Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Joint administrator Trevor Birch said: “We’ve already had an incredible response from fans for season tickets, which demonstrates once again the strength of the club’s support.

No you haven't, but yes it does demonstrate the strength of support.

“The atmosphere inside Fratton Park was unbelievable last term and I’m sure we’ll recreate that again for the new season.

No it wasn't, and yes, you will recreate that.

Estimated matchday income from season ticket holders?

£50K.

Estimated matchday income in total - £150K?

That will equate to about £72K a week.

Current wagebill - £182K a week.

I'm still not sure that the figures stack up... :scared:

I seem to remember someone saying that PFC had sold about 1000 'lifetime' season tickets. If so, does this years 4500 season ticket holders include this lot. Whatever happens they still have 1000 or so people at every match who wont pay to be there. This could potentially also have the effect of reducing match day income from ST by about £15000.

Look at the creditors list and note all the club's running costs on top of the wage bill. Matchday sales won't even scratch the surface of running this two bob outfit, even if they had a home match every week for a year.

Come on TB, wipe them out now.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Early-Bird-Deadline-Extended-3503.aspx?

Warms the cockles of yer heart it does, it really does :)

I see you can download an application form for season tickets. Are they able to tell how many downloads they have had?

I was wondering about downloading one to get them excited so perhaps a few more on here could also download one?

The way I see it, something has got to give soon. I expect Birch to not liquidate the club even if none of the high earners leave in the next 3 weeks. This story has gone on for so long that Pompey won't be going down without a fight.

This will end up in an ugly court battle, Birch will have to be dragged out of the office kicking and screaming before liquidation goes ahead. He doesn't have the balls. His interest is clearly not with the creditors, but seeing Pompey become successful. He's just like the rest of them. I'd even expect them to win at court, because again I'm not convinced anyone has the balls to kill this cesspit of a football club. I can see another repeat of the 'Injustice Mann' scenario...

The figures don't stack up, but that won't stop him. He'll just destroy the evidence.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to that with Tal Ben Haim...

The way I see it, something has got to give soon. I expect Birch to not liquidate the club even if none of the high earners leave in the next 3 weeks. This story has gone on for so long that Pompey won't be going down without a fight.

This will end up in an ugly court battle, Birch will have to be dragged out of the office kicking and screaming before liquidation goes ahead. He doesn't have the balls. His interest is clearly not with the creditors, but seeing Pompey become successful. He's just like the rest of them. I'd even expect them to win at court, because again I'm not convinced anyone has the balls to kill this cesspit of a football club. I can see another repeat of the 'Injustice Mann' scenario...

You sound like Old Nick and myself now :lol::lol:

The spin doctors are having a field day down there. I chuckled last week when I read that the match against Gibraltar is the centrepiece of their upcoming Spanish tour:rolleyes:. Being their only game, it's also the leftpiece and the rightpiece.

Now I read that the earlybird discount on season tickets will last until less than a week before their first league fixture. So it's also the ontimebird and the latebird discount as well.

At the end of April we were told that the whole of the first team squad would be leaving except Etuhu and Futacs, who would be given new contracts and would be staying. Fast forward to July, and the whole of the first team squad are staying, except Etuhu and Futacs, who are leaving.

The spin doctors are having a field day down there. I chuckled last week when I read that the match against Gibraltar is the centrepiece of their upcoming Spanish tour:rolleyes:. Being their only game, it's also the leftpiece and the rightpiece.

Or to use the collective noun: it's all one great big codpiece

Now I read that the earlybird discount on season tickets will last until less than a week before their first league fixture. So it's also the ontimebird and the latebird discount as well.

At the end of April we were told that the whole of the first team squad would be leaving except Etuhu and Futacs, who would be given new contracts and would be staying. Fast forward to July, and the whole of the first team squad are staying, except Etuhu and Futacs, who are leaving.

In true Skate style the phew are responding, by giving the bird to season tickets in general.

Can't remember us needing to drop our prices so cheap

Edited by St Chalet

@pn_neil_allen: Let's not get carried away with Curanovic, seems he is arriving at #Pompey on trial in attempt to win a deal. Nothing permanent yet!!

A trial? Don't they have access to the Internet and YouTube...?

@pn_neil_allen: Let's not get carried away with Curanovic, seems he is arriving at #Pompey on trial in attempt to win a deal. Nothing permanent yet!!

A trial? Don't they have access to the Internet and YouTube...?

On trial.

He'll fit in well with the culture then.

PFA in desperate attempt to save them shelling out to help the players.

It does muddy the waters a bit more (if possible) on the 'what do the players get on liquidation' arguments.

It's an odd piece, but I doubt if that's what's behind it. Can't see Taylor setting up his members to take the blame for liquidation.

More likely, IMO, to be paving the way to table compromises for all the PPs to go to the players, rather than Chainrai or the Trust. And as we know both of their bids rely on them keeping the PPs.

So compromise offers are made, rejected, and Tayor can say his members tried.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/585260687?-11209

PFA boss Gordon Taylor urges Portsmouth compromise

there you go, any thought that Taylor s outfit may have to cough up has focused the minds there. All of a sudden the players are not important to him but his salary may be at risk if the deferrals etc land in their hands. I doubt the PFA could handle that debt and i suspect the PFA's lawyers are looking at it closely. The pressure on the players is cranking up and the people who should be on their side are now against them.

Pompey will survive, the players will accept the low offers,Bc will be the owner, he will only have to pay 500k to rid the club of £35m (?) debt, all the PP's are safe for them the CVa will be agreed and there will be no further points penalties. Accept it, that is what is playing out and all the toast in the world will not effect things at FP. They have and will get away with it and it is galling.

Pompey Supporters Trust Lawyer issues liquidation warning to players

By Nabil Hassan

BBC Sport

Lawyer Anthony Fanshawe says football creditors need to "get real", or Portsmouth face being liquidated.

The Professional Football Association are potentially claiming nearly £24m from Pompey, but Fanshawe says they need to compromise on the figure.

It is the major stumbling block preventing the Portsmouth Supporters' Trust from making a rival bid.

"They (football creditors) are the guys who are preventing the deal from going through," Fanshawe told BBC Sport.

Under insolvency rules, football creditors such as players and agents are entitled to the whole amount of money they are owed both in wages and in payments to compensate them for having their contracts cancelled early.

Continue reading the main story

If the club goes into liquidation and the assets are sold the club will lose it's league status, and the football creditors will get nothing so it's a very serious issue that has to be resolved

Antony Fanshawe

Begbies Traynor lawyers

And it is this rule, says Fanshawe, who is representing the PST, which will see Pompey go out of existence unless the players agree to walk away with less money.

"The football creditors have to accept they are not going get what it is they are claiming now in full," he said.

"Trevor Birch (administrator) knows the number but that figure of £24 million has to be reduced by two thirds or more before there is going to be an acceptable deal on the table.

"Unless you pay these particular creditors, who are in general players and agents, the Football League does not allow you to retain your position in the league."

Fanshawe met with Birch over the past week and described the discussions as "constructive", but admitted the issue of player contracts and the football creditors was a "major road block of considerable significance".

He added that to date no official bid had been made by the PST but hoped they could still rival Balram Chainrai's Company Voluntary Agreement offer to creditors.

Creditors are due to vote on that offer, currently standing at 2p in the pound on 25 June.

Fanshawe continued: "I am realistic about the position we are in at the PST and we are cautiously optimistic of presenting a rival bid, subject to one or two things falling into place, such as dealing with the football creditors appropriately.

"The football creditors have to accept they are not going get what it is they are claiming now in full.

"This is the big issue now, it has to be dealt with. The football creditors have to get real and if they don't get real there will be no deal and there will be nothing for anyone."

Fanshawe ruled out the possibility of a joint bid with Chainrai and said liquidation was still a possibility.

"If the club goes into liquidation and the assets are sold the club will lose it's league status and the football creditors will get nothing, so it's a very serious issue that has to be resolved," he added.

there you go, any thought that Taylor s outfit may have to cough up has focused the minds there. All of a sudden the players are not important to him but his salary may be at risk if the deferrals etc land in their hands. I doubt the PFA could handle that debt and i suspect the PFA's lawyers are looking at it closely. The pressure on the players is cranking up and the people who should be on their side are now against them.

Pompey will survive, the players will accept the low offers,Bc will be the owner, he will only have to pay 500k to rid the club of £35m (?) debt, all the PP's are safe for them the CVa will be agreed and there will be no further points penalties. Accept it, that is what is playing out and all the toast in the world will not effect things at FP. They have and will get away with it and it is galling.

Its absolutely staggering that the PFA have now resorted to blackmailing their own members, those who pay the PFA a membership fee for protection in cases of this instance!

Looks to me like a pompey liquidation could drag the PFA under with them, as they cant honour the defferals and future contracts...

If the skates have done anything remotely commendable, it is their latest (cheating) stunt that has made an absolute mockery of the Football Creditors Rule... just weeks after the FA/PL/FL had it uphelld in court!

Poor old Fahim, abandoning his dream to help...and to take control.

I suspect the skimpily-clad, tubby cornet-vendor's stumbling block was the Trust's ambitious small print - that anyone who puts in big money has no benefit.

From what I've seen, if you throw a million down the black hole, in reality you get the same status and power in the brave new world as the £1000 donor.

The Trust plans still look flawed and desperate*, and that's why it's a non-starter.

As Neil Sedaka famously sang on a demo tape that evolved into a single, Chinny's the only game in town.

Mr Fanshawe's plea to ignore the football creditor rule is an interesting policy to pursue as well....

They can do that.

But they won't have a league to play in.

And in other news, I believe that Antonov is in a court room VERY soon for his extradition hearing.

*Flawed and Desperate were also the financial advisors that Storrie used for budgeting - Mr Flawed went on to write the new Fit and PP test, while Mr Desperate still helps pompey as a PR consultant.

Poor old Fahim, abandoning his dream to help...and to take control.

I suspect the skimpily-clad, tubby cornet-vendor's stumbling block was the Trust's ambitious small print - that anyone who puts in big money has no benefit.

From what I've seen, if you throw a million down the black hole, in reality you get the same status and power in the brave new world as the £1000 donor.

The Trust plans still look flawed and desperate*, and that's why it's a non-starter.

As Neil Sedaka famously sang on a demo tape that evolved into a single, Chinny's the only game in town.

Mr Fanshawe's plea to ignore the football creditor rule is an interesting policy to pursue as well....

They can do that.

But they won't have a league to play in.

And in other news, I believe that Antonov is in a court room VERY soon for his extradition hearing.

*Flawed and Desperate were also the financial advisors that Storrie used for budgeting - Mr Flawed went on to write the new Fit and PP test, while Mr Desperate still helps pompey as a PR consultant.

I thought it was Fraud and Desperado - maybe I misheard. :D

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/585260687?-11209

PFA boss Gordon Taylor urges Portsmouth compromise

But unless the club's players, both past and present, compromise on how much they are owed and paid, then Pompey could go out of business.

Just how much do they owe to previous players ?? The trail of endless debt , quick fixes , overpaid salaries - someone - somewhere must do the decent thing and instead of administration , administer the leathal injection to end this farce of a club

Bc will be the owner, he will only have to pay 500k to rid the club of £35m (?) debt

Add a '1' onto the front of that number and you'll be closer to the amount of debt that has been 'absorbed' by admin1 and admin2....

Pompey Supporters Trust Lawyer issues liquidation warning to players

By Nabil Hassan

BBC Sport

Lawyer Anthony Fanshawe says football creditors need to "get real", or Portsmouth face being liquidated.

The Professional Football Association are potentially claiming nearly £24m from Pompey, but Fanshawe says they need to compromise on the figure.

It is the major stumbling block preventing the Portsmouth Supporters' Trust from making a rival bid.

"They (football creditors) are the guys who are preventing the deal from going through," Fanshawe told BBC Sport.

Under insolvency rules, football creditors such as players and agents are entitled to the whole amount of money they are owed both in wages and in payments to compensate them for having their contracts cancelled early.

Continue reading the main story

If the club goes into liquidation and the assets are sold the club will lose it's league status, and the football creditors will get nothing so it's a very serious issue that has to be resolved

Antony Fanshawe

Begbies Traynor lawyers

And it is this rule, says Fanshawe, who is representing the PST, which will see Pompey go out of existence unless the players agree to walk away with less money.

"The football creditors have to accept they are not going get what it is they are claiming now in full," he said.

"Trevor Birch (administrator) knows the number but that figure of £24 million has to be reduced by two thirds or more before there is going to be an acceptable deal on the table.

"Unless you pay these particular creditors, who are in general players and agents, the Football League does not allow you to retain your position in the league."

Fanshawe met with Birch over the past week and described the discussions as "constructive", but admitted the issue of player contracts and the football creditors was a "major road block of considerable significance".

He added that to date no official bid had been made by the PST but hoped they could still rival Balram Chainrai's Company Voluntary Agreement offer to creditors.

Creditors are due to vote on that offer, currently standing at 2p in the pound on 25 June.

Fanshawe continued: "I am realistic about the position we are in at the PST and we are cautiously optimistic of presenting a rival bid, subject to one or two things falling into place, such as dealing with the football creditors appropriately.

"The football creditors have to accept they are not going get what it is they are claiming now in full.

"This is the big issue now, it has to be dealt with. The football creditors have to get real and if they don't get real there will be no deal and there will be nothing for anyone."

Fanshawe ruled out the possibility of a joint bid with Chainrai and said liquidation was still a possibility.

"If the club goes into liquidation and the assets are sold the club will lose it's league status and the football creditors will get nothing, so it's a very serious issue that has to be resolved," he added.

Stinks to high heaven

Rather than trying to preserve a club that has cheated and defaulted for years the PFA should be welcioming their liquidation, knowing that another club will be promoted in its place, one that pays its bills and players.

This. 100%. That is of course the solution that exercises the greatest level of integrity....

Gordon Taylor is a tw*t. How dare he put pressure on people who signed contracts in good faith. (he really is a w**ker)

Trevor Birch is a tw*t. How dare he put pressure on people who signed contracts in good faith.

The people running club 24 are idiots.Why did they sign contracts they could not afford ?

Please,it has gone beyond a joke. Put the fans out of their misery so they can start again.

God bless our new home kit :eek:

Meanwhile, in another installment of "they just don't get it, do they?"....

pompey_pages_normal.jpg The Pompey Pages ‏@Pompey_Pages As long as the club didn't receive 56 more votes for the statue than the free tickets for schools, then that is confirmed. #Pompey

3478176_normal.png FM Saints Researcher ‏@MatthewLeGod

@Pompey_Pages "Free tickets for schools", where does the £30k actually go? To the club? To pay debts? I thought that wasn't allowed in this?

pompey_pages_normal.jpg The Pompey Pages ‏@Pompey_Pages

@MatthewLeGod not to pay debts, it is going to be used to give free tickets to local schools. #Pompey

:facepalm:

It'll be interesting to see the FL's stance on this now.

Indeed. If they sit back and do or say nothing then they spent all that time fighting HMRC in court in pursuit of preserving their beloved Football Creditors rule for nothing! Did they not?

Ive just got back from an interview down there, the foundation get given 1,500 free tickets season for schools. Its a con!

Ssshhhhh.....the last thing we want is the media to cotton onto this latest 'ruse'..... ;-)

Edited by trousers

I still don't understand. How can you get paid to give away 'free' tickets?

After debt problems with the people who previously printed their tickets I believe most of the money will be spent on paper, paint and potato's.

I really enjoy this thread - we poke fun , take the **** and laugh at the demise of The Bestest Fans ™

However , I think it is totally disgusting that they prostitute their club to who ever will bail them out , lend them a favour , have the Snooze run a champaign equating to Comic Ally - deploying more spin than a wind turbine on the top of the non lift working tower they proudly promote.

Is there nothing left they will try to maintain their delusional thoughts of getting 12 or so blokes kicking a ball around a run down shack that most probably would be turned down by the UN for refugees. The utter nerve to renegade on contracts just to give a few thousand saddos the opportunity to impress another top level player - who implies they are all so wonderful - the shameful way the charities are denied cash , more un paid bills than a third world country and yet they want to carry on regardless.

Just what is the next con they want to off load - well I have a new concept , how about paying back all of the money owed, promised and try to gain some grain of respect, for such a community club they have a way of screwing everyone , not once but twice all for the sake of putting 12 blokes on a field to kick a ball - and all to meet the demands of a few like minded people who have no shame or honour - I'm alright Jack and **** anyone who stands in our way