Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

yeah, the only one of those three options that won't cost them a penny is the free tickets - I wonder which one will win the secret poll!

Though it would be funny if they took money to put in disabled facilities and just kept it.

Standard practice down that way, but it would be an eyeopener for Npower and another deafening alarm bell for the FL to ignore.

How's the Unpack the Pipes campaign going?

I thought it was a community project to improve diet when they asked for commercial sponsorship to shift the fat.

It must be going as well as the Unload the Deadwood initiative.

Either way it's great to hear all these little rallying calls, they motivate, distract from reality, and create a buzz that leads to massive season ticket sales, and it's this sort of plucky talk that has put the Trust in such a strong position. :?

How in the name of Jesus Christ the Lord are they able to offer a "very good new contract for League One" in the first place?

I have a theory that something in Futac's old contract triggered an extension and the 'new contract' discussions is in fact them trying to persuade him to sign a lower paid contract rather than carry on with his current expensive one. News reports imply it was the club who activate the clause. If they did that then maybe they thought it would get them into a better negotiating position selling him on but one assumes if they have activated it that if he does not agree a lower salary then they may be forced to continue paying him his current salary?

Edited by pedg

Situation Report on the Fish Fiddlers:

21 days left to agree the sale agreement

5+ players need to leave

No Goalkeeper

Reduced league income as of 1/7

No training facilities

Poor season ticket sales

No main sponsor

No kit to sell

Fat in the pipes

Have I missed anything?

Thanks for that, saves me trawling...! It'll do nicely.

Don’t worry, its coming.

Imagine a ship sinking in the middle of the Atlantic…

In a storm.

Without enough lifeboats.

What you are expecting is a captain, on the bridge, standing to attention and going down with his ship as the orchestra play God save the Queen.

What is happening at Pompey is that the captain, having clubbed passengers over the back of the head and climbed over their bodies in an attempt to get out is now fighting the women and children for the last place on the final life raft.

Either way he is going to drown in the ocean, however this way he is doing so without any semblance of dignity and has lost all sympathy and respect.

It could be worse

It could be an Italian Captain

Hurry....while stocks last....

@pn_neil_allen: RT @wilf2297: @officialpompey can we have a RT to say pompey megastore IS OPEN 10-4 mon to sat!

....we wouldn't want them to be caught trading whilst insolvent, now would we?

Edited by trousers

'It would have to take a very, very, very good offer for me to leave Portsmouth. That is how much I enjoy being here.'

So Appy, we have 12 players including a goalie, and we will pay your wages on time, what d' ya say?

I'm your man.

I meant to add, read the comments from the Phew. Seems that based on this article (they've gone for it hook, line and sinker!) he is now a legend !

Perhaps if they were to read between the lines, no offer has been good enough as yet !!

Watch this space............

meanwhile UnAppy the hero has bravely declared that he's battling on and won't be tempted by all the big clubs who are queuing up to whisk him away from the fortress of fat.

The loyal coaching genius has turned down loads of job offers apparently...

‘The thing is I know it has been frustrating at times but I enjoy my job.

‘I still get up every day and want to go into work.

‘I am a young man, I am in no hurry.

‘To me it does not matter how long I am here – and if I am still here in five or six years we will be in a different league and stabilised.

‘I want to be in the football business for the next 25 years – this is my first job, a job I intend to create a legacy.

‘If I can do that it will be good for me and good for Portsmouth.

Then he slips in the key message to agents everywhere....

‘It would have to take a very, very, very good offer for me to leave

Which translates as - come and get me asap, please!

But still the comments underneath this press release gloss over how he's heroically guided one of the most expensive teams in the league to relegation.

Yep, just like they loved Cotterill, and relegation expert Avram, UnAppy is the greatest manager of all time.

But the difference this time is he's supported by the best training set up in the country, and of course the bestest fans in the history of world football - so the future is looking rosy!

No, not the dog, nor the shelf stacker.

Appy clappy:-

To me it does not matter how long I am here – and if I am still here in five or six years we will be in a different league and stabilised.

It must be encouraging to the Skates that Appy will still be managing them in the Blue Square South in five or six years time.

So another week ticked off the calendar and just the six left until the start of the season.

Mokena was going to leave, but Trev was amazed when he asked for his money, so he's going to stay for a while. No one seems to want poor old TBH, so he's going to stick around, just for a laugh. Infact it seems no one is phoning old trev, to buy his players, which could be a bit of a problem.

But there's no need to panic, the trust are just waiting for the right time to turn their headline proposal into a formal bid and then settle the outstanding wages, pay off chinny and buy the rest of the ground from gaydamak and once all that's done, they can focus on the CVA, ground renovations, purchase a training ground and put together a table topping squad.

It's going to be a busy month. Rallyboy will need full member status, just to keep up,

‘It would have to take a very, very, very good offer for me to leave

Haha, The trouble for him now is, who would actually want him?

"Agents and other people have approached me sounding me out about things.

‘I have told them “no”, though.

‘The grass is not always greener."

Not always greener Lord Voldemort; but maybe...just this once...perhaps it could be true...you have made an 'cliche' error on this occasion.

(Unless of course all of these lucrative offers you've been receiving are for IOW based semi-pro/youth teams.

So he will be on his way as soon as possible then! At least he knows liquidation means f*ck all to him, just like the players.

pompey have signed another player... despite absolutely no senior players going anywhere. I am seeing an insolvent business, in administration, increasing their overheads!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/teen-star-harris-inks-new-pompey-contract-1-4011358

Apparently a Slovenian keeper on trial too!

Building on the spin earlier that the skates have the best youth set up in the country, it appears they arent quite so highly regarded in Ireland:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-lose-out-on-farm-crop-1-4010162

Neil Allen has done his Oxlade Chamberlain trick by boasting at the special relationship before going on to mention a load of Irish players other clubs have developed!

Shortly afterwards the truth comes out that all pompey did was destroy young Irish players' dreams...

Home Farm were delirious to have established such a partnership with a Premier League club.

It stirred memories of previously successful alliances with the likes of Leeds and Everton in recent times, yielding a number of players who would go on to international football.

The CV is impressive, with the likes of Liam Brady, Ronnie Whelan, Gary Kelly, Ian Harte, Stephen McPhail, Mark Kennedy, Richard Dunne, Kenny Cunningham, Darren O’Dea, Chris McCann and Mark Kinsella home-grown products.

‘We supported Pompey and issued a statement backing them. It went on for another nine months but in the end was no longer feasible.

‘Unfortunately, it also hasn’t happened for Carl (Walshe) and Chinedu (Vine) – they were a victim of circumstance.

‘Carl lives 500 yards from me. I coached him from six or seven years of age and he is bitterly disappointed not to have been offered the opportunity at Portsmouth.

‘I can understand it – that’s football. He may have to come back over here for a year or two now and rebuild his career.

‘There still is a lot of interest from other clubs in forming a partnership with us, the problem is we got burned a little bit with Pompey and have to be very careful how we go on. These are impressionable kids and I have to be very, very confident our players would get an opportunity. I don’t want them damaged.’

Another business relationship destroyed by pompey, wrecking lives and careers in the process. Theres only one way to do it in the peoples republic of portsea!

Build them theyre beloved statue... Then SHUT THEM DOWN.

Apparently a Slovenian keeper on trial too!

Well according the player he has actually signed and starts in two weeks time. I'm sure they told him all about the transfer embargo, liquidation and wage defferals.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7859045/

I'm sure that the FL will be delighted to hear that yet again pompey continue to ignore all the rules, embargos etc.

Slovenian goalkeeper Darjan Curanovic admits his 'dreams have come true' after revealing that he is to link up with Portsmouth ahead of the new season.

Curanovic played for Triglav in his homeland last season and is now looking forward to the challenge of playing in a new country.

Portsmouth have yet to confirm the news but Curanovic says he will meet up with the League One club later in the month and then look to make an impression on their pre-season tour.

"My dreams came true," he told Slovenian daily Ekipa.

"I'm heading to England on 14th July and two days later I will travel with my new team-mates to Spain.

"I just can't hide my happiness."

A dream come true? Only if the poor chap has been having quite a few nightmares recently....

:lol:

I feel sorry for him. He's clearly been spun a pile of crap and he's fallen for it.

It probably is a dream come true - the team he plays for - Triglav - were 9th out of 10 in the mighty Slovenian League and they play in a ground with a 2000 capacity. And 10,000 feet up a bloody mountain! Joining Havant & Waterlooville might well be a dream come true!

Well according the player he has actually signed and starts in two weeks time. I'm sure they told him all about the transfer embargo, liquidation and wage defferals.

And he has to eat roadkill, cycle to games and live in a bus stop. No doubt pompey will give him a £10k PW salary as they prepare for next years debt haircut and court appearances.

A dream come true? Only if the poor chap has been having quite a few nightmares recently....

:lol:

The man is from Slovenia, so even portsea might hold a little charm to him.

Judging by his youtube motivational he normally plays in arenas which are merely parks with metal fencing around them to seperate the pitch from the roads and houses surrounding them. So fratton wont actually be too bad for him, although im not sure what the fat-in-pipe situation is like in Slovenia.

I feel sorry for him. He's clearly been spun a pile of crap and he's fallen for it.

Why? He gets a UK taxpayer funded trip to Gibraltor, and having pompey on his cv will give him a good shout at the wessex league when they liquidate.

More worringly, where does this latest development leave Tommy Forecast?

I hear Triglav are looking for a new keeper. It might not quite have the atmosphere of fortress fratton, but the views are terrific.

And 10,000 feet up a bloody mountain!

Pedant alert ! He'd be 400 feet above the top of the mountain. Triglav FC play in Kranj, which is on the central part of Slovenia, just north of Ljubliana.

As for his illustrious recent career - he transferred to Triglav on 31st Dec 2011, and playing in front of an average gate of less than 600, has made 5 starts and 5 appearances as unused substitute. In his 5 starts he kept 2 clean sheets, and conceded 15 goals, including an 8 -0. ( As far as I can determine from a swift perusal of t'Interweb ).

Fourpast would probably be better.

Edited by badgerx16
Trousers is just as big a pedant !

As for his illustrious recent career - he transferred to Triglav on 31st Dec 2012

Impressive as it sounds on paper, I'm not convinced that his time travelling antics are going to help him against the might of Crawley next season to be honest

Edited by trousers

Are you MLG's love child? ;)

No, but I might be his dad ! There are a couple of drunken nights when I was a student that I have very little memory of. :blush:

As for the location of Triglav's ground, I've driven past it. I've also walked around the lower slopes of the mountain of that name, you wouldn't want to try to play footie up there.

Edited by badgerx16

He doesn't look very good. :scared: Should fit in well at poopey.

If they do suvive,IF. Then they are going to be a very poor team in "Div 3" We were a very good team and i was impressed with teams we played more often than not. Teams with players who have played together as a team, poopey won't have that.

What the f**k am i saying ?

Liquidation,it's Liquidation.

God bless Lorraine Kelly. :poundit:

"Agents and other people have approached me sounding me out about things.

‘I have told them “no”, though.

‘The grass is not always greener."/QUOTE]

Is that not called 'tapping up'? and is apoopey..... sorry tried to type illegal there, silly fingers!

Having had a career listening to Corporate BS and having been on a media training course myself, I have taken the liberty of running Unappy's words through my own (soon to be released patent pending) google antiBS translator

meanwhile UnAppy the hero has bravely declared that he's battling on and won't be tempted by all the big clubs who are queuing up to whisk him away from the fortress of fat.

The loyal coaching genius has turned down loads of job offers apparently...

‘The thing is I know it has been frustrating at times but I enjoy my job. I love working in football and want to built a long term career. It's depressing that life is so frustrating at the moment but to progress in football it is always easier to find a job IF you are in employment. Also IF I resign I cannot claim welfare for at least the next couple of months

‘I still get up every day and want to go into work. Because of the derisory salary that I am on at PCFC, I could not afford to go on holiday this year. Sitting around at home everyday in this lousy weather when I couldn't even get outside to do some gardening is just soul destroying. One month of watching day time TV is enough for anyone

‘I am a young man, I am in no hurry. If I started a new job tomorrow I still would not get paid the new wage until the end of July, so even IF I have to wait three weeks for a new job, with a proper contract I'd STILL get more in my pay packet at the end of the month

‘To me it does not matter how long I am here – I've spoken to Mr Birch and so I know that it is only likely to be another 21 days and if I am still here in five or six years we will be in a different league and stabilised. I will have been able to negotiate a living wage with the new owners, because the only people who will be able to keep this club going for that long will be an insane Billionaire

‘I want to be in the football business for the next 25 years – this is my first job, a job I intend to create a legacy. A legacy is what you leave. Hopefully my legacy will occur very shortly

‘If I can do that it will be good for me and good for Portsmouth. Of course it will be good for me, I'll have enough to pay off my credit card bill for the damned toilet rolls down the training ground. Of course it will also help PCFC, they will be able to save my 500 pound a week wages

‘It would have to take a very, very, very good offer for me to leave. A good offer? Well something that was typed using a spell checker of course, but in reality I think the chance to work with 14 players and one goalkeeper would be a bare minimum

But still the comments underneath this press release gloss over how he's heroically guided one of the most expensive teams in the league to relegation.

Yep, just like they loved Cotterill, and relegation expert Avram, UnAppy is the greatest manager of all time.

But the difference this time is he's supported by the best training set up in the country, and of course the bestest fans in the history of world football - so the future is looking rosy!

No, not the dog, nor the shelf stacker.

He doesn't look very good. :scared: Should fit in well at poopey.

If they do suvive,IF. Then they are going to be a very poor team in "Div 3" We were a very good team and i was impressed with teams we played more often than not. Teams with players who have played together as a team, poopey won't have that.

We got out of League 1 by buying the two top scorers in Lambert and Barnard. We bought a proven top end Championship defender and had a solid midfield with an ex premiership Goalie. Even then, we still struggled against some teams.

They are fooked, utterly utterly fooked.

They have no Goalie, they have no one who is going to get them 20 odd goals a season (their top scorer last season had 7!)...

Plymouth mk2.

We got out of League 1 by buying the two top scorers in Lambert and Barnard. We bought a proven top end Championship defender and had a solid midfield with an ex premiership Goalie. Even then, we still struggled against some teams.

They have no Goalie, they have no one who is going to get them 20 odd goals a season (their top scorer last season had 7!)...

Plymouth mk2.

With respect I think that this is disrespectful to Plymouth but I can see them ending up in the same situation. Which is far better than the DFCSBs deserve.

I just wonder how many of the bestest will actually be surprised when the now seemingly inevitable happens & they're wound up ? They could not afford their outlays during the season (hence the deferrals) and as every single day goes by the yawning gap in their finances increases. If they're waiting for a saviour to come in at the 11th hour then I hope they can deal with disapointment well. Brinkmanship appears to be Birch's only hope here - hoping the players are kind-hearted to forego monies they are entitled just to allow the club to survive ? good luck with that.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11719/7859045/Curanovic-heading-to-Pompey

It probably is a dream come true - the team he plays for - Triglav - were 9th out of 10 in the mighty Slovenian League and they play in a ground with a 2000 capacity. And 10,000 feet up a bloody mountain! Joining Havant & Waterlooville might well be a dream come true!

Heard we was a plumber by trade and was employed to clear the fat from the pipes, then he mentioned he played in goal

I have been reading this thread daily for the last six months. I have enjoyed the entertainment it has provided me at the expense of the cheats on Portsea island. I have not had a strong desire to add to it however the time has come for me to add my penny worth. I cannot keep quiet any longer.

It has been debated long and hard all of the options open to the blue phew but the truth is there is only on option, BANKRUPTCY!!

I have been increasingly angered by the work done by TB as administrator. He has a legal duty while running the club not to run up further debts. This is not in the interests of the creditors who he is representing. If I was a creditor I would be hopping mad at his performance to date.

Simply put without the offloading of the high wage-earners they are done for. He has had plenty of time to achieve this and he has failed big time. Following the creditors meeting one week ago he has four weeks to fix the unfixable before they go pop. He has had another week to negotiate with TBH and others. What have we had back, nothing! If nothing is going to happen now it never will, which we have all expected

Trevor Birch close them down and close them down NOW. It is your legal duty.

I have been reading this thread daily for the last six months. I have enjoyed the entertainment it has provided me at the expense of the cheats on Portsea island. I have not had a strong desire to add to it however the time has come for me to add my penny worth. I cannot keep quiet any longer.

It has been debated long and hard all of the options open to the blue phew but the truth is there is only on option, BANKRUPTCY!!

I have been increasingly angered by the work done by TB as administrator. He has a legal duty while running the club not to run up further debts. This is not in the interests of the creditors who he is representing. If I was a creditor I would be hopping mad at his performance to date.

Simply put without the offloading of the high wage-earners they are done for. He has had plenty of time to achieve this and he has failed big time. Following the creditors meeting one week ago he has four weeks to fix the unfixable before they go pop. He has had another week to negotiate with TBH and others. What have we had back, nothing! If nothing is going to happen now it never will, which we have all expected

Trevor Birch close them down and close them down NOW. It is your legal duty.

And don't forget with each passing day it's another £20,000 of deferred wages.

Six starts, he also played in the promotion/relegation playoff against NK Dob which resulted in a 4-0 loss. But he wasn't there all season, he was at Third League Svoboda for the first half of the season (they got relegated too that year)

:) I'm lovin' it ! :)

From a slow drawn out administration to a somewhat speedier and more clinical affair... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/rugby-league/18675339

Bradford Bulls have made their entire coaching staff redundant as they look to find a way out of administration.

Joint-administrator Brendan Guilfoyle has confirmed that 16 members of staff, including coach Mick Potter, have been removed from their positions.

"I was left with no alternative but to make these redundancies," Guilfoyle told BBC Radio Leeds.

"I'm hoping to put some interim measure in place to ensure that the club can continue to fulfil their fixtures."

Along with the coaching staff, chief executive Ryan Duckett and football manager Stuart Duffy have also lost their jobs.

Guilfoyle, who claimed the club had just 10 working days to save themselves from "extinction" upon going into administration last Tuesday, is now looking for someone who would be willing to take on the job of coaching the Super League side on an unpaid basis.

Six starts, he also played in the promotion/relegation playoff against NK Dob which resulted in a 4-0 loss. But he wasn't there all season, he was at Third League Svoboda for the first half of the season (they got relegated too that year)

A free transfer from the 3rd division to the 1st... concedes 15 goals in 5 starts including 8 in one game and plays in front of crowds of between 300 & 500... he must have got scared playing front of 1500 in that 4-0 defeat in the playoff 2nd leg!!

Almost wants me to see him in action for them... almost...