Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Bournemouth must be spitting bullets considering how severly they were punished when they went in to admin...they had every right to be expecting the sort of team plymouth had to play they other night instead they find themself playing what sounds like quite a respectable league 1 side....who by the sound of Solent are giving Bournemouth a bit of a battering in the opening miniutes.

Bournemouth must be spitting bullets considering how severly they were punished when they went in to admin...they had every right to be expecting the sort of team plymouth had to play they other night instead they find themself playing what sounds like quite a respectable league 1 side....who by the sound of Solent are giving Bournemouth a bit of a battering in the opening miniutes.

It's a complete outrage. Come on Lee tear them a new one.

But they are still dependant on PST's bid succeding - if it does not I can't see them surviving on their month by month rolling contract program. If ( when ? ) PST fails they go 'pop' and the results are wiped out.

It won't happen. IMO they will stay in admin until the Trust has enough money to take over.

But surely any increase in the Trust's coffers will increase at a lower rate than Trev's fees? So their predicament will increase the longer admin goes on.

They will find a way out of it. I suspect one of the HNW individuals will get them enough to get over the line. Either that or they will be up near the top of the league and someone will come in and take them over. They are playing a clever game because as long as they give the illusion of being a club on the up (and no doubt they will do well this year with the players they have now) then they will still be someone out there worth taking a punt on them. I resigned myself to this ages ago.

So what I don't understand for months we have heard them whittle ring on about the integrity of the league and how they should be allowed to sign players "to compete"' ( never quite got this as surely any team in any league that is bottom of the league is not "competitive". However, they have signed this current crop of over paid mercenaries on the never never, what happens at the end of the month when they can't afford them. The likes of Bompey, Colchester and Oldham are playing these guys now whereas the likes of Stevenage, Crawley end up playing the players they should be playing now. How does that protect the integrity of the competition? Surely the FL should be making sure that they can afford to pay these players for the whole season

Bit sickening to hear on the BBC how "pompeys luck is maybe starting to change" and Garth Crooks talking about how the fans have stuck by them blah blah blah I thought their luck changed when they were allowed to get round a transfer embargo oh or perhaps when they wrote off 150 million worth of debt?

So what I don't understand for months we have heard them whittle ring on about the integrity of the league and how they should be allowed to sign players "to compete"' ( never quite got this as surely any team in any league that is bottom of the league is not "competitive". However, they have signed this current crop of over paid mercenaries on the never never, what happens at the end of the month when they can't afford them. The likes of Bompey, Colchester and Oldham are playing these guys now whereas the likes of Stevenage, Crawley end up playing the players they should be playing now. How does that protect the integrity of the competition? Surely the FL should be making sure that they can afford to pay these players for the whole season

Nope. They will renew all the contracts each month. It's a neat way of getting around the rules by allowing them to sign really decent players but without the long term commitment from themselves.

Bit sickening to hear on the BBC how "pompeys luck is maybe starting to change" and Garth Crooks talking about how the fans have stuck by them blah blah blah I thought their luck changed when they were allowed to get round a transfer embargo oh or perhaps when they wrote off 150 million worth of debt?

It's the whole plucky little pompey beating the massive giants of football (I think the term money bags team was used) Bournemouth I'm finding hard to take.....

I hope Howard and all these other cvnts get released at the end of the month, cant get another contract anywhere else, can't pay their mortgages, have to sell up and end up living in Fratton for the rest of their lives, miserable in the knowledge they shouldve gone nowhere near the skates and it ruined their lives.

It's the whole plucky little pompey beating the massive giants of football (I think the term money bags team was used) Bournemouth I'm finding hard to take.....

Portsmouth manager Michael Appleton told BBC Radio Solent:

"Bournemouth are having a right go at it.

"They've got wealthy backers and they have spent a few quid."

And Pompey haven't? They've got wealthy backers - the tax man, the tax payers, the local businesses, local charities......

The way I look at it is this;

Pompey is in the rear view mirror. The more time that passes between now and the future, the further away in the rear view mirror they will be.

Once they are out of sight from the rear view mirror, I will remember them, but not care two hoots about them.

for the meanwhile, they can win games of football, lose them, pay their bills, not pay their bills, but as I far as I care, we have left them behind.....

So long, suckers....

Halo, I have to say that your posting is a true example of how quality over quantity can work. Apart from expressing just how vile the spin from down the road has become so eloquently, You also made me laugh out loud at the 'plucky Pompey' song.

Genuine red wine to IPad moment.

Thanks St Chalet. Yeah, quality over quantity is the way for me. Or is it just inconsistency? I can't decide. ;)

You'd all get bored of me if I posted too often anyway.

Glad you liked the 'pluck p*mpey' song. And sorry about the IPad mate.

*Halo* - that was an epic rant. I bow down in admiration. I hope it was as therapeutic as it looks

Cheers mate. It was when I wrote it, getting it out of the system. But then I read it back after, and it made me angry again. :p

Michael Douglas doesn't have enough guns in that bag to dispense with the 'justice' they deserve. ;)

I so empathise with this post. I was getting absolutely furious whilst reading it.

Cheers alpine. I can't imagine why. :p

One of my kids has just turned round to me tonight and said he wants to quit playing football. He basically said he is sick of the fundamental injustice built into football; we live in a small village but because he wasnt born there, he gets left on the the bench in favour of less talented kids and gets little coaching support compared to the "locals". He is really down. He is 8 years old, FFS.

Sorry to hear that mate. That sucks.

At least he's not a p*mpey fan. It could be worse. There's always that chink of light to brighten his mood.

Seriously. This has to make the top 10 posts ever on this thread. Well done that man.

Thanks Kingsbridge. Honoured to make your list. :)

She is a girl...

If I'm honest, even in such a slow to anger man as I...

Sorry to disappoint you my friend, but the pair of testicles dangling between my legs indicates the contrary. And yes, I was definitely born with them. ;)

Pure 100% heterosexual red blooded male here, and former member of the Master Bates PM club.

Maybe you're thinking of slipped_halo? She's a girl.

*Halo* ...... congratulations on such a wonderful post - please don't wait 3 years before expressing your next opinion of what is going on down at Fortress Fatpipes!!!

Thanks Eric, glad you enjoyed it. I don't think there will be any goings on down at Fortress Fatpipes in three years. Unless you count Tesco's shoppers. ;)

It seems unfair to pick out just one part of your post, but for me the little ditty made me not only LOL ... I roared with laughter and was gleefully singing along to it for ages and it helped move the little dark cloud over my head after all the ups and downs of our transfer news!!

Lol, happy be of some amusement my friend.

Comedy Gold ..... Rallyboy you are going to have to Up Your Game matey!!!

I'm not even approaching that level. Rallyboy has quality and quantity.

An endless supply of comedy genius. I am not fit to tie his laces. :adore:

"Great Uncle Trevor Bulgaria". :lol:

Funniest post I've ever read on here. I couldn't stop laughing all day, whenever I thought of it.

Best rant ever! Sir, I salute you!

Cheers Danish. Glad my tirade found favour with you mate.

Can I just take a few seconds to mark the outstanding quality contained in the last two pages?

Halo, This Charming Man, Lazlo78, Florida Statto Marlin (crusher of myths a la MLG), the guy from Carlisle whose post is pasted, the people who commented on the 'queued round the corner' pic (LOLOL...probably most were asking for their money back!)...these are to be commended as they stand out even among the usual suspects who are also represented here! Take a bow

Thanks for the inclusion dronski. It has been a great few days of quality amusement in here. I loved that Carlisle fan's contribution too.

Despite the media blackout surrounding the disgraceful antics down the road on the Isle of Skullduggery, your average fan on the street is waking up, and smelling the pungent aroma of rotten fish.

F*cking cheating skate c*nts are 1-0 up against Cherries at half time, with a bunch of mercenaries they can't afford. Insult to injury. Solent fawning all over the "bestest fans in the world eva™". Nothing changes. 15,000 odd there apparently, and they "can't see an empty seat".

The fatpipes must've burst and covered over them all. :rolleyes:

Thanks to your response it was done on an even more regular basis after that game. As for mocking the "camp wave", you have a demented, grown man in fancy dress who rings a bell for 90mins. I know what I'd rather.

A few minor errors in your post;

1. I've seen numerous Skates wishing that the club would just go under so you can start again.

2. You do worry about how the world perceives you, hence you constantly harping on about being the best fans in the world.

3. You don't always dig in. You didn't sell out one single game during your 'Pack the Park' campaign in your hour of need. Did you even sell out a game last season, other than against us?

4. You have boo'd your players, managers and protested against your board in the past.

5. Your vomit inducing love-in with Henry was one of the most cringe-worthy things I've ever seen at a football game. Like a bunch of star struck 10 year old girls at a JLS concert. Makes our piped crowd noise incident seem almost ok.

Oh and please stop with 'the whole world is against us' attitude, it's not necessary and a little bit embarrassing. You're a small club that are annoying the fellow small clubs in your league by repeatedly failing to live within your means. Other than us who find your whole situation hilarious, nobody is particularly bothered about your demise and nobody will really miss you when you're gone.

THIS ...except they did not sell out fortress fatpipes against us, there were a fair few empty seats if you looked hard enough

amongst the rabid screamers and the toothless shouting death threats...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})