Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

wayhey... possibles though:

1. Chinney sees the PST approach of needing to rengotiate the player deferrals by 75% as a good idea and will try and do the same AFTER he has his mits back on the club.... afterall nothing is signed by hiim so he is free to try as teh PST were to renegotiate these compromise agreements

2. He has a new owner waiting in the wings - so need to get hold of it first to then sell on to another mug/arms dealer/child maimer/loan shark

3. simply had enough, wants his cash as much as possible and will just liquidate them AFTER all the creditots have agreed to his offer, and paid them so he keep the lions share of the proceeds]] - Is there anything to stop him spending his 500k to pay of teh CVAs and then liquidating keeping teh 3 mil + the proceeds from teh fratton park sale and walking away with 4-5 mil?

4. Realises that its pretty clear that Trev is going to keep them in admin for a lot longer whlst racking up his fees whichs means nothing left for His good self on liquidation

5. Going to pump in a shed load of cash and take them to the champions league with his own money (maybe too far fetched this one)

6. Going to pump in a shed load of cash as a guarranteed loan and in effect become the only creditor - or just spend spend spend other peoples money and not give a flying feck about another admin - as he has seen how easy it is to write off and how gullable and accepting of this scenario teh FL and their own fans are.

Edited by Frank's cousin

Two things I don't get :

1. Neil Allen told us that there was no need to panic, there was enough money to run the club until January - well, there is if a couple of mugs cough up £60k! But now all of a sudden the club will be liquidated in two weeks [again!] if Chinny doesn't take over! Which one is it?

2. Is Chinny a hero again now? He's been a hero and a villian so many times, it's hard to keep up! I guess we should all really on Neil's informed opinion ;)

In 2011, he was quoted in a newspaper in Watford as admitting that he changed his surname from Bazini after being declared bankrupt five years ago. He eventually sold Watford in June this year to the Pozzo family, which owns Italian side Udinese.

;):lol:

Damn....needed to read two more posts, oh well! seeing it twice is doubly funny :lol:

Edited by Gingeletiss

OMG! this just gets better and better!

i have some family who work at watford and let me tell you, if this were to happen it would be perfect for us!

if you want to know what this giys about, just take a look at what happened in his last few days at watford.

amongst other things, it included a blazing row in the middle of an open office when he was denied access to the club safe!

From the Torygraph article:

Now, reading between the lines, is that or is that not suggesting that Chainrai threatened - as a creditor - to liquidate the club in order to block the Trust's bid (presumably because he wasn't getting offered enough for the stadium) so that his own bid could proceed?

This is my take on it.

Chainrai being a major creditor theoretically was going to pull the plug (liquidate) to stifle what any small chance PST had of taking over.

he slates the PST bid publicly,tries to appear as the saviour as the only other option was liquidation.......in fact he was,as creditor,going to liquidate the club himself.

Two things I don't get :

1. Neil Allen told us that there was no need to panic, there was enough money to run the club until January - well, there is if a couple of mugs cough up £60k! But now all of a sudden the club will be liquidated in two weeks [again!] if Chinny doesn't take over! Which one is it?

2. Is Chinny a hero again now? He's been a hero and a villian so many times, it's hard to keep up! I guess we should all really on Neil's informed opinion ;)

Was mentioned in one of the reports that the PP cash in the bank could actually be a nightmare for them as it could encourage any creditor to seek liquidatiuons NOW before this money was spent as 4mil divided up is a darn site more than the 500K chinney was offering - The end game is that Chinney one way or another want to amx out his claim - get as much back as he can - on liquidation he would get a couple of mil for Fratton and only a small proposrtion of the cash - originally hes hoping that once Birch had negotiated the compromises it would mean access to about 8mil in PPs - after all by that point teh CVA would have been paid up to 500K...so all his.... unfortunately for him the compromises agreed by Birch woithe the playesr swallow up nearly all the parachutes appaently so he pulled out of the deal.... last nights twist appear a new strategy - possibly as someone threatened to pull the plug now and divi up the cash - nothing to do with the 18k packing the park as delluded as the skates are - No is only back to protect his cahnce of getting as much cash back as possible - he knows to that he must be in cahrge of the purse strings and maybe sees a chnace to renegotiate teh compromise agreements with playesr after he is back in cahrge and as we have started the season, the the golden share in place (because the compromises were agreed) nowt to stop trying this now witha weak FL unlikely to kick them out..... Basically as things stand he gets about 2mil on liquidation, if his cunning plan comes off he could see as much as 5 mil in cash plus another 2-3 for Fratton and whatever anyone else is willing to pay him for a 'debt free' L2 club

I dont understand the celebration on here. BC has money and will keep PFC afloat. Reading between the lines and his 'talks' with the FL I feel he has had assurances about the -10. Yet again they limped on to the start of a season and knew once the first ball is kicked the FL will do anything to keep the club alive and not have their league messed up.

Pompey have got away with it and watch them improve again. Never have they been properly punished, it is galling and whilst many Skates will not go to FP as soon as their results do an upturn they will go back.

Also, reading these reports, it is hinted that a major creditor issued a liquidation order, most assume it was Portpin, I'm thinking it may of been HMRC..........thoughts?
Wasn't there talk of some of Hughes etc putting in a claim? It could well have been them

I dont understand the celebration on here. BC has money and will keep PFC afloat. Reading between the lines and his 'talks' with the FL I feel he has had assurances about the -10. Yet again they limped on to the start of a season and knew once the first ball is kicked the FL will do anything to keep the club alive and not have their league messed up.

And how would the other 23 teams in L1 view the FL reneging on their openly published conditions ?

The least competitive team will finish bottom of the league. That is sport.

Why should a team be given special treatment to not finish bottom, and have another club finish bottom in their place?

I appreciate this has been asked before, but I remain very confused. They have an average to decent L1 side. Lots of players others can't afford. How does this happen? It's amazing any PFC fans feel comfortable with it, I wouldn't. My passion for the game has diminished enough anyway.

Some drone on about Man City, PSG, Utd or whoever, which completely misses the point. FWIW I don't like the huge debts of these clubs either. Even clubs like Saints spending beyond their means to get up isn't really in the spirit of the game. The key difference is there aren't creditors suffering. It's merely the choice of certain very rich people to spend their money on it. Common sense prevails when large outlay is used to develop the club, and that's where I'm happy with saints. Infrastructure, academy, training ground. With each pound spent, the club is worth more. Players signed are on the way up. They won't all work out, but most will be worth more, they are assets. It makes it far more difficult to fall apart when you're worth something, and far more likely you'll attract more buyers if needed.

To stay in the top flight, albeit at creditors cost, for several seasons and do nothing to improve infrastructure is shameful. Putting aside the money stolen from PFC's community, they also stole the chance of a new stadium, proper training facilities and a decent academy that could really boost the club. Just short term impatient greed and ignoring all common sense.

They will continue to write off all criticism as rivalry, which makes following football essentially pointless. Who knows most about this? Football fans. Yet 99% of football fans follow a club, so can be written off as biassed. Personally, I put being objective and having a slightest degree of morality 100 times before Southampton Football Club.

The people I'd love to hear from are the creditors who've lost their money. The ones who really needed it. How do they feel seeing PFC yet again sign players the rest of L1 can't afford? Even if it's a month, it's still costing a lot. How did they feel last time? How did they feel after their debt was written off when the club went shopping with stolen lithuanian money? How do they feel when their fans try to justify it without every suggesting perhaps spare funds could be used to actually pay off some creditors? How do they feel when the sub-human, relentlessly blind, hypocritical vile little **** of a local 'journalist' Neil Allen still bangs on about their great FA cup win, or tries to run players on big money out of town, just because they had the nerve to be offered massive contracts no others clubs would.

That's why however Saints get on this season, I won't enjoy any weekend's football while I see this hellish sh1t of a club die. Any self-respecting fans would have been long gone, taken their money and started a club that meant something positive. Yet they'd sooner burn their money and feed satan's corpse. Why the FL has to support that, I have no fcking clue.

Great stuff Adrian, really top notch :toppa:

Breaking news on SSN - Portpin back in!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pompey have got away with it and watch them improve again. Never have they been properly punished, it is galling and whilst many Skates will not go to FP as soon as their results do an upturn they will go back.

Why should chainrai be interested in overturning the 10 point penalty? If he is talking to the FL about anything it will be about how much debt he can roll over into the new company and the value of FP.

I dont understand the celebration on here. BC has money and will keep PFC afloat. Reading between the lines and his 'talks' with the FL I feel he has had assurances about the -10.

That's not "reading between the lines" Nick, that's "making stuff up".

Nowhere is there any suggestion that the points deduction condition has been removed.

Also, reading these reports, it is hinted that a major creditor issued a liquidation order, most assume it was Portpin, I'm thinking it may of been HMRC..........thoughts?

The could only do that if Pompey hadn't paid any tax due since going into Admin. Surely, surely, with all their history and Birch's profession he would have ensured that HMRC were the first (if only) people to paid on time. I should have learned by now never to say never, but I can't beleive they'd have given HMRC the chance to kick them again. Surely.

If he is talking to the FL about anything it will be about how much debt he can roll over into the new company and the value of FP.

Well if he takes over now he can reduce the secured debt by about £3m by trousering the cash that's reportedly idle in the clubs current account. Might be enough to satisfy the FL...

That's not "reading between the lines" Nick, that's "making stuff up".

Nowhere is there any suggestion that the points deduction condition has been removed.

I recall BC's terms a week or so ago where he stated that the -10 was a reason not to proceed. It is not making stuff up, it is from my viewpoint of the situation. I have been assured many many times on here they were toast and finished but every time BC and AA have been well ahead of the game. I accept I may have jumped to a conclusion but watching the FL since Mulwhinney and they have no fibre since his departure.

I recall BC's terms a week or so ago where he stated that the -10 was a reason not to proceed. It is not making stuff up, it is from my viewpoint of the situation. I have been assured many many times on here they were toast and finished but every time BC and AA have been well ahead of the game. I accept I may have jumped to a conclusion but watching the FL since Mulwhinney and they have no fibre since his departure.

You make things up to suit your agenda as opposed to simply observing events & forming a coherent conclusion.

As they say "Well he would say that wouldn't he?". He's not going to come out and say "I could not care less about the points I just want as much money back as possible" even if that was the case.

You make things up to suit your agenda as opposed to simply observing events & forming a coherent conclusion.
'Make thing up' lol

IMHO I have been correct in many things on this, the major one is that they were not toast and will not be. I get my hopes up and then am dashed by operators far more shrewd than those on here. We make the mistake that a football club is treated the same as any other business. The sentimental and community aspect is very powerful, add the fact that it gets treated differently in tax/debt conditions. BC will be taking them over for the reason to protect as much debt as possible. The scenario of renting the ground back to the trust may come to pass, but in the meanwhile they are not toast and are yet again limping on, with quite a decent team

They would maybe be told that " the FL is a private club and you do what we tell you to do so just shut it or leave"

Erm, the 72 football league clubs are the private club. 71 votes to 1 is a big enough majority to see any sanctions through. I'd imagine that PFC have exhausted the goodwill of a good number of other clubs.

I love the way some many skates also seem to think that Chinny is only "back" because he's seen the potential of 18,000 gates (wow, really big money) and because they've started to go "in the right direction".

PMSL.

exactly, it always seemed convenient that their biggest potential income of the season happened to be their opening home game. Had it been Stevenage etc the crowd would have been 3-4k down on that. It will be interesti9ng to see their next couple of games attendances. f they had lost against Colchester that would also have had an impact.

'Make thing up' lol

IMHO I have been correct in many things on this, the major one is that they were not toast and will not be. I get my hopes up and then am dashed by operators far more shrewd than those on here. We make the mistake that a football club is treated the same as any other business. The sentimental and community aspect is very powerful, add the fact that it gets treated differently in tax/debt conditions. BC will be taking them over for the reason to protect as much debt as possible. The scenario of renting the ground back to the trust may come to pass, but in the meanwhile they are not toast and are yet again limping on, with quite a decent team

They were never going to be liquidated as long as any ££ was available, it's not a very hard concept to grasp.

They haven't hit rock bottom yet.

And yes, you do make things up. You've made up that BC has convinced the FL to drop the -10. No evidence of anything but you've decided it's true.

exactly, it always seemed convenient that their biggest potential income of the season happened to be their opening home game. Had it been Stevenage etc the crowd would have been 3-4k down on that. It will be interesti9ng to see their next couple of games attendances. f they had lost against Colchester that would also have had an impact.

Well lucky for them they have a ready-made excuse for their next home attendance to be a laughable 13000. It's all because of Chinny. Honest.

It'll be like when we had people boycotting SMS because of Lowe. It was definitely a boycott and had nothing to do with us being crap, oh no. Honest.

The disease is spreading down there ;- http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4499985/Brides-lay-siege-to-bankrupt-wedding-shop-in-Portsmouth.html

Have to say I am a tad amazed that people bother with marriage there but it appears some do.

On a serious note they do have my genuine sympathy (100% not 20% of 20% )

They could always try the clubs begging approach and beg MA to see if they could borrow the 1st team kit. After all something borrowed, something blue, something old and something ..... well that's that plan out of the window. begging technique

Fantastic, only just caught up with this. More twists and turns than a twisty turny thing.

So TB has concluded PST can't do it and has tipped off BC with an invitation to come and grab the £3m pot as well as taking over.

BC says "thanks mate" and offers the same deal meaning their current dodgy player budget is back on the scrapheap.

Happy days!

'Make thing up' lol

What was that brilliant line I saw concerning a US republicant bemoaning the celebration of a "failed system" (the NHS), which the same poster pointed out according to the Wolrd Health Organisation is better than the US one?....oh yes!

"You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts"

This is brilliant!

I think it should a coalition between 'Bankrupt-zini' & Chanrai - asset strippers extraodinaire.

Looking on PO they seem to think that this new bankrupt asset stripper would be better as it's not Charai! They never learn, replace one dodgy owner with another as it might work out!

this power struggle for control is nothing more than two tramps fighting over a lone ****y flip-flop - and it fits neither of them!

And there was us thinking that the loan shark had waved goodbye to his money.

And there was us thinking that the Trust could complete.

Nutjobs not fooled by hype shock.

The pompey story is now longer than War and Peace.

In fact it is War and Peace, then War again.

Heroes, villians, heroes again - tis getting complicated.

Can someone research the pompey debacle timeline and update it so that Trousers can catch up before Christmas without missing any key events?

Another major event while he's away and he's out of action until Easter.

Although Portpin positively viewed take-over interest by the Portsmouth Supporters’ Trust (PST), we understood from the administrator that the terms offered by PST were problematic in two areas – the further reduction on football creditor debt to £2m and the uncertainty of the committed capital raised and held in escrow to both fund the take-over of the business and to provide guarantees for the next three years’ cash flow.

So although anyone who has bothered to look at the PST bid for more than 3 minutes and has more than 2 brain cells is covinced it won't fly, the majority of the bestest still seem think it the path to follow. There's no helping some people, is there? :facepalm:

So although anyone who has bothered to look at the PST bid for more than 3 minutes and has more than 2 brain cells is covinced it won't fly, the majority of the bestest still seem think it the path to follow. There's no helping some people, is there? :facepalm:

Have the PST actually published their bid/business plan?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})