Harry Redknapp to be named manager within 3 weeks

Saint-Armstrong

Fingers crossed this is just an early leak to see how the fanbase would react.

Nicola: His reappointment in place of an honourable man like Nigel would make me sick to my very core. I would rather be relegated with our dignity preserved then have that vile scumbag back involved with us.

Edited by Colinjb

Fingers crossed this is just an early leak to see how the fanbase would react.

Nicola: His reappointment in place of an honourable man like Nigel would make me sick to my very core. I would rather be relegated with our dignity preserved then have that vile scumbag back involved with us.

Perhaps we can nip this in the bud with a poll? If NA is sacked would you welcome Saggy back? Y/N

would you lot still be complaining IF he was apointted? and he not only kept us up he also got us around mid table?

Yes. I would not be happy until he was gone.

I couldn't have supported an England side managed by him, god knows how I could support a Saints team managed by him.

How any Saints fan could say they wouldn't mind him back because he's a decent manager is beyond me. I wouldn't care if he was as good as f*cking Mourinho. He's a twitchy, disloyal Skate c*nt and shouldn't be welcome in the city of Southampton let alone anywhere near our football club.

would you lot still be complaining IF he was apointted? and he not only kept us up he also got us around mid table?

The masses will love him as soon as he comes out with "I love this club"," I regret ever leaving", " the fans are the best" etc etc

Fwiw, I wouldn't want him back and would stick with NA. With that said, would any of us object to his skills in the transfer market, and Jordan and Bond working with our defence (assuming they all come as a package)?

How any Saints fan could say they wouldn't mind him back because he's a decent manager is beyond me. I wouldn't care if he was as good as f*cking Mourinho. He's a twitchy, disloyal Skate c*nt and shouldn't be welcome in the city of Southampton let alone anywhere near our football club.

What over reactionary b*llocks! He is a proven manager with a good track record & the only reason he f*cked off before was due to Lowe meddling & trying to get involved with the managing side. Redknapp realised the sh*t he was promised wasn't sold as seen & departed. Fans over-reacted massively imho. I'm not saying I want him back but some of the responses we had were ridiculous. You only see what you want to see.

Some say that is happening now with Adkins &, to be fair, I am fast losing patience with Cortese's alleged lack of respect for Nigel. Lack of respect for anyone. Seeing Nige only as a physio. If he's not trusted enough to be allowed to manage, bring in someone who can be allowed to manage, despite how much I like the guy.

He is an absolute media whore and full of ****, however his record is very good apart from with us.

Adkins is a top guy and done a great job for us but I cannot see him plugging the defence. Personally I would welcome hoddle and redknapp. Utter ****s but good managers IMO.

Although I'm going to get torn to pieces in my eyes this is the way to go. This defensive atrocity can't continue.

I hate to admit that if we want to be playing Prem football next year it is the answer.

My fear is that it will all end in tears in the long run and the club will be in a worse position when turkey neck walks.

As I got infraction points for posting an obvious joke on the main board I sincerely

hope that also happens to the original poster.

In fact thinking about it I think we should all report the original post and bring it to the attention

of the admins as it is just an obvious attempt to wind people up, not start a reasonable debate. :x

I don't believe in "win at all costs" and bringing that cheating skate back is tantamount to that. I can still remember the interviews he gave when he was a manager - all he ever did was whinge and whine about how we weren't good enough (fair enough, it may have been true, but it's not exactly a good motivational tactic is it). I can't ever recall him looking comfortable in the job and I don't see how that would change now - and that is aside from the rumours of brown envelopes and offshore accounts. The only positive I can see from it is I'd get a good nights sleep at the weekend because I wouldn't be up half the night watching Saints!

I would never support Saints whilst he was in charge, the guy is a complete **** and NC would become the biggest **** there ever was for doing it!

However I don't think NC would do this, but Di Canio yes and at 33-1 cold be a good bet? Was Les Reed at Charlton when Di Canio was there?

From Kate Laven - Journalist for the Telegraph:

"Redknapp rumour appears to be true...he'll be back on the Saints throne in three weeks...or possibly before. Poor Nige."

Not liking this...

Why three weeks? Odd.

How would she know the details of what goes on behind the scenes? Load of b******s.

I would never support Saints whilst he was in charge, the guy is a complete **** and NC would become the biggest **** there ever was for doing it!

However I don't think NC would do this, but Di Canio yes and at 33-1 cold be a good bet? Was Les Reed at Charlton when Di Canio was there?

So no to Redknapp, but yes to a fascist?

di_canio_salute.jpg

No Saints fan should want Di Canio anywhere near the club, he is a vile man.

Hate him for what he done, however like with England i said i wouldn't support Redknapp as manager for country unless he got us to the semi finals of the euros, so il be supporting the team rather then redknapp and if redknapp keeps us up, i would then forgive him only because it will benfit the club so much by him keeping us up and if he does the media lover would help us bring in big names, redknapp has proven with money hes quality without it hes poor.

In a ideal world, we beat spurs sunday and nigel stays but for me anything other then a win and hes out, and rightly so no manager in any job can get away with reporting losses most weeks.

From Kate Laven - Journalist for the Telegraph:

"Redknapp rumour appears to be true...he'll be back on the Saints throne in three weeks...or possibly before. Poor Nige."

She used to work for the Daily Echo...

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/kate-laven/4/485/906

And we know what the club think of the Daily Echo...

"For clarification, the following statement was issued to the Southern Daily Echo in relation to the story they are running this morning. It has been the Club’s conscious policy for the last three years not to reply to questions or calls for statements from the Daily Echo and this will continue to be Club Policy."

Di Canio is completely the wrong kind of manager for Saints, especially if the rumours about NC controlling the team are to be believed. Also, he's not that good a manager, he has had a very high budget compared to other sides in L1 and L2. The best comparison to him is Paul Ince at the MK Dons.

interesting that he is wrong because he had achieved wuth a high budget, does that not equally apply to adkins?

for what its worth i think we should make a decision today and stick with it. Nc needs to stick or twist but not dawdle for weeks until change is too late.

i would keep until the end of the season regardless personally but if he does feel a change is the right move do it know to give the max chance of success.

Ill always remember when he posed holding a Pompey shirt whilst still manager here. On this board was a caption competition with everyone thinking it was all light hearted and totally acceptable.

I don't want the c*nt anywhere near my football club.

As I got infraction points for posting an obvious joke on the main board I sincerely

hope that also happens to the original poster.

In fact thinking about it I think we should all report the original post and bring it to the attention

of the admins as it is just an obvious attempt to wind people up, not start a reasonable debate. :x

...difference being this thread has come from another source, not sure how you work out it was the OP attempting to wind people up!