Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Chanrai, following talks with the FL, PFA and PCC hopes to complete its purchase of the club within two weeks to avoid an imminent liquidation.

The Trust must be in bit of a dilemma right now :lol:

Oooo, I'd love to know what is behind this.

Has Chinny panicked at all the contracts Birchy is handing out, using up that parachuite payment ?

Reckon all those players they got last week are going to be looking for new clubs in 3 weeks time....

confirmation (if it were needed) that PST was a total non-starter.

Bet this has wiped the smirk off Allen's face..

Oooo, I'd love to know what is behind this.

Has Chinny panicked at all the contracts Birchy is handing out, using up that parachuite payment ?

Reckon all those players they got last week are going to be looking for new clubs in 3 weeks time....

You could be on to something here....

So, Mr Chainrai, you don't want to take the club over? Fine..... watch the remaining money go....

He did always say he wouldn't let them be liquidated. But I thought if they were, he'd get some money? Or is keeping them going his way to get maximum repayment?

If so, how does signing 15 players on relatively high L1 wages help?

He will return to form and those 15 players will be looking for new clubs in 3 weeks time.

You could be on to something here....

So, Mr Chainrai, you don't want to take the club over? Fine..... watch the remaining money go....

Seems like Birchy has played the blinder this time. Forced Portpin back in because he knew PST was a joke, by throwing all these contracts around.

Some superb bluffing and brinkmanship going on down there. Very high stakes poker, and the fans are the losers whatever. How sad...

I expect Chanrai knew the trust was never going to be a goer, now he will get the club and administrators will have halved their fees.

Or maybe he backed off so a few more would buy season tickets thinking he was out of the picture , then come back in a squeeze what he can out of them?

I have to admit I'm struggling to see what's in it for Chainrai this time. Portpin gave a fair old list of things they didn't like when they withdrew a week ago; what has changed since then? Yes, they can see parachute money disappearing on the short-term players (though I'd imagine that they're costing massively less than they would if they were on real contracts), but the amount due to former players hasn't changed, and I always considered that to be the clincher. After all, if those payments will account for the bulk, if not all, of the parachute payments, what's left for Chainrai to get his mitts on?

That said, I'm looking forward to the next chapter(s) with a big grin...

Can you elaborate ? "better prospect" ?
Sure. Chainrai's wage budget that he'd allow is an absolute pittance ; much less than now with the club chuntering on under Tricky Trev. So they'd be a surefire bet for relegation this season, surely. The PST will not take over with their current bid, so that's out of the equation. So the other prospects are them continuing with Trev and continuing to flout the rules, or going out of business and getting resurrected by the PST as a non-league entity and hearing all sorts of tales about what a bunch of heroes they all are.

Much better to have Chinny at the helm to bleed them dry, run the club on a shoestring while extracting every last morsel of money to line his pockets, and we have something to laugh at while their fans completely self-destruct. Classic stuff.

Sure. Chainrai's wage budget that he'd allow is an absolute pittance ; much less than now with the club chuntering on under Tricky Trev. So they'd be a surefire bet for relegation this season, surely. The PST will not take over with their current bid, so that's out of the equation. So the other prospects are them continuing with Trev and continuing to flout the rules, or going out of business and getting resurrected by the PST as a non-league entity and hearing all sorts of tales about what a bunch of heroes they all are.

Much better to have Chinny at the helm to bleed them dry, run the club on a shoestring while extracting every last morsel of money to line his pockets, and we have something to laugh at while their fans completely self-destruct. Classic stuff.

Perfect.

They are a bit angry on POL!

I'm having to make-do with fansonline. Its like a meeting place for the paranoid and delusional to spread their vitriol, there's currently at least 10 threads dedicated to the latest news. One of them is suggesting that Tricky Trev will need protection if he lets Chanrai back in.

Copy and paste time please hypochondriac.

As you wish:

Does anyone really believe this? Think what happened a couple of weeks ago, how can he even think if raising his ugly head in Pompey ever again after what he said plus how on earth can TB ever take him seriously after that?

Either way, get a f**king move on PST and get this deal wrapped up - we don't want any more crooks at the club, time to get rid now!!!

Doesn't sound very reluctant to me, feck off back to HK Chainrai!!!!!! stomp.gif

We need to lobby the FA, the FL, the court, Trevor Birch and ensure we do everything possible to prevent this piece if vile scum from owning so much as a matchday programme.

Its no surprise he's come sniffing around since the attendance on Saturday was near 18,000 and all the money now flowing in.

We need a statement from TB as to WTF is going on. BC is really has knocked the feel good factor into a cocked hat. When will that **** just walk away and leave us to it.

I feel ******* angry mate.

Perhaps the FL wouldnt pass the Trust bid, and there is a back up plan as hinted in Chainrais statement (working with other interested parties) but they are unable to complete in time so either this is a plan to get them to hurry up or Dickhead is coming back only for an interim period.

when will this hell ever end i knew it was a mistake for me and lee to buy our oldham tickets today

This perhaps clicks now. £3.4m parachute payment received, higher gate receipts than surely anticipated and we have altruistic fans buying players! The budget of £30k a week for wages- one of the, if not THE lowest in the division and Chainrai reportedly sought a budget of £1.4m.

The problem for Birch and Chainrai is that if the latter is going to maximise his money he needs a functioning club. It is incumbent on fans to make the club ungovernable in a militant, albeit non-violent way. Chainrai would be scuppered but there is no difference between a quick death now and a tortuous death after Chainrai has owned the club for two/three years.

Can't happen, what action could he take? He can't go to court as its the courts who have ordered the administration process with TB as their officer. I think this is all just ****** from SSN, he hasn't a snowflakes chance in hell of doing this, particularly considering his outburst two weeks ago.

F**k off and do one Chainrai you odious little turd.

Edited by hypochondriac

Here comes that -10 points they thought they were avoiding!....I love how they seem to forget that he wants to run the club on a shoestring also....welcome back Agent Chanrai, just in time to bleed them dry and give the bestest™ fans in the world a reason not to pack the park © :D

Just when all the knuckle draggers start infesting our board again, back comes Baloo and blows all their pikey smirks to smithereens. Great stuff. I reckon Chanrai saw the short term non contract contracts, saw the parachute money flying out the door, and told Trev he was going to get a WUP. So Trev has had to show the PST the door and let Chinny have his train set back. Loving every moment of this. Interesting why he thinks playing with the trainset is better than liquidation though. Wonder what he discussed with the FL, PFA etc? If I were Howard, dumb buyer et al I would be keeping my bags packed and by the door. Ha ha. WTFILN.

Edited by Kingsbridge Saint

So the one horseman of the apocalypse is cantering back over the hill, and likely to be passing Appy's bunch of monthly mercenaries going in the opposite direction. At least they've still got that group of 18 year olds that turned out at Plymouth.

From the Torygraph article:

Chainrai has twice owned the Fratton Park club and was claiming against the club for £17.5 million in unsecured debts in the current administration. As one of the club’s secured creditors as well, he would also likely have received £2.75 million from to hand over the stadium property to any rescue bid.

With an estimated £4 million in working capital theoretically available to the administrator, the liquidation Chainrai mentions in his statement would have had to be called by a creditor with a major claim over the club. Who that is is currently unknown.

Now, reading between the lines, is that or is that not suggesting that Chainrai threatened - as a creditor - to liquidate the club in order to block the Trust's bid (presumably because he wasn't getting offered enough for the stadium) so that his own bid could proceed?