Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Reports coming in that Kanu is threatening to claim for a load of the parachute payments...

Last I heard from Kanu in Nigeria was that he was going to return 10 million pounds to pompey but that to do this he was requesting Birch send him a million pounds as an enabling fee.

Michael Appleton remains hopeful his new first-team coach can be unveiled before the weekend.

Westwood, who had a spell as caretaker manager at Kettering last season, had joined Lincoln as a player this summer.

The hold up at present, however, is a financial one from Pompey’s side.

Now he will focus on coaching – once he is given the green light from the Football League.

You sneaky little devils.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-to-play-brighton-in-spain-1-4041896

nigeladkinsredwhitearmy

3:22 PM on 11/07/2012

Only your club would have the nerve to jet abroad for a jaunt when you have just screwed charities and local businesses. It really is time for your club to cease to exist, you have embarrassed football enough.

Sailor Sam

4:33 PM on 11/07/2012

nigeladminsredwhitearmy. Are you still a member of the Claus Lundekvam fan club? Only your club would have a captain, with team mates, who were involved in spot fixing. It really is time for your club to cease to exist, you have embarrassed football enough. With Pompey, it was the owners that cheated, with you it was both owners and players that cheated.

vanman

10:02 PM on 11/07/2012

Sailor Sam, you are not trying to suggest that a few players allegedly fiddling the first throw-in (a claim already being challenged by other players) is worse than not paying tax, stealing charity money, not paying staff, cheating local businesses, making illegal payments, tax evasion, non adherence to cva..and so on and so on...lets pick our battles better than that!!...

Sailor Sam

10:55 PM on 11/07/2012

vanman. Read what I wrote. I said that it was the owners of PFC that were the cheats, not the players. With Southampton FC it was the players that cheated on the field of play and it was the owners that cheated by having a stadium built that they could not pay for.

Oi DP how about a translation please? I don't understand that gibberish :(

Neither do I. Every farking text comes out similar. Seems my sooper duper phone decided to automatically update it's predictive text. It started in English, then I went to Italy so it added Italian and then I came back here it added Arabic. Feck knows where Norwegian came from.

God how I miss my old Nokia. (Although the whole innernet thing is useful)

I actually typed

Yeah big news for PTS D_P got his fone working. WTF damn typos on predective txt.

Visually checked each letter as I typed it and woosh it did that.

Still, on the BRIGHT side, my post was far more intelligible than anything put out by the pcfc press office in the last month.

Neither do I. Every farking text comes out similar. Seems my sooper duper phone decided to automatically update it's predictive text. It started in English, then I went to Italy so it added Italian and then I came back here it added Arabic. Feck knows where Norwegian came from.

God how I miss my old Nokia. (Although the whole innernet thing is useful)

I actually typed

Yeah big news for PTS D_P got his fone working. WTF damn typos on predective txt.

Visually checked each letter as I typed it and woosh it did that.

Still, on the BRIGHT side, my post was far more intelligible than anything put out by the pcfc press office in the last month.

TBF, I understood the goobledegook post a lot better than most of your other posts ;)

Birch said a few weeks back that PFC only had enough money to last out until the end of May. How then, is the club paying the day to day running expenses?

Because he is corrupt as the next man and does not want Pompey on his CV. He will do anything he can, by any means, to keep them alive until someone else can be seen as responsible for 'killing the club'.

But of course, nobody has the balls to be seen as the man who killed Portsmouth FC.

So the saga will continue forever and ever and Pompey will continue to rip off local businessmen, not pay their tax and buy players they can't afford because nobody is going to stop them.

UPDATE ON POMPEY SUPPORTERS TRUST BID AND COMMENT ON MILAND ADMINISTRATION

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=415:pst-update-on-bid&catid=34:demo-category

We firmly believe that the City of Portsmouth needs a professional football club. Liquidation - which is still a real possibility - would be a devastating loss to not only the culture of the City but to the many Pubs, shops and other premises around Fratton Park that depend on the match day revenue to survive. Tourism from away fans coming to the City for many weekends of the year would also be lost. This club cannot be allowed to fail for the good of the City as well as for the Fans
Edited by trousers

There are a number of very good keyboard replacements in the android market. I use swiftkey 3 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey&hl=en) and find it very good.

Ahhh, bless the pst.

Whatever the highly confidential stuff is about their bid that they can't discuss, it must be good....or not.

Chinny's bid is on the all they have to do, is to better that. But preferably with cash as opposed to pledges.

I don't know how this will ultimatley play out, but I'll bare my arse on the town hall steps if the trusts bid comes to anything.

Intresting post regarding the new coach situation. Not sure if it is true, but sounds plausible.

One of the reasons for the delay must be checking the legality of making a position redundant and then some weeks later offering your mate the same job. The financial state of business would have to demonstrate substantial improvement in order that Stuart Gray cannot claim unfair dismissal

Steve Cotterill sacked by Forest.

That's because they, unlike Pompey, have been taken over by someone with actual money, and now have serious, well backed ambition. Expect Forest to push for promotion this season.

I thi k he's played a blinder by not turning up to be honest. After all the negative coverage I'd guess a judge would look favourably on his claim that he genuinely feared for his safety if he did turn up.

New tourist slogan .. "Come to Nigeria, its safer than Portsmouth"

Hes playing into their hands by not turning up, potentially giving them grounds to terminate his contract. His legal challenge is interesting though.

Not really.

Especially if, as reported, he contacted the club before he was due to start training and informed them of his legitimate reason for not attending.

All it does it make the administrator look like a complete c-unt allegedly stating in the paper that he had no idea where Kanu was, when all along he knew exactly where he was and why he was there!

It also makes Neil Allen's 'where's Kanu' crusade look more than pathetic! Perhaps it's time for MLG to give him a little tweet :)

This part of that article caught my eye:

"Kanu is not alone in approaching the Football League directly seeking payment of monies owed.

Ex-directors David Lampitt, John Redgate and Nick Byrom did so in May, diverting vital distribution funds required by Pompey."

Does that mean Lampitt, Redgate and Byrom have already received what they were owed under the Football Creditors' rule (via re-direction of the parachute payments)?

If that's the case, then why hasn't this also happened with all the players, in order to recover their deferred/unpaid wages?

All seems a tad inconsistent to me....

Edited by trousers

One down....

@solentsport: Hayden Mullins completes move to Birmingham #pompey

I am certain that Birch will be at the door giving him a cheque for all his outstanding wages. Just a pity he will probably get the date wrong or forget to sign it.

whatever delayed payment plan has been agreed with Mullins, I'll wager he never sees a single penny of it.

It's not much of a firesale of playing talent, more like curious passers-by just helping themselves to stuff out of a skip.

What became of UnAppy's promise of three players out earlier in the week and the embargo lifted?

I reckon he needs to watch out because pompey coaching hero quality over quantity Clotterill is ready to ride back into town to save the day.

Presumably he's doing a press conference somewhere refusing to accept that he's been sacked and explaining how in real terms he's actually been promoted.

Just looking at their first team profile on their OS is laughable. They have:

Goalkeepers:

NONE

Defenders:

Aaron Mokoena (Will be gone by the end of the week)

Greg Halford

Tal Ben-Haim (30k a week)

Adam Webster (Will surely get a starting place)

Midfielders:

Liam Lawrence (Won't stay)

David Norris (On verge of moving to Leeds)

Attackers:

Kanu (Hasn't returned and probably won't)

Dave Kitson

Ashley Harris

Luke Varney (On verge of moving)

Erik Huseklepp

That's it. Even with free transfers, I think they'd struggle in league two.

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php...:demo-category

We firmly believe that the City of Portsmouth needs a professional football club. Liquidation - which is still a real possibility - would be a devastating loss to not only the culture of the City but to the many Pubs, shops and other premises around Fratton Park that depend on the match day revenue to survive. Tourism from away fans coming to the City for many weekends of the year would also be lost. This club cannot be allowed to fail for the good of the City as well as for the Fans

They don't seem to realise that, should they survive, that they aren't in The Premiership anymore and didn't qualify for The Chamions League either.

Seems to me that the mere existence of the club over the last 5 years has been pretty devastating to local businesses and charities.

Please just FOAD you festering cheating disgrace of a club.

I'm guessing that IF they managed to get any sort of transfer fee for him, it will ALL go to him to cover the deferred wages

He went on a free

I'm meant to be getting some paperwork together for a visit to the local tax office next week but I keep popping in here.

Where else can you have a constant succesion of one liners, comic monologues (Rallyboy et al) and people setting up jokes with perfectly timed punch-lines?!

Aaron Mokoena officially released on a "compromise agreement over money outstanding"...

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Mokoena-Agrees-Fratton-Exit-3520.aspx

So a Football Creditor not paid in full and railroaded into a reduced deal!

Not gone yet:

Pompey have reached an agreement with Aaron Mokoena over the termination of his contract.

The South Africa international has signed a compromise agreement over money outstanding.

Subject to Football League and Football Association approval Mokoena, who had one year left on his Fratton Park deal, is free to move on.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})