Spurs 5 Saints 2 - Post Match

St Chalet

I assumed Boufal was brought in to play top of a diamond. Never happened. Ahead of Hoj, Romeu and Lemina he'd have plenty of space. Then Gabbiadini and new signing (Dembele?) up front together. can easily become 433 with Gabbiadini and Boufal drifting wider.

Errrr you seem to be talking technical tactics here???

That is something way over a Pellugrino’s head... Pellegrino does not understand tactics and coaching...

Pellegrino has no ‘drifting wide’ strategy. In fact it is the opposite..... As soon as we gain possession the wide players are told to run flat out for the centre circle..... Watch the game in detail and you will see this...Pelligrino is honestly in cloud cookoo land.

There is no wide outlet!

This guy is a total nightmare...

Why hasn’t he been sacked yet?? This is becoming a total farse !!!

.....and a broken clock is right twice a day.

I would agree but I could see at the time what people are now describing in retrospect. This decline did not happen overnight but started up to 3 years ago. It has been gradual and of course in the last few months is accelerating at brake neck speed. But, I will say again, the arrogance and complacency set in some time ago.

Pretty blunt analysis on Match of the Day.

Players weren't playing for the manager.

Fans should be worried for team

Lack of basics and as if team were fed up and didn't want to be there.

Blindingly obvious that something is seriously wrong.

Did they mention Hoddle?

That hurt didn't it, you forgot 'embarrassing'.

I was there today but wanted to see motd, just to check i wasn't dreaming.

It isn't difficult to see where the dressing room issues are. They are blindingly obvious when you see the game live.

Tadic Redmond and VVD are obvious malcontents, but add Long to that list. He was in a major sulk today frequently hanging around way offside after an attack, moaning at other players. I have my suspicions about Hoedt as well, but no evidence just a feeling. He played ok today though.

Demi Ali is a great footballer and knew that Forster can't cover low shots. Cue low shot for his goal, too easy.

Not overly bothered about losing, it happens, seen worse. 19 points is a reasonable start for a new manager if the club takes action now.

The lack of fight and team camaraderie really bothers me.

So needed in this order.

New goalkeeper

New right back

2 new forwards plus a recall for Gallagher

1 attacking midfielder

2 attacking wide players or use youth players.

Make PEH captain he cares.

Sell VVD Redmond Long and Tadic to fund nrw players

Sack MP

Appoint Strachan or similar for short term fix

Get in some decent coaches

Send Reed to China and hide his phone

Instigate double training to raise fitness levels.

Practise shooting first time no 2nd touch

Obviously new players and manager are crucial.

Maybe given that lot MP can sort it out but doubt it.

Palace game is going to be intetesting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wonder if Reed can continue to overlook things when this is being trotted out in mainstream media ?

Shocking. Romeu was dreadful, directly at fault for two goals and sloppy as hell throughout. Lemina disinterested. We needed the midfield at it but only PEH turned up so that was the match lost right there.

The players heads don't seem right. The poor performances of the players is not as a result of inability or poor coaching, they just ain't performing. Another manager may get them playing but something is very amiss and if we stay up I'll be very surprised.

Shocking. Romeu was dreadful, directly at fault for two goals and sloppy as hell throughout. Lemina disinterested. We needed the midfield at it but only PEH turned up so that was the match lost right there.

The players heads don't seem right. The poor performances of the players is not as a result of inability or poor coaching, they just ain't performing. Another manager may get them playing but something is very amiss and if we stay up I'll be very surprised.

7/1 to be relegated. Generous given how the team are performing.

He is not having a good season. Because he was so good last season he doesn't get criticised. He needs to get back to his best quickly.

Pretty much, it shouldn't really be a surprise that we're strugging to score goals when those are our creative force. Boufal and Hoj should play every week for me, let them build up some understanding and form. Midfield 3 of Hoj, Lemina with Romeu sitting deepest. Boufal playing off of Gabbiadni and.....our new signing...(whoever that may be). Push Cedric and Bertrand forward to create the width, get Hoj and Lemina to cover full back when they push forward as they're the most mobile. We kinda played that way against Everton at home and it worked, but then we changed it again.

Although one positive, we haven't had many blanks recently.......it's just the other end that is screwed now.

Seen this talk of a mystery signing twice now. Where's it from? Itk on here?

Certainly Romeu’s decline is perhaps the most telling Bell weather.

Changing manager will not be enough, squad needs major surgery to cut out the cancer of sedition and debride the goal-less forwards.

Romeu was on record as being a fantastic supported of Puel, said he breather confidence in him and we had a good level of security in front of our back four last season, including the bore draws at the fag end of a long season in May. This is one of many, many things that have gone backwards despite hours of uninterrupted coaching time following the Wolves Reserves fiasco

Couldn't understand what Romeu was doing letting Kane get ballside...and why Jack Stephens wasn't closer to Kane for the first goal. Jack Stephens should have been close on Kane for all the corners/set pieces. Similarly Kane needs service...which he is getting in abundance and of the highest quality...that needed shutting down fro the off. On the other hand, we dont have the most capable defence...VVD...probably the best defender in the world at the moment on the bench and on his way out. We look disorganised and toothless. Cant understand Tadic on the bench either? Shane Long...yes agree with that one...good on the counter attack. Hojberg possibly not the most effective but always turns up ready to do a shift...same as Yoshida. Redmond just not Premiership quality...hopeless in a 1v1.

Couldn't understand what Romeu was doing letting Kane get ballside...and why Jack Stephens wasn't closer to Kane for the first goal. Jack Stephens should have been close on Kane for all the corners/set pieces. Similarly Kane needs service...which he is getting in abundance and of the highest quality...that needed shutting down fro the off. On the other hand, we dont have the most capable defence...VVD...probably the best defender in the world at the moment on the bench and on his way out. We look disorganised and toothless. Cant understand Tadic on the bench either? Shane Long...yes agree with that one...good on the counter attack. Hojberg possibly not the most effective but always turns up ready to do a shift...same as Yoshida. Redmond just not Premiership quality...hopeless in a 1v1.

This...

A display of total lack of preparation, organization , basic football intelligence and team spirit. On a good day you might get away with 1 or 2 players not turning up but not with 1 or 2 actually turning up out of the whole team. I wouldn't back us to beat anyone in the football league at the moment. Davis, Tadic, Forster,JWP, Redmond and Long all have to go based on not anywhere near being good enough - thats half the side although Davis and Long do try mostly. We are in the s*** as we aren't going to get in 6+ players in January that can remedy this. VVD will go anyway, should have gone months ago as hes made f*** all difference to our defence.

As for MP I really don't know what the board are waiting for, no manager at all would be better and let the players sit down and work it out for themselves, the result couldn't be worse. The frustrating thing is that there's so many mediocre sides in the PL this season outside the top 6, going down with this opposition would be a disgrace.

I actually thought we played some good attacking football, result aside, we hit the crossbar, Lloris pulled of a cracking save, we scored two, that was the up side. For them, we helped out by **** marking by Romeu, a great pass back by Long in the first half and Redmond's from their 18 yd box, back to a Spurs player on the halfway line, whilst we were committed forward, resulting in a goal. Yes, they hammered us for the first half, but we were matching them, in what was a very entertaining second half. 5-2 hurts, they could of had 6, but we could of had 4. That said, I am firmly in the MP out club, he is restricting the ability of our players, in the way he wants them to play.

Agreed. It was much better 2nd half. Romeu was a yard too slow in the first half but seemed to have enough professional pride to be right back at it when we decided to go all out attack. Trouble is, we have too many players who are not good enough - Long missed a tap in - any striker worthy of the name would have piled the ball and Vertonghen into the net. Redmond has the ability but seems to be a bit confused if there are options. He would benefit from a Harry Redknapp type 'arm round the shoulder, just play' kind of manager ie '****'. Yoshida -bless him- just isn't good enough, brave lad but doesn't seem to be able to get into the right position at key moments. Finally, Forster should have come for that cross for the first goal - anything low is a problem and shot straight at him bounce off of him. Needs to be dropped.

I hope the £75m is spent on a couple of decent players - we have a good squad but it is underperforming.