Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

From Wikipedia. Makes a useful metaphor in all kinds of ways

Chess endgame

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In chess and chess-like games, the endgame (or end game or ending) is the stage of the game when there are few pieces left on the board.

The line between middlegame and endgame is often not clear, and may occur gradually or with the quick exchange of a few pairs of pieces. The endgame, however, tends to have different characteristics from the middlegame, and the players have correspondingly different strategic concerns. In particular, pawns become more important; endgames often revolve around attempting to promote a pawn by advancing it to the eighth rank. The king, which has to be protected in the middlegame owing to the threat of checkmate, becomes a strong piece in the endgame. It can be brought to the center of the board and be a useful attacking piece.

Bill Gillon ‏@PompeyScot

@MatthewLeGod Maybe live up to your name and do some 'research' on the situation eh?

Research? Hmmm....now where would we find 3 years of 'research' into the Pompey Takeover Saga at this time of night.

Research? Lol

Have Pompey actually been admitted to League One yet? How long do they realistically have left to get their sh*t together?

isn't their admittance dependant on them meeting these FL requirements set out today?

Mr Allen has now admitted he did say it, in May after being confronted with our evidence.

Owned :-)

His excuse is that it was as long ago as May (wow...ages ago that was...) and "things change"... No sh** Sherlock...so, knowing that things change, how about not coming out with definitive statements in the knowledge that the situation is fluid. Sigh.

Can you quote the conversation please, he has blocked me.

David Up North(ish) @S13SFC

@pn_neil_allen And there you were telling folk that #pompey wouldn't get a points deduction.

Neil Allen @pn_neil_allenS13SFC Wrong. Did a story with Birch on June 26 warning there could now be a points deduction on the way.

David Up North(ish) @S13SFCn_neil_allen you forgetting the webchat you did with quote "There will be no FL points deduction"? Post cred' meeting deduction was coming

Neil Allen @pn_neil_allen

•  

@S13SFC True, but that was in early May. Things change, including the FL

David Up North(ish) @S13SFC

@pn_neil_allen Thanks for that. We saw the deduction coming when FL insisted rewording of CVA doc'. It would appear many PFC didn't. Why?

@S13SFC Yes the re-wording of the CVA doc was at the June 25 CVA meeting. The story about possible points deduction was in paper next day.

isn't their admittance dependant on them meeting these FL requirements set out today?

The Football League have today 'offered' Pompey a place in the Football League, subject to the conditions being met. So, to answer the previous question someone asked, no, they haven't been given the 'golden share'....yet...

I actually feel slightly sorry for him now. It is quite amusing when you do it to skates though.

I wonder what he finds most embarrassing this week - his #whereskanu hash tag when it appears all all g the club knew exactly where he was, or being wrong about the Points deduction.

Both absolute lol moments on here.

Fecking unbelievable, these skates. Blah blah blah, the Football League are just out to get us etc. That comment that it's going to give the other 23 teams an advantage is hilarious. So not paying any tax since 2010 isn't gaining an advantage?

They're all moaning like they've been hard done by, they seem to forget that they haven't paid a SINGLE PENNY from their 2010 CVA, which means they were going to write off, £80m? Since then, they've neglected to pay anyone anything, and racked up a similar debt to what they couldn't afford to pay last time.

Liquidation is the only option. You think any business that wasn't a football club would get away with trading while insolvent on that scale and for that long? Would they ****.

Goodbye Portsmouth FC, once they've built a load of flats on that land, there won't be any space on that island to build a new stadium.

Not sure I agree that the fans are blameless though. They were quitprepared not to question anything during the good times. Not a single protest until it was too late.

Well yeah, I could have picked him up on that. But generally he is being very reasonable when compared to most Pompey fans I have encountered.

Tasty odds.

A double with Bet Victor of them going down at 5/1 and Saints to finish in the top 10 pays a nice 60/1. I am not that confident about us finishing in the top 10 ....but I have seen worse bets than that.

Well that is one half of the double pretty nailed on .... as long as they survive that long!!

Hard to be an attack dog against someone being so reasonable and not deluded. :(

I'm running a Saints thread on the largest Danish footy board where there's a Pompey fan running a thread too. He very much gets it, so there's no animosity between us. What makes recent events easier to discuss with him (and quite possibly Gillon and other sensible fans) is that he has wanted the crooks out for a long time - no matter the cost. His focus is not what league they compete in, if they get a points deduction, if they are competitive etc. - he looks at the future perspectives. Since January he's been in favour of a Phoenix club.

Rather more interesting fella to chat to than the usual "everybody hates us, why are we being punished twice, let's get more players in" type of fans.

I'm running a Saints thread on the largest Danish footy board where there's a Pompey fan running a thread too. He very much gets it, so there's no animosity between us. What makes recent events easier to discuss with him (and quite possibly Gillon and other sensible fans) is that he has wanted the crooks out for a long time - no matter the cost. His focus is not what league they compete in, if they get a points deduction, if they are competitive etc. - he looks at the future perspectives. Since January he's been in favour of a Phoenix club.

Rather more interesting fella to chat to than the usual "everybody hates us, why are we being punished twice, let's get more players in" type of fans.

Linky thingy?

Why all the moaning about the points penalty when its the other constraints that will more likely kill off a chainrai takeover?

Because they were born stupid and they will die stupid.

FL: Now little Skates, I've got some good news & some bad news

Skates: We only want the good news (Like they print in the News)

FL: You've only incurred a -10 points penalty

Skates: But surely that's really bad

FL: It might seem that way until you read the small print at the end of our document about secured debt and budgetry constraints...

Skates: That's too difficult for us to grasp so we won't read it. We just want our points back, it's not fair, we're the bestest, we're being victimised, they can take our points but they'll never take our spirit etc etc etc.

Bloody hell Balram. Call yourself a businessman? Yet you've been completely outmanoevered by a bunch of Trustees.

First you let them take away your 28 day exclusivity.

Then you give Birch approval to accept any "credible" bid that betters yours.

And only now you find out that they've lobbied the FL to effectively cancel the security for your debt. If only you'd known that one a couple of days ago. What a shame the land surrounding your only asset is owned by your sworn enemy. If only you could get your hands on that land.

Any self-respecting businessman would have had a back-up plan.

It's a very cute & well thought-out solution from the FL. A win-win-win situation.

The players get reasonably paid from the PP's.

Chainrai gets the bulk of his money from development of all of the combined land.

And the Trust get to own the new community phoenix club.

Can you experts enlighten me please!

1) What are the chances of the Skates meeting the criteria for entry to League 1 then?

2) Is there enough pp money coming to pay off all the people the FL want paid?

3) What time-frame do they have to achieve this?

They appear 'snookered' to me. Happy days.

Mr Gillon is actually being quite reasonable.

He's a nice bloke, I used to work with him and we were pretty matey around 1998-2001ish - but he was a Rangers fan then. He's not having a good close season. :)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})