Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

When is deadline day?
deadline day to me is when the CVA was to be agreed and BC to take over. If you wish to qualify it more then Iam happy to do so. more importantly where is the money to go, I would prefer a Childrens charity

Are those two statements mutually exclusive of each other? I though Westwood or TCWOAB couldn't sign due to lack of funds and the transfer embargo is relevant for signing players?

My take is that he's still registered as a player. He got the OK from the FL because they promised he would be a coach, but was blackballed by the club. Having got as far as it did, with Westwood handing in his notice at Lincoln, my guess is that it was given the OK by TB, and the blackball came from somewhere much, much farther east.

So....let's re-cap....Pompey have the finances to employ a recruitment manager but no finances to recruit anyone else.

Genius.

This did make me laugh.

I'm sure Armando Iannucci could make a fantastic "thick of it" type show about these clowns. The only problem would be everyone would think it was too far fetched.

The Skates will finally accept a place in the BSq ?

That would be too light a punishment, its the Wessex league or lower for me... if the trust can afford a groundshare with Moneyfields FC and PFC Ladies FC then they have an arena too.

So... Antonov is re-arrested as the Lithuanian and Latvian governments double their claims against Vladimir and his mate...

Interestingly the investigators are now directly commenting on Antonov using stolen funds "to for a UK soccer club"... It certainly seems a bit ridiculous of Antonov/CSI to give the patently insolvent skates a £10/11m unsecured loan!

...cash had been siphoned off to pay for high-end property, luxury cars and a U.K. soccer club.

Snoras used deposits to buy securities that were later transferred to Swiss bank accounts belonging to people related to Antonov and other former shareholders, according to Lithuania’s central bank. The securities were then used as collateral for loans, which were transferred to the offshore accounts of other related parties, it alleges.

The outflow of funds continued for several years in “a really quite complex web of associations,” according to Cooper. “Without any shadow of a doubt,” the withdrawals pushed Snoras into insolvency.

He also took control of English soccer club Portsmouth F.C., which went into administration following his arrest and was later relegated to the country’s third division after receiving a points penalty because of its financial position.

...high-end property, luxury cars and a U.K. soccer club = Sandbanks, Spyker and the skates!

Hats off to our investigative geniuses on here and the good people at RUmafia, who were right all along.

Roll on the 27th July to see what happens to our favourite russian mafia members!

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-07-05/russian-banker-fights-extradition-as-global-asset-hunt-begins

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-06/ex-bankas-snoras-owners-arrested-again-in-u-k-over-fraud-claims.html

And the football authorities still gloss over the fact that he took control of pompey using stolen money.

Oh well.

Methinks pompey just tried to pull a fast one by sneaking a player in dressed as a coach...

Nice try, but the FL are finally wising up to their ways.

And those three will be gone by Monday will they?

Now that would be a bombshell, in the traditional sense of the word.

So just to clarify things - next week, the problem with the coach will be sorted, three big earners will be gone, and the transfer restrictions will be lifted....

Yeah, that all seems likely. :lol:

That would be too light a punishment, its the Wessex league or lower for me... if the trust can afford a groundshare with Moneyfields FC and PFC Ladies FC then they have an arena too.

So... Antonov is re-arrested as the Lithuanian and Latvian governments double their claims against Vladimir and his mate...

Interestingly the investigators are now directly commenting on Antonov using stolen funds "to for a UK soccer club"... It certainly seems a bit ridiculous of Antonov/CSI to give the patently insolvent skates a £10/11m unsecured loan!

...high-end property, luxury cars and a U.K. soccer club = Sandbanks, Spyker and the skates!

Hats off to our investigative geniuses on here and the good people at RUmafia, who were right all along.

Roll on the 27th July to see what happens to our favourite russian mafia members!

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-07-05/russian-banker-fights-extradition-as-global-asset-hunt-begins

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-06/ex-bankas-snoras-owners-arrested-again-in-u-k-over-fraud-claims.html

I do believe I kept harping on about his McLaren MP whatever. So yeah well done us

hmm wonder if that is available on the cheap from the CSI Administrator. :rolleyes:

What' AA driving these days?

Keep an eye out for this lad...

"Whatmough is a centre-back from Gosport who was snapped up by Pompey three years ago after a spell at Southampton."

...we'll be able to claim him as one of our own when he plays in the next World Cup...

Apparently, Hawkeye have regretfully had to inform Pompey that they won't be able to provide goal line technology for them next season as the system hasn't yet been configured to work with jumpers for goalposts properly.

Apparently, Hawkeye have regretfully had to inform Pompey that they won't be able to provide goal line technology for them next season as the system hasn't yet been configured to work with jumpers for goalposts properly.

Instead, they are going for the much, cheaper system known as "Mole-vision", you can see one installed here:

Dead+Moles+1+small.JPG

Portsea Islander

Would be brilliant if we could somehow retain the services of Norris. He has the skill & experience to rip League 1 defenses apart. I remember when he was at Plymouth Argyle (my 2nd club) when they were in the same league as Pompey are now; he was played as a winger but would decimate defenses with his trickery and pace.

Hey....I've got an idea my dear Pompey fan....how about your club pays players like Norris (that are 'too good for League One') a wage that the club can't afford in order to retain them for next season? Just go into Admin for a 3rd time when the day comes to pay the bill. Genius.

:facepalm:

Deluded Pompey fan Mk II....

Blue Walter

In the case of Mr Mullins he is one of the players I would like to stay and also set an example to the other players. I think he is an ideal candidate to stay because we would not get a fee for him but he would be more than a useful player at League 1 standard. We know he is a grafter and not short on skill and experience. He is coming to the end of his career and therefore would not expect to command anymore than the wage ceiling set by the club. The example he could set would be to waiver his defferals (or settle longer term) and sign a new contract and thereby showing that actions speak louder than words.

:facepalm:

if Kanu is only on £6K a week I'm a fricking total football expert who can coach the academy side to promotion!

I know they tried to stitch him by spreading his wages over an extra year, now they are trying to steal the rest from the poor fella.

He's gonna end up at a glue factory or in pet food, the least they could do is pay him what he's owed.

If players are on six times his wage he has every right to be miffed.

Glad we didn't treat Bobby Stokes like that.

I don't know why they're worried , according to their latest press release all their major problems are scheduled to be solved by Tuesday teatime.

Even the most realistic of their fans appear to be well.....rather unrealistic, exhibit A:

"Simple as, come Monday we have a good enough squad of overated, overaged players who should be good enough to win Div.1 easily, zimmer frames and back problems pending. If not we will be liquidated with their wage bill if we cannot get rid of them. PUP"

Someone wrote above about the players we needed to bring in to even compete in league one and I personally think they haven't considered why so many clubs from league one have gone on to compete so well in the championship...simple really, the step up or down is actually rather small, so, if you were rubbish in the championship and with a smaller team, you'll be awful in league one.

and if we revisit the historic first post...

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

A little?!...:scared:

I think it's fair to say we've taken our own Alan Patridge plate, filled our boots from the gloating buffet - and been back numerous times.

Yet 1317 pages later, they are not an inch closer to stability.

Happy Birthday PTS, and congrats to the proud dad FF.

How's that brief summary of the whole thread going?...

and if we revisit the historic first post...

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

A little?!...:scared:

I think it's fair to say we've taken our own Alan Patridge plate, filled our boots from the gloating buffet - and been back numerous times.

Yet 1317 pages later, they are not an inch closer to stability.

Happy Birthday PTS, and congrats to the proud dad FF.

How's that brief summary of the whole thread going?...

Ha cracking saying.

I would not want them to go under but quite happy for them to

1. have points deductions

2. sell all their best players

3. start in L1

This was posted by Amesbury Saint on the first day of the thread and I think that his wish has definitely come true.

Corp's first appearance on this thread. as ever scoring nul points

FWIW, while the deal could still fall apart I was told yesterday by someone who's actually involved in the takeover that whilst there were still a few issues to sort out it's still very much on. Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn't laugh too loudly too soon if I were you. I'm not party to the whole thing but if the rumour about where the money's coming from (and how much of it there is ready to be used on players and improving the club) are true you lot are going to be pig sick.

Last night at work I tried to gloat about our guy having a 2.5billion wealth, However the amount of Pompey fans saying there man has 8 billion made most saints fans quiet.

Now if this is true then I declare the 8th of July as 'Saints Takeoff Day'

Oh how true that was Pilchards. How damned true

Quote of the day from pompeyfansonline.net

"Oh dear...seems like the people behind the new bloke pulled out and the new man was told told that if HE didn't buy it then it was all over for scum.....As he didn't want to lose face and have that on his hands he agreed...Basically he doesn't want it and has a dud on his hands...FAF..."

Without a doubt the most retarded post I think I've ever seen... ever!

Oh dear Darren. Got that one wrong old friend.

That was possibly the SINGLE most accurate post ever made on a poopey forum during this whole sorry mess

FWIW, while the deal could still fall apart I was told yesterday by someone who's actually involved in the takeover that whilst there were still a few issues to sort out it's still very much on. Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn't laugh too loudly too soon if I were you. I'm not party to the whole thing but if the rumour about where the money's coming from (and how much of it there is ready to be used on players and improving the club) are true you lot are going to be pig sick.

Sleep well little Saints piggies, your day will come...

pig-in-bed.jpg

Edited by Matthew Le God

Administration - PMSL.

What's really making me laugh about your situation is how high and mighty you've all been about when Pompey went into administration, about how dispicable it was to deprive creditors of their money etc etc. Now you're all hoping like **** that your holding company smokescreen can save you taking a 10 point hit. I've had so many comments on here revelling in their hope that Mandaric/ Gaydamak would walk away meaning we'd go bust - how's it feel now the boots on the other foot lads? Not quite as smug now? Remember the days when I first came on the old website, when I was told so many times you were the best run club in the land? That Rupert was a shining example of how a chairman should operate? LOL.

For the record I don't believe you'll go out of business. I'm sure someone will come in and buy you before your deadline passes. Might not be Paul Allen but at least some joker (probably Roops) will bail you out. I'm also aware before anyone points it out that Pompey could very easily find themselves in the same boat again.

Still, for all the times you've taken the **** about Pompey going bust, Gaydamak walking away leaving us penniless, the state of PFC going into administration and all the other digs you've made - I'm cracking up laughing here :D

The boot feels great, it's a perfect fit. :lol: