Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

So to sum today, it transpires that...

The PST have tried to get the club away from people with no money & who just want to make a fast buck out of it, and in doing so have got into bed with a property developer with no money & who probably just wants to make a fast buck.

What odds on the ice cream seller appearing as part of the PDT next - wasn't he Dubai's Donald Trump?

OK, Hatch, Clapham Saint, Torres, Gemmell, Trousers, Joe K, and Steve G, are we all still up for meeting at the George pub on the Strand at say 12.45 ish on Friday lunchtime??

Not going to bother making the trip now. Nothing to celebrate, either case gets adjourned for 28 days or doesn't - no actual decisions to celebrate

After intense negotiations with several world class actors it is with great pleasure that Nutjob Productions announces details of its cast for the upcoming cinema epic: PAY UP POMPEY

All of the actors are said to be excited and honoured to be working in such a massive movie. Several actors have even ripped up contracts elsewhere to come to be a part of this spectacularly plucky production.

"Heroes become villains become heroes become villains, it's going to be an edge of your seat, non-stop, unpredictable thriller!" (The Guardian)

"This film will have a heart, and its heartbeat will sound throughout the film industry forever" (Micah Hall)

"This movie has a great spirit" (Avram Grant)

"They said it would become a movie.

well now it has.

the ending isn't very fair though" (Neil Allen)

"It's the bestest and most loyalest film in the world, but I'm not happy about appearing in this movie without any image rights" (Sol Campbell)

AN ALL STAR CAST CAN BE REVEALED!

Samuel L Jackson as Balram Chainrai, the man who is secured, the man who will get his money back, by any means possible.

Charlie Sheen as Peter Storrie, financial wizard.

Jack Nicholson as Arcadi Gaydamak, the arms dealer who always gets what he wants.

Orlando Bloom as Sacha Gaydamak, he bought the FA Cup then left them to rot without a care in the world.

Morgan Freeman as Kanu, the oldest football player in the world.

Michael Caine as Harry Redknapp, the man with more off-shore bank accounts than wrinkles on his skin.

Matt Lucas as Avram Grant, his spirit was never broken.

Helena Bonham Carter as Avram's Special Friend, her spirit was.

John C Reilly as David Lampitt, a sneaky and slightly childish looking man who once pretended to run a football club.

Bill Nighy as Trevor Birch, the honourable administrator whose life and career is falling apart in front of his very eyes.

Ralph Fiennes once again is Lord Voldemort, who plans to have his day with the evil Football League.

Andrew Andronikou as Andrew Andronikou, the administrator who cuts to the bone while offering his signature along the way.

Christoph Waltz as Vladimir Antonov, a Russian businessman with a dark secret.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Tal Ben Haim, always first in line to pick up his weekly pay packet.

Omid Djalili as Sulamain Al-Fahim, the ambitious but definitely delusional fake sheikh who conducts his business over Twitter.

David Tennant as Steve Cotterill, his team always deserved the three points.

Ruth Jones as Penny Mordaunt, the local MP who will do anything to win your vote.

and Rowan Atkinson as a Journalist, the bestest journalist on all of the South Coast.

& Many Many More!

This from a Press Association article:

'A high court judge placed Portsmouth into administration 10 months ago after being told that the club had an unpaid tax bill of around £2m and owed other creditors about the same amount.'

Is it just me, or is that complete ******?

This is the thing that irks me most about the media coverage of this saga...When quoting the levels of debt that Pompey have racked up over the last 5+ years, they rarely, if ever, quote the full amount - i.e. c.£150m. The BBC will only ever state the CVA2 figure of £62m, thus wiping the absolute debt of CVA1 from history.

Just because Pompey keep diluting the debt but that doesn't mean the debt never happened.

Lazy and/or naive and/or incompetent journalism. Take your pick.

Edited by trousers

@pn_neil_allen: RT @AshBeen23: Problems outside of our control yesterday. Very annoying! Not going down without a fight. Back in court today.

Out of your control?! How can a problem coming to light with your main money man be out of your control...?

Either you knew about it and kept your head in the sand or you were completely ignorant of the circumstances and ploughed on oblivious. Either of which is a worrying scenario for anyone intending to run a football club...

Laugh or cry? Tricky one...

Edited by trousers

We maybe able to thank RL for the stadium GM, but I would rather thank the with profit policy holders of Friends Provident who actually settled for a fraction of the outstanding balance!

Lowe paid himself & cronies dividends, bought back shares & managed to acquire shares for himself.

He got booted by WH Ireland, he got booted by Moragn Grenfell & he eventually got booted by Southampton Leisure Holdings. He was & is no business god. In fact when you look at his record quite how he managed to get a retirement home company to take out a football club is probably his biggest achievement!

At least Wilde had created businesses, managed businesses & made profits!

I will thank Lowe for the stadium, but it could have been so much easier if he had acted on the Stoneham project as soon as he took over.

Anyway back to the the fish ****ers. It's about time they simply die & fade away!

I'm taking a wilde guess that you weren't a creditor, but just another disenfranchised and detached fan with a class based prejudice. Go to the ground we play our home games in, look around, remember the Dell and thank Lowe. It was Barclays and Wilde, not him, nor his background for which he had no choice in that fu cKed us.

Still, if you think forcing a football based business into administration is a plan, feel free. I think we got lucky, unlike Glasgow Rangers, Luton, et al...

Edited by corky morris

After intense negotiations with several world class actors it is with great pleasure that Nutjob Productions announces details of its cast for the upcoming cinema epic: PAY UP POMPEY

All of the actors are said to be excited and honoured to be working in such a massive movie. Several actors have even ripped up contracts elsewhere to come to be a part of this spectacularly plucky production.

"Heroes become villains become heroes become villains, it's going to be an edge of your seat, non-stop, unpredictable thriller!" (The Guardian)

"This film will have a heart, and its heartbeat will sound throughout the film industry forever" (Micah Hall)

"This movie has a great spirit" (Avram Grant)

"They said it would become a movie.

well now it has.

the ending isn't very fair though" (Neil Allen)

"It's the bestest and most loyalest film in the world, but I'm not happy about appearing in this movie without any image rights" (Sol Campbell)

AN ALL STAR CAST CAN BE REVEALED!

Samuel L Jackson as Balram Chainrai, the man who is secured, the man who will get his money back, by any means possible.

Charlie Sheen as Peter Storrie, financial wizard.

Jack Nicholson as Arcadi Gaydamak, the arms dealer who always gets what he wants.

Orlando Bloom as Sacha Gaydamak, he bought the FA Cup then left them to rot without a care in the world.

Morgan Freeman as Kanu, the oldest football player in the world.

Michael Caine as Harry Redknapp, the man with more off-shore bank accounts than wrinkles on his skin.

Matt Lucas as Avram Grant, his spirit was never broken.

Helena Bonham Carter as Avram's Special Friend, her spirit was.

John C Reilly as David Lampitt, a sneaky and slightly childish looking man who once pretended to run a football club.

Bill Nighy as Trevor Birch, the honourable administrator whose life and career is falling apart in front of his very eyes.

Ralph Fiennes once again is Lord Voldemort, who plans to have his day with the evil Football League.

Andrew Andronikou as Andrew Andronikou, the administrator who cuts to the bone while offering his signature along the way.

Christoph Waltz as Vladimir Antonov, a Russian businessman with a dark secret.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Tal Ben Haim, always first in line to pick up his weekly pay packet.

Omid Djalili as Sulamain Al-Fahim, the ambitious but definitely delusional fake sheikh who conducts his business over Twitter.

David Tennant as Steve Cotterill, his team always deserved the three points.

Ruth Jones as Penny Mordaunt, the local MP who will do anything to win your vote.

and Rowan Atkinson as a Journalist, the bestest journalist on all of the South Coast.

& Many Many More!

Superb! - uncanny casting :)

Neil Allen is a complete c***. He blocked me after the derby game, he tweeted he wasn't allowed in, I replied that was a good thing, 1 less Pompey fan that might boo any potential minutes silence. He retweeted and I got death threats etc. I asked NA to condemn the death threats and the guy that wanted my Mum to get AIDS etc but he refused to, arguing that he has no control over what they say. Yeah, but they shouldn't issue death threats eh Neil? His response was to block me. I can guarantee anyone he will never work for a National.

As he condones skates verbally assaulting Chanrai's brother in the High Court, his laid back attitude clearly means he won't have a problem when he comes face to face with me one day.

Neil Allen is a complete c***. He blocked me after the derby game, he tweeted he wasn't allowed in, I replied that was a good thing, 1 less Pompey fan that might boo any potential minutes silence. He retweeted and I got death threats etc. I asked NA to condemn the death threats and the guy that wanted my Mum to get AIDS etc but he refused to, arguing that he has no control over what they say. Yeah, but they shouldn't issue death threats eh Neil? His response was to block me. I can guarantee anyone he will never work for a National.

As he condones skates verbally assaulting Chanrai's brother in the High Court, his laid back attitude clearly means he won't have a problem when he comes face to face with me one day.

That's his problem; he is unable to keep his private and "professional" roles apart. Fair enough that he's a Pompey fan and he wants them to do well, but he has abandoned any journalistic integrity he might have held somewhere along the way in favour of becoming a self-elected propaganda vehicle for a commercial bidder relying on economical backup from fans. The basic setup is just plain wrong. Did you see Echo journalists join Saints on the preseason tour and act like one of the boys? Neil's inclusion in their Gibraltar "for the lulz" trip showed all you need to know about his professional and distanced relationship to the club. He's a groupie with a blog ffs :spaz:

Not going to bother making the trip now. Nothing to celebrate, either case gets adjourned for 28 days or doesn't - no actual decisions to celebrate

I'm at a work meeting until 2pm near Trafalgar, Sq ( I do some work occasionally), so will probably wander down after to point and laugh at the Skates, for no other reason than it's a fun thing to do.

That's his problem; he is unable to keep his private and "professional" roles apart. Fair enough that he's a Pompey fan and he wants them to do well, but he has abandoned any journalistic integrity he might have held somewhere along the way in favour of becoming a self-elected propaganda vehicle for a commercial bidder relying on economical backup from fans. The basic setup is just plain wrong. Did you see Echo journalists join Saints on the preseason tour and act like one of the boys? Neil's inclusion in their Gibraltar "for the lulz" trip showed all you need to know about his professional and distanced relationship to the club. He's a groupie with a blog ffs :spaz:

But he has got contacts though. He gets everything, as it happens, straight from Nabil Hassan at the BBC.

Bang on, he genuinely comes across as a bit simple - having worked on national papers for nearly a decade (and our own Echo for a couple of years beforehand) I don't have the first clue how he ever got a job as a Sports journo, he's shocking and down right unprofessional. The other guys on the News (I begrudgingly admit) are decent local journos that do all right and keep a good balance. Like most people that love their football I follow a lot of the Times/ DT/ Guardian (and a few of the decent tabloid guys like John Cross) sports jounos on twitter. Owen Slot, Henry Winter, Paddy Barclay etc, they always keep their objectivity and offer unbiased quality opinion. Allen will never end up anywhere near that level.

even as they stare into the abyss, the spin keeps on churning out of Fatpipes Arena....

Pompey have been warned they will be facing a side lifted by the prospect of playing at Fratton Park tomorrow.

Caretaker boss Guy Whttingham believes teams are upping their games when they travel to meet the Blues.

He said: ‘We need to get over the hurdle of playing at Fratton Park, where teams see it as a place they are lifted.

‘We have to prepare for a Preston side looking forward to playing at Fratton because of the atmosphere it creates.

‘The opposition want to come and do well because of the history of the club.

Yeah, little Preston, a team with no history, fired up because they get to play against one of the historic giants of world football in a packed stadium!

Poor little pompey are suffering because refs and now players regard a day in their city as a cup final.

A staggering bit of PR flying in the face of facts. :o

They need to get real - and soon, in fact in about five hours time, because they could be in for a shock.

I'm not one for personal abuse, but having just read the Pompey News piece on the court case, I then found myself reading a couple of recent match reports by Neil Allen... oh my god, they are shocking. I literally have no words to describe how badly they read. The Coventry one is particularly good, given how he tries to turn it into some rousing call-to-arms after they finally won a point for the first time in eight games...

Journalists get a lot of stick, I've stuck up for them in the past, but Mr Allen is so poor... It's like Pompey got the journalist they deserve.

:lol: if he hasn't got the excuse that he is letting his own emotions get the better of him, then he really is a collossally ****e journo

Apparently he found out that to win "Sports Journalist of the Year" trophies, you either have to be a really really good journalist, or pretend that you have fifteen fingers.

even as they stare into the abyss, the spin keeps on churning out of Fatpipes Arena....

Pompey have been warned they will be facing a side lifted by the prospect of playing at Fratton Park tomorrow.

Caretaker boss Guy Whttingham believes teams are upping their games when they travel to meet the Blues.

He said: ‘We need to get over the hurdle of playing at Fratton Park, where teams see it as a place they are lifted.

‘We have to prepare for a Preston side looking forward to playing at Fratton because of the atmosphere it creates.

‘The opposition want to come and do well because of the history of the club.

Yeah, little Preston, a team with no history, fired up because they get to play against one of the historic giants of world football in a packed stadium!

Poor little pompey are suffering because refs and now players regard a day in their city as a cup final.

A staggering bit of PR flying in the face of facts. :o

They need to get real - and soon, in fact in about five hours time, because they could be in for a shock.

That's brilliant!

That would be the Preston with a longer and more impressive history than Pompey (they won the double before Pompey had even been formed), and who play in a larger and more modern stadium; which was until very recently home to the national football museum.

I can see why a trip to Fratton to play the might of Portsmouth would see them lift their game!

That's brilliant!

That would be the Preston with a longer and more impressive history than Pompey (they won the double before Pompey had even been formed), and who play in a larger and more modern stadium; which was until very recently home to the national football museum.

I can see why a trip to Fratton to play the might of Portsmouth would see them lift their game!

The level of their self delusion really is off the scale.

Saying Fratton Park is something to aspire to above Deepdale is an insult to Preston North End.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/whittingham-do-it-for-the-fans-1-4585437

"Whittingham knows the situation is causing unrest among the Fratton faithful.But he feels Pompey have a chance to lift spirits by delivering on the pitch for the visit of Preston.

And he is calling on his players to echo the fighting spirit of supporters"

What, the same fighting spirit that saw just 14 out of 250,000 'faithful' bother to turn up at court on possibly the most important day in the club's entire history?

Edited by trousers

Was talking to a Pompey supporting solicitor yesterday who is absolutely convinced they'll be gone before the new year.

This could be the best Christmas ever.

It would be the best thing for them too, most of them just don't realise/want to accept it though.

Was talking to a Pompey supporting solicitor yesterday who is absolutely convinced they'll be gone before the new year.

This could be the best Christmas ever.

You mean we'll miss all the fun of Chainrai being back at the helm bleeding the club dry whilst creaming off the parachute payments you mean? That's not fair.... :(

d487b4eb4af5089374162c086c1db171_normal.jpegMicah Hall ‏@blueballoo2000

Here we go people - everything ready, if sense prevails we will win.

c95eba1e26b7150acc23aeed9f953ed4_normal.jpegSOS Pompey ‏@SOSPompey

Having a great laugh in a boozer, we're up for this.

acf259c9-fcdb-4488-be11-f4fe8a9acf93_normal.pngNeil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Day off scrapped, Xmas shopping on hold, child care rearranged. Last-minute change of plan - High Court here I come. Feel inspired.#Pompey

Edited by trousers

'Inspired'?!

Of course. This never ending tale of bankruptcy, fraud, deceit, non-existent money, shady ownership (x many), dodgy deals, tax avoidance, f*cking over charities and local businesses and all the rest of it... what an inspiration!

Bit worried about goings on. I have a decent bet on them being relegated. Is this a loser if they are liquidated? A slow, painful and deserving death is what I'm hoping for.

It's a tricky one. Not sure the case is now covering at all the original point as does it matter what price the stadium is valued at if they have not got anyone with the money to buy it? In this case if the judges goes for the sympathy route then he may well agree with Chainrai to the change in admin so that the club can continue as if left with PKF and no obvious sale then they could go pop earlier. May all depend on whether the trust have managed to get another chancer in to buy fatpipes for the 2.75 million or not.

Edited by pedg

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})