Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Hope they know what they are doing

If we're asking 70 million, yes it's far too much. We want to keep him apparently so we seem to be asking a price that no-one will consider paying. We'll see whether we have the resolve to turn down any realistic offer over 40 million.

If we're asking 70 million, yes it's far too much. We want to keep him apparently so we seem to be asking a price that no-one will consider paying. We'll see whether we have the resolve to turn down any realistic offer over 40 million.

I think its safe to say that we would do nothing but laugh if someone offered 40 millions considering we had no internest to sit at the table with Liverpool who allegedly were prepared to pay up to 60 millions.

Hope they know what they are doing

Hopefully they are showing some back bone and putting down a marker that we will actually hold onto our good players this summer..

..next step is to clear out the average dross in the team that's probably easier said than done though....

Hopefully they are showing some back bone and putting down a marker that we will actually hold onto our good players this summer..

..next step is to clear out the average dross in the team that's probably easier said than done though....

depends if we'll have the wherewithal to pay for above average, definitely not dross replacements really doesn't it.

If we're going down the 12-13 million pot luck road again as we did last season with Hojberg and Boufal there's no guarantee that we'll be any better than now.

thing is, no one forced VvD to sign a very long term deal recently. No gun was put to his head.

He could have not signed it and no doubt, got his move this summer (he still might)

Doubt it, if he hadn't signed the new contract he still would have had a contract till 2020 and then there would be no reason to sell him if the club desperately want to keep hold on to him.

I see only one problem tho, a mediocre season with us (or another injury) and he will be worth jack **** next summer especially with a world cup where he wont be in the first place.

And with reports of 50m+ bids this summer, thats a high stakes poker game.

Thats one hell of a tricky spot and im not fond of tricky spots in football cause there's simply no reason to get yourself in one.

Doubt it, if he hadn't signed the new contract he still would have had a contract till 2020 and then there would be no reason to sell him if the club desperately want to keep hold on to him.

I see only one problem tho, a mediocre season with us (or another injury) and he will be worth jack **** next summer especially with a world cup where he wont be in the first place.

And with reports of 50m+ bids this summer, thats a high stakes poker game.

Thats one hell of a tricky spot and im not fond of tricky spots in football cause there's simply no reason to get yourself in one.

A footballers past always skews his current value. Even if he has a mediocre season next season, he'll still be worth upwards of £30million.

Some scousers still think they have a shot at signing VVD, if they pay the full, ridiculous £70 million, and Stuart Pearce is not helping things:

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2017/06/11/liverpool-can-still-sign-virgil-van-dijk/

It reminds me of that scene in Dumb and Dumber..."so you're telling me there's a chance..."

It's almost like the press/media don't want anyone to break the stronghold if the top 6 teams especially not little Southampton. Can't believe that's what drives this speculation though.

Would love to see the public statement from VVD that he wants to move.......surley they having made that up?

It's almost like the press/media don't want anyone to break the stronghold if the top 6 teams especially not little Southampton. Can't believe that's what drives this speculation though.

Would love to see the public statement from VVD that he wants to move.......surley they having made that up?

����������

Really? Talk about clutching at straws....

VVD has been talking to Liverpool, City, Chelsea, etc. and you really think that he wants to stay?

He has shown himself up to be as a big a scumbag as Klopp and the rest of the bin dippers.

Some scousers still think they have a shot at signing VVD, if they pay the full, ridiculous £70 million, and Stuart Pearce is not helping things:

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2017/06/11/liverpool-can-still-sign-virgil-van-dijk/

It reminds me of that scene in Dumb and Dumber..."so you're telling me there's a chance..."

If Liverpool stopped d*cking around and actually bid £65m+ they would get him.

The scousers seem convinced that VVD is desperate to join them. This is the bit I don't get with no quotes anywhere to back it up.

Has he just told them he'd accept their terms and was interested if a price could be agreed or would he sell his mother at this stage to move there?

Guess the main question at this point is would he turn down all others just for a Klopp cuddle or are the bigger boys still in the game?

If Liverpool stopped d*cking around and actually bid £65m+ they would get him.

Not now they won't. How can saints sell him to Liverpool now with out looking complete c unts sure if Chelsea or City comes in with a big offer he goes but I can't see us selling him or anyone else to Liverpool this summer.

I suppose it's very opportune for Kruger to publically state "we are not going to sell VVD" when there is almost certainly an agreement with slander that he won't be sold until the potential take over is complete. Kruger didn't say Southampton FC will not sell BBC this summer, he said "we won't sell him".

I suppose it's very opportune for Kruger to publically state "we are not going to sell VVD" when there is almost certainly an agreement with slander that he won't be sold until the potential take over is complete. Kruger didn't say Southampton FC will not sell BBC this summer, he said "we won't sell him".

did that take you ages to come up with that one? jeez......

Still feel its likely VVD will go this summer but hooefully Saints will simply refuse to sell to Liverpool at any price, no matter what.

He will get a move soon anyway with the amount of top sides tracking him, so not like he would be short of options.

Still feel its likely VVD will go this summer but hooefully Saints will simply refuse to sell to Liverpool at any price, no matter what.

He will get a move soon anyway with the amount of top sides tracking him, so not like he would be short of options.

I imagine he will end up at Liverpool.

At least Les Reed can 'claim' he did all he could whilst taking all of Pools money .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Not so sure, think that they'll baulk at the asking price and get someone else in. I will be staggered if they really give us anything north of 50 million.

the orchested campaign begins. I thought Liverpool footaball club had put out a statement that they had withdrawn their interest and had apologised to our fans. Thus admitting they are causing us offence and upset, in these times of claims perhaps we should have the help of an ambulance chasing lawyer on this as ' the stress of Liverpools now renewed interest is causing us much strain and we cant sleep, and are having to get medication to help stop it.'

the orchested campaign begins. I thought Liverpool footaball club had put out a statement that they had withdrawn their interest and had apologised to our fans. Thus admitting they are causing us offence and upset, in these times of claims perhaps we should have the help of an ambulance chasing lawyer on this as ' the stress of Liverpools now renewed interest is causing us much strain and we cant sleep, and are having to get medication to help stop it.'

Bof, all's fair in love, war and football transfers...

I see the press briefings from Anfield have started again....

Articles in both the Times and the Telegraph today.

It really is time for them to be banned from the transfer market.

From reading the Telegraph article by Bascombe, Liverpool are waiting for VVD to throw his toys out of the pram before they swoop back into the picture.