Burnley Match Thread

St Chalet

We're finding our way into this game, playing Europa competitive football has benefited Burnley as their team looks more "solid" and gelled. I think Redmond/Austin doesn't work, as Redmond is too weak and his runs are just bizarre, i hope if it continues like this that our new Basle signing is subbed on in the second half. Hopefully Ings will get some game time too today.

It's crying out for a back with with Vesterguard and Yoshida. Wonder when we'll try it...January?!

Would really free up the attack.

Surely, surely... if so many people can see it, then so can Hughes? Only reason I can think of to play 3 CB's at home is the possible Burnley aerial threat.

Doing that makes us completely impotent, launching counter attacks from the edge of our own box that break down on the half-way line or until Redmond finishes cropcircling.

We're finding our way into this game, playing Europa competitive football has benefited Burnley as their team looks more "solid" and gelled. I think Redmond/Austin doesn't work, as Redmond is too weak and his runs are just bizarre, i hope if it continues like this that our new Basle signing is subbed on in the second half. Hopefully Ings will get some game time too today.

That's nothing to do with Europa league, that's how they played last season and it's much the same side.

Even Messi would have problems with zero service

hard to score when Bertrand is the only player capable of crossing the ball. god knows why Redmond is on, JWP needs to come on, least JWP can cross, and i HATE this horrid formation, we look crap playing like this, needs to change

getting murdered still at set pieces. anyone see any difference from last season at all? Hiding poor CBs by using three and as a result sacrificing numbers in midfield and attacking threat. Why by a CB and not play 4 at the back?

HT

Lets be honest, for about 37 mins, we have been utterly appalling.

Terrible defensive shape at the back, not really tested Hart.....

This set up is disgusting......If we persist with this for more than a few games, we will be in serious trouble.

a half decent side could have been 3-0 by now against us

Armstrong, Vestergaard look good with nods to Redmond and Bertrand

But jesus, we are appalling

Woeful as expected. Only positives are Armstrong and Vestergaard both looking good. Hoedt carrying on from last season and has been awful. What a terrible player he is. The back 3 might scrape us a result at home to dross like Burnley, but we'll be in big trouble if we stick with it all season