Markus Liebherr RIP. All tributes here please.

camdijk

I only just found out on the South Today news as I have just got back from holiday today and I am still Absolutely Gutted that this Great Man in Markus Liebherr had suddenly passed away and if it wasn't for him and Cortese then I don't think that we would be here now and especially Liebherr is a top man as well :)!

RIP Markus You Legend!!

First of all I'd like to wish his family well, their grief must be nothing in comparison to ours.

I'd like to thank Mr. Liebherr for devoting his time and resources to us and giving us a club to be proud of once again. If his efforts with our club are anything to go by, he must have truly been a great man.

Thank you Mr. Liebherr, rest in peace.

My thoughts go out to all of his family and friends.

For what Markus has done for our club I will be eternally grateful. At one point last year I was trying to mentally prepare myself for how I would feel when I no longer had a club to support. Because of him I never had to go though that.

For saving us Markus you have become a legend of Southampton FC. In such a short period of ownership you provided me with more happiness they any other season spent supporting saints. I will never forget my day at Wembley that would have not been possible without you.

I wish to echo previous posts in suggesting that the ground is renamed in his memory. Without hijm there would be no Saints, it is the least he deserves.

Come on you Saints, win the league for Markus.

Heart goes out to his family and friends. A modest man who literally saved our club and embraced it with so much enthusiasm which was clear to see... a real fan who will be sadly missed.

Any tribute will be supported by me, from 'The Liebherr Academy' to the The Markus Liebherr Stadium, as long as its lasting, so we dont forget what he did for us.

I only heard this tragic news this morning.

My sincere condolences to the great mans family and friends.

Markus will always be remembered as the man who rescued this great club from despair and put it back on the right track to success. Therefore a fitting, lasting memorial should be adopted by the club as a tribute to this mans integrity, passion and vision and for all he has done in such a short time for the Saints.

The Markus Liebherr Stadium would certainly get my support.

RIP Markus and heartfelt thanks

I heard this news late last night, and I am truly stunned and shocked... like everyone else here my thoughts are with his family at a time like this.

In some ways I don't think there could be a tribute that the club could make that would be fitting for what he did for Southampton Football Club, but a return to the premiership would be a start ;)

RIP Herr Liebherr

Nice: R.I.P Markus Liebherr - from a Man City fan. - Great guy, all you wanted was abit of success, well you've got it by taken over as owner of Southampton and they are great fans. R.I.P and I hope Southampton can carry his dream on and proceed to the Premiership.

My sincerest condolences to Markus's family and friends.

Markus thankyou for all you did for Southampton football club, you truly were our saviour and you will never be forgotton by Saints Fans.

Your association with the club was all too short but hopefully your legacy will live on for a very very long time.

RIP.

A very sad day and my thoughts are with his family.

The word legend is often overused, but despite that we have had a number of legends at the club including off the pitch. Markus was definately one of those - never has one man had such a positive effect on the Saints in such a short space of time.

I would agree with those calls for re-naming the stadium as the Markus Liebherr Stadium.

RIP Markus.

Completely shocked. Maybe this may explain why things on the transfer front have been quiet. The papers are reporting this morning that he had been I'll. They are also reporting that Markus made sure that in the event of his death his wishes for Southampton continue to be carried out.

What can I say? A true legend who saved the club I love from extinction, and even in death has ensured that the club has a bright future. R.I.P Markus. Always remembered.

rip markus your a legend that word is always over used but you truly are, saved Southampton Football Club and gave us all hope and promise which we needed wen we thought we were going to be morning the death of the club last season but now we sadly lose our saviour.

Rename the stadium or a stand after ML

My endearing memory of Marcus Liebherr was the obvious joy he had when the fans showed their appreciation of him when his picture came up on the big screen at Wembley. he can rest knowing he was adored by the clubs fanbase and i dont think he had an enemy within us

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})