Saints Pre Season Thread

Mallagroth

IF we can keep a strong back four , and have Morgan and VW in front of them then we will be very hard to score against , factor into that the pressing game from the other midfielders and the fact potentially that we have improved our scoring potential generally i think we should be excited by the prospects for this season .

Our problems last year were , lack of depth and we didnt grasp games where we dominated , also we were very one paced attacking . I think those issues wil be addressed.

Judging from the interview I would say Targett will be the new 1st team LB next season

[video=youtube;G0UG-IpJrYQ]

I'm impressed with how well all of our youngsters come across in interviews. They speak clearly and fluently, present themselves well as young professionals and are a credit to themselves and our academy.

It really does bode well for our future that we have the next batch of stars on the conveyor belt. James Ward-Prowse, Chambers and Shaw arrived on the scene not so long ago. Just how close is this next batch to stepping up?

I'm impressed with how well all of our youngsters come across in interviews. They speak clearly and fluently, present themselves well as young professionals and are a credit to themselves and our academy.

Flannigan plays the piano very well and all, we produced cultured players!

What a great interview! We have some real talent at this club and they came across as as a bunch of guys who know where they are going! Made some of the ridiculously paid pr**ks that we see on TV every week doing interviews look very stupid!

What a great interview! We have some real talent at this club and they came across as as a bunch of guys who know where they are going! Made some of the ridiculously paid pr**ks that we see on TV every week doing interviews look very stupid!

Wait till they earn big bucks and dating strippers

Subs list is, defense aside, woeful. Should hopefully have a few more additions by the Bournemouth game.

Remember that squad tonight is missing...

Clyne

Lovren

Schneiderlin

Wanyama

Ramirez

and dare I say... Osvaldo

Add all of them to a match day 18 and the squad is a lot stronger.

Also, to write off some of the youngsters before you've seen them play a reasonable amount of games is a little harsh to say the least! The club have a great track record of using high quality teenagers in Premier League games.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Subs list is, defense aside, woeful. Should hopefully have a few more additions by the Bournemouth game.

@SouthamptonFC: #SaintsFC substitutes vs @sportinghasselt (1 of 2): Boruc, Gazzaniga, Chambers, Fonte,Yoshida, Turnbull, Flannigan, Reed[/b], Sharp, McQueen, Sinclair, Mayuka, Gallagher

Thankfully most of them are defenders, But clearly you are a wum and you are writing off our academy then. Try harder Barry

REALLY?!?!?

Lovren I've long assumed would go... Hope Clyne doesn't go though.

Lovren and Schneiderlin, one can accept that, Clyne..not so much, especially if he goes to Stoke or Palarse or something. Still we have Chambers and no doubt another academy

hotshot for the position.

Still could be worse, I read today that Blackpool only have 8 players or something. Perhaps we could entice them to buy some of our crap.

@SouthamptonFC: #SaintsFC substitutes vs @sportinghasselt (1 of 2): Boruc, Gazzaniga, Chambers, Fonte,Yoshida, Turnbull, Flannigan, Reed[/b], Sharp, McQueen, Sinclair, Mayuka, Gallagher

Thankfully most of them are defenders, But clearly you are a wum and you are writing off our academy then. Try harder Barry

Of course not. I believe of those in bold only Boruc is a proven PL performer. Do you disagree?

Of course not. I believe of those in bold only Boruc is a proven PL performer. Do you disagree?

You used the word woeful, that I disagree with. Your new question is very different. Don't now move the target to try and sound like your trying to have an actual discussion.

Pellè is having a good debut so far...

Southampton FC@SouthamptonFC 5m

3: Early chance for #SaintsFC as @GPelle9 chests it to James Ward-Prowse, but Hasselt goalkeeper Dylan Swinnen tips his shot wide. [0-0]

Southampton FC@SouthamptonFC 3m

GOAL: @sportinghasselt 0-1 @SouthamptonFC (Graziano Pellè 5) #saintsfc

Southampton FC@SouthamptonFC 2m

5: #SaintsFC take an early lead through debutant Pellè, who converts @lloyd_isgrove’s cross from close range. Calm finish. [0-1]

Edited by Matthew Le God