What I like about JVP...

Legod Second Coming

"We will go to Derby and give them a game and go for the win" says JVP.

Thank GOD!!! Someone who is trying to win.

Not the usual nonsense about Derby being a tough place to go, difficult opponents, must expect a hard game and will aim to be competitive... the sort of bo!!ox we were regularly served up by Burley (who btw couldn't beat ten-man Ulster on Wednesday...)

So the result might be the same. At least we have someone now who thinks it's alright to talk about wanting to win.

Good. Because that's what we should be aiming to do every week.

Get amongst Derby early. Get the fans on their back. Put pressure on them and see whether they like it up 'em.

That's what I say!!!

Not the usual nonsense about Derby being a tough place to go, difficult opponents, must expect a hard game and will aim to be competitive... the sort of bo!!ox we were regularly served up by Burley (who btw couldn't beat ten-man Ulster on Wednesday...)

So the result might be the same. At least we have someone now who thinks it's alright to talk about wanting to win.

Get amongst Derby early. Get the fans on their back. Put pressure on them and see whether they like it up 'em.

That's what I say!!!

I just like JP

He seems to know what he is doing despite comments on another thread regarding communication.

Derby are saying exactly the same thing about us, that it is all about confidence and that if they can score first, their players will take a boost to their confidence, whilst ours might take a knock. I think that they might be wrong in that assumption, as to their credit, the youngsters' confidence doesn't seem that brittle and they do seem to have the mental strength to keep on battling for a result. Derby on the other hand do have a long run of results going against them and if they go behind early on, their heads will drop, I'm sure of it.

That's what I say!!!

Completely agree. It's a breath of fresh air compared to Burley, where half the time you felt games were lost before the kick-off with his attitude.

Just a crying shame that JP doesnt have the tools to do his job with that Burley had.

Completely agree. It's a breath of fresh air compared to Burley, where half the time you felt games were lost before the kick-off with his attitude.

Just a crying shame that JP doesnt have the tools to do his job with that Burley had.

Alps, I find GB even now setting his players totally below par standards. Look at his attitude to the World Cup, qualification is good enough... pah!

You are right. I would like to have seen JP with the same raw material (or rather with a £7m budget) as Burley, even on only the two games I have thus far seen!

Just one small amendment to your thoughts there Alpine - its a crying shame that JP doesn't have the FUNDS to buy HIS tools to do his job. The large throbbing tools that Burley bought-in were and still would be, largely hopeless under JP. IMO.

Would you like to rephrase that post regarding tools?. Because I thought his players were a bunch of tools

Burley had 8 Million but did not invest wisely it is because of this poor investment we find ourselves in the present situation.

Burley also did not give our younger players much of a chance either.

Edited by John B

think he comes across well in interviews, builds players up, talked about concerns about dropping youngsters too quickly as it would effect their confidence, the Dyer thing -all seems promising.

sit fairly close to dug out and seems to communicate with player well -applauding and positioning etc.

The impression looks good, the football looks good -unfortunately the important one -the results needs to come!

is that the same dutch joker whos gonna take us down , playing midfields at full backs and one up front hes clueless and doesnt have a plan b , get rid now before its to late remember wigley everyone

Ah Stubbsy. How we've missed your insight and wisdom.

I find it strange people saying this when for about 70mins of the Cardiff game and at least a half at home to Birmingham we looked like we were playing for a draw.....I will be there tommorow but i can't see us going out gung ho for the win, we need to create chances and if we do that either win or lose tommorow i will be happy. Derby are a ****e team who haven't won for like a year, hope that run continues!

just listening to his interview after todays game...he sounds like he knows what he is doing..he goes on about hunger and the desire to put the game to bed etc..

he says that svensson will probably not play tuesday an holmes is a doubt....

i really like the sound of this guy....

I really do not like the sound of the rumour of shearer for manager either...

just listening to his interview after todays game...he sounds like he knows what he is doing..he goes on about hunger and the desire to put the game to bed etc..

Neither do I, stick with Jan and the kids and the ******* good football.

I'm inclined to agree but IF the Shearer thing comes with £50m, can we really say no?

I'm inclined to agree but IF the Shearer thing comes with £50m, can we really say no?

Forget Shearer, JP wouldn't need £50million. Anyway does anyone seriously think it would happen. I think this young team is great to watch. I am happy to go with them .

I'm beginning to see why Lowe went for him. It's a shame we didn't bring him in last time out.

Edited by derry

Forget Shearer, JP wouldn't need £50million. Anyway does anyone seriously think it would happen. I think this young team is great to watch. I am happy to go with them .

I'm beginning to see why Lowe went for him. It's a shame we didn't bring him in last time out.

Absolutely, I agree. But if someone tables a decent bid they have a reasonable chance of it being accepted and then it's up to them.

Whilst I would agree it would be a shame to lose Jan, if the new lot really were able to safeguard the financial future of the club it might have to be a pill worth swallowing.

Today was excellent - I am proud of the management and the players -but we still seem to have a paper thin defence and no money.

Anyway.... who cares - if it happens it happens. Either way we've just embarrassed Derby!! :) With any luck we'll spank Brum and get a massive crowd for Blackpool who we will completely destroy and then assault the league with sell-outs every week!

Originally Posted by benjii viewpost.gif

There's no way you can ignore £50M, the bank just will not allow it. But I do believe you have a very valid point. Just cannot see them getting that sort of money together, so it should be academic. The last couple of seasons I have felt removed from the team with very little bond because of all the things that have been going on. But the refreshing attitude of these youngsters has turned that around into the sort of feeling we used to experience at the Dell. In one way I feel that the financial situation that has forced us into playing all the youth has helped us. JP has a very clear goal and an unflinching drive towards that. When we have tried to integrate some of the senior pro's into the team (mainly midfield), they don't have the requisite skills to carry it off. So it was a case of the old system and trying to blend a couple of the youth into or the new system where a lot of the older pro's will not blend. As we just managed to escape the trap door with the old routine last season, i really doubt we would have fared much better this season, probably worse.

It's a lot to ask, mainly because of the physical demand this league puts on players, but if we can maintain safety this season, the youngsters will be that much further advanced the next, when I feel we can really have a go at it.

I liked the sound of Jan when he was appointed.

I liked what he had to say when interviewed.

I was impressed by his remarks on Radio Solent's "Saints Fans Forum" and his post match comments this season.

I am thrilled with the result his team achieved today!

OK, it's one game only, but I sure feel happier about Saints than I have for over a year.

Well done lads AND all the travelling fans.(You sounded in great voice on the radio.)

I liked the sound of Jan when he was appointed.

I liked what he had to say when interviewed.

I was impressed by his remarks on Radio Solent's "Saints Fans Forum" and his post match comments this season.

I am thrilled with the result his team achieved today!

OK, it's one game only, but I sure feel happier about Saints than I have for over a year.

Well done lads AND all the travelling fans.(You sounded in great voice on the radio.)

Agree with your comments, although the team's been getting better with every game they've played. Also what's different about JP is that he seems to be able to recognise the problem areas that most of the fans can see and talk about them without being negative.

Agree with your comments, although the team's been getting better with every game they've played. Also what's different about JP is that he seems to be able to recognise the problem areas that most of the fans can see and talk about them without being negative.

Agreed, I really like his post-match comments as well - he's as bouyed by the result as we are. He talks about wanting to have fun and win games.

Isn's that all we want? To have a go??

Who is JVP?

Otherwise I agree. Burley was so negative, thank God Scotland made the mistake of taking him off our hands...

Had to laugh on Wednesday night, driving back home listening to GB being interviewed on 5live - 'we passed the ball well but we just lacked the cutting edge to break down the opposition' - how many times did he trot out that line when with us? I agree Scotland were mugs to take him off our hands, and I told them up here when it happened!!

• 1 month later...
I wonder where Chump Pahars is to give us the real "ITK" lowdown on Jan's coaching ability?

LOL

I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think he was found wanting again today!!!!!!!!

For starters, where was Perry??????

As for McGoldrick, no subs, tactics, motivation etc etc etc, maybe, just maybe he is out of his depth.

I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think he was found wanting again today!!!!!!!!

For starters, where was Perry??????

As for McGoldrick, no subs, tactics, motivation etc etc etc, maybe, just maybe he is out of his depth.

I just feel sorry for JP. Yes, I feel that he is out of his depth, but he was offered an opportunity that he couldn`t really have dreamed of. What would you do in his position? He is honest and, I think, committed, but he is not a CCC manager and is an "experiment" too far.

I just feel sorry for JP. Yes, I feel that he is out of his depth, but he was offered an opportunity that he couldn`t really have dreamed of. What would you do in his position? He is honest and, I think, committed, but he is not a CCC manager and is an "experiment" too far.

And you could say exactly the same of Wigley when he was offered the job when he was clearly not up to it. I never had a problem with Wigley per se, just the man ho installed him as manager.

And you could say exactly the same of Wigley when he was offered the job when he was clearly not up to it. I never had a problem with Wigley per se, just the man ho installed him as manager.

Tbh, SFC has been treated like a 'play thing' for quite a few years now, it's all pretty sad really.

The thing that I couldn`t understand with Wigley was that a few weeks before he got the job, he said that he didn`t want it because he wasn`t ready to step up. What changed in a few weeks? I remember distinctly that on the day that he was appointed he was to be "caretaker manager" and after a couple of hours it was announced that he was to be Manager. "Persuasion" from a certain quarter perhaps??

The thing that I couldn`t understand with Wigley was that a few weeks before he got the job, he said that he didn`t want it because he wasn`t ready to step up. What changed in a few weeks? I remember distinctly that on the day that he was appointed he was to be "caretaker manager" and after a couple of hours it was announced that he was to be Manager. "Persuasion" from a certain quarter perhaps??

I remember the exact day, I got a phone call telling me that Sturrock had been sacked and Wigley was relacing him. I assumed that Wigley was a temporary replacement but as the day drew on it was obvious that this was going to be a permanent appointment.

I reallly thought that no one in charge of a multi million pound plc could make such a stupid decision.........and hey, he 's still here and look where we are :(