Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

by making that statement the manager has just driven the team bus through the recently re-inforced in law football creditors regulations.

I suggest he delivers the golden share back to the FL tomorrow and shuts the gates, as that course of action will render them no longer a football club.

If anyone is getting bad advice it's someone who thinks the players will leave without getting their money - so I'm sure he didn't mean that.....

@TonyHusbandBBC: #pompey Michael Appleton told me players will not get every penny of every pound owed. If they think that they're getting "poor advice."

So, confirmation that they intend breaking the Football League's much cherished Football Creditors law then....

That'll be the Golden Share withheld then...surely...?

I think another flurry of emails to the FL is called for... :D

don't be fooled by the headline, when you get in among the facts it seems little has changed.

There were three players who would be going over the weekend, that didn't happen either.

Kanu is still out there somewhere and Mokoena, who was reported as a former hero three weeks ago, is still in negotiations - the BBC seems to be highlighting the bombshell that the pair have played their last games for pompey. - not that they've had their last pay packets.

Business as usual - insolvent.

Hah, a conspiracy theory! Mind you, it is pompey so it's worth imagining ridiculous and devious situations. I'd ask local residents to keep an eye on Farlington, Bransbury park, the Sailing Centre, King George V playing fields (oh, and possibly Moneyfields) for signs of unusual training activity...

sue you seems to know quite a few grass verges on Pikey island?:blush:

@pn_neil_allen: Anyone know where Kanu is? Appleton would love to know. Currently AWOL. File a missing persons. #Pompey

@PompeyScot: @pn_neil_allen If he wants to play stupid beggars, club should come down on him hard. To hell with him, he is taking the mick, big style.

Players taking the mick?! Carlsberg don't do Pompey fans with short memories, but if they did...

Kanu has already deferred hundreds of thousands of pounds of wages to help keep the club artificially alive for six months and they're now accusing him of taking the mick for missing a training session? Give me f***ing strength.

Pots. Kettles

Edited by trousers

And thats where it goes back to being funny.

That can't come down hard on him, because that will only further his cause to get everything that is owed and owing to him and if one person doesn't accept a compromise, the other players won't.

Probably also worth noting that in addition to the club already being in breech of contract with Kanu - There might be an argument that Birch and Allens public condemnation of the players who are asking for what is owed to them, have made it unsafe for these players to be in the area.

Its a mute point anyway - As per above, the last thing they want to do is **** him off.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/portsmouth/fb_news.php?storyid=17440&title=colin_farmery:_a_funny_old_week_at_fratton_ends_with_a_constant_reminder

The scale of the mismanagement of Portsmouth Football Club since the autumn of 2009 is breathtaking. From convicted fraudsters running the club's finances, via a botched Administration which created a CVA which was never going to be honoured, to the signing of Championship players on Premier League salaries, all concerned in creating this sorry mess should hang their heads in shame.

In their ways, various parties have been placed in the frame: Gaydamak, Storrie, Lampitt, Andronikou and Antonov all have their parts to play in this tragedy to a greater or lesser extent. More recently the players themselves have been increasingly demonised.

Yeah...everyone on the planet EXCEPT the fans should take a share of the blame. Afterall, how were they to know anything about their prospective "dubious" owners each time? If only the poor cherubs had had access to the Internet or suchlike then they could have kicked up a fuss at the time...like the rest of us...

:facepalm:

Edited by trousers

Whitey's ahead of him in the queue, so he'll have to wait his turn.

Too bloody right mate, he's not having my slot. Mind you, it would explain the waiting...

It's all a question of who collapses first, me or Portsmouth Football Club. My money's on them to be honest. :-)

@pn_neil_allen: From speaking to Appleton, I can confidently say he is going to get tough with AWOL Kanu! More in tomorrow's paper! #Pompey #whereskanu

Try f***king paying him first!!

What's that stench? Well, blow me down, it's rancid hypocrisy!

Is Kanu not a beloved cup final scoring hero who cares deeply about the club?

It will be intresting to see how "Tough" appleton is going to be..... If they **** kanu off too much, he might insist on all his money.

Well today's triallist of the day award goes to....

Mustapha Dumbaya :lol:

Never could have one player be so aptly named for a single club. It's like they got him to change his name by deed poll so they could advertise the club at the same time. Please let just him be signed!!!

Pure comedy gold.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-welcome-four-new-faces-to-training-1-4036125

I am exclusively able to reveal that events have progressed so much that in tomorrows news it will be reported that some of the players will be leaving not just soon, but very soon. If things continue as predicted it is highly likely that by the end of the week this will have been raised yet again to "leaving very very soon, honest".

In other shock News, pcfc are saved from extinction by a zillionaire with REAL money.

And meanwhile in Dubai, a bar will be serving English Real Ales (Marstons, EPA & Wychwood) at the annual HopFest beer festival this coming weekend.

Both of those are things I never thought I would see in my life time.

Of course only one of them is true, but the first one would have been more believable.

WOOOOO FREAKING HOOO!

Never could have one player be so aptly named for a single club. It's like they got him to change his name by deed poll so they could advertise the club at the same time. Please let just him be signed!!!

Pure comedy gold.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-welcome-four-new-faces-to-training-1-4036125

took me a moment :lol:

Pure comedy gold.

In all 13.000+ pages THAT stands out as an absolute classic.

Cuba Libre all over the monitor, would never have believed it without the link

sue you seems to know quite a few grass verges on Pikey island?:blush:

Used to live in the area, have played in women's Hampshire league and friends in both men and women's local leagues - I'm not fussy!

Oh, forgot the uni ground down the end of Locksway Road: that was slightly better quality in my day... didn't have the sailing centre goose **** problem.:-)

Preumably another big "I am" who is now another struggling "I blew it by being a knob".

He was a couple of years below me at school. He left at 16, and a few years later was on Friends Reunited banging on about how he was on loan at Fulham "earning more money a week than any of you earn a year". Classy.

Pure comedy gold.

Brilliant......absolutely brilliant. :lol:

Two phases that repeat on this forum - "you couldn't make this up" and "the gift that keeps giving"

As time ticks on, more and more I think he'll be the last Dumbuya at the pikey camp.

@pn_neil_allen: From speaking to Appleton, I can confidently say he is going to get tough with AWOL Kanu! More in tomorrow's paper! #Pompey #whereskanu

Try f***king paying him first!!

I've heard that he still holds a torch form them........

The Football League are also refusing to sanction any other arrivals, including new members of staff.

That includes the employment of Ashley Westwood, who has been lined up as first-team coach.

He was also not present at training yesterday, despite an agreement being in place.

The anticipated exits of Norris, Varney and Mokoena should ensure he can soon take his place by Appleton’s side.

So, let me get this straight.....

BOTH Westwood [TCWOAB] and Kanu, both have "agreements' in place with the club.

However, it's fine for Westwood [TCWOAB] to NOT show up for training because he knows he isn't going to get paid, but the snooze and Neil Allen are on a crusade to get the fans to turn against Kanu because he didn't rock up to training for the exact same reason!

@pn_neil_allen: Appleton determined to punish 'disrespectful' Kanu. If he can find him! http://t.co/rakq3AGm #Pompey

The Blues boss believes the Nigerian, who has rarely turned up to the first day of training in previous years at Pompey – albeit with permission from the club – is effectively in breach of contract.

‘Players have got to abide by their contract. If they are told to be somewhere they have to be somewhere, otherwise they are in breach of contract. It is as simple as that.

‘We can now possibly have him for breach of contract.

‘I don’t know what type of punishment he will get but there will be some kind.

‘We will have a proper look at it and he will get a fine.

‘If it keeps happening then, obviously, there will have to be discussions with someone (the PFA) at some point.

‘If you have got anything about you then you realise you’ve got a contract to the football club and have to adhere to that contract.

And the club aren't in breach of contract for not paying the players what they are CONTRACTED to be paid?!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE HYPOCRISY

Congratulations Appleton....it's taken a while but you've finally joined the ranks of the deluded that have run, governed and supported that poor excuse for a football club over the last 5+ years

Edited by trousers

@pn_neil_allen: Appleton determined to punish 'disrespectful' Kanu. If he can find him! http://t.co/rakq3AGm #Pompey

And the club aren't in breach of contract for not paying the players what they are CONTRACTED to be paid?!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE HYPOCRISY

Congratulations Appleton....it's taken a while but you've finally joined the ranks of the deluded that have run, governed and supported that poor excuse for a football club over the last 5+ years

Didn't take a while at all, he showed he was clueless soon after he took charge with a number of comments about the situation showing a complete disregard for creditors and sporting integrity.

UNBELIEVABLE HYPOCRISY

They can fine him 2 weeks 'deferred' wages :rolleyes:

They can fine him 2 weeks 'deferred' wages :rolleyes:

Indeed!

You can just imagine the conversation now....

Pompey: "Hello Mr Kanu. You've turned up at last then? You're fined £30,000 for missing training"

Kanu: "No worries guv..... So that's £770,000 you own me now instead of £800,000" (or whatever the figures are in Pompey's world of 'Think of a Number')

I don't know whether to laugh or cry anymore....

BlueArmy11

12:15 PM on 10/07/2012

The club deferred payment on contracts with the blessing of all those involved. The fact that Kanu has disregarded his contractual obligation to be present when requested is breach. I think its good to see a little passion from our manager and not just paying lip service. I would be royally p'd off too.

The blessing of all those involved?! Chortle....yeah, like the players had a genuine choice in the matter! Pompey: "Help us keep the club alive by agreeing that we won't pay you what you're contracted to be paid otherwise you end up with nothing and/or the wrath of Pompey fans on your conscience...."

The blessing of all those involved?! Chortle....yeah, like the players had a genuine choice in the matter! Pompey: "Help us keep the club alive by agreeing that we won't pay you what you're contracted to be paid otherwise you end up with nothing and/or the wrath of Pompey fans on your conscience...."

I thought a couple of weeks ago that TBH said they agreed the first deferral but were then hit with a second one that they were not consulted over.