Any update on Clasie ?

bjk

Could be fit for Sunday according to Koeman.

Wonder if he will play anyway, looks like he could do with a training camp for a couple of weeks or he will keep picking up injuries. The PL is miles quicker than Dutch football.

Stick him on the bench to start with

Any news?

BBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport 10h10 hours ago

#saintsfc Jordy Clasie trained today & will tomorrow. Erwin Koeman said he was not risked to get his fitness right with whole season in mind

Looks likely he'll be available in some capacity for Everton.

Hard to tell one way or another given that his statement was nothing to do with the unfortunate injury.

And if he was injured, why would be admitted it on Twitter?

When he came off injured against Vitesse I'm pretty sure he didnt mention it and just said something about being pleased to play.

Starts for U21s this evening (7pm)

Gazzaniga, Gape, McCarthy ©, Wood, Debayo, Clasie, Reed, Hesketh, McQueen, Isgrove, Barnes. Substitutes: Isted (GK), Cook, Sims, Olomola, Little.

23:10 Haha That no look opening of him is brilliant.

I am unable to feel confident about Clasie's injury situation. The season has barely begun and he's been clobbered and out injure. How is he going to stand up to playing in the Premier League. He's so small and despite there being precedents of many small players as tough as nails, he doesn't strike me as being one. Even Mané looks tougher and holds his own better.

I am unable to feel confident about Clasie's injury situation. The season has barely begun and he's been clobbered and out injure. How is he going to stand up to playing in the Premier League. He's so small and despite there being precedents of many small players as tough as nails, he doesn't strike me as being one. Even Mané looks tougher and holds his own better.

Did you see last nights collision?

Did you see last nights collision?

Based on the nonsense he just posted I doubt it, but you never know with ART.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Because Harrison Reed is 6.7ft.

We've barely seen him play and most players would have suffered a knock with the accidental challenge on him yesterday.

Art, he wasn't "clobbered" - he suffered a hamstring strain, which is far from unusual at this end of the season.

This might provide some reassurance about his durability:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/jordy-clasie/verletzungen/spieler/104223

he played u21's though.....

and the assist he gave for barnes first goal was absolutely phenomenal

He got injured in the U21's. It's a ligaments in his knee from the looks of it as a player rolled into his standing leg and his foot stayed planted and his knee twisted a little. Think back to Lallana against Reading at home in our first season back in the Premier League.

He got injured in the U21's. It's a ligaments in his knee from the looks of it as a player rolled into his standing leg and his foot stayed planted and his knee twisted a little. Think back to Lallana against Reading at home in our first season back in the Premier League.

oh wow, I didn't realise at all. Not good news.

Doubt its knee, looked like ankle last night and the report of the boot/The Spire woud tend to suggest foot ss well. He wouldn't have been ready for a start Saturday, might have made the bench at a push.

High ankle sprain? Which would be unfortunate..

Of course, it's not uncommon to roll your ankle and suffer only a minor sprain and wear a boot for precautionary reasons.

How is he going to stand up to playing in the Premier League. He's so small and despite there being precedents of many small players as tough as nails, he doesn't strike me as being one. Even Mané looks tougher and holds his own better.

Clasie is tough enough. His shoulder is a weak point as he dislocates it every now and then but it was never a reason to be replaced at Feyenoord. A hamstring or knee injury is something else off course but that goes for any player.