Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

If a fan went onto the pitch and assaulted the linesman, what do you think a clubs punishment would be? The next game to be played behind closed doors perhaps, or some other punitive measure.

A Pompey fan did so so years back and the club got away fairly scot free, it has been going on for years.

An old mate of mine, made the back page of the News of the World, with 'Pompey Shame'. 1994 i think it was? It wasnt the linesman, it was the referee and he didnt 'Assault' him he just pushed him. He was given a lifetime ban by the club which eventually got overturned. A moment of drunken stupidity, but he hardly got away with it. Nothing the club could of done to stop it.

An old mate of mine, made the back page of the News of the World, with 'Pompey Shame'. 1994 i think it was? It wasnt the linesman, it was the referee and he didnt 'Assault' him he just pushed him. He was given a lifetime ban by the club which eventually got overturned. A moment of drunken stupidity, but he hardly got away with it. Nothing the club could of done to stop it.

You suit each other.

You disgust me. So does your mate.

Your fault..............2-2 now

My fault? Did I allow a club that has just stitched all and sundry for £150m to sign a player on the day of a game so he could score the equaliser with his first touch?

I suggest Birch and the FL are more culpable.

http://www.friendsreunited.com/portsmouth-a-villa-dispute/Memory/f0245f8b-9e0e-4a4b-af7d-a009011f7720

That's your 1997-1999 kit, a little bit more recent. So you're serial offenders - and there was a Sheff Utd fan who attacked a lino at Fratton in 1998 as well. Not the most secure place to go, really should shut it down...

3rd Jan 1998, just looked it up. There's a picture so you can tell us if that's your mate too.

Edited by The9

Also interested to note the 5 loans are being wasted on one month deals... then it'll be begging time again probably. I'm hoping the FL say the kids who played in the League Cup count as senior players now, they didn't last year but they wouldn't pick any of them at all then - this was a FL competition - if not the League.

Interesting question on another forum

Will the players on monthly contracts make themselves available for cup competitions?

If so this may well reduce their opportunities with other clubs.

Could be why they didn't sign them before the Plymouth game (maybe the players held out so they wouldn't be played and not cup-tied) and played kids.

Edited by St Jim

4,335 or so at Colchester in total. So I guess maybe 750 of the phew. Which is quite good but also the hard core.

Sums up why it is impossible for this little country of ours to support four professional football divisions.

Tier three football with low crowds and still relatively high earners (compared to the average man in the street). I do wish football governance would do some governing

Wasn't the fan's fault guv, it was Chinny, Storrie, al Mirage, Al Fatman, the Gun-Runner, the Gun-Runner's son, the Dodgy Serb, Saggychops..........oh and now the beer.

tell me, what message does it send when a club rightly punishes a fan (by giving a life ban) for assaulting an official (push, smack, punch, kick ...they are all forms of assault so don't try to play it down by giving it the "it was only a push" - i've seen people serioulsy injured from a push), only to overturn it (probably after the publicity died down)?

Disgusting club, disgusting fans and from my experience living there, disgusting locals!

following Appy's begging, this sinister 'transfer' development doesn't reflect well on the few.

Is someone really going to stump up their own cash for more players?

If so, they've obviously been happy to stand around and watch creditors getting raped, they then stood around with hands in pockets and watched a second raping.

There was outrage, the poor fans were misled, it wasn't their fault, they were as much victims as the mugged local businesses and charities.

They shook heads, tutted and expressed disappointment that their club's dodgy owners has treated people so badly....

But as soon as Appy asks to buy a striker, is someone really rushing straight down there, climbing over the wheelchairs and the dying kids, pushing the war veterans and bankrupted builders out of the way, desperate to chuck their cash about like flash shallow morons?

Morally bankrupt would cover it.

How could you stand around for two years watching your own city being shafted, QA cancer wards being closed due to taxation cuts, the British Legion being robbed - and you then judge that Appy's begging is a worthy cause? :scared:

It's unfair to tar all with this particular brush, I'm sure some of their fans are embarrassed and they made efforts to sort charities, BUT anyone who coughs up cash and chucks it down the blackhole rather than helping out the community is a disgrace.

I do hope they name them, I would really like to know which companies I need to boycott for the rest of my days.

IF this happens it'll just be ANOTHER staggering flick of the V's in the face of all the businesses robbed by their club - and the connection between 'the innocent fans' and the criminal management will be a little cosier.

A transfer scam like this would make them one big happy family.

And any fans who let it go on without question would be right in the mix among the money-launderers and thieves, they could no longer plead the ignorance card, they will have supported the robbing, and the gaining of sporting advantage through financial doping.

It would be disgusting - lower than Jo Cala's basement and dirtier than Avram's least favourite Y-fronts.

I always get a little bit excited, when I check this thread, and see "Last post" is made by "rallyboy".... In the time it takes for the pages to load, I have a strong sense of another epic rant or poetic b*llocking of the skates.

Nutjob - I salute you, sir! :)

Regarding the call for local monies to tranfers: "Have you no shame sir? At long last, have you no shame?"

Anyone mad enough to give the club that sort of money must be hardcore fans. Aren't these the only set of people the club haven't screwed over? Let's hope they do give them the money they need as I'm pretty sure I know what the club will do with it.

Anyone mad enough to give the club that sort of money must be hardcore fans. Aren't these the only set of people the club haven't screwed over? Let's hope they do give them the money they need as I'm pretty sure I know what the club will do with it.

"Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen @bigluca84 Yes, one supporter has pledged £10,000 and another £30,000! Incredible gestures. "

I tried to reply to his tweet with that very thought but I suspect he's blocked my address as I can't get my tweet to errrr tweet

I will accept that you would know it better than us, (reading a later post it seems I was correct and the Pompey fan is seen about to attack the lino on the blind side.) So the fan was 'rewarded' with a lifetime ban, there is little deterrent there then Edited by OldNick

I hope Karma doesn't bite me for saying this but in a way I hope some idiot does

give them 30,000 Pounds and then loses all of it. They might then realise how all

the companies etc stuffed by PFC felt. Mind you I wonder if they actually care how

the others felt as they probably think "it won't happen to them" and the others who

lost probably exaggerated the actual fiqures.

I always get a little bit excited, when I check this thread, and see "Last post" is made by "rallyboy".... In the time it takes for the pages to load, I have a strong sense of another epic rant or poetic b*llocking of the skates.

Nutjob - I salute you, sir! :)

Regarding the call for local monies to tranfers: "Have you no shame sir? At long last, have you no shame?"

Really? I dont even read Rallyboys posts anymore, he's boring as f*ck and says the same things, over and over and over.... He might as well do a daily cut and paste.

Really? I dont even read Rallyboys posts anymore, he's boring as f*ck and says the same things, over and over and over.... He might as well do a daily cut and paste.

Don't worry, at least you'll have football to liven up your weekends... oh wait.

Don't worry, at least you'll have football to liven up your weekends... oh wait.

Maybe he needs another court case to keep him entertained. It's been far too long since PFC were last in court although I have a feeling he won't have to wait that much longer...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})