Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 371

Thread: Relegation battle

  1. #201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    You still banging on about Burnley. Did you love Stoke a few years ago?
    Of course Iím going to mention Burnley, when the question was directly about Long and Jay-Rod / their strikers. Not going to start mentioning Norwichís record when itís completely irrelevant am I... top input though fella

  2. #202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Of course Iím going to mention Burnley, when the question was directly about Long and Jay-Rod / their strikers. Not going to start mentioning Norwichís record when itís completely irrelevant am I... top input though fella
    I can see why you want to digress from thread topic you started. I thought this was about why we are in a relegation fight. So we wouldnít be if we could be like the superstars up at Burnley.

    Did you have a moan about our fans too? Lots of us will sing Shane Longís name whereas likes of you just covet other sh1t teams players. #propersupporter

  3. #203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    I can see why you want to digress from thread topic you started. I thought this was about why we are in a relegation fight. So we wouldn’t be if we could be like the superstars up at Burnley.

    Did you have a moan about our fans too? Lots of us will sing Shane Long’s name whereas likes of you just covet other sh1t teams players. #propersupporter
    Our support is sh!t, Shane long as a striker is sh!t, Burnley players are sh!t, just better than ours (in some positions). We were in with a chance of relegation if we hadn’t won Saturday (thread started before Saturday). Hope that helps pal.

  4. #204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Our support is sh!t, Shane long as a striker is sh!t, Burnley players are sh!t, just better than ours (in some positions). We were in with a chance of relegation if we hadnít won Saturday (thread started before Saturday). Hope that helps pal.
    Your predictions are fcking sh1t. No spine

  5. Default

    I think we are probably staying up, all things considered.

  6. #206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintBobby View Post
    I think we are probably staying up, all things considered.
    No s**t Shurlock!

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  7. #207

    Default

    Not a great set of results for us today (let’s pray for an expected Liverpool win). Just goes to show how massive that win was last week.

  8. #208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Not a great set of results for us today (let’s pray for an expected Liverpool win). Just goes to show how massive that win was last week.
    They've played Norwich, WHU and Watford in recent weeks....feels so wrong wanting them to win.

  9. #209

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,945

    Default

    back in the relegation fight!

  10. #210

    Default

    #draggedbackin

  11. #211

    Default

    Terrible weekend for Villa and Brighton

    + Bournemouth
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 29-02-2020 at 06:10 PM.

  12. #212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    back in the relegation fight!
    No chance. It’s absolutely impossible that the teams below us will go on a run of form. Only we are allowed to do that.

  13. #213

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    12,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    No chance. It’s absolutely impossible that the teams below us will go on a run of form. Only we are allowed to do that.
    I honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling or just desperately trying to justify this thread with increasingly silly posts.

  14. #214

    Default

    Sure looks like at 38-40 pts will be needed for safety.

    In that regard not much has changed.

  15. #215

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    12,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Sure looks like at 38-40 pts will be needed for safety.

    In that regard not much has changed.
    No, it looks like 38 points, I.e. 1 per game, will finish 15th. If I had to bet, Iíd say someone will stay up on 36.

  16. #216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    I honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling or just desperately trying to justify this thread with increasingly silly posts.
    No trolling here, just pointing out we are 7 points clear so 100% safe as despite playing everyone below us, there is no way that they will get 2 more wins than us. No chance at all.

    Anyhow, Didn’t you say we are better than sheff United? Let’s not talk about silly posts pal.

  17. #217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Sure looks like at 38-40 pts will be needed for safety.

    In that regard not much has changed.
    18th place is averaging under a point per game.

  18. #218

    Default

    As things stand I think Norwich, Villa , Brighton for the drop, plenty of twists to come though.

  19. #219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    18th place is averaging under a point per game.
    Absolutely no way a team in 18th place can improve and go on a run of a few wins, so that’s really good news.

  20. #220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Absolutely no way a team in 18th place can improve and go on a run of a few wins, so that’s really good news.
    It takes more than one team to improve form. It would requires others as well and if teams down the bottom to improve form will take points of each other.

  21. #221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    It takes more than one team to improve form. It would requires others as well and if teams down the bottom to improve form will take points of each other.
    You are correct sir. However, we play all of the teams below us and based on the way we’ve played in recent weeks, 3 of those points will be from us.

  22. #222

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    You are correct sir. However, we play all of the teams below us and based on the way we’ve played in recent weeks, 3 of those points will be from us.
    Funny, thought we beat Villa last week. Was that a dream?

  23. Default

    It’s still possible we’ll go down of course, but if you’re betting on it and get anything less than about 90-1, it’s a bad value bet.

  24. #224

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,945

    Default

    If you think we are already safe, you have a problem!

  25. #225

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    12,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Funny, thought we beat Villa last week. Was that a dream?
    Yep. So was the win at Villa Park. And Norwich, Watford and Brighton.

  26. #226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    If you think we are already safe, you have a problem!
    We are safe. We will not get relegated. Absolutely delighted to see SKD going into absolute meltdown yet again.

  27. #227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Absolutely no way a team in 18th place can improve and go on a run of a few wins, so thatís really good news.
    Just to check, if it was us in 18th place on 27 points you'd be on this forum absolutely adamant that we'd be staying up, yes?

    Because you have a very impressive unshakeable belief in the imminent and breathtaking turnaround in form of the teams on 27 points that surely it means you'd prefer that to be our situation too?

  28. #228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    We are safe. We will not get relegated. Absolutely delighted to see SKD going into absolute meltdown yet again.
    I'm sure we will be safe, but wouldn't say we are safe, lose the next two games and I'll be worried.

  29. #229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    We are safe. We will not get relegated. Absolutely delighted to see SKD going into absolute meltdown yet again.
    Spot on. We are currently on all the statistical prediction sites at 0.8% - 1% probability of finishing 18th. 0.8% - 1%. Chances of finishing below that are at zero. People see Ď7 points off the relegation zoneí and panic because they donít understand what else has to happen for us to drop into the bottom three, and the almost complete improbability of that happening. Still, it keeps the bedwetters nice and moist.

  30. #230

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    We are safe. We will not get relegated. Absolutely delighted to see SKD going into absolute meltdown yet again.
    Sorry, I was just quoting Ralph. I think we are safe but I must have a problem

  31. #231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    We are safe. We will not get relegated. Absolutely delighted to see SKD going into absolute meltdown yet again.
    No meltdown here buddy. But weíll done for being foolish enough to take the bait.... again

  32. #232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    I'm sure we will be safe, but wouldn't say we are safe, lose the next two games and I'll be worried.
    This is 100% correct.

  33. #233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvictaSaint View Post
    Spot on. We are currently on all the statistical prediction sites at 0.8% - 1% probability of finishing 18th. 0.8% - 1%. Chances of finishing below that are at zero. People see ‘7 points off the relegation zone’ and panic because they don’t understand what else has to happen for us to drop into the bottom three, and the almost complete improbability of that happening. Still, it keeps the bedwetters nice and moist.
    What were the odds or % probability of Watford beating Liverpool today or us going on a freak run over December / Jan? With respect, lose the next 2 and that probability will massively increase. Hence why it’s absolutely pointless looking at it.

  34. #234

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    12,329

    Default

    Yeah, if we lose the next two, then the two after that, then the next two, then two more, we might find ourselves needing a win in one of our last two games.

    I won’t sleep tonight.

  35. #235

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Yeah, if we lose the next two, then the two after that, then the next two, then two more, we might find ourselves needing a win in one of our last two games.

    I won’t sleep tonight.
    Complacency is a dangerous mistress.

  36. #236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Just to check, if it was us in 18th place on 27 points you'd be on this forum absolutely adamant that we'd be staying up, yes?

    Because you have a very impressive unshakeable belief in the imminent and breathtaking turnaround in form of the teams on 27 points that surely it means you'd prefer that to be our situation too?
    Is 2 wins more than us what youíd consider a breathtaking turnaround in form? When every one of those teams plays us? When you consider our recent history of finishing seasons limp...

  37. #237

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Is 2 wins more than us what youíd consider a breathtaking turnaround in form? When every one of those teams plays us? When you consider our recent history of finishing seasons limp...
    Four teams would have to get two more wins than us over the next ten games and at least another point as well as Newcastle having better form than us. Those four teams have got either 6 or 7 wins over the last 28 games so our form would have to absolutely fall off a cliff to the point that we fail to get about 4 points in the next ten games (a worse run of form than at any other point this season) and each of those four teams would have to improve their win ratio by about a third with a quarter of the season remaining. Statistically that is so incredibly unlikely that you really should be sticking the house on it if you think it's going to happen. We could lose our next 7 games in a row which isn't going to happen, win our 8th game and we will still stay up. Safe safe safe.

  38. Default

    We won't be relegated - but we looked like a relegation team today.

  39. #239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Is 2 wins more than us what youíd consider a breathtaking turnaround in form? When every one of those teams plays us? When you consider our recent history of finishing seasons limp...
    Why do you have so much belief that a team in 18th with 27 points is going to get the wins and points required but the team in 13th starting seven points ahead aren't going to?

    Why would you rather be 18th than 13th? It's a bit, y'know, fu cking mental ain't it?
    Last edited by CB Fry; 29-02-2020 at 09:05 PM.

  40. #240

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,848

    Default

    Another year of breathtaking sustainability awaits. I remember as kid in the play ground refusing to be Alan shearer we could not be a sustainable team unless we sold him, I chose to be Neil Maddison instead, dreaming of average academy groomed players playing in a sustainable business model team.

  41. #241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    What were the odds or % probability of Watford beating Liverpool today or us going on a freak run over December / Jan? With respect, lose the next 2 and that probability will massively increase. Hence why itís absolutely pointless looking at it.
    Youíre proving my point. Itís not about one game or one team or even a run of games; itís multiple teams over the whole season - what has been and whatís still to come. Are you suggesting all 7 of the teams below us - ignoring the fact many play each other - will all go on sudden incredible runs whilst we pick up zero points? It wonít happen. We wonít go down.

  42. #242

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    14,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    back in the relegation fight!
    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    #draggedbackin
    You two actually seem to want us to go down just to prove a point.... Wow

    We will not go down

  43. #243

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    You two actually seem to want us to go down just to prove a point.... Wow

    We will not go down
    Utter bo11ox as usual

  44. #244

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    14,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Utter bo11ox as usual
    Pot ,kettle...

    Youve been hanging around waiting for me all evening...Bless

  45. #245

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Pot ,kettle...

    Youve been hanging around waiting for me all evening...Bless
    Yeah course I have,if it makes you feel better about yourself carry on thinking that.

  46. #246

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Why do you have so much belief that a team in 18th with 27 points is going to get the wins and points required but the team in 13th starting seven points ahead aren't going to?

    Why would you rather be 18th than 13th? It's a bit, y'know, fu cking mental ain't it?
    And also the team in 17th, and 16th, and 15th, and 14th.

  47. #247

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eastleigh
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Another year of breathtaking sustainability awaits. I remember as kid in the play ground refusing to be Alan shearer we could not be a sustainable team unless we sold him, I chose to be Neil Maddison instead, dreaming of average academy groomed players playing in a sustainable business model team.
    I was Glen Cockerill

  48. #248

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Just did a predictor with an insanely unlikely set of results. I saw us picking up two more points all season and was overly generous to every team below us. We still stayed up with a loss on the last day finishing above Brighton and well clear of villa and Norwich. Safe safe safe.

  49. #249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Four teams would have to get two more wins than us over the next ten games and at least another point as well as Newcastle having better form than us. Those four teams have got either 6 or 7 wins over the last 28 games so our form would have to absolutely fall off a cliff to the point that we fail to get about 4 points in the next ten games (a worse run of form than at any other point this season) and each of those four teams would have to improve their win ratio by about a third with a quarter of the season remaining. Statistically that is so incredibly unlikely that you really should be sticking the house on it if you think it's going to happen. We could lose our next 7 games in a row which isn't going to happen, win our 8th game and we will still stay up. Safe safe safe.
    You miss understand, I donít think we will go down. I just donít think weíre as safe as everyone makes out and we cannot afford to continue to put in performances like we have against Burnley and West Ham. Which is pretty much what Ralph said after the game

  50. #250

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    You miss understand, I donít think we will go down. I just donít think weíre as safe as everyone makes out and we cannot afford to continue to put in performances like we have against Burnley and West Ham. Which is pretty much what Ralph said after the game
    You're either safe or you're not. Do you accept that the scenario I posted is insanely unlikely? If so then you agree with everyone else that relegation isn't going to happen.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •