Burnley Match Thread

St Chalet

We finally have a half minute of possession and he tries a worldy from 30 yards miles wide. Very frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That, and his main job as a defender is to be good at defending - which he's painfully not.

Then again, like Forster - he's probably just in bad form/low on confidence/carrying an injury... and he's young, so therefore guaranteed to improve. :lol:

You could make allowances if we had 4 or 5 making debuts but we have just one starting that wasn't here last season.

Really poor start

Two actually. But why is anyone surprised that we are still poor with only 2 changes from a team that nearly went down

Can I just say Wesley Hoedt has now been at fault for two awful pieces of defending. The missed header/disregarding of the ball and the 2 on 1 cl()sterf()ck which we got away with.

It's only been 20 minutes.

How this bloke is a professional footballer let alone ahead of Yoshida is beyond me. Utter cr4p.

Movement is poor

First touches and passing horrendous

Intensity and fight questionable

As with last season we just seem to have no clue when defending or attacking

Also when did BIG "lump it forward" SAM take over

Let's hope this is early nerves.... Otherwise God help us

this is a very worrying first 20 minutes of the season. Lot of problems that won't be sorted by the team gelling. Austin too slow, Redmond not good enough, Lemina isolated in midfield, 4 center backs that wouldn't make a good one if you could add them all together.

Nothing going forward and Burnley keeping possession as easily as Barca would against us.

How Redmond is in ahead of Elyounoussi is beyond me

Makes me seriously question Elyounoussi ability and potential

Everytime Redmond gets the ball you can guarantee he'll pass it to them or get tackled with absolute ease. He then normally stands blaming someone else for 10 seconds while they attack.

Didn't realise Redmond, Cedric or Romeu were on the pitch. Don't know what we'd do without Bertrand.

Also, somebody please explain to me how setting up ultra-defensively and hoofing it to the centre forward works when said CF is the least mobile in the league?

Makes me seriously question Elyounoussi ability and potential

Everytime Redmond gets the ball you can guarantee he'll pass it to them or get tackled with absolute ease. He then normally stands blaming someone else for 10 seconds while they attack.

Exactly, the myth that by playing Redmond we somehow benefit from a player with “direct running” is just garbage. The guy is a passenger.