Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/8329395/High-Court-hearing-adjourned-until-Friday-as-Portsmouth-case-continues

"PKF, who fear Portsmouth will be liquidated if the sale of Fratton Park does not go through, have now asked for a delay of 28 days. And the presiding judge agreed to consider the request at 2pm on Friday"

So, what happens if the judge decides at 2pm tomorrow that, no, they can't have an extra 28 days? Haven't they run out of time to conclude the case this week at that point anyway? What happens next if he doesn't agree to an extension?

Edited by trousers

I suspect they'll get their money back. I mean, it's not like Farmery and friends can keep the money raised so far and bunk off to Brazil, is it? The few thousands pounds they have wouldn't last until Christmas. :lol:

Unless they thought it was like the Wiltshire Christmas savings club ?

After this weekend we will not see them again all four of them spent the money on a cross channel ferry fare

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/8329395/High-Court-hearing-adjourned-until-Friday-as-Portsmouth-case-continues

"PKF, who fear Portsmouth will be liquidated if the sale of Fratton Park does not go through, have now asked for a delay of 28 days. And the presiding judge agreed to consider the request at 2pm on Friday"

So, what happens if the judge decides at 2pm tomorrow that, no, they can't have an extra 28 days? Haven't they run out of time to conclude the case this week at that point anyway? What happens next if he doesn't agree to an extension?

Then Trev can't sell the ground without Chainrai's permission. The trust say that this means the club will be liquidated. Portpin say that it will mean that the club will be sold to them.

Pick the source you consider more reliable.

Then Trev can't sell the ground without Chainrai's permission. The trust say that this means the club will be liquidated. Portpin say that it will mean that the club will be sold to them.

Portpin aren't even vying for the club to be sold to them; they're happy for Gulifoyle to continue the administration until the end of the season and find a buyer in that time. So the PDT can't even pull the "Portpin won't pass the Owners & Directors Test" card; with Chinny's new stance, he doesn't have to.

Chinny really is a wily old fox!

"My position is secured; I will get my money back".

Sorry, what I meant is that this two days court case was supposed to be about PKF asking the judge to value the ground at the value the Trust want rather than what Chainrai wants.

All Trev has done is ask for the case to be put off for 28 days.

If the judge says "no, we will go ahead with the case now" that only leaves a few hours left of a 2 day case to go ahead with the case.

The scenario you paint is what would happen if PKF lost the case but I think you're saying the valuation case wouldn't go ahead at all?

Sorry I'm not being clear in what I mean (it's been a long day) :)

Edited by trousers

Much hilarity to be had over on The Snooze site. Anyone who's not been banned able to say what's going on over at POL?

Indeed hard to know ho the WUM's are on the snooze but some very funny comments and cleverly written that the planks dont know who to agree with -

Sorry, what I meant is that this two days court case was supposed to be about PKF asking the judge to value the ground at the value the Trust want rather than what Chainrai wants.

All Trev has done is ask for the case to be put off for 28 days.

If the judge says "no, we will go ahead with the case now" that only leaves a few hours left of a 2 day case to go ahead with the case.

The scenario you paint is what would happen if PKF lost the case but I think you're saying the valuation case wouldn't go ahead at all?

Sorry if that's not clear!

The case is about 2 things: first, whether PKF can make the sale of the ground at all; second, if they are authorised to sell, what the valuation should be.

If the first part is fatally flawed, that's game over. If the funding of the PDT bid means that they can't currently afford to buy the ground, the case will fail, which may be why they're asking for 28 days, to find another source of funding. If the case goes ahead and the PDT are found to be potless, or if PKF pull the plug, I don't think that they'd get another date in court to try to force the sale with different backers.

It's looking like checkmate.

The PDT not coming out too healthily from all this over on POL.

IF the property developer's poisition (and therefore the position of the PST) has changed, surely the PST would know?

So the main issue is with someone the Trust have jumped into bed with. Worrying.

To be fair to PKF and Portpin, there's only 10 more shopping days till Christmas, so they needed the afternoon off.

And pantomime matinees normally start at 2pm ish.

God knows what they can find out in 24 hours they didn't know by now is beyond me.

Sky Sports News saying the property developer cannot raise the capital...

Maybe, just maybe Portabin want all the dough from the sale of Fratton Park up front, in one, rather than a structured plan? Only guessing?

Another scenario, based on pure speculation and nothing else: Robinson has asked to pay in installments or on a different schedule: in which case, PKF needs to be sure that this is not another CSI.

PST said they didnt know why PKF had asked for adjournment. If Robinson cant raise the finance it doesnt say much for the communication between bid partners.

We've got mixed opinions coming out from each party really.

Porpin are probably **** stiring.

PKF are worried about something, but nobody knows what.

PST don't have a clue what's going on but telling everyone to remain calm.

And Stuart Robinson is probably hiding.

So it's all good :lol:

Think the trust have fooked it :facepalm: with the help of the useless birch :facepalm:

Which surely means that he didn't get the Gaydamak land, so back to the fundamental question "who did?". Their fate hangs on the answer.

The wording was very woolly, but essentially the land has not been sold yet, but Stuart Robinson has agreed a fee with the administrators which one would assume would only go through if he was successful in purchasing farton park. I would also assume that portco, Portin have the same arrangement with gaydamak administrators.

Every so often through this saga, I do stop and think just how f*cking grateful I am to Markus Liebherr. RIP.

I'm not trying to push any buttons, but thanks are also due to some of those before him who left the club with something worth buying. The skates have the square root of zero.

Why didn't Micah Hall give Stuart Robinson his forensic background examination? The trust are happy to complain about the Football League not vetting people properly and yet it seems the trust haven't done so themselves on someone they went into business with.

Are the trust "fit and proper" or a bunch of amateurs trying to takeover the asylum?

I'm not trying to push any buttons, but thanks are also due to some of those before him who left the club with something worth buying. The skates have the square root of zero.

Agreed - I wasn't going to go into it all, but the bottom line is we are where we are thanks primarily to Marcus.

They are where they are thanks to... a list too long to mention!

Why didn't Micah Hall give Stuart Robinson his forensic background examination? The trust are happy to complain about the Football League not vetting people properly and yet it seems the trust haven't done so themselves on someone they went into business with.

Are the trust "fit and proper" or a bunch of amateurs trying to takeover the asylum?

Exactly the point I made when it was first mentioned a page or two back.

'Fit and proper' is a phrase that simply should not be used anywhere near that corpse of a club.

Agreed - I wasn't going to go into it all, but the bottom line is we are where we are thanks primarily to Marcus.

They are where they are thanks to... a list too long to mention!

I think Ohio Saints was referring to a previous chairman. He might have been largely (and perhaps justifiably) unloved but you cannot deny the fact RL did leave us with a modern stadium, a good training ground and an academy that has produced saleable assets. That's what masde us attractive to Marcus.

I think Ohio Saints was referring to a previous chairman. He might have been largely (and perhaps justifiably) unloved but you cannot deny the fact RL did leave us with a modern stadium, a good training ground and an academy that has produced saleable assets. That's what masde us attractive to Marcus.

Yep, I know and I agree entirely - Maybe I should simply have written:

"Every so often through this saga, I do stop and think just how f*cking grateful I am to Guy Askham, Rupert Lowe, Michael Wilde, Leon Crouch AND Markus Liebherr (RIP)."

Or even better:

"Every so often through this saga, I do stop and think just how f*cking grateful I am to be a Saints fan."

;)

In too much of a rush for 'Anyone but Chanrai'...

From Todays Snooze and not gone down well with the bestest fans

Rate:

Apollo

4:41 PM on 13/12/2012

@adenuff - If the club is more sale able , how come no one in 12 months has said I'd like to buy it out right , in fairness to the folks down the road that is what they got -

The answer lies in the fact we have fat in our pipes, no proper facilities, we hire a field in Southampton to train on , we owe cash to every Tom Richard and Harry and here we are , following our 250k supporters on the common to this shambles - it's time to release this poor frail lady we call PFC to the final resting place , no matter how grand we think we are , how big of a sleeping giant, our over committed part time employees are gushing in the press what an honor it is to pull on our shirt - we are finally seeing through the Emperor's clothes that all we have left is a naked shell of nothing

:lol:

Have been reading this all day and laughing myself silly, then this came on the radio and I laughed even harder thinking of the Blue Phew down the road .............http://www.lyricsondemand.com/onehitwonders/werenotgonnatakeitlyrics.html

Even the band name is apt !

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reckon this could be a thread all of its own ....................songs to inspire and laugh to ..............................

Edited by ZepSaint
Thought of something else !

The case is about 2 things: first, whether PKF can make the sale of the ground at all; second, if they are authorised to sell, what the valuation should be.

If the first part is fatally flawed, that's game over. If the funding of the PDT bid means that they can't currently afford to buy the ground, the case will fail, which may be why they're asking for 28 days, to find another source of funding. If the case goes ahead and the PDT are found to be potless, or if PKF pull the plug, I don't think that they'd get another date in court to try to force the sale with different backers.

It's looking like checkmate.

Ah, cheers - I think I've got it now (it's only taken 79362 posts for my penny to drop....no, not THAT Penny.....)

@pn_neil_allen: Some members of @SOSPompey have just turned up. A rude word from @CarlSpangled was said towards Mr Kushnir. #Pompey

Classy as ever...

Just in case anyone on here didn't know, Carl runs SOS pompey's twitter site, he is also known as Belfast Blue or similar on some skate forums. Wonder why journalist of the year 2012 used his personal twitter account to say he was calling someone a **** and not the SOS one. Neil blocked me as spam for being right on a point so I guess we will never know.

Just in case anyone on here didn't know, Carl runs SOS pompey's twitter site, he is also known as Belfast Blue or similar on some skate forums. Wonder why journalist of the year 2012 used his personal twitter account to say he was calling someone a **** and not the SOS one. Neil blocked me as spam for being right on a point so I guess we will never know.

That is the trouble with the South Coast Premier Sports journalist, he does not like being proved wrong. I did it to him on Twitter and he blocked me, sad little *****.

You have to take your hat off to Trevor Birch and his PKF flunkies on £500 per hour.

It would take an enormous effort to make the PDT bid look any more disaorganised and amateurish than it already does. And yet Tricky Trev has achieved just that in just 5 minutes in court!

Hats off Trev. £3M in fees and still counting, fantastic work. And supposedly asking for a 28 day adjournment; thus meaning Pompey enter the transfer window unable to purchase anyone, and unable to offer anything more than 1 month contracts (with the uncertainty of the PDT actually never taking over). Although to be fair, given their players' disatrous performances today despite their over-inflated pay packets, you'd have to wonder which other club would be mental enough to pay that much for overpriced cr*p. So they may just be alright in that regard!

The odious geek is on talksport at 7.30 apparently to talk about his day at court.

Hopefully an in-depth discussion about how he was so lost in his own world that he found himself alone in the court room after everyone had left.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})