Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

I thought Fred played for Lyon?! Or am I going mad?

I'm not sure I believe the £1.7m release fee, but would definitely be worth a shot for that price!

Definitely heard it on the BBC coverage as 1.7 million however weather the commentator just made it up could be completely plausible.

I think quite a few clubs will be after him

Definitely heard it on the BBC coverage as 1.7 million however weather the commentator just made it up could be completely plausible.

I doubt Fred would want to come back to europe after spending 4 years with Lyon already.

I doubt Fred would want to come back to europe after spending 4 years with Lyon already.

I would be happy to sign JD - He is still a good player and we would get him for a good price. I'm not bothered that he was a Skate.Alan Ball managed the skates and then become the Saints manager! We were all pretty happy at the time. Footballers love playing and just want to win and play at the higest level possible. Sign him up.

Why do so many people think Remy is great? A handful of goals in a short spell with a club. Based on the longer term he doesn't seem that great at all, seemed happy to go to QPR which is always worrying, and then there's the questionable off the field activities. So many better strikers out there for that money.

He went to QPR for the £'s thats fine, I can understand that. Id do the same, especially as youre looking at either Newcastle or QPR. Different if the options are Man U or QPR.

Similar could be said of Ramirez who picked us over other because of cash

wow Swansea have now moved for Nasser Chadli and Bony...2 cracking players

Chadli can play either wing and scores for fun...and yes he is Belgium...very jealous/annoyed we aren't in for him...

he is like a much better/ more polished version of Ince...come on Saints !!!

No way is Chadli better than Ince who is a player we all know is the second coming of jesus christ.

talking about foreign myths what about younes belhanda? sure he was unveiled as a kiev player, but the newspapers in france say he hasn't signed the contract and has changed his mind about signing for them

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/younes-belhanda-presented-as-dynamo-kiev-player-changes-his-mind-wants-out-lequipe/

On paper maybe. But who plays with 2 strikers now? And their main gameplan is built around Nolan playing off the striker. He's awful in a central midfield two, he's pretty much just a deep striker.

Carroll, Bony and Nolan in a forward three ? I wonder what sort of tactics they are going to use then :facepalm:

FWIW if Carroll stays injury free I reckon he will have a good season, I thought WHU were in debt though ?

Carroll, Bony and Nolan in a forward three ? I wonder what sort of tactics they are going to use then :facepalm:

FWIW if Carroll stays injury free I reckon he will have a good season, I thought WHU were in debt though ?

Two big men up front, couple of pacy wingers out wide, get the ball into the mixer for for Nolan to pick up the empties. Is it 1986 again?

Well Wigan went down, but given their size they did amazingly well to stay up so long, and primarily down to playing football the right way. It also won them an FA Cup. WH would do very well to win a cup, as IMO they won't meet a succession of teams who'll succumb to their physical direct approach. There's just built in limits to playing that way IMO.

it wont take much for the west ham faithful to turn on big sam, with his style

I would like a rumour or two, it's a slow day.

Can someone make one up for me, preferably Twitter based and linking someone sh1thot on FM but completely unseen by any of us in 'real life'?

here you go

Southampton are attempting to bring Ajax winger Viktor Fischer to St Marys and that they have almost completed deals for Inter Milan's Japanese international full-back Yuto Nagatomo and Napoli striker Lorenzo Insigne.

here you go

Southampton are attempting to bring Ajax winger Viktor Fischer to St Marys and that they have almost completed deals for Inter Milan's Japanese international full-back Yuto Nagatomo and Napoli striker Lorenzo Insigne.

In fairness Insigne is sh1thot in real life too......

Southampton are set to sign Basle duo Mohamed Salah and Valentin Stocked in a €16m deal.

Source: Blick

I remember Salah. Isnt he that fella that gave spurs a torrid time?

stocked or Stocker?...cant remember him