Forum Members Match at SMS ?

INFLUENCED.COM

Football Aid has squads of 16, with 5 pre-determined substitutions taking place at half-time. The people designated to sub on/off at half-time obviously pay less than those who play 90 minutes.

Personally, I'd be sceptical that we'd get more than 30 people willing to pay £100-odd to play.

With rolling subs, it's much more likely that the subs will play a bigger part in the game as you could rotate 2 from 3 outfield players at any one time being on the pitch, which in theory means that each of those three players would play an hour each.

I know what im like and once I am on i wont want to come off even if i broke both my legs. wouldnt take much for all out war to decend IMO

The ground staff must be bricking it at the idea of us lot thumping round the pitch tearing chucks out of each other and the pitch lol

I'd be up for it of course.

We've registered a new email address for applications, hmm, maybe applications is a bit strong a word... registering keen interest.

Before we go ahead that tho, I guess we all need to decide as a forum how many are going to be involved etc, I'd be up for just replicating the way Football Aid works, but then of course we need to decide costs of 90 mins v 45, or do we just do rotating subs... (where someone will moan that HE got more minutes on the pitch etc)....

The ground staff must be bricking it at the idea of us lot thumping round the pitch tearing chucks out of each other and the pitch lol

I'm guessing the pitch is likely to be relaid/seeded after these games anyway.

If they can get two games on every day (one daytime, one evening), that's £144,000 in revenue and very little expenditure. Must be looking at at least £100k profit there, as well as any extra revenue they get from food/drink sales, so it's a decent way of bringing in a bit of extra money.

I'd be up for it of course.

We've registered a new email address for applications, hmm, maybe applications is a bit strong a word... registering keen interest.

Before we go ahead that tho, I guess we all need to decide as a forum how many are going to be involved etc, I'd be up for just replicating the way Football Aid works, but then of course we need to decide costs of 90 mins v 45, or do we just do rotating subs... (where someone will moan that HE got more minutes on the pitch etc)....

Not really that fussed either way to be honest. 90 minutes is not a big issue so would be perfectly happy with 45 if the numbers are there...

Well then, you shouldn't have to pay.......your team mates should pay for you as a present;);):roll:

No no. I can either treat myself or start dropping hints to friends and family. If anyone were to buy me a pint afterwards (and maybe even before) then i'm cool with that!

Would suggest have say 6-7 90 places perside and then the remainder as rolling subs which should get about 45 min each - from teh football aid game its clear it s a big pitch and carrying th extra weight that many of us were, makes the whole thing hard but fun work! Following subs would be helpful for many and allow more to take part!

I respectfully suggest that the numbers allowed in the changing rooms would be limited.i suspect that we will only get 16 a side. If it is like football aid the club give you a shirt with your name on it.

I promise you going into the changing room and seeing a shirt hung on a hook with your name on the back is worth every penny.. Whilst Im a bit old now Id like to do it and perhaps my brother would as well.

Going to let the thread run a little more to ensure that everyone knows what they are getting, then register via email. All payments made to saintsweb but NOT via paypal on this one, just cheque or bank transfer.

I respectfully suggest that the numbers allowed in the changing rooms would be limited.i suspect that we will only get 16 a side. If it is like football aid the club give you a shirt with your name on it.

I promise you going into the changing room and seeing a shirt hung on a hook with your name on the back is worth every penny.. Whilst Im a bit old now Id like to do it and perhaps my brother would as well.

Doubt it would be like that, nick, this is saints we're talking about, not a charity event this time... I should imagine we'll even have to ask for a ball to play with!

it says there is refreshments etc. maybe we should find out a maximum number per side before we plan anything. oh and yes, sign me up too

I've emailed the club to try to get the finer details of the offer... I'll let you know when I hear back.

I would 110% stump up the cash for this!

I personally think rolling subs would be the way forward, but up for whatever is organised!

In an ideal world, but you'd get people moaning about others playing longer then (even if they say they wont right now).

Of course, you can pay for 90 mins or 45mins and still sub yourself if you like, but there wont be any refunds. I guess we could do it so that you can come back on whenever you like for hte guy you let take your place.

Doubt it would be like that, nick, this is saints we're talking about, not a charity event this time... I should imagine we'll even have to ask for a ball to play with!
I think that needs looking at, exactly what we will get. i think that the club kit is due to change? and so the kit may be redundant (either home or away) I stil have my shirt at home and it was a great momento. I personally think its a great idea but we do need to know exactly what we are getting.

I think that needs looking at, exactly what we will get. i think that the club kit is due to change? and so the kit may be redundant (either home or away) I stil have my shirt at home and it was a great momento. I personally think its a great idea but we do need to know exactly what we are getting.

Yeah, granty is looking into it.

No no. I can either treat myself or start dropping hints to friends and family. If anyone were to buy me a pint afterwards (and maybe even before) then i'm cool with that!

Ahhh good to see that this match is not being taken lightly and a strict training regime has obviously already kicked in...! ;)

On a slightly serious note, think the luvvie 11 v antis would be quite a good way of healing a few wounds (or opening them well and proper ;-)) Might actually see that the 'other' side is not actually that bad at all!

The Luvvie 11 will of course be playing yah basic total football in the true Dutch spirit! ;-)

If he can talk like he can type we'd need an extension on the 15 minutes allowed for half time !!!

90 mins at SMS for £181.82...bargain, i'm still in !! can I play midfield FC, please ?

It is a bargin, payed £280 for 45 mins in 2003 for the football aid thing. As to your other point about the half time talk - thing you are relegated to the bench for that one! ;-)