Saints Pre Season Thread

Mallagroth

Thought it would be good to have a place like last year to discuss the performances of our players in the friendlies, training vids, Daleks inevitable relegation prediction. etc.

FIXTURES:

TUE 15 JUL - EHC Hoensbroek A

THU 17 JUL - KSK Hasselt A

MON 21 JUL - Swindon Town A

FRI 25 JUL - AFC Bournemouth A

THU 31 JUL - Brighton A

SAT 09 AUG - Bayer 04 Leverkusen H

Belgium training camp player list for reference:

Artur Boruc, Billy Sharp, Calum Chambers, Dejan Lovren, Dušan Tadić, Emmanuel Mayuka, Graziano Pellè*, Harrison Reed, Jack Cork, Jack Stephens, Jake Flannigan, Jake Sinclair, James Ward-Prowse, Jason McCarthy, Jay Rodriguez, Jordan Turnbull, Jos Hooiveld, José Fonte, Kelvin Davis, Lloyd Isgrove, Matt Targett, Maya Yoshida, Nathaniel Clyne, Paulo Gazzaniga, Sam Gallagher, Sam McQueen, Steven Davis

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/13072014-saints-arrive-in-belgium-1751827.aspx#dA8xUurczwxMgjAQ.99

Highlights of our recent game against EHC Hoensbroek:

[video=youtube_share;W3Goa0A4pWU]

Edited by Mallagroth

Nice interview with Erwin on saints youtube as well

[video=youtube_share;l_iJyAcJyww]

Says at first that the players struggled with the training methods they brought as they were different to what MoPo was doing.

Edited by Mallagroth

I think they were all surprised but happy to have the balls out on day 1 based on some of the earlier video's

I remember we did that the summer before the Championship campaign and we came flying out the blocks with fantastic pass and move football that took everyone by surprise.

Southampton FC @SouthamptonFC · 16s

#SaintsFC team vs @EHC_Hoensbroek: K. Davis, Chambers, Fonte, Turnbull, Clyne, Cork, Reed, Ward-Prowse, Sinclair, McQueen, Mayuka.

subs: Gazzaniga, McCarthy, Stephens, Hooiveld, Targett, Flanningan, S. Davis, Tadić, Isgrove, Sharp, Gallagher.

Maya Yoshida, @DejanLovren05 and @ArturBoruc not yet ready for matches, while @GPelle9 only joined up with the squad last night.

(I have been looking for dutch link as there is a lot of holland media there for Koeman and Pelle but its very unlikely to have a stream anywhere)

Edited by Mallagroth

I doubt it, more likely to be just using him there until we sign a new left back to compete with Targett. Koeman said in an interview he wants two players fighting for each position.

Sounds like he's leaving the door open for Osvaldo then...

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 1m

Maya Yoshida, @DejanLovren05 and @ArturBoruc not yet ready for matches, while @GPelle9 only joined up with the squad last night. #saintsfc

Pheww....!!!!

Plus Ramirez, Wanyama, Morgan to still come back, Jay Rod from injury and 2 or 3 more signings, I don't actually think our squad looks too horrendous. Especially if 1 or 2 of the youth have a break through season, i.e. Reed or A.N. Other.

Where's Omar Rowe?

Plus Ramirez, Wanyama, Morgan to still come back, Jay Rod from injury and 2 or 3 more signings, I don't actually think our squad looks too horrendous. Especially if 1 or 2 of the youth have a break through season, i.e. Reed or A.N. Other.

Where's Omar Rowe?

On the bus back from Newcastle

The under 21's (which includes a lot of 1st and 2nd year under 18's) are staying up north until the weekend. They've played Carlisle and Newcastle already and play Sunderland on Saturday 19th July.

Hi MLG. Do you know the squad list for the under 21's northern expedition?

Southampton FC @SouthamptonFC · 16s

#SaintsFC team vs @EHC_Hoensbroek: K. Davis, Chambers, Fonte, Turnbull, Clyne, Cork, Reed, Ward-Prowse, Sinclair, McQueen, Mayuka.

pretty much the team that will start vs liverpool i would think

Hi MLG. Do you know the squad list for the under 21's northern expedition?

Line-up vs Carlisle on 11th July...

Cody Cropper (Chris Johns 46), Niall Mason (Richard Bakary 71), Josh Debayo (Ollie Cook 46), Kyle Clinton (Alfie Jones 71), Will Wood (Colm Deasy 51), Armani Little (Chris Regis 61), Jake Flannigan (Stuart Wilkin 71), Mark Irvine (Josh Sims 41), Jake Hesketh, Omar Rowe, Ryan Seager (Marcus Barnes 61)

Line-up vs Newcastle on 15th July...

Chris Johns (Cody Cropper 46), Colm Deasy (Richard Bakary 62), Ollie Cook (Alfie Jones 46), Niall Mason, Josh Debayo, Armani Little (Joe Lea 59), Chris Regis, Jake Hesketh (Mark Irvine 70), Josh Sims (Dan Demkiv 46), Omar Rowe (Harley Willard 70), Ryan Seager (Marcus Barnes 70).

Southampton FC @SouthamptonFC · 24s

33: Sweet strike by Reed parried away well by Grootaers, with Olaf Rompelberg preventing Sinclair from following up. #saintsfc [0-1]

no mention of mayuka yet…

(edit:typical

) Edited by Mallagroth