Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They really are in deep mire. The players are probably hoping that they would be able to get their deferred money eventually but unless the PPs cover that they have no hope. If they are on a max £5k a week they would be better off out of it. The FL would have to see the football creditors debt repaid in full by PFC before handing over the golden share. It looks like either way they are going to get their just desserts. The quickest way for the players to get free is liquidation.

Why don't they just give notice that their wage deferral is terminated forthwith. That would bring it to a head.

you fricking nutjobs have done it again!

I go away for less than a week - and it takes me three bloody hours to catch up!!

Though I see there's been quite a few changes.*

A 2nd CVA that will never be paid, and the related takeover that will never be completed, have both been spun as great news for the plucky bestest few.

But in the small print of the story we see the FL have driven a bus through the incident-free exit plan and have nicely paved the way for penalties - and even Trevor Perch was rattled by that little gem.

Perhaps the FL beast is stirring at last...

Not a single plucky hero has gone - in fact Mokoena who was alleged to have departed seems to have returned - but peering through the spin last week we thought that deal wasn't done.

The loyal players will be asked to accept reduced terms over ridiculous timescales - and we all know one fact - if they accept terms, they will never get paid.

But Rallyboy you dozy nutjob, the money to pay them is ringfenced.....yeah Barbie-botherer, course it is, just keep stacking those shelves and pretending that everything is okay.

What else have I missed?

Despite having a promotion warchest of less loose change than Avram's little shaking fingers can tuck into a moving G-String on a dimly-lit podium, UnAppy is STILL talking to Premier League players??:scared:

When will they learn?

And the nutjobs seem to have released their own range of leisurewear...yeah I can see Kate Moss strutting up a Paris catwalk with one of her fried egg tits hanging out of a WTFILN string vest.:o

And you've all rigged a poll that exists primarily to promote a utility company.

As a result we will probably be treated to the sight of a granite tableau of Avram being pleasured by a whore, adjacent to Lampitt stealing money from a wheelchair-bound child who is distracted by a passing mobility scooter.

Outside the football ground this tribute would seem apt, but within a year this stone monstrosity will be between the squirty cheese counter and the Sunny Delight promotional display just inside the doors of Tesco Fratton, and will look ridiculously out of place.

They'll have to use Avram as a coat hook.

I hope you nutjobs can live with that.

*no debt repaid, no wagebill reduction, no new players, same old spin - nothing has happened at all!

you fricking nutjobs have done it again!

I go away for less than a week - and it takes me three bloody hours to catch up!!

Though I see there's been quite a few changes.*

A 2nd CVA that will never be paid, and the related takeover that will never be completed, have both been spun as great news for the plucky bestest few.

But in the small print of the story we see the FL have driven a bus through the incident-free exit plan and have nicely paved the way for penalties - and even Trevor Perch was rattled by that little gem.

Perhaps the FL beast is stirring at last...

Not a single plucky hero has gone - in fact Mokoena who was alleged to have departed seems to have returned - but peering through the spin last week we thought that deal wasn't done.

The loyal players will be asked to accept reduced terms over ridiculous timescales - and we all know one fact - if they accept terms, they will never get paid.

But Rallyboy you dozy nutjob, the money to pay them is ringfenced.....yeah Barbie-botherer, course it is, just keep stacking those shelves and pretending that everything is okay.

What else have I missed?

Despite having a promotion warchest of less loose change than Avram's little shaking fingers can tuck into a moving G-String on a dimly-lit podium, UnAppy is STILL talking to Premier League players??:scared:

When will they learn?

And the nutjobs seem to have released their own range of leisurewear...yeah I can see Kate Moss strutting up a Paris catwalk with one of her fried egg tits hanging out of a WTFILN string vest.:o

And you've all rigged a poll that exists primarily to promote a utility company.

As a result we will probably be treated to the sight of a granite tableau of Avram being pleasured by a whore, adjacent to Lampitt stealing money from a wheelchair-bound child who is distracted by a passing mobility scooter.

Outside the football ground this tribute would seem apt, but within a year this stone monstrosity will be between the squirty cheese counter and the Sunny Delight promotional display just inside the doors of Tesco Fratton, and will look ridiculously out of place.

They'll have to use Avram as a coat hook.

I hope you nutjobs can live with that.

*no debt repaid, no wagebill reduction, no new players, same old spin - nothing has happened at all!

Missed your posts rally boy :-)

Quite. Or it may even be that say 7 or 8 of the high earners that are currently on contract do a deal and get very little, then the 2 or 3 remaining get loads of money. That makes the players even more likely to hang on.

PLUS there is a faint hope that the PFA may get some money out of the parachute payments in liquidation.

Who is going to blink first?

mexican-standoff-photo.jpg

It's Takeover Friday - Port Vale, Notts Forest, Watford

Not forgetting Wycombe Wanderers

Plus investment at Leeds http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18644182

New ground for Brentford http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18642637

Lots of investment reading ceefax! None for Portsmouth.

Pleased for Port Vale :smug:

Edited by St Lightjaw

Plus investment at Leeds http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-buyout-latest-friday-1-4686878

New ground for Brentford http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18644182

Lots of investment reading ceefax! None for Portsmouth.

Pleased for Port Vale :smug:

Sorry, what?

I'd forgotten what that was!

It's liquidation isn't it. No movers eh Trev? How much money has been spent on wages in the last six months ?

HOW MUCH ? Well i don't know, but i bet it is alot..........maybe Millions of pounds stirling.

This is what one of those millions looks like £1,000,000 (look f***ing smart in your bank statement)

Well i think too much time and money has been wasted trying to keep afloat a sinking ship,really it has become beyond a joke and i believe and i've been saying it for ages that poopey WILL be liquidated.

God bless a pint of 49er

It's liquidation isn't it. No movers eh Trev? How much money has been spent on wages in the last six months ?

HOW MUCH ? Well i don't know, but i bet it is alot..........maybe Millions of pounds stirling.

This is what one of those millions looks like £1,000,000 (look f***ing smart in your bank statement)

Well i think too much time and money has been wasted trying to keep afloat a sinking ship,really it has become beyond a joke and i believe and i've been saying it for ages that poopey WILL be liquidated.

God bless a pint of 49er

I think their bigger worry is how much of the wagebill have they deferred in the last six months.

I guess that's God Bless Ticking Timebombs.

The revelation that was somewhat skipped over by most on here was that Birch had put a $5000 (sorry the $ - don't have pounds on my keyboard) ceiling on all weekly wages.

SO:

Tal Ben Haim: $36,000. Deferred Amount: $31,000

King Kanu: $13,000. Deferred Amount: $8,000

Liam 'ticket office' Lawrence: $20,000. Deferred Amount: $15,000

Dave '20 Goals a Season' Kitson: $20,000. Deferred Amount: $15,000

David Norris: $20,000. Deferred Amount: $15,000

Erik the Viking: $15,000. Deferred Amount: $10,000

Aaron Mokoena: $10,000. Deferred Amount: $5,000

Hayden Mullins: $15,000. Deferred Amount: $10,000

Greg '14 days notice' Halford: $10,000. Deferred Amount: $5,000

APPROXIMATE DEFERRED TOTAL PER WEEK: $114,000

TOTAL DEFERRED SINCE ADMINISTRATION APPROX: $1.7 MILLION

That's 1.7mil that those players will never ever see again, no matter what they say, no matter what they sign, no matter over how many years they agree to that money being paid back.

So what does this mean for football? In my opinion, it means that pompey have gained an unfair sporting advantage by buying players that they cannot afford, therefore denying other teams the chance to have these players at their disposal. And yet, the Football League does f**k all about it. Surely they should be punished for this too!

The revelation that was somewhat skipped over by most on here was that Birch had put a $5000 (sorry the $ - don't have pounds on my keyboard) ceiling on all weekly wages.

SO:

That's 1.7mil that those players will never ever see again, no matter what they say, no matter what they sign, no matter over how many years they agree to that money being paid back.

So what does this mean for football? In my opinion, it means that pompey have gained an unfair sporting advantage by buying players that they cannot afford, therefore denying other teams the chance to have these players at their disposal. And yet, the Football League does f**k all about it. Surely they should be punished for this too!

Add Luke 'forgettable' Varney onto that list and you have a total of around $125,000 being deferred a week, up to almost $1.9 MILLION since the wage deferrals began.

SO:

I didn't realise that TB had powers like that to cut wages, how about his own?

let's not forget the NI and tax implications of that lot too - the PPs are disappearing fast...

If we've established anything from the last two years it's that there is no such thing as security when it comes to a debt from pompey.

The players shouldn't accept any deals as they will never see the money, and the only creditor with any security is the loan shark, and his grip on the money owed to him is very weak.

That's what I don't get, they do deals like the CVA with NO intention of EVER paying a penny, yet it's still business as usual.

It would be politer if they just mugged people in the old fashioned way, at least that has some honesty to it.

I'm a robber, give me your cash.

Rather than, sorry, we'll pay some of it back, no really, we will...

Same outcome.

anyone else smiling at the wonderful comment at the bottom. No need even to reply to a gem like that:

Sailor Sam

9:28 AM on 30/06/2012

If Pompey move back to Portsmouth, Southampton will be losing the only quality football available in their area.

I didn't realise that TB had powers like that to cut wages, how about his own?

I'd like to think he has, but he'll probably wriggle out of it somehow. By deferring £1.7m in wages that he has no means of repaying, he's surely increased the club's debt, hasn't he? So surely TB is liable for said debt?

to be fair Birch has deferred his sizeable bill to a later date too.

Had to laugh at the pillock who wants the MOD to subsidise sh1tcity's training facilities. I think the taxpayer has donated enough money to that bunch of thieves.

I wonder who is going to print the programme for their first game, I wonder if St. Johns will turn up, will they get a safety certificate, will Hampshire Constabulary ask for payment in advance, have SSE asked for a security deposit for the leccy? So many questions...

I wonder who is going to print the programme for their first game, I wonder if St. Johns will turn up, will they get a safety certificate, will Hampshire Constabulary ask for payment in advance, have SSE asked for a security deposit for the leccy? So many questions...

That is a key one as I assume it needs to be sorted well before the start of the season? Last year, if I remember correctly, it cost them quite a bit to get the ground a safety certificate (all spun by the news etc as investment in the ground). Luckily for them I suspect the criteria may well be lower for league 1.

anyone else smiling at the wonderful comment at the bottom. No need even to reply to a gem like that:

Sailor Sam

9:28 AM on 30/06/2012

If Pompey move back to Portsmouth, Southampton will be losing the only quality football available in their area.

That's not only an affront to the Saints but Totton and Eastleigh must be mightily p#ssed off as well :)

That is a key one as I assume it needs to be sorted well before the start of the season? Last year, if I remember correctly, it cost them quite a bit to get the ground a safety certificate (all spun by the news etc as investment in the ground). Luckily for them I suspect the criteria may well be lower for league 1.

Hot water delivered through fat-less pipes might be a requirement.

In other news, Gadymack and Leviev are running each other through the courts in a dispute over a diamond deal arranged during the Angolan civil war:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/who-was-telling-the-truth-in-1bn-diamond-trial-no-one-7899696.html

Arkady Gaydamak, 60, – who brought the case in London despite being a fugitive from justice in Israel[/i]

The case is the latest series of complex business disputes brought to London by billionaires from Russia and the former Soviet states. Mr Gaydamak gave evidence via video link from Israel because he feared arrest on a European Arrest Warrant after he was sentenced in France to 36 months in jail for money laundering and tax evasion.

Sounds familiar to the EAW situation with an ever so slightly more current pompey owner.

NIMBY skates please

I'd like to think he has, but he'll probably wriggle out of it somehow. By deferring £1.7m in wages that he has no means of repaying, he's surely increased the club's debt, hasn't he? So surely TB is liable for said debt?

The auditors code of professional conduct requires that they charge a wage that is in line with market totals. (The actual phrasing is something about a fee recquisite as to the time and effort required as well as staffing concerns.) So, don't think he can cut his wage really as the thinking is he has to charge enough to do the job required.

303570_131444736993508_498033617_n.jpg Or maybe this for the blue ****e!! lol

Abysmal spelling of you're.

Nope. The spelling of 'your' is absolutely fine ;)

For when you know you're ****.

For when you know your ****.

Like a Skate hooker, it works both ways. Ask Uncle Avram.

Who are more competent - Wycombe Wanderer's fans trust or Portsmouth's fans trust?

There is only one way to find out.... FIGHT

(alternatively read this)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18657039

I wonder if they required political intervention (seriously frowned upon by world sporting bodies), little miss money penny begging to the PM, or the constant vote grabbing PR through the local rag?

Did the WW manager bleat in the press that he wants to sign PL players whilst insolvent and continues to do so?

Well done Wycombe, a shining example to the deluded residents of the tax haven of portsea.

Jamie Ashdown believes Pompey will benefit from bringing their training base back to the city. :lol: (nice spin, Jamie).

The Blues look likely to leave their Eastleigh training ground and are on the look out for a new set-up.

And Ashdown reckons it will be a positive move to ensure their new home is back in Portsmouth.

Trevor Birch has admitted Pompey are looking at their options, with the Eastleigh lease weighing heavily on them.

The Blues’ former base at HMS Collingwood and a site on Portsea Island have been mooted as possible options moving forward.

Tel_Hanan_–_old_football_field.JPG

Is this now the longest thread in the world ever?

It would seem not as according to urban dictionary:-

Longest thread 2 up, 4 down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic! is probably the longest thread to have been created. It was hosted on MMO-Champion.com, hit 239,345 posts

and 11,968 pages before it had to be locked cause of technical limitations. Another thread has been started in its place, My Little Pony - Friendship

is Magic (part 2). As of 27-10-2011 you can still catch the original thread in MMO-Champion's search feature if you want to check out this part

of internet history.

Bet that thread doesn't have as many "nut-jobs" as this one though :lol:

Jamie Ashdown believes Pompey will benefit from bringing their training base back to the city. :lol: (nice spin, Jamie).

The Blues look likely to leave their Eastleigh training ground and are on the look out for a new set-up.

And Ashdown reckons it will be a positive move to ensure their new home is back in Portsmouth.

Trevor Birch has admitted Pompey are looking at their options, with the Eastleigh lease weighing heavily on them.

The Blues’ former base at HMS Collingwood and a site on Portsea Island have been mooted as possible options moving forward.

Tel_Hanan_–_old_football_field.JPG

I must say, the blue painted dwellings and the palm trees gently swaying in the breeze give it a real 'Island in the Sun' look. Perhaps that's a native's blowpipe in the right foreground?