Lee - out for 4-6 months according to Japanese press

shurlock

According to the Japanese press, Lee had a medical check and it was discovered he has ligament damage in his right foot which requires an operation. He will be out for 4-6 months, ruling him out of both the rest of this season and the start of next. Japanese press don't think he'll even be ready for their qualifier/friendly against Iraq on September 11.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20120401-00000012-spnannex-socc

Edited by shurlock

Oh FFS! We are going to stumble over that finish line.

We need to win the next 2 just to settle us down a little bit, before the Reading game. You can feel the jitters on here a little at the moment. Just seem to be a little unsettled with injury, take over, and other things when we really all need to be pulling together for one last push.

The Easter weekend normally makes things a little clearer. I am hoping we get 6 points, and West Ham slip up at home to Brum, and Reading slip up at Brighton. This could give us an 8/9 point gap on West Ham in 3rd and 4/5 point gap back on Reading with them up next at SMS. I do think if this happens then we would have done enough.

So when CFSFC‎ posted about Lambert having an op and being out for the rest of the season, he had got his strikers mixed up. An intriguing example of how some rumours have a hint of the truth about them.

I'm sure we all wish TL a speedy recovery - and hope SRL does the business next weekend.

He was on crutches at Millwall match so could be some truth in this story. We needed his off the ball running yesterday as Guly, well let's not comment on him. As has been said above, if true, Sharp needs to step up, and quick. Might be worth giving Barney a bit more playing time.

I think Connolly is injured? Maybe time to give Forte a phone call

Why do we always have to find out via some third party? If he's injured that bad I'd appreciate our club coming and saying so, rather than keeping it all pointless under wraps. There is time for that, and there's time when you need to tell your supporters what's going on...

Why do we always have to find out via some third party? If he's injured that bad I'd appreciate our club coming and saying so, rather than keeping it all pointless under wraps. There is time for that, and there's time when you need to tell your supporters what's going on...

The club just answer the questions. Nigel mentioned Rickie not having an operation when asked. Maybe the reporters need to pick up or think "Hmmm where has Lee been?".

Agreed, they should tell us everything on April 1st.

Lee is injured right foot stepped on during practice March 13, then was followed by a bench outside. And 19 days in his blog, publish photos of the place of the injured remain spike marks, "I think there is no bone or ligament injury is expected to recover from an error at about 1 week, and able to return soon" had to comment. Results of re-examination, found that damage to the ligaments of his right leg, but it was decided to surgery.

According to officials, the outlook take four to six months to heal completely.

Lee is injured right foot stepped on during practice March 13, then was followed by a bench outside. And 19 days in his blog, publish photos of the place of the injured remain spike marks, "I think there is no bone or ligament injury is expected to recover from an error at about 1 week, and able to return soon" had to comment. Results of re-examination, found that damage to the ligaments of his right leg, but it was decided to surgery.

Damn.

Someone told me it was Guly who inured him!

Gutted about that...need to bring in cover over the summer.

Why? He has the whole of April, May, June, July and half of August before the new season starts.

Bad news though, he will be missed. Having said that I have faith that Sharp and Barnard can step up to the mark.

Well we will miss his pace and movement but i suppose we could play SDR upfront if we wanted pace or go with Sharp or Barnard, i wouldn't play Guly he was useless there on sat and last time he played against Pompey he was utter crap. I can really see my prediction coming true a draw :(

B*llocks. Just what we didn't need. One of our best signings of the season imho.

On the plus side (clutching at straws, I know) Barney will get some match time, he has been very well received the couple of games he was subbed on for recently and worked like hell for the team. And despite the negative comments on here I still reckon DC can do a job, he was an absolutely massive asset at the tail end of last season's promotion push.

Well we will miss his pace and movement but i suppose we could play SDR upfront if we wanted pace or go with Sharp or Barnard, i wouldn't play Guly he was useless there on sat and last time he played against Pompey he was utter crap. I can really see my prediction coming true a draw :(

if SDR had Lee's intelligence he might be an alternative but nothing that he's done so far convinces me that he's got a footballing brain of any sort.

B*llocks. Just what we didn't need. One of our best signings of the season imho.

On the plus side (clutching at straws, I know) Barney will get some match time, he has been very well received the couple of games he was subbed on for recently and worked like hell for the team. And despite the negative comments on here I still reckon DC can do a job, he was an absolutely massive asset at the tail end of last season's promotion push.

I hope Barnard can do something, but 2 problems, he looked very slow against Donny, needs some match fitness, and secondly he has not scored all season, needs a confidence booster. What we really need is Connors to be back and have one of his season-ending run-ins again. Will sorely miss Chung, not just for his pace and movement, but also for bringing something new and exciting to the team, enjoyed watching his performances, breath of fresh air.

if SDR had Lee's intelligence he might be an alternative but nothing that he's done so far convinces me that he's got a footballing brain of any sort.

I don't think SDR necessarily doesn't have one. However, I think Lee is exciting in the sense that his movement is very clever and he is always thinking and as Nigel says "scanning". He thinks very quickly, and it gives him an edge, as does his pace.

I hope Barnard can do something, but 2 problems, he looked very slow against Donny, needs some match fitness, and secondly he has not scored all season, needs a confidence booster. What we really need is Connors to be back and have one of his season-ending run-ins again. Will sorely miss Chung, not just for his pace and movement, but also for bringing something new and exciting to the team, enjoyed watching his performances, breath of fresh air.

Couldn't agree more. But if he's out, he's out and thats that tbh. I reckon Barnard and/or Connolly could fill in myself, but I'm usually wrong about most things. Tadanari has been terrific in the few games I've seen him play, as you say, a breath of fresh air.

Couldn't agree more. But if he's out, he's out and thats that tbh. I reckon Barnard and/or Connolly could fill in myself, but I'm usually wrong about most things. Tadanari has been terrific in the few games I've seen him play, as you say, a breath of fresh air.

I am sorry but I don't rate Barnard and SDR is so erratic. This is bad news.

According to the Japanese press, Lee had a medical check and it was discovered he has ligament damage in his right foot which requires an operation. He will be out for 4-6 months, ruling him out of both the rest of this season and the start of next. Japanese press don't think he'll even be ready for their qualifier/friendly against Iraq on September 11.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20120401-00000012-spnannex-socc

Just put into google translator and it all seems clear:

Four to six months in the surgery heal right foot out ... Tadanari Lee W Cup Qualifiers

One minute delivery (Sun) at 7:00 on April 1, Annex Suponichi

Lee played in the early stages of the final qualifying round four Cup was desperate W

[Related article]

"Vicissitudes of life" was like it! "Prepare 11" Zach

To call overseas from Kagawa set ... is also cautious decision mandating the dispatch of Olympics

"Not a team like a frog came to tourism" director Zack Venezuela

Reversed only eight points behind Arsenal two minutes! Of 16 to enter

Examine Tadanari Lee, Southampton, Australia

(Supotsunipponshinbun-sha)