won’t lose any sleep over his departure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

There's no questioning his talent, it's always been his fitness/injury concerns that have been the worry. SURELY we've learned from the Ross Stewart debacle not to sign crocks again. Granted he's proving he's fit so far at Besiktas but how long will it last? I suppose to bring in a quality player at Championship level like him we have to take risks but I really wouldn't want to spend big money (big for the Championship anyway) on a player who could break down again. Glad I don't have to make that decision.  

16 hours ago, Master Bates said:

He was fantastic as a winger, for us, but never convinced me when he moved inside. Still a talent player and as we saw in the Leicester game, if you want to pass your way out from the back, you need a high level of technical proficiency. I am sure Martin would love another technically good midfielder that can deliver his passing game, but personally, I think our frailties are because we don't have enough fight in the middle or players that do the ugly, often unseen stuff well. Not necessarily another defensive holding midfielder, but midfielders that can run all day, get up and down, press, get tight, get a foot it, and then when they get the ball have enough skill to keep it and pass it to the flair players. He has the ball skills but he won't add that that little extra grit.   

1 hour ago, Chez said:

He was fantastic as a winger, for us, but never convinced me when he moved inside. Still a talent player and as we saw in the Leicester game, if you want to pass your way out from the back, you need a high level of technical proficiency. I am sure Martin would love another technically good midfielder that can deliver his passing game, but personally, I think our frailties are because we don't have enough fight in the middle or players that do the ugly, often unseen stuff well. Not necessarily another defensive holding midfielder, but midfielders that can run all day, get up and down, press, get tight, get a foot it, and then when they get the ball have enough skill to keep it and pass it to the flair players. He has the ball skills but he won't add that that little extra grit.   

surely he replaces Stu Armstong as one of the 10's, rather than either downes or smallbone. 

In that sense, at this level, a fit AOC would be unbeliveable at this level. The trouble is, he's only play at this level because hes not fit. 

Avoid, imo. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chez said:

I think it was Liverpool who tried to change him into a CM, but I feel like you - it never seemed to click, he never looked right in there.

I don't think AOC is what we need, he'd be a headline signing for sure, but Aaron Ramsey was a headline signing for Cardiff and his fitness has meant he never plays for them. He'd be another massively expensive gamble that I don't think we can afford in our second season down (if we stay down here). We were bitten by Stewart last summer, let's not do it again.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

On 03/05/2024 at 14:54, Wade Garrett said:

I didn’t think he was all that at St Mary’s.

I like Stansfield at Brum on loan from Fulham.  

Jordan James will be on the move, another from Brum we could sign. 19, tidy midfielder for the future, lots of game experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Master Bates said:

Trabzonspor, who can't afford to buy Onuachu, apparently also want Bednarek as well as Caleta-Car and Onuachu.

Do well to get that deal across the line seeing as Caleta Car is going to Lyon. Gotzepe would be better off taking Onuachu rather than Trabzonspor’s cast offs!

2 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

If we are in this division next season and we don’t sign this man, Melton Mowbray will deserve the Sweeney Todd treatment! 🪓 ✂️ 🥎 🥎 

Not getting the reference.

Is it related to "Ohhh, lefty blackstuff...."?!