Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Really? I dont even read Rallyboys posts anymore, he's boring as f*ck and says the same things, over and over and over.... He might as well do a daily cut and paste.

Pot and Kettle come to mind here..........you are sounding more like Corp Hohoho with every post.

Really? I dont even read Rallyboys posts anymore, he's boring as f*ck and says the same things, over and over and over.... He might as well do a daily cut and paste.

Perhaps the reason why Rallyboy's message remains the same is that the root cause also remains the same. If you're so thick as not to learn from some of the most pointed lessons in British Football history, you deserve to have it rammed down your throat at every opportunity.

One day when this pathetic saga is over some of the more intelligent amongst your supporters will perhaps coat the pill a little more kindy to allow you to swallow the facts as outlined in these pages.

Edited by lifeintheslowlane
spelling

I would suggest that many clubs and the PFA are watching Pompey. Why bother handing out decent contracts for players, when you can hire and fire at little risk. Ok you may miss out on the odd transfer fee but you also do not have the summer wage bills. Pompey may well be the blueprint of the future. The PFA will not like the thought that the majority of their members who are average, not having lucrative contracts. If it comes to pass that the bloated wages for low quality comes to pass, then Pompey have done a decent thing for football.

I accept that clubs will wish to sign up their gems on contract but the majority, i doubt it if they had the chance.

here's the deal PES me old mucker - you stop your club from bringing the game into disrepute and raping local businesses, and we'll stop posting the same old twaddle about your club bringing the game into disrepute and raping local businesses.

And you're right, some of us on here are getting fed up trying to explain to the slow of thinking how there's a difference between Man Utd's debt and pompey's, or how Southampton Leisure Holdings' admin was very different to a decade of insolvent trading funded by money-laundering and stolen pensioner's savings.

Yes it is boring - we've been teaching a particularly-retarded Jack Russell a card trick for two fricking years, yet its still staring blankly at us!

But it's not our fault - your clubs actions fuel this thread, the poor saga would've died ages ago if pompey had stopped cheating.

So do explain to us simpletons who think that your football club is a disgrace to the game and the city - how can pompey and its fans ignore paying creditors but use money to strengthen the squad?

And let's remember, the fans have now linked themselves with the club financially and must accept responsibility for what is done with their cash.

When asked to clear debt there is a claim that they have no money, and can only offer a pittance.

But the next minute you are outbdding teams in a higher division - and don't pretend that it hasn't happened, it is there for ALL to see - unless they have their Appy blue-tinted contacts in.

Easy question, simple answer required.....

And while you are doing this Q and A, please, please, please explain - your manager who paid for sex with crack whores behind a grubby skip in an industrial estate while wearing his club tracksuit, driven there at your expense, and who then led the club to a gloriously future-crippling relegation - what exactly is heroic about him?

It's just that as a football fan I'd be annoyed if my season ticket money was given to prostitutes, but no one down that way seems to care about the use of their cash, or his hilarious managerial record.

If you are struggling to answer these questions you might like to try the News website, for people who are properly-Portsea thick they offer an opinion service, just read the hype and you can then pretend you're informed.

But be warned, if you then get in the ring with more experienced and sharper opponents who know the subject better than you, you'll be dumped on your ar$e faster than a gobby cagefighter at the AFC Bournemouth christmas do.

‘You only have to go back to the trip to Spain and Gibraltar, and the majority of that was funded by a supporter and local

businessman.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/cash-boost-for-appleton-1-4186977

There was an article when the tour was first announced where appy said that most of the costs would be met by the local businessman, but that doesn't seem to exist anymore :?

But fear not, appy's bought into the mindset now and he doesn't care who knows....I just hope he remembers to tell neil allen who went to great lengths to convince people the whole trip was funded and wouldn't cost the club a penny.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19342735

See Skates - This is how to manage finances correctly - Not keep overdosing on debt to soothe your addled heads!

And the Blades are a bigger and better club with a considerably greater and louder fanbase than you!!!:x

****, all they need to do is employ two Dutch coaches and they're following the Southampton model.......

I cannot understand Appy taking others' money for players, which would only put P*mpey in another false position, both financially and league status wise.

All he is doing is prolonging that inevitable time when they have a budget, however small, and are forced to live within it.

I know this is P*mpey etc.

here's the deal PES me old mucker - you stop your club from bringing the game into disrepute and raping local businesses, and we'll stop posting the same old twaddle about your club bringing the game into disrepute and raping local businesses.

And you're right, some of us on here are getting fed up trying to explain to the slow of thinking how there's a difference between Man Utd's debt and pompey's, or how Southampton Leisure Holdings' admin was very different to a decade of insolvent trading funded by money-laundering and stolen pensioner's savings.

Yes it is boring - we've been teaching a particularly-retarded Jack Russell a card trick for two fricking years, yet its still staring blankly at us!

But it's not our fault - your clubs actions fuel this thread, the poor saga would've died ages ago if pompey had stopped cheating.

So do explain to us simpletons who think that your football club is a disgrace to the game and the city - how can pompey and its fans ignore paying creditors but use money to strengthen the squad?

And let's remember, the fans have now linked themselves with the club financially and must accept responsibility for what is done with their cash.

When asked to clear debt there is a claim that they have no money, and can only offer a pittance.

But the next minute you are outbdding teams in a higher division - and don't pretend that it hasn't happened, it is there for ALL to see - unless they have their Appy blue-tinted contacts in.

Easy question, simple answer required.....

And while you are doing this Q and A, please, please, please explain - your manager who paid for sex with crack whores behind a grubby skip in an industrial estate while wearing his club tracksuit, driven there at your expense, and who then led the club to a gloriously future-crippling relegation - what exactly is heroic about him?

It's just that as a football fan I'd be annoyed if my season ticket money was given to prostitutes, but no one down that way seems to care about the use of their cash, or his hilarious managerial record.

If you are struggling to answer these questions you might like to try the News website, for people who are properly-Portsea thick they offer an opinion service, just read the hype and you can then pretend you're informed.

But be warned, if you then get in the ring with more experienced and sharper opponents who know the subject better than you, you'll be dumped on your ar$e faster than a gobby cagefighter at the AFC Bournemouth christmas do.

Unfortunately rallyboy, PES "don't read" your posts, so the thicky-portsea-island-dweller probably wont respond.

And..."But be warned, if you then get in the ring with more experienced and sharper opponents who know the subject better than you, you'll be dumped on your ar$e faster than a gobby cagefighter at the AFC Bournemouth christmas do"...another little gem I might add.

Looks as though fans of other teams are starting to get a little bit tired and fed up of the whole situation... this from the Football365 mailbox today:

Sorry to impose on the Premier League knee-jerking, but down in the lowly League One I had the pleasure of a scintillating 2-2 draw between Colchester and Portsmouth on Tuesday. A fast-paced, frenetic, end-to-end game, capped off with a breathtaking goal from Michael Rose, I hope the Pompey fans realised how much fun they could have this season.

But as much as I admire their loyal fans, I can't help but chew on some sour grapes at the Pompey team-sheet. We were told they were skint. We were told they would struggle to put out a team. And yet their line-up included Izale MacLeod, last season's top scorer in League Two, former Reading midfielder Brian Howard and ex-Watford man Lee Williamson. I could go on but that'd fairly dull for most of you.

These are players almost certainly on more than our top earner. Portsmouth are essentially spending their way out of League One, whilst still pleading poverty. Could someone please explain how they can afford such a squad? And what of the creditors being railroaded into accepting measly offers to cancel the debts?

It's cheating. Not on a PSG/Ma City scale, but cheating nonetheless. The rest of us live within our means and struggle on, whilst Pompey make the same mistakes again.

John Hyde, U's fan exiled in Hackney

‘You only have to go back to the trip to Spain and Gibraltar, and the majority of that was funded by a supporter and local

businessman.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/cash-boost-for-appleton-1-4186977

There was an article when the tour was first announced where appy said that most of the costs would be met by the local businessman, but that doesn't seem to exist anymore :?

But fear not, appy's bought into the mindset now and he doesn't care who knows....I just hope he remembers to tell neil allen who went to great lengths to convince people the whole trip was funded and wouldn't cost the club a penny.

Pleased to see that we've got a fair few comments at the foot of this article. Although the Snooze does seem to take them down, have a think, and then post them back up again.

:lol:

That away end holds 2000 - judging by the TV footage of the goals, there's not a cat in hell's chance that end was more than half full.

Peter Storrie may have done the counting,using the same method of calculating as he did when they went to the High court

Rallyboy`s message is the same -Agreed !But the new and inventive ways he keeps saying it is very funny :)

The least competitive team will finish bottom of the league. That is sport.

Why should a team be given special treatment to not finish bottom, and have another club finish bottom in their place?

I appreciate this has been asked before, but I remain very confused. They have an average to decent L1 side. Lots of players others can't afford. How does this happen? It's amazing any PFC fans feel comfortable with it, I wouldn't. My passion for the game has diminished enough anyway.

Some drone on about Man City, PSG, Utd or whoever, which completely misses the point. FWIW I don't like the huge debts of these clubs either. Even clubs like Saints spending beyond their means to get up isn't really in the spirit of the game. The key difference is there aren't creditors suffering. It's merely the choice of certain very rich people to spend their money on it. Common sense prevails when large outlay is used to develop the club, and that's where I'm happy with saints. Infrastructure, academy, training ground. With each pound spent, the club is worth more. Players signed are on the way up. They won't all work out, but most will be worth more, they are assets. It makes it far more difficult to fall apart when you're worth something, and far more likely you'll attract more buyers if needed.

To stay in the top flight, albeit at creditors cost, for several seasons and do nothing to improve infrastructure is shameful. Putting aside the money stolen from PFC's community, they also stole the chance of a new stadium, proper training facilities and a decent academy that could really boost the club. Just short term impatient greed and ignoring all common sense.

They will continue to write off all criticism as rivalry, which makes following football essentially pointless. Who knows most about this? Football fans. Yet 99% of football fans follow a club, so can be written off as biassed. Personally, I put being objective and having a slightest degree of morality 100 times before Southampton Football Club.

The people I'd love to hear from are the creditors who've lost their money. The ones who really needed it. How do they feel seeing PFC yet again sign players the rest of L1 can't afford? Even if it's a month, it's still costing a lot. How did they feel last time? How did they feel after their debt was written off when the club went shopping with stolen lithuanian money? How do they feel when their fans try to justify it without every suggesting perhaps spare funds could be used to actually pay off some creditors? How do they feel when the sub-human, relentlessly blind, hypocritical vile little **** of a local 'journalist' Neil Allen still bangs on about their great FA cup win, or tries to run players on big money out of town, just because they had the nerve to be offered massive contracts no others clubs would.

That's why however Saints get on this season, I won't enjoy any weekend's football while I see this hellish sh1t of a club die. Any self-respecting fans would have been long gone, taken their money and started a club that meant something positive. Yet they'd sooner burn their money and feed satan's corpse. Why the FL has to support that, I have no fcking clue.

Well said Adrian, at least the grown ups on here are willing to read, accept and understand what you have written !!

Why should a team be given special treatment to not finish bottom, and have another club finish bottom in their place?

I appreciate this has been asked before, but I remain very confused. They have an average to decent L1 side. Lots of players others can't afford. How does this happen? It's amazing any PFC fans feel comfortable with it, I wouldn't. My passion for the game has diminished enough anyway.

Some drone on about Man City, PSG, Utd or whoever, which completely misses the point. FWIW I don't like the huge debts of these clubs either. Even clubs like Saints spending beyond their means to get up isn't really in the spirit of the game. The key difference is there aren't creditors suffering. It's merely the choice of certain very rich people to spend their money on it. Common sense prevails when large outlay is used to develop the club, and that's where I'm happy with saints. Infrastructure, academy, training ground. With each pound spent, the club is worth more. Players signed are on the way up. They won't all work out, but most will be worth more, they are assets. It makes it far more difficult to fall apart when you're worth something, and far more likely you'll attract more buyers if needed.

To stay in the top flight, albeit at creditors cost, for several seasons and do nothing to improve infrastructure is shameful. Putting aside the money stolen from PFC's community, they also stole the chance of a new stadium, proper training facilities and a decent academy that could really boost the club. Just short term impatient greed and ignoring all common sense.

They will continue to write off all criticism as rivalry, which makes following football essentially pointless. Who knows most about this? Football fans. Yet 99% of football fans follow a club, so can be written off as biassed. Personally, I put being objective and having a slightest degree of morality 100 times before Southampton Football Club.

The people I'd love to hear from are the creditors who've lost their money. The ones who really needed it. How do they feel seeing PFC yet again sign players the rest of L1 can't afford? Even if it's a month, it's still costing a lot. How did they feel last time? How did they feel after their debt was written off when the club went shopping with stolen lithuanian money? How do they feel when their fans try to justify it without every suggesting perhaps spare funds could be used to actually pay off some creditors? How do they feel when the sub-human, relentlessly blind, hypocritical vile little **** of a local 'journalist' Neil Allen still bangs on about their great FA cup win, or tries to run players on big money out of town, just because they had the nerve to be offered massive contracts no others clubs would.

That's why however Saints get on this season, I won't enjoy any weekend's football while I see this hellish sh1t of a club die. Any self-respecting fans would have been long gone, taken their money and started a club that meant something positive. Yet they'd sooner burn their money and feed satan's corpse. Why the FL has to support that, I have no fcking clue.

Golden post - sums up exactly how I feel to

It does appear that things have entered one of those periods of quiet purgatory. I am amazed that the trust are not calling in the £900 remainder, or at least contacting people and saying "We really need to know if you do intend to come up with the remaining £900?".

As for their current recruitment splurge I wonder if one or more of the "High Net Worth" individuals have made it clear they would only take part if there was a reasonable chance of the club not being relegated to division 2?

It does appear that things have entered one of those periods of quiet purgatory. I am amazed that the trust are not calling in the £900 remainder, or at least contacting people and saying "We really need to know if you do intend to come up with the remaining £900?".

As for their current recruitment splurge I wonder if one or more of the "High Net Worth" individuals have made it clear they would only take part if there was a reasonable chance of the club not being relegated to division 2?

With appleton stating that he needs £60K for wages until Xmas time I think we're due to see yet another of Tricky Trev's deadlines missed. So Trev can f*ck about with a bid that is never going to come to fruition and bump up his fees even further. I'm quite surprised Chainrai hasn't yet sussed this tactic and sought to have the business wound up so that he can get his paws on the £3M in parachute payments they've just received.

I'd be amazed if BC hasn't applied to have the business wound up in the last week.

It's worth more now that it has been for a long time with the £3m in the bank, and moe than it's likely to be ever again the way TB is throwing short term contracts around (and racking up further fees for himself)

I think it probably just hasn't been made public

I would suggest that many clubs and the PFA are watching Pompey. Why bother handing out decent contracts for players, when you can hire and fire at little risk. Ok you may miss out on the odd transfer fee but you also do not have the summer wage bills. Pompey may well be the blueprint of the future. The PFA will not like the thought that the majority of their members who are average, not having lucrative contracts. If it comes to pass that the bloated wages for low quality comes to pass, then Pompey have done a decent thing for football.

I accept that clubs will wish to sign up their gems on contract but the majority, i doubt it if they had the chance.

:eek: Those are eight words that I'd never thought would be strung together in the same sentence.

Can someone take the time to explain what the current situation with the Skate ownership? Who is funding their player loans and wages and running costs etc? Is the only offer to buy the club from the supporters and is this offer still reliant on a loan from the council? When is the next liquidation deadline? Cheers

Sums up why it is impossible for this little country of ours to support four professional football divisions.

Tier three football with low crowds and still relatively high earners (compared to the average man in the street). I do wish football governance would do some governing

Agreed. Half the teams in this country have to go semi-profesional or amateur (and in the case of Cheats FC, pub level).

Perhaps they know that the result would be not as they hope, i.e. hardly any will pay their 900. :lol:

I know you and I have our issues, but that is a top-drawer post, mate.

Neil Allen appears to be trying to set up an e-war on Twitter by asking whether any Pompey fans follow the likes of Adam Leitch or Gordon Simpson at the Echo. He's clearly missing the point - we follow him for comedic purposes, and to remind us that, despite the protestations of a minority, the Echo is outstanding compared to the Snooze.

Neil Allen appears to be trying to set up an e-war on Twitter by asking whether any Pompey fans follow the likes of Adam Leitch or Gordon Simpson at the Echo. He's clearly missing the point - we follow him for comedic purposes, and to remind us that, despite the protestations of a minority, the Echo is outstanding compared to the Snooze.

Has he actually left school yet ? Some of his comments/comparisons and his penchant for blocking anyone who challenges the drivel he is posting or the morality of what is going on, come across like extremely child-like behaviour.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})