Cuco Martina - Signs Two Year Deal (Official)

mcbendy

Proof that it's also already been posted into the all-encompassing Summer Transfer Window thread, too.

Yes, good point. Let's merge the 'Toby', 'Schneiderlin' and all other threads into that one. That would be really sensible.

What you really mean is "I got there first! Me, me, me, look at me!". Which is rather childish and tiresome. This forum should be about a shared love of and interest in Saints, not egotistical willy-waving.

Anyway... delightful as this distraction is, how about we actually discuss the potential signing, rather than argue about who copy-pasted the news from Twitter first and where the appropriate place to copy-paste it to was???

Yes, good point. Let's merge the 'Toby', 'Schneiderlin' and all other threads into that one. That would be really sensible.

What you really mean is "I got there first! Me, me, me, look at me!". Which is rather childish and tiresome. This forum should be about a shared love of and interest in Saints, not egotistical willy-waving.

Anyway... delightful as this distraction is, how about we actually discuss the potential signing, rather than argue about who copy-pasted the news from Twitter first and where the appropriate place to copy-paste it to was???

Good job you're not too bothered by it, really. :lol:

Sounds like a utility player to bolster the squad for European competition. I know literally nothing of him but according to that Dutch journalist, he's one of Twente's better players.

The black box was seemingly dominated by Italian based players previously.

Not sure what the problem is. Surly it's an advantage that the coaches/manager know the said player? And also the input of new signings needs to be fundamentally rubber stamped by the management, not just plucked out of a black box for them to work with.

Good job you're not too bothered by it, really. :lol:

Sounds like a utility player to bolster the squad for European competition. I know literally nothing of him but according to that Dutch journalist, he's one of Twente's better players.

Hmm, most fans of FC Twente dislike him. He's quick and he can defend but he made some big mistakes last season and he has some difficulty to pass a ball to a teammate.

On the other hand: Erwin Koeman knows Martina from the time he was coach at RKC Waalwijk so he must know his potential. Besides that, in the PL you don't have to be a technical skilled player to be a defender right? :)

The black box was seemingly dominated by Italian based players previously.

Not sure what the problem is. Surly it's an advantage that the coaches/manager know the said player? And also the input of new signings needs to be fundamentally rubber stamped by the management, not just plucked out of a black box for them to work with.

Probably a load of players to choose from and then koeman can give recommendations based on his knowledge. Seems like a good idea to me.

Moisander, Bjelland, van Beek, Rekik, Kongolo, Botteghin, Kashia, Viergever, Bruma, Isimat, Otigba, van der Werff, Sainsbury, van Aken, Bijker, Peters, Bengtsson, Fischer, Leeuwin.

Not to spoil the fun, but the list above are Eredivisie centre backs who are either better or have performed better last season than Martina imo.

Twente fans are laughing their ass off and even offer to personally drop him off at the St. Mary's. Their fans state (http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=249823) that he is mediocre, even for Twente standards.

This is SA to a tea. Trolls Twitter looking for an obscure link, races here to post it. Sometimes passing stuff off as his own e.g. This mornings tweet about the "North London Yobbos".

Sad really.

Anyway, don't really know much about the player. I've had the obligatory FM stalk and he looks ok. Can't imagine he's anything more than a squad player adding depth rather than a TA/NC replacement.

Confirmed by Ronald as 'close'. Utility defender who can play in three of the four defensive positions (he didn't specify which). Needed an extra defender, plus Bertrand out for 5-6 weeks after surgery on both knees.

Twente fans are laughing their ass off and even offer to personally drop him off at the St. Mary's. Their fans state (http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=249823) that he is mediocre, even for Twente standards.

Sounds much like how some on this forum react when someone is rumoured to be leaving. It usually has little to do with the technical ability of the player.

Sounds much like how some on this forum react when someone is rumoured to be leaving. It usually has little to do with the technical ability of the player.

not really. didnt see much of that sort of reaction when clyne/shaw left

Spent last season in FC Twente's Reserves - will try and keep an open mind but his pedigree is certainly nothing to write home about.

No he didn't, he started 31 out of 34 league games in 2014/15 in the Eredivisie. He played in 32 out of 34 league games for their first team.

No he didn't, he started 31 out of 34 league games in 2014/15 in the Eredivisie. He played in 32 out of 34 league games for their first team.

We're not interested in 1 year ago, tell us about this year.

This new chap is a right back though, isn't he

Koeman said he's a utility defender and he's played LB in the past, though I don't know if its his best position. All I know is that there's a link between Bertrand's surgery and his arrival. Whether its specifically to beef the LB position or provide general defensive cover is anyone's guess.

Koeman said he's a utility defender and he's played LB in the past, though I don't know if its his best position. All I know is that there's a link between Bertrand's surgery and his arrival. Whether its specifically to beef the LB position or provide general defensive cover is anyone's guess.

probably competition for RB and 'can play' LB like clyne did. So covers for Bertrand when he is out...in my head anyway