Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

As they are far too late to join the Blue Square what will happen to the cash collected I wonder? Will it be kept until next season IF

they start again or will it be used to pay some club debts? Oh stupid stupid me - PFC pay debts :lol::lol::lol:

Didn't it get reported somewhere that they (Birch?) had been in discussion with the Blue Square League to forge a contingency plan should they be liquidated? Or maybe I imagined it amongst the plethora of other chortle fodder?

as they have appointed a recruitment officer TB fully expects them to be alive for a lot longer. Again the media are helping TB apply pressure on Tahim by the subtle and not so subtle press releases. If he is not gone by the deadline or taken a massive paycut I will give £50 to a charity of the posters choice on here.

When is deadline day?

While Pompey squabble over £30k prizes and worry about having a kit for next season....Saints are set to pocket £2m for their first 4 live TV games.... http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/9801835.Saints____2m_screen_test/?ref=twt&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

A sum of money that would keep Pompey alive for another season.....Not that I like to rub their noses in it or anything like that of course....

I know people have joked about it, but I can't help thinking this 'Premier League goalkeeper' has to be Forecast. Who else is local enough that he won't have to risk relocating to a club that then goes immediately into liquidation?

Please, please, please, please, please....

Please, please, please, please, please....

Players for locally rival clubs are sometimes reluctant to go from one to another because the animosity directed at them by the club fans they leave. Shouldn't we signal in some way that we really don't mind? And we'll have to re-think the Fourpast nickname to take account of the consequent goal diff chasm.

I know people have joked about it, but I can't help thinking this 'Premier League goalkeeper' has to be Forecast. Who else is local enough that he won't have to risk relocating to a club that then goes immediately into liquidation?

We would need to make sure there is one of those "but he can't play against us" clauses in the agreement:D

I've been thinking the same.

It would definitely be up there with the Joseph Cala episode for the annual Pompey Takeover Saga 'Side Splitting Comedy Moment' Award.

Players for locally rival clubs are sometimes reluctant to go from one to another because the animosity directed at them by the club fans they leave. Shouldn't we signal in some way that we really don't mind? And we'll have to re-think the Fourpast nickname to take account of the consequent goal diff chasm.

Tommy 4-1-cast

OK then, how about this: "You really want Forepast?.. Botherd!"

I PROMISE not to direct any animosity towards him ...... he'd only drop it anyway

My favorite bit below

They are also in the hands of the Football League board, a group comprising eight people who will soon determine Portsmouth’s fate. Without their support, the next stop will be the Blue Square Bet South.

My favorite bit below

They are also in the hands of the Football League board, a group comprising eight people who will soon determine Portsmouth’s fate. Without their support, the next stop will be the Blue Square Bet South.

I wonder if those eight people will be looking at the Scottish Premier League as their integrity barometer....?

They make Gray redundant, and then Voldermort thinks he can bring in another coach because...... well, just he wants one.

Nothing has changed Appy. You didn't have the money for Gray then, and you don't have the money for Westwood now.

In fact, you don't have any money for anything!

Duh!

@pn_neil_allen: There has been a hitch in the arrival of Ashley Westwood as new #Pompey first team coach. Yet more bad news for Appleton.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/blues-boss-blocked-in-bid-for-right-hand-man-1-4026065

So, UnAppy wasn't aware of the financial constraints until now ???

Or ... did he think Cashley was going to work just for a few Skates .... (with no chips)

So....let's re-cap....Pompey have the finances to employ a recruitment manager but no finances to recruit anyone else.

Genius.

But don't forget they don't need the first team coach right now, because they don't have a first team, whereas the really needed a recruitment manager urgently because......

They make Gray redundant, and then Voldermort thinks he can bring in another coach because...... well, just he wants one.

Nothing has changed Appy. You didn't have the money for Gray then, and you don't have the money for Westwood now.

In fact, you don't have any money for anything!

Duh!

How long is Birch going to let this FARCE go on

How long are the FL going to completely IGNORE a "Company" who have been trading as insolvent for MONTHS AND MONTHS

I wish I could run a corner shop and rack up circa £2900 Million in DEBT

Why are not the National Pres highlighting THOSE sort of facts.

WHAT HOLD HAVE POMPEY OVER THE FA/FL ???? It's not a defence Port anymore ..... we don't have any Forces left to defend with FFS

@pn_neil_allen: There has been a hitch in the arrival of Ashley Westwood as new #Pompey first team coach. Yet more bad news for Appleton.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/blues-boss-blocked-in-bid-for-right-hand-man-1-4026065

"Yet the bombshell was yesterday dropped on Appleton that the Blues do not have the finance to employ him." Really? Who would have imagined that?

So a couple of days after they bring in a head of recruitment, they decide they can't afford an assistant for un-Appy.

This again demonstrates the complete insouciance of 'football people' who think that somebody else will always pick up the tab and that they can just rack up the bills regardless.

I also liked this: ‘In fact, he has played at every level of the game, including non-league.' Planning for the future?

How long is Birch going to let this FARCE go on

How long are the FL going to completely IGNORE a "Company" who have been trading as insolvent for MONTHS AND MONTHS

Why are not the National Pres highlighting THOSE sort of facts.

They don't because at this late stage it would point out how useless the Nat press are. The thing is

no-one likes to be shown up as not doing their job properly.

So, they have 10 players, 3 seeming about to go, the others up for sale, yet want to get up to a squad of 20 players by the end of the month or next week or whenever. So lets say they need to get in 12 players, how are they going to do this?

They will of course get as many loans in as possible, but they are unrealistic and still think that they can attract PL players to their **** hole. Then of course they are limited to the number of loan players they can field. So they are going to have to look for players on frees & rock bottom wages. I suspect that the only people that will fit the bill are those of a similar age to Kanu's "35" or are 16. If only they had kept their youth squad rather than **** on them as soon as they could.

I still see it being 50/50 if they have more than 15 players at the beginning of the season. Who would want to go there if their wages were going to be deferred the whole time and maybe never paid.

So a couple of days after they bring in a head of recruitment, they decide they can't afford an assistant for un-Appy.

So my theory that the recruitment guy will only be paid based on results seems likelier all the time! No cost to Pompey yet, or in the forseable future!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2169441/Portsmouth-problems--club-stand-brink.html

Although it looked earlier as if they weren't publishing our contributions, there are now 20 comments up there, including one I sent and presumably also those from other Saints who thought that they had been ignored.

So if anybody else wishes to point out the inaccuracies in the article, or to urge the FL to grow some balls, or to castigate Birch for failing to do his duty and liquidate them, then feel free.

So, they have 10 players, 3 seeming about to go, the others up for sale, yet want to get up to a squad of 20 players by the end of the month or next week or whenever. So lets say they need to get in 12 players, how are they going to do this?

They will of course get as many loans in as possible, but they are unrealistic and still think that they can attract PL players to their **** hole. Then of course they are limited to the number of loan players they can field. So they are going to have to look for players on frees & rock bottom wages. I suspect that the only people that will fit the bill are those of a similar age to Kanu's "35" or are 16. If only they had kept their youth squad rather than **** on them as soon as they could.

I still see it being 50/50 if they have more than 15 players at the beginning of the season. Who would want to go there if their wages were going to be deferred the whole time and maybe never paid.

They p*ssed on one of them as recently as a week ago, allowing a 19 year old to go to Havant & Waterlooville. There are another couple of 19 year olds still out on loan and who should be brought back in. Perhaps they might be merging with Havant & Waterlooville shortly, so can be reunited with that player again.

Kanu, twice a Premier League winner with Arsenal, a Champions League winner with Ajax and an FA Cup hero at Fratton Park, has a year left on a contract worth £10,000 a week. Amazingly, he is still only 35.

Even more amazing: he's been stuck at that age for the last 15 years.

article-0-12118BA8000005DC-450_468x286.jpg

Things must be really bad. Even the old dear with the scooter has gone.

is it more expensive to park at the ground than a seat in it? That gun runner's son ain't daft.

sadly the likes of Damien Martinez and James Shea from Arsenal, or Rhys Taylor and Sam Walker from Chelsea are going to be ahead of our Tommy.

sadly the likes of Damien Martinez and James Shea from Arsenal, or Rhys Taylor and Sam Walker from Chelsea are going to be ahead of our Tommy.

Would you send someone to whom you have a duty of care to PFC, the Rangers writ small of the South?