Koeman Sacked - Official

Delmary

Must have been pretty wild in Ayrshire, I'm surprised that the course was actually open ??

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scotland-braced-battered-storm-brian-11372396

Sunday - strong winds with bit of rain, playable but tough conditions.

Monday was ideal golf weather.

Course changes and hotel refurbishment top class.

Mane was seen by Koeman in a big Salzburg win in a EUFA cup, Pelle played for him at Feyenord, Tadic was described as the best player in Holland. Seems more to do with Koeman than Reed.

Whilst I agree, its a pointless argument. Can't cherry pick only good signings. Look at Martina.

Probably not if Derry's favourite game was beating Arsenal 4-0...

Make it up as you go why don't you! I didn't say favourite game but it was a brilliant turning point, with perfect tactics helped by that spectacular bender from Martina. Favourite might be 3rd div Saints 5-1 third round cup win v 1st div Man City, Fight back v Forest followed by the replay, Celtic winning the European Cup, Real Madrid beating Eintracht 7-3 and Saints winning the cup as just a few.

Mane was seen by Koeman in a big Salzburg win in a EUFA cup, Pelle played for him at Feyenord, Tadic was described as the best player in Holland. Seems more to do with Koeman than Reed.

Koeman stated in an interview that although that the club were already tracking the players. He just happened to agree having also seen them.

Koeman stated in an interview that although that the club were already tracking the players. He just happened to agree having also seen them.

Do you believe all the clubs PR? Very naive if so.

I’m guessing Koeman said he wanted x player, the club scouted, ran through the black box then agreed.

Didn’t the club say something similar when we signed Pied? It’s all PR bull**** to make the club’s scouting/recruitment policy look fantastic.

From what I’m led to believe a number of players are tracked and brought in by Ross Wilson (Gabbi and Hoedt I know we tracked for about 2 years), but it’s certainly not the case for every player like Les likes to make out.

Saints track loads of players but koeman wanted Pelle Tadic Mane and also contact with Alderweireld .....nothing to do with les Reed ! Les Reed sigmed Juanmi and Caulker on loan .

Saints track loads of players but koeman wanted Pelle Tadic Mane and also contact with Alderweireld .....nothing to do with les Reed ! Les Reed sigmed Juanmi and Caulker on loan .
Yeah that's right, Les signed all the deadwood and had nothing to do with any of our numerous successful signings, nothing at all.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Is Shane long a Koeman or Les signing. I believe Koeman asked Les for somebody who was used to the English game, and could play up front in a wider roll or down the middle. Les gave him 3 options and Long was one of them.

I suggest most of our signings are along these lines, with the manager identifying where we need strengthening & describing the type of player he wants . I’d imagine the club then short list 3 or 4 they’ve been tracking and Les gets to work on seeing who realistically can come in. It’s too simplistic to say X is a Manager signing and Y is a Les one. Some stick out, Pelle clearly didn’t look a Saints buy, but we needed to replace Lovren.Toby could have been on our radar, but being managed by Koeman enabled us to seal the deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Do you believe all the clubs PR? Very naive if so.

I’m guessing Koeman said he wanted x player, the club scouted, ran through the black box then agreed.

Didn’t the club say something similar when we signed Pied? It’s all PR bull**** to make the club’s scouting/recruitment policy look fantastic.

From what I’m led to believe a number of players are tracked and brought in by Ross Wilson (Gabbi and Hoedt I know we tracked for about 2 years), but it’s certainly not the case for every player like Les likes to make out.

Surely much more naive to believe the mongs on here who push the line that all the good signings were Konman’s and all the poor ones were down to Les. Mane went from a Les signing after his first 10 games to a Ronald one once he started to play well.

Anyhow, if Konman is so great at signing players then how come he spunked all Everton’s money up the wall or was that Les’s fault as well ?

Surely much more naive to believe the mongs on here who push the line that all the good signings were Konman’s and all the poor ones were down to Les. Mane went from a Les signing after his first 10 games to a Ronald one once he started to play well.

Anyhow, if Konman is so great at signing players then how come he spunked all Everton’s money up the wall or was that Les’s fault as well ?

I'm not saying that at all - I'm merely pointing out that managers have a lot more say in transfers that Les likes to make out.

To my knowledge Reed has always said transfers are a group effort, with the manager one of several figures involved in deciding who to go for. I've never seen Reed or anyone else at the club take personal credit for signing a player. Anyone care to show me otherwise?

May well have happened like that but judging by his record at Everton I’m guessing that the black box probably told him to **** off a few dozen times before he got to Tadic, Mane etc.

May well have happened like that but judging by his record at Everton I’m guessing that the black box probably told him to **** off a few dozen times before he got to Tadic, Mane etc.

You're probably right in your summary of things at Saints, but I don't think Koeman should exclusively take the blame for Everton's transfer policy. I suspect that the DoF brought in from Leicester was like a kid in a sweetshop spending big and throwing money around.